The World We Create Will Become Our Reality (Yuuna’s Route) (7/12)
226 9 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

 

The world bled a tone of purple as the spectrum released from behind Elizera. Occasionally, other colors would produce from the massive energy scattered across the land. The ground was full of purple miasma fog that covered our feet.

“Elizera.”

Yuu Yuu spoke first, stepping in front of me. The Radiant had that same casual smile as she looked over Yuu Yuu. With her greatsword in hand, she put the tip of the blade into the ground.

“Yuuna Vesper, the 66th and last member of the Steeble Tribe.”

 

 

Elizera stepped forwards, and so did Janova and me. We brandished our weapons, threatening to keep her back. The knight didn't react. Instead, she held that same opposing smile.

"This was a long time coming. Maybe today, you have the mental capacity to understand and be broken, Yuuna. Maybe… just maybe, today will be the day that you become the goddess of chaos, and all the deaths of your friends and family would matter."

The Radiant smirked and it made my stomach churn.

“You have no idea how much pain and suffering you’ve put my Yuu Yuu through!”

Janova lashed out.

"For years, I fought to keep my sanity. Every night for years, I would remember that horrible day that you… callously murdered all of the Steeble Lake tribe.”

Yuu Yuu said as she put her hand on her chest.

“I used to call you Auntie Eli… then you betrayed that familiar trust. And… And I still don’t understand why, Elizera!”

Yuu Yuu cried as she began to tear up. Her fist clenched, as her eyes glared hatred at the woman across the way.

"How could you gain the trust of the Steeble Tribe? How could you do that to a child who did nothing but love you in the past, Elizera?! How could you live with yourself?!”

The timid girl lashed out.

“Yuu Yuu…”

I whispered her name. I'm sure these questions were rummaging around in her heart for years.

“You gave the Steeble Tribe a reason to go on. You wrote the book with Janova’s name on it. You told us which goddess to pray to for the sake of our happiness…."

“And then I took that away from you.”

Elizera cut in as her smile faded away.

"Yuuna Vesper, from the very beginning, I had every intention to do what I did."

Janova gritted her teeth.

“You monster.”

Janova barked.

Elizera glanced at the goddess, then back at Yuu Yuu.

“What the world is about to face is nothing compared to the Janova of the past. You being the goddess of chaos is the only chance we may have, Yuuna Vesper.”

She looked towards the sky.

“After Jade Opal killed Janova… and I began cleaning up the bloodied aftermath… I realized the mortality of the Radiants that day.”

She sighed.

“So, when the truth of the world came to be… I knew that something needed to change. I knew… we needed the power of the goddess that destroyed us.”

Coldly, she stared back at Yuu Yuu.

“My goal from the moment I met your father and mother… was to murder them in front of you.”

 

 

Elizera coldly confessed.

“You’re sick… Elizera.”

I barked.

“But my plan failed… not because of Janova. It failed because it was too soon to try and break your psyche. The spectrum under Steeble Lake was going to be drained… and that would have ruined everything.”

Elizera closed her eyes.

“So instead of letting that opportunity waste, I decided it was best to try and break your psyche. To push you into becoming the goddess of chaos… even though your mind couldn't process the level of insanity that was going on that day.”

She looked high and mighty and it made me sick.

“Because Yuu Yuu was too young… her mind wasn’t developed enough to break?”

I asked. To my surprise, Elizera turned to me and nodded.

“I wanted to wait until you were a teenager. The perfect time would have been around that age. Around that age, the way you viewed the world would have been established.”

She set her sword into the ground and crossed her arms.

“At that age, I would have brought my blade into your mother’s neck just like I did in the past… but you wouldn’t have been able to process it. Everything would have been perfect.”

That smile was still plastered on her face.

“You act like they were tools!”

Janova screamed. The goddess hovered in the air as she confronted her foe.

“You murdered 65 people who were important to Yuu Yuu and me! You destroyed their lives… and then you covered it up like your experiment didn't work! Don't you see how fucked up your thinking is?!"

Elizera scoffed at Janova.

“65 people died due to necessity. I regret it every day, Yuuna, Janova. I visit that shrine we created daily. Today… was the first time in all those years that I didn’t pray to it.”

I shook my head.

"No. You don't regret killing anyone, Elizera! You only regret that you failed, you narcissistic, screwed-up monster."

Her eyes were like ice as she looked at me.

“I am a monster. But because I’m a monster, this world will be saved.”

I couldn’t take her madness talk any longer.

“Whatever insane idea you have planned, it ends today.”

I brought out my blade, pointing it at Elizera.

“Yuu Yuu and Janova choose to have you killed… and I’ll help be your executioner. You die today, Elizera!”

My eyes turned purple as the dark spectrum in my body began to channel around me. Yuu Yuu amplified my abilities using her spells as Janova readied for battle.

“Feodora Cicer, you have been a thorn in my side since the day I met you. But because you exist, Yuuna Vesper will have a reason to break.”

That nasty smile came back on her face as she brought her greatsword out of the ground. With one hand, the mighty Radiant brought it over her shoulder. Her eyes turned a bright green as the earth spectrum began to flow through her body. It mixed with a powerful fire… showing me she was strong in both earth and fire.

“Today will be the day that I save the world.”

The madwoman cried. The miasma below us burst away, revealing the weed spell that Elizera had been known for by this point. They spread all around and created a dome above us, ensuring that nobody could enter the battlefield but us three.

 

 

“Yuuna Vesper, Janova, Feodora Cicer.”

She smirked.

“Thanks to your sacrifice, the world will be saved!”

The Radiant appeared above us with her greatsword behind her back.

Her green eyes turned bright lime as her blade gathered an enormous fire spectrum.

 

 

“Stop!”

Janova shielded her attack with a chaos shield, but she broke through quickly.

I connected my blade with hers, attempting to stop her, but it deflected, kicking me to the side. Fire unleashed below us, blasting us away in all directions. Green miasma came from the crater she made, causing us all to gasp for air.

The air around her was poisonous and it was burning my insides. I stood up, trying to balance myself. Thankfully, Yuu Yuu cast a water spell my way. The water washed over me and the burning sensation began to fade. 

“That poison is rough. She must be using her level 2 earth to create it.”

The monster turned towards me and raced my way. I was ready for her as I brought my blade back. Before I could slice her horizontally, Elizera’s eyes shined and my body stopped. 

“Eh?!”

I was petrified, just like she did to Yuu Yuu in the past. Her weapon raised above me and I was defenseless.

“Leave her alone!”

Janova regained herself as she rushed in, brought up a chaos shield, and pushed Elizera back. Slowly, the petrification released from me as I channeled the spectrum through my body. It was a brief spell but dangerous in the right situations. 

“Get back!”

I cried as I shot a darkness spell her way. Elizera evaded and gave us the room we needed to regroup briefly.

“Elizera is strong in fire and earth! She’s an expert in petrification and poisons. Let’s overwhelm her so she can’t use any spells to slow us down!”

I ordered.

"Yes, Feodora!"

“Right Feo!”

At my command, Janova and I rushed in. I brought back my blade, and it flowed with a dark spell as we battled. Her greatsword was heavy, and Elizera would enchant it with the earth element, making her blade harder and stronger.

Janova appeared behind her, attempting to strike her as I kept her at bay. The Radiant predicted this as she twirled around and clashed with the goddess's spear.

“Feodora!”

Yuu Yuu cried as she enchanted my boots with the wind element, making my movements quicker. I attempted to speed to the side and strike her from her unguarded side. However, an earth wall appeared, catching my blade.

"Dang, you!"

I put darkness into my blade and broke her spell, cutting horizontally through the rock formation. Elizera pushed Janova away, ducked, and slammed her hand into the ground.

Janova flew away, and I shadow walked, avoiding the massive collection of stalagmites coming from below.

The goddess of chaos brought her spear back, aimed it at the Radiant, and tossed it. Elizera dodged, but the spear erupted a massive fire spell underneath her.

“Burn!”

 

 

Janova and Yuu Yuu cried in unison as they channeled a fire spell to her spear. With Yuu Yuu’s help, it amplified the spell further, causing an explosion to destroy the collection of stalagmites and the area where Elizera was.

When the dust settled, the Radiant had her hand up. With a fire shield, she absorbed the blast. However, she was focused on my girls as I appeared behind her, brought up my blade, and amplified the darkness with the chaos element.

“Ha!”

I slammed my blade down on her. It cut through the shield and engulfed her in darkness. The shadows assaulted her, but she fought back through the pain and slammed her greatsword into me. I deflected her attack, pushing forward when a sharp rock came from underneath me, stabbing me in the shoulder.

“Ah?!”

It went through my shoulder, deep, as it held me in place. Elizera channeled a fire spell. It was massive as it gathered in her hand. When she shot it off, Janova deflected it with her chaos shield, saving me. The spell spun around in the air and exploded above us.

“Tsk.”

Elizera clicked her tongue in frustration.

I freed myself from the stalagmite, vanished behind her, and attempted to throw her off with a kick. Yuu Yuu canceled my wind spell and added earth into my shoes. Elizera shielded herself with her greatsword, but I had the advantage in the battle. With every kick, she was getting thrown off balance.

Janova flew into our fight and began assaulting her with me. Together we pushed her into a corner, attacking her in an attempt to break down her defenses. But Elizera was skilled enough to defend throughout our blows. The ground below began to fire green miasma at us.

“Feodora, Janova!”

Yuu Yuu enchanted our clothing with the water element to counteract that, effectively diluting her poison. So, Janova and I continued our strikes and attack on Elizera.

“So annoying!”

Elizera complained.

Elizera’s spectrum power spiked suddenly. She pushed Janova away with a burning blade, swung around, and slammed it into the ground. I dodged, but the spell continued as it aimed towards Yuu Yuu.

“Huh?”

Yuu Yuu was surprised to see a wave of fire exploding towards her.

“Yuu Yuu!”

I screamed, causing her to focus. She closed her eyes… and did just what I taught her…

“I’m coming, Feodora!”

Yuu Yuu shadow walked to me. Janova and Yuu Yuu’s level 2 chaos gives them the ability to increase their spells to that of a level 2 user. Meaning, they have the ability to use level 2 skills of all elements. During our training, I showed them how to use shadow walking, a level 2 dark vessel skill. 

She appeared, missing the blast of fire and earth aimed at her. The area she was in exploded as a massive amount of poisonous miasma gathered in that area too. I held Yuu Yuu in my arms, waiting for the next spell to commence.

Janova and Elizera were back in the fight. Janova held her hand in the air and channeled a wind spell, causing dark clouds to appear above us. Lightning struck down on Elizera’s blade.

She kicked back while off-balance as Janova forced her way into her space. But before Janova could stab her with the spear, Elizera regained her balance and pushed her back.

“You all think you’re clever! Fine!”

Elizera brought her greatsword up and it began channeling an incredible spell.

 

 

Glyphs and symbols formed on the ground as the fire erupted below us. The entire battle area was beginning to heat up, and stones and rocks shook the world around us.

"Hang on, everyone!"

Janova shadow walked to Yuu Yuu and me. She held our hands and took us into the air. The massive earth and fire spell began as explosions rocked the world below us. Elizera wasn't like the other Radiants. She was a powerhouse that wasn’t going to go down easy.

 

 

“Janova, let go of me!”

I commanded as we hovered over the destruction. This was the perfect angle for my downward strike. So, she did just that as I began descending towards Elizera. My body was enchanted with the fire element, making my passion intensify. This would give my strike more power behind it.

 

 

“Here I go!”

My blade darkened as my concentration heightened. I channeled my destructive craft as I swung downwards. Elizera connected her greatsword with my weapon. Darkness exploded on her blade, knocking her off balance and canceling her spell.

“Ha!”

I swung at her, causing darkness to explode around her. She dodged and slashed back. Earth erupted behind me. The world was shaking with each strike as we attempted to kill one another with our fatally powerful blows. Wind enchanted in my shoes, causing my attack to be faster. Fire channeled in my blade, making the darkness into hellfire.

Despite my enchantments, Elizera was holding her own and with seeming ease.

“I haven’t fought many dark vessels in my lifetime, Feodora! You are worthy so far!"

The Radiant chided.

"Keep your compliments.”

 

 

I bit back as I brought my blade back. My eyes were a fiercer purple as water channeled into my weapon. Janova seemed to have canceled the fire spell, likely predicting something. I spun like a top as the water rushed her way. It was like a serpent as it traveled to Elizera in a swirl.

“Tsk.”

The miasma spell she planned for me was canceled due to water dilution. It seemed she would use it to stop my assault and take me down as I was gasping for air. Instead, she had to catch herself using earth to keep her foot on the ground.

After the spell, we faced one another. Janova landed behind me, and Yuu Yuu ran up to me.

“Yuu Yuu, Janova, we understand her fighting style better now."

I got their attention.

"We overwhelm her with spells as we look for a way to land the fatal blow. The faster we take her down, the fewer chances she has to retaliate back and wound us. Yuu Yuu, look for tells and enchant accordingly. Janova, aim for her unguarded sides and attempts to kill her at all cost.”

“Right!”

They both chimed as we began rushing at her.

“Ah… It’s time now.”

Elizera glared at Yuu Yuu.

“Yuuna Vesper! The spectrum flow is complete. It’s time to break your psyche!”

The devil threatened as she brought her blade back. Earth channeled within it while  a massive fire spell began above us. Yuu Yuu enchanted both Janova and me with wind, causing us to move faster.

“Janova!”

I cried as I vanished into the shadows. The goddess of chaos did the same as she followed me. We both appeared from Elizera’s shadow. She responded by twirling around, attempting to cut us down. I ducked, and Janova flew back, brought back her spear, and threw it at the Radiant.

Fire erupted behind her, causing her to go off balance. With everything I had, I channeled darkness into my blade. Dark spectrum exploded around us as my sword darkened and became wider.

“No, you don't!"

I pushed forwards, dodging the second strike of her blade. My sword came down attempting to cut her. However she brought up an earth wall. My blade deflected and fell to the side of her and hit the ground. I channeled darkness into the ground, causing it to erupt below her. The Radiant jumped back and tried to escape from my attacks. 

“Get over here!”

Janova brought her strings out and grabbed hold of Elizera’s hand. She spun her body around and slammed her into the ground.

 

 

The goddess of chaos appeared above her as Elizera was on the ground and speared down her way. But before she could slam it into her back, Elizera deflected her with a massive earth spell, saving her life by inches.

“Enough!”

The wall of earth exploded, causing Janova to back up. The Radiant stood up as I rushed in. We connected blades again. This went on for a bit as we battled to catch each other off guard.

“Your actions will destroy this world, Feodora!”

"You don't get it, do you, Elizera?!”

I brought my blade down on her head, but she guarded with her greatsword. I could feel her shoulders giving in as the darkness around us began assaulting her too. I pushed with all my willpower, doing my best to slice her through.

"What don't I get?! You're the one who doesn't know the truth of the world, Feodora! You don't understand how you're endangering this world by trying to stop me!"

I clicked my tongue as my power was amplified by the chaos element.

“This isn’t my world anymore! I could care less about this world you’re trying to save with your madness, Elizera!”

Janova joined in with her spear, attempting to break the barrier Elizera made. Yuu Yuu channeled a wave of spells of all elements. They assaulted the demon, causing her to break down slowly.

“Keep it up!”

I commanded my girls. The spells intensified as Elizera was getting overwhelmed.

“The world your loved ones wanted to be in will be destroyed! Yuuna, Janova, could you live with yourselves knowing you took part in destroying everything they loved?!"

Janova clicked her tongue.

“You’re a liar, Elizera! The Steeble Tribe wanted to escape from this reality! They wanted a perfect world made by Yuu Yuu! And you took that away from them by killing them!”

Yuu Yuu intensified her spells.

"My mommy and daddy wanted to live in paradise! They trusted you Elizera, and that led to them dying at your hands! How dare you bring them up and try to justify what you've done?!"

The timid loner brought out a water spell. A white spear made from the chaos element and water appeared slowly out of a portal above. Janova and I held her down with our assaults, ensuring she couldn't move by overwhelming her. I could see the fear in Elizera’s eyes as this massive spell was aimed her way.

 

“My parents… my friends… my family… They wanted us to live in a paradise made by me!”

Yuu Yuu’s eyes shined as the massive spell awakened the determination in her.

 

 

"And my paradise can't be made with you alive! Feodora, Janova, and I will create the perfect world the Steeble Tribe wanted!” 

The spear aimed at the Radiant. Elizera attempted to move, but Janova and I had her pinned.

“And that perfect world starts with your death, Elizera!!!”

 

 

 

 


 

I blinked my eyes and…

The world was dark…

I couldn’t tell if the spell went off because… I couldn’t feel anything suddenly.

“Huh?”

I looked down as everything was becoming darker. Yuu Yuu’s spell canceled abruptly, and I heard Janova scream. My neck was being severed when I looked down, and I saw blood running down my body. I couldn't understand what was happening. One minute she was pinned, unable to even lift her blade. And the next… I'm struck?

A strange warm sensation was around my body. The voices were muffled, and I closed my eyes.

“Don’t… If I close my eyes… I won’t wake up.”

I tried to tell myself, but my body went limp. I hit the dirt, yet my eyes were open. The horrors of my night terrors came back. A little girl running. Symbols were exploding in the cold world I found myself in.

Suddenly, I saw a man. He held that hatchet I knew all too well as he turned to me.

 

 

 

“Feodora…”

That cold voice echoed through his mask.

“Maxwell? What happened?”

In a hushed tone… he told me.

“You were careless… and now you lost your life.”

 

 

9