Chapter2- Hikaru Hyûga
125 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Hikaru opened his eyes he was confused. Lying on something that looked more like a mat than a bed, he wondered whether he had woken up or if it was just a dream.

He was in a strange room and everything around him was a picture of calm and serenity.

He was wearing some strange black garment, it was not ugly but it was not the kind of thing that he will wear according to his tastes. they were both warm and light. Next to the bed were a pair of sandals. He was not an expert with those, but he felt that they looked fairly familiar.

Hikaru did not know whether it was due to his imagination but he felt restrained, caged by something invisible.

Realization dawned upon him and he remembered what happened during the last "hours" or so he thought. He had died and got reincarnated.

But even though his life was saved, his future was now uncertain bond to the rule of a clan or more exactly, those who ruled it.

As if to gain confirmation, Hikaru stood up, and almost fell on the ground doing so.

Was this due to the soul transfer or just the result of the ceremony?

No one answered his question.

There was a bucket of water in the room with a napkin on the side, whoever left it there should have been the one dealing with his fever while he was unconscious.

Luckily or not the person had already left and was not present to see Hikaru make a clown of himself.

Hikaru stumbled toward it until he saw his reflection on the surface of the liquid.

He saw a young boy around four years old with long hair that freely reached his back. He had the signature featureless eyes that the Hyuga had inherited from their ancestor. His pupils looked bigger than normal and had a slight lavender tint to them.

" so now my name is Hikaru Hyuga?" Hikaru realized, from the memories that were now getting orderly in his mind.

Five years ago, after being killed by his imaginary girlfriend, Hikaru was reincarnated in this world with no memory whatsoever.

He lived with his mother until she died due to an illness when he was still a baby. He lived like any other orphan belonging to the Hyuga clan.

But things changed during that ceremony the day before when he awakened in some way, discovering that he had lived in the world of Elemental nation until now, the Narutoverse.

" There are certainly better choices, than being a member Of the Hyûga clan branch family.

But it is still better than dying, perhaps" Hikaru was not sure about what to think of this situation. But a beggar could not be a chooser.

Even now, he did not have any idea of the reason why he arrived in this world.

Was this a common thing after death?

Or was it just a lucky soul, saved thanks to divine intervention?

He pinched himself and found that he could still feel pain, everything around him looked pretty much real in his eyes.

If it was an elaborate prank, Hikaru only felt admiration toward the people behind it.

He decided to not dwell on the matter. Perhaps somewhere, something was looking at him. But he did not want to dwell on this matter, at least he would like to enjoy being in this new world.

After all, he knew any things that will happen in the future.

" Still, I would have preferred being an Uchiha" Hikaru sighed.

Although the byakugan was incredible, Hikaru felt that it fell short compared to the Sharingan the trademark of the clan Uchiha.

According to the canon, the extermination of the Uchiha clan was going to happen around three years later.

At least, Hikaru was going to escape the threat that Itachi and the Root represented.

In the canon, there was no mention of Hikaru Hyuga, certainly a nobody in the clan or an addition due to his presence in this world.

Even though the byakugan was a powerful Jutsu only second to the Sharingan, most Hyuga clan members could not use it fully. Only talented people like Neiji, Hinata were able to use it fully.

It was not like the Sharingan that offered a chance of ascending from the level of thrash to that of an expert if one went through a trauma and awakened a powerful ability just like was the case with Obito Uchiha ( no offense please).

Was he among the 4% individual of the clan with pure eyes able to use the Byakugan fully? Hikaru was unsure. His body was already more than four years old and he was still unable to use the dojutsu of the clan.

" At least, if a thing goes according to the cannon, I have an advantage that only seer have, the knowledge of the future: the Hyuga's scandal, the Uchiha genocide, the Otogakure Clan. I know when and where to find some forbidden technique. I even have information on some power in the shadow: Madara and Obito Uchiha, Zetsu, the Otsusuki, Orochimaru, the Akatsuki...

I am even aware of their personality, their weakness and their plan" Hikaru tried to reassure himself with that knowledge only to find himself more scared.

Every one of these characters was powerful and crazily dangerous. Some could Kill his actual self with but a mere gaze, and it was not just literally.

He could continue to try to convince himself that with all this knowledge, he was all-powerful and that he could survive as long as he kept a low profile.

Or he could buy his time while striving to gain enough power to face them without worry.

" I want to become a powerhouse just like them.

It will be difficult with this cursed seal on my forehead. But if I am sure of one thing, it is that in this world nothing is impossible"

6