The World We Create Will Become Our Reality (Yuuna’s Route) (1/12)
267 19 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

The room was silent and for a good reason. Yuu Yuu and Janova looked away and began thinking of their options. I had no say in this choice… this would be what they wanted, and as their protector, as the one who loves them, I'd do whatever was in their hearts. 

“It doesn’t matter to us how the world views Elizera….'

 

 

Yuu Yuu coldly explained as she looked at Janova. I could feel the connection between them burn with their resolve. Janova met her eyes, nodded her head, and agreed.

“Yuu Yuu and I have made this pact long ago that we would avenge the suffering of our family, Jade Opal.” 

The goddess of chaos approached, causing Jade to be on alert. She tapped her blade, tears still falling down her face. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for Jade. The conflicting emotions in her were rushing out and showing on her face. Confusion, anger, with a hint of fear and sadness. 

Janova seemed to have noticed her apprehension as she hovered back towards Yuu Yuu and me and continued what she was saying. 

“Jade, Abigail… the time when I went insane is a mystery to me. But the love and compassion I experienced in those years leading up to Elizera’s tragedy is something I’ll never forget.”

Yuu Yuu closed her eyes, gathered her resolve, and spoke her mind. 

“This has always been personal to Janova and I. We… don't care how the world sees your friend. We… just want this to end. And we can't heal unless we know she won't cause any more suffering, Jade."

“Yuu Yuu… Janova.”

I could feel the hurt in their hearts. The years of not understanding why things happened. The fight to stay sane while remembering the tragedy of Steeble Lake. The deep-rooted hatred that couldn’t heal for all these years. Removing Elizera for them is the same as ripping out the weed within their heart and letting the valley within them flourish. I… had every intention to help them heal. 

“You heard their answer, Jade.”

I stepped forward, in place of Janova as the voice for them. 

“Yuu Yuu and Janova have suffered enough. They don't care about the Radiant Laws and are willing to be hated across the world as the people who murdered a loved Radiant… and your friend."

I stood tall as my resolve peeked.

“And I want to have the title alongside with them as the murderer of Elizera. Even if the people here are the only ones who know the truth of the Steeble Lake incident, that’s fine with me.” 

The knight closed her eyes. The tears began to clear when she opened them as her own resolve kicked in. 

“That’s how it’s going to be, and I can't stop the three of you… nor do I want to. Abigail and I will assist you in this mission."

Jade turned to Yuu Yuu.

“Yuuna will be the high-profile target in this battle. Elizera will do any nasty trick to make her mind shift balance. I would personally like her to stay here and hide if possible.”

Yuu Yuu shook her head.

“No…”

The timid loner said with determination. 

"Yeah, I figured that would be the case. To heal… you need to see Elizera's death."

Surprisingly, Jade was understanding. It went to show me that even Jade Opal will break the rules and bend the truth when she sees corruption. Jade Opal… was indeed our ally. 

“First, we need to rest, Jade.”

I said. We’ve been through a lot with our fight at Steeble Lake. Before we confronted someone as well prepared as Elizera, the three of us needed to be well-rested. 

“From what I hear, we have a bit of time before we face off with Elizera. She’s waiting at the Ancient Ruins… and she knows we all will come eventually to finish what she started.”

I attempted to ease their tension to the best of my abilities. I lowered my shoulders, turned to Yuu Yuu and Janova, and explained what my plan was.

"I think after all we've been through… it might be best to relax and sleep… then, when we are prepared, let’s meet up with Jade and Abigail to finish this.”

“Feo.”

Janova smiled slightly.

“Thank you… Feodora.”

Yuu Yuu did the same as I could see the tension in their bodies ease up, if only a little.

Jade crossed her arms and looked away. I assumed a lot was going through her mind. Finding out the person you've trusted for all these years is involved in something so heinous, I couldn't begin to understand what was racing around in her mind. 

“Yeah, sorry… I wasn’t considering all of that. We aren’t going to face Elizera right this minute. Let's lay low for at least a day or two before attempting to go after her, you three.”

The knight calmed herself as she looked back at us.

“Everyone is here to lay low and relax. You three should do the same.”

With her head high, she looked back at the three of us.

“I promise you, on my own name as the new head of the knights, that Elizera will die for what she did to you two and the people of the Steeble Lake tribe.”

Yuu Yuu approached the knight and met her face to face. 

“Thank you… Jade. Thank you… for helping us.”

She walked back behind me, held my arm, and took a sigh of relief. The five of us were on the same page, which also eased my mind a bit. Having an ally like Jade would ensure that this mission had less chance to fail. Honestly, if I had to worry about anything, it was the pink bunny in my arms. If Elizera figured out a way to break her sanity… she would win. 

I… had to make sure that I had a way to bring her back to me if she did become the goddess of chaos.

Abigail clapped her hands, drawing us into attention.

 

 

“There’s plenty of areas for you three to take a load off. Here’s a small map of the area, Feodora, Yuuna, and Janova.”

Abigail walked in front of Jade and pulled out a pamphlet. It reminded me of one of those travel brochures I read while coming to the Radiant City. How it made the place sound like the most beautiful land in Prism. However, coming to the actual city showed me that looks could be deceiving. 

I took it in my hand as the three of us looked at it briefly. It marked all of the rooms in this sanctuary. There seemed to be many guest rooms, praying quarters, recreation rooms, and even an underground natural hot spring with a built-in spa attached to it. I wasn’t reading all the information about it scribbled away at the sides. Still, I could see that the underground channel was connected to a hot spot that allowed the steam to circle into the sanctuary.

In other words, this place was likely built under here to have that natural spa treatment… for Abigail.

The barklight walked beside the three of us and said in a hushed tone…

"We're protected here, so feel free to use the spa, the recreation room.  We have members of the Baron group stationed to help your stay be a wonderful one.”

With a devilish grin, she added.

“My favorite spot is the church. You can even pray to me there.”

That sweet scent came over me. I instantly cut it away, but Yuu Yuu perked up. She turned to the devil and asked the question like a little girl.

“I can… pray to you, Abigail?”

I grabbed both of their hands with force and began pulling them out of the room.

"We are not praying to Abigail! Let's go, you two!"

The “goddess” laughed as we exited the room. I could hear her voice echo in the underground sanctuary, and it made my bones shake. I shut the door and stood in the hallway, still hitting my foot on the floor in frustration. Everything in me wanted to give that goddess a piece of my mind for tricking my Yuu Yuu.

“Is something wrong, Feodora?”

I looked into her innocent eyes and realized she had no idea what actually happened to her. So, to protect her, I took her shoulders and firmly stated to her Yuu Yuu what needed to be said.

"I need to teach you two a secret about Abigail. When we have time alone tonight… I think it's best if I teach you both about many things. We… need to be prepared for the upcoming battle.”

Janova’s face lit up as she swung around in the air. 

“Ohhh, teach us everything you know, Feo! How assertive!”

I turned to the goddess floating in the air. She was so excited… and it made me calm down knowing we were safe for a little. This… would be the first time I'd be able to have a chat with Janova… without us wanting to kill one another. 

With one hand on my hip, I looked at my two girls.

“So, what do you two want to do?”

I asked, a bit overwhelmed by all the options. There was quite a lot to see for a place underground, away from society. As I looked at the brochure more, there was a good-sized library in here too. Being an avid reader, I could spend weeks finding new books, for example. This place was its own little world away from society.

“Oh!”

The pink bunny jumped up as if she remembered something important. Yuu Yuu bent down and looked in her bag. Yuu Yuu brought out the doll I bought for her the other day. It was the white ranger. 

“Ah.”

Without saying a word, she pointed her eyes towards the room that housed the rest of the girls. Curiously, Janova and I followed her as she made her way to the door. She clenched her white ranger doll in both her hands as she approached the door a tad apprehensively. 

“Ah… Lana and Vivian are here, and I… ah…."

Coyly, she looked at Janova and me. Her cheeks reddened like a tomato as the timid girl ruffled her hair with one hand. 

 

 

“W-Would you two be upset if I went to play with… them? I’ve… wanted to play Prism Rangers with them since they asked a few days ago.”

Shyly, Yuu Yuu asked. It was like Janova and I were her parents as she looked for approval from us. I turned to the goddess as her bright blue eyes stared back at me. We both nodded at one another and gave her a warm smile.

“No, I think this is the perfect time for Janova and me to have a talk... Just the two of us, Yuu Yuu.”

I turned to the goddess who was still hovering over us. She seemed to be overjoyed, sharing Yuu Yuu’s excitement as it appeared. 

“That’s fine, Yuu Yuu. I needed some time alone with Feo anyway. We have a lot to talk about before we face Elizera.”

The pink bunny’s face lit up as both of us gave her the green light. Harshly, the timid loner nodded, causing her disheveled hair to become even messier. She… seemed excited about this, and I knew it would be an excellent way to ease her mind. Yuu Yuu… needed this more than anyone here.

"Go on. I'll keep Feo busy until you get back.”

Janova teased as she held my arm. Yuu Yuu’s eyes lit up as she bounced and knocked on the door. Her bag was halfway open, showing me how anxious Yuu Yuu was about this. She knocked on the door once more, and Vivian answered. 

“Oh?! Yuuna! You want to play Prism Rangers?!”

I heard her ask as Yuu Yuu walked into the room. Lana squealed with joy as she flew over to Yuu Yuu too.

"I know just what game we're going to play, Yuuna! Over here!"

 

The barklight said as she pulled her along. Eve waved at the two of us as we stepped inside.

I turned to Janova, and we both started giggling. After a bit, we both sighed.

Our hearts warmed up as we watched the pink bunny play with her toys.

10