Chapter 17 – Practicing in the Secret Valley (1)
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You such a mean bastard!" The man in black looks at Rowen or the iron armored beast angrily, because he can't see Rowen at all.

"People like you have no right to say me mean." "If you don't want to die, you'd better tell me at once who sent you to kill me?"

"I've said that you'll know it when you get to the underworld, hahaha..." the man in black laughs wildly. "I never thought, me, Dartger, will die in a place like this, it's really my... shame!"

Spitting out the last word, the man in black falls on his back again, and then he becomes completely silent.

Rowen shuts off the power of the iron armored beast and turns it into a bracelet. He ambles to the man in black.

Rowen frowns as he looks at the dead black man. From that wizard in the thunder valley to this black man, Rowen has been assassinated twice in less than ten days, but he doesn't understand why or who has been trying to kill him.

Is the Tiger family?

Rowen shakes his head. It should not be the Tiger family who wants to assassinate him as they have millions of chances before. In addition, the Tiger family and the Wolfs, while seemingly at odds, are not so hostile like that.

Thinking of the middle-aged man he met in the thunder valley, Rowen remembers what the man has said. Are there really some people in the world who have been watching him? But even so, why did he remain safe those 16 years before, but now killers appear one after another?

"His name is Dartger?" Rowen mutters, remembering last words of the man in black. "Now I know his name, maybe I can get some information."

"Dartger is a killer with a little fame." A sound suddenly comes, and at the same moment a white shadow appears. A beautiful girl in white robes comes by the side of Rowen.

"You?" Rowen frowns slightly. It is Joy, whom he has to meet sometimes before. "I just come out for a breath, and noticing something is happening here, so I come to have a look. It really surprises me." Joy smiles softly and looks at Rowen with a charming expression. "I'm getting really curious about you now, Mr. Wolf!"

"Miss Peruci, I shall be much obliged to you if you will tell me information about this man." Says Rowen faintly, still looking slightly away from Joy, who is too beautiful.

"I know little much about him, I only know he is a freelance killer, not good in capacity, but the assassination rate is high." Joy makes a slight pause and says, "as far as I know, Dartger mainly works in the imperial capital. If Mr. Wolf agrees, I can check on his employer when I get back to the imperial capital."

"Don't bother, Miss Peruci. I'll find out myself." "It's getting late. I'll go first." Rowen says coldly.

Rowen turns back, but Joy says, "Mr. Wolf, aren't you just going to thank me but just go like this?"

"Miss Peruci, how would you like me to thank you?" Rowen frowns, never looking back.

"That's easy. Just don't call me Miss Peruci anymore. Call me Joy." Joy smiles softly.

"Well, Joy, can I go now?" Rowen doesn't want to spend too much time with her, because he can't seem to keep calm in front of her, which isn't a good thing for him.

"And I'll call you Rowen, okay?" Joy says again.

"I don't care." Rowen replies casually, ignoring Joy and striding off toward Wolf Manor.

The thing that just happened lets him lose the interest in practice in the secret valley and he decides to go home first.

Behind him, Joy says nothing. But Rowen still notices that she is looking at him all the time, a feeling that somehow makes him uncomfortable.

....

Back to the Wolf manor, Rowen was intended to telling Patriarch Brain that he met a killer again while the Patriarch Brain was yet not back home since his departure last time. Rowen cannot understand why someone wants to kill him, and he does not understand, either, who wants to kill him. He simply stops thinking about it, and for him, the only thing should be practice and making himself stronger, which may give him a better chance of survival when he encounters a killer.

Helped by the iron armored beast, Rowen escapes assassination twice, so he becomes more and more confident of the iron armored beast.

Rowen still practices the breath of the sun and the moon tonight and the next day he goes to the secret valley again with enough food.

The sun is shining down in the valley, and today is a sunny day, which is good for Rowen. The sunny weather not only helps his exercise, but more importantly, the sunlight can replenish the energy for the iron armored beast as well.

After summoning the iron armored beast, Rowen asks, "You can improve energy like this?"

"Yes, but switching into hibernation mode will allow me to recharge faster." Answers the iron armored beast.

"Then go and switch to hibernation mode," Rowen speaks casually.

"Please leave the cabin," says the iron armored beast.

"How can I leave out?" Rowen knows that this space is called the cabin by the iron armored beast itself. He was entered the cabin through the door before, but he never finds out the door out. He usually changes the iron armored beast into a bracelet when he wants to go out.

"You can open the door of the cabin." Answers the iron armored beast.

After a while, Rowen finally knows how to open the hatch, but only by pressing a button somewhere on the console.

After going out of the cabin, Rowen hears a clatter of metal behind him, and when he looks around, he sees that the iron armored beast is morphing again.

But this time the iron armored beast does not change into a new shape, but changes into the same shape when he first summoned it, that great iron house.

"This is the so-called hibernation mode!" Rowen finally knows something. At this point, he has a feeling that when he first summoned the iron armored beast, it was in low energy. And it is long-day sunbathing that causes it to change.

Considering that other people's summoning beasts need to eat to replenish their strength, while his only needs to get some sunbathing, Rowen cannot help but marvel at the wonder of the creator that such a strange summoning beast can be made.

After a few moments, Rowen doesn't notice that iron armored beast anymore. And he is sitting on the ground to practice as usual. It isn't until sunset that the iron armored beast is fully charged up, which makes Rowen a little curious. He remembers that the last time the iron armored beast was been under the sun for two or three hours at most, and this time it takes nearly ten hours.

Under questioning, Rowen finally realizes that the last time the energy was not full, but enough for the iron armored beast to fight properly.

Over the next few days, Rowen begins to speed up his exercise and at the same time learning all the buttons on the console. The iron armored beast is willing to answer questions from Rowen but sometimes he doesn't figure out all problems, either.

However, he finds that it should take more than a few days to fully understand the buttons on the console. He only knows the iron armored beast still has many powers he doesn's know and it can even fly to the sky. But the iron armored beast tells him that he is not strong enough to perform those difficult operations.

Except for making the mecha crush forward, Rowen eventually finds out that he can use a power gun which is badly in targeting. He shots at the same target ten times and cannot make it once. This success rate discourages him a little.

Another thing he knows is that to be a mecha knight, one should not only be in a good body condition. According to the beast, body condition is only the most basic condition. To be a real mecha fighter or even a mecha knight, one needs to train the mecha combat skills.

"I should meet the body condition first" Rowen decides not to think about a technique for the time being, but to concentrate on developing his the breath of the sun and the moon. He clearly feels the real Qi growing thicker in his meridians, and every day he can feel his body getting better, which makes him feel good. It doesn't mean that summoners don't want to be physically fit, although they are generally not.

In this way, Rowen practices day and night in his secret valley, and as the iron armored beast has told him that he has a great talent and he is making progress every day.

However, to practice the first layer of the Sun and Moon Mind Method is not something that can be completed in ten days and half a month. Even though his talent is very good, it takes a long time to reach this level.

In fact, in the process of practice, he often encounters some difficulties, and at this time, he has to turn to the iron armored beast for help. So as the days of practice increase, he learns more and more about the Sun and the Moon Mind Method.

There are many meridians in the human body, and these meridians have infinite potentials. The so-called internal work is to practice these meridians. The human body mainly has twelve meridians and eight singular meridians, while the Moon Mind Method focuses on the cultivation of eight singular meridians.

In other words, the Moon Mind Method is to constantly absorb the essence of the sun and the moon and merge into their own true Qi. And then using this Qi, one can smooth the eight channels in the body. When the eight channels are all through, it can be said that the method has almost been practised to the highest state.

But it isn't going to be easy. For Rowen now, his goal is simply to get through the first meridian, the spur meridian of the eight.

Read latest chapters -> The False Summoner

0