Ch 49: Flames and Lightning vs Darkness and Blood | final part
23 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Demonic possession… He really did it.' Virzarod thought as he looked at Kuraim.

Their objective here was simple but difficult. Virzarod knew that coming to this place was dangerous. One of his fears was precisely Keiichi, due to his Hell Flame. He knew that Kuraim would lose, so he was already planning his escape, but the current twist made him change his mind.

'With your current power, I think you can kill the boy.'

-

'System, what is this?'

【Demonic Possession, also called Demonic Pact. After a negotiation, an individual can form a pact with a demon. If the pact is finalized, the individual receives the powers of the demon and a significant power increase depending on the demon's power.】

-

"You… what have you become? Abandoning your humanity and selling yourself to a demon… all for power?" Keiichi looked at Kuraim with a neutral expression.

"Hahahaha! Don't be a hypocrite, Brat! The flames you carry have the same origins as this!" Kuraim yelled with a crazed expression. "Now, you can die!"

A giant dark sphere appeared in Kuraim's hand. It looked like a black sun, swallowing all the light.

-

"Damn! Has this guy gone crazy?! If this attack hits the surface, won't it destroy the entire continent?!" Alad exclaimed, startled.

Ayaka looked at the giant dark sphere with a horrified expression.

'So this is power?... Can I really fight it?...'

Unconsciously, white flames emitted from her body as she clenched her fists.

"Ayaka!" Takahiro appeared beside her. This time, his expression was unnaturally stern. With Kuraim's recent increase in power, everyone here was doomed, he thought.

A father protects his children, even if they have to dishonor his word. He wouldn't respect Ayaka's wishes right now, because all that mattered to him right now was her life.

Takahiro immediately took out his teleportation artifact, ready to use it. But…

*SLASH!*

"Argh!"

"Dad!" Ayaka's eyes widened as she saw her father's arm being cut off. She immediately used her spirit flames to heal him.

"Impossible! Impossible! I might consider it a coincidence if it was just the boy, but you too…" Virzarod looked at Ayaka with a serious expression.

In Kuraim's hand was Takahiro's arm.

'Are you telling me that this girl has a connection with this Spiritual Palace?' Kuraim asked telepathically.

'These flames, like the Hell flame, were used in the war between the Spiritual Palace and the Abyss. I don't know how these flames came about, but they are problematic. You better kill that girl too.' Virzarod replied.

-

The current situation was complex. Kuraim was smiling, ready to launch the black sphere at any moment. Dion, Alad, and Adolph finished killing the Imps, but outside of Dion, everyone was injured. Takahiro's arm was healed by Ayaka, leaving many surprised. And Keichi…

"I thought I could kill him without any problems, but it looks like I was wrong," Keiichi muttered grimly.

He could have killed Kuraim in a few seconds, but that wouldn't ease her hatred. He wanted to make him suffer the equivalent pain he had suffered in his life. But everything went wrong now. He didn't expect Kuraim to have such a trump card. Because of his hatred, many now risk their lives.

"But if you think you've surpassed my level, you're sorely mistaken."

-

At this moment, the world seemed to have stopped. Keiichi released 100% of his power. He knew that if he left these two alive, the chaos would be much greater in the future. Even if it causes drastic changes in your world, it's for the best.

-

'Was he holding back this whole time?!' Virzarod thought with a little panic.

'How is this possible?!' Kuraim looked at Keiichi with a confused expression.

'System, how many points do I need to teleport Virzarod's real body to this location?'

Recently, Keiichi learned that he could not only buy items from the system store. He could also buy "favors" However, these orders are not always accepted, and the price is relative.

【500 points】

'Do it.'

Suddenly, another Virzarod appears on the spot. His real body was here and looked very different from the clone.

"What?!" Virzarod's eyes widened in disbelief. 'He teleported my real body?! As?!'

Not just him; everyone was confused.

"Hahahaha! This must be your real body! Good, good! Looks like I can kill you now!" Dion yelled. His body was covered in lightning, and he was ready to strike, but…

The giant dark sphere descended on everyone. The world seemed to have lost its light.

"Shit!" Takahiro panicked. "Get ready to use your strongest attacks!"

Just as everyone was about to combine their attacks to stop the dark sphere, a crimson blade descended.

*SLASH!* *BOOMMM!*

Keiichi split the dark sphere in half with his Dragonwrath.

The energy spread across the sky, pushing the clouds away and covering an area of ​​8,600,000 km².

After that, Keiichi immediately shot toward Kuraim.

Kuraim launched endless energy blasts at Keiichi, but they were avoided, crashing directly into the ocean and causing explosions worse than atomic bombs.

Virzarod also began to act, summoning dozens of Imps.

"Fuck! It's too risky to stay here. How about we leave?!" Alad suggested. Adolph seemed to agree. Ayaka and Takahiro had no choice as they were the weakest, so even running felt difficult.

"Useless cowards," Dion muttered as he prepared to attack Virzarod. The Imps tried to stop him but failed miserably. Dion passed the imps in the blink of an eye and appeared in front of Virzarod.

-

Keiichi was about to include Virzarod in the fight but was surprised to see Dion fighting him. He was confident in fighting both of them simultaneously, but it wouldn't be necessary.

*SLASH!* *SLASH!* ….

Kuraim created several shadow clones and attacked Keiichi. This was one skill he learned after the demon pact, shadow control.

Keiichi dodged all attacks while using his Dragonwrath to destroy the shadows. Lucky his sword was magic, because physical attacks seem to be useless.

After destroying the shadows, Keiichi cut off Kuraim's arm. However, the next moment the arm was regenerated.

'It seems that he also achieved the demon's regeneration. But these powers can only be used while he is in demonic form.' Keiichi thought.

"Tsk!" Kuraim clicked his tongue as he saw that he was being bested by Keiichi. Due to his energy, he couldn't keep the Demonic Possession for long. 

-

Meanwhile, Dion was attacking Virzarod; however the previous advantage was not so apparent. Virzarod's real body was much more powerful than the clone, so he could fight Dion more easily, but he was still at a disadvantage.

Virzarod then created several blood clones to try to overwhelm Dion. Virzarod's energy/stamina capacity was superior to Dion's, so he attempted a battle of attrition and intended to buy time. Nonetheless…

*BOOMMM!*

Greenish flames ignited in the sky. Everyone looked at it with a worried expressions.

'Looks like the boy is going to use his trump card.'

-

Keiichi, covered by the green flames, looked at Kuraim.

Kuraim felt goosebumps when he saw the flame.

"Time for you to pay for all the crimes you've committed." Keiichi focused Hell Flame on his sword, ready to launch a devastating attack, but…

"It's good that you came." Keiichi looked at Virzarod, who had appeared beside him. He intended to stop Keiichi from launching his attack, but his presence was detected.

With only one hand, Keiichi sent a beam of flames at Virzarod, sending him toward Kuraim. Then he looked at Dion and realized he had been immobilized.

Several red chains surrounded Dion's body, leaving him immobile. He didn't look hurt, but he had a hateful expression. Keiichi noticed a magic circle around the chains.

'A magic matrix?'

Keiichi didn't have time to think as Virzarod and Kuraim prepared their attacks. Two energy beams, red and black, shot toward Keiichi. Red chains wrapped around his body when he was about to fight back.

"How?!" Keiichi was surprised. He couldn't move, and his energy was being suppressed.

"Keiichi!!" Seeing that the situation had turned bad, Ayaka tried to help him, but…

"Go away!!!" Keiichi yelled with a worried expression. He didn't want to get her involved in such a dangerous situation.

'Hey, System, I'm going to do something crazy now.'

Keiichi's body was covered by the greenish flames. The chains began to tremble until they shattered.

'This boy is crazy!' Virzarod thought in disbelief.

Keiichi continued to gather the Hell Flame around him. He thought it might hurt him, as he had never applied such a large amount of flame to his body. 

*BOOOMMMM!*

Keiichi shot toward the two energy beams without any fear. Focusing Hell Flame on Dragonwrath, he sent a slash of flame[ ) ] toward the beams.

Hell flame swallowed the energy beams effortlessly and continued towards Virzarod and Kuraim. The two continued to spend their energies trying to stop the Hell Flame, but it seemed useless.

'Ended.' Keiichi thought as he felt the tiredness rising in his body. He thought his attack would definitely kill them both, but his eyes widened at the same moment.

"What-" Ayaka's eyes widened when she saw that she had appeared beside Kuraim. Kuraim held her by the neck and placed her in front of his body like a human shield. In his other hand was the teleportation artifact he had taken from Takahiro, which was now disintegrating. The artifact was a one-time use, and Kuraim used it to bring Ayaka before him.

"Ayaka!!" Keiichi quickly extinguished the Hell Flame, canceling his attack.

"Humans are really so fragile…" Virzarod smiled. However, his expression said he didn't have much energy left.

"You better not try any tricks, or else the girl dies," Kuraim said with a smile.

"Keiichi… kill them. Don't worry about me. I'd rather die than live this way!" Ayaka screamed.

"How brave…" Kuraim muttered.

"Let go of my daughter!!" Takahiro tried to stop them, but his chest was pierced by a crimson blade.

"Ay…Aka." Takahiro muttered before losing consciousness.

"DAD!!" Ayaka was furious. Snow-white flames surrounded her body. Kuraim and Virzarod felt a strange sensation in their bodies, a feeling of disgust.

Kuraim's arm began to burn abnormally, while Virzarod was repelled.

'I knew it! This girl's flames come from the Spirit Palace!' Virzarod thought with a frown.

'Human, it's time for us to leave.' He conveyed his thoughts to Kuraim. They had almost no energy left and Keiichi was about to attack him.

'Screw this! We got almost nothing.' Kuraim thought. He was about to try to kill Ayaka. At least he thought he could kill one of the biggest problems before he left.

Despite his arm being abnormally burning, Kuraim still managed to react. When he was about to attack Ayaka, his blade was blocked by Keiichi.

'Tsk!'

"When we meet again, it will be our last fight, boy," Kuraim said before disappearing along with Virzarod by a magic matrix.

Ayaka desperately ran towards Takahiro. She used her flames to heal him and was relieved to see he wasn't dead.

-

The atmosphere was now calm. The remaining Imps who were fighting Alad and Adolph were killed.

Alad and Adolph were silent. Ayaka was hugging her father with a depressed expression. And Dion was wearing a hateful expression as he carried a woman in his arms.

Meanwhile, Keiichi was looking at the sky thoughtfully.

'Defeat. Complete defeat!' He thought as he clenched his fists. Where did he go wrong? Did he underestimate his enemy too much? Was the hatred he has for Kuraim his mistake?

He looked briefly at Ayaka. He knew that if he had continued his attack, everything would have ended, but the girl's life in front of him would also be taken. Would it be worth it? Would he regret it if he did?

Virzarod used his emotional weakness twice!

*Sigh!*

Keiichi realized that this world was not a superhero movie which, for some reason, good always wins. His world fell into darkness... a long time ago.

3