chapter 13.
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Few weeks after the "incident", She recieved a letter from Du Hai. As expected, he had gotten first place on the palace entrance test and became a fourth ranked official.

There were 9 ranks of officials and the 4th rank was a quite high rank. There was the prime minister, four second ranked officials inder the prime minister, 16 third ranked officials under the second ranked officials, and 64 fourth ranked officials under the third ranked officials, and so on, and so on. If you became a fourth ranked official, you would be given and estate outside of the capital, a mansion in the capital, 20-30 slaves, and a salary of 1000gold monthly. Although it wasn't much, it was considered a lot. 

Du Hai expressed his hate for her small cottage and her way of living like a peasant. He said, she was worthy of becoming queen, and that no one deserved her in this whole world. This warmed her heart, having someone care for you was a nice feeling. Du hai also wanted Mei Lan to live at his mansion in the city.

He wrote about the beautiful room he had prepared for her there so she could come whenever she wanted to. All four walls were draped with ocean blue, cyan, indigo, and sky blue tapestries; there was one big round window with a carved wooden frame that had little figurines of birds and flowers, that looked down at the streets. there was a bright thick crimson patterned carpet draped across the floor that was supposed to be from a country of dancing snakes and spices. There were 8 candle holders on the wall that were painted with silver, and they held lavender scented candles. In the middle of the ceiling there was a big glowing pearl the size of a head. The ceiling itself was painted to look like the night sky with the moons, the clouds, and thousands of stars. There was a big wooden bed with curtains, on one side of the wall with all the softest, beautifullest, embroidered pillows and blankets he could find. On the other side, there was a painted dressing wall and a gem studded silver elegent mirror stand. There were soft mattresses, and pillows in the middle of the room, so she could be comfy. There also was a door leading to a bath, which delighted her som much, and a door leading to a room to keep her clothes in.

She was drooling by the time she got to the end of the descriptions. Du Hai also mentioned, that if she came to live with him, he would provide her with delicious foods, and 100 gold coins every month. Du Hai knew exactly how to catch her attention.

She did vow to herself that she would never be twisted with people of her past, but she was always weak when it came to bribery. After all, she was suppose to be evil.

She stared at the letter. She felt guilty, for using Du Hai, but she mostly felt warm in the heart for no reason.

She had mixed thoughts about the moving. After the "killing game" that night, she began to fear her safety. But she also needed the woods to shift and let loose. She needed privacy. A lot of privacy.

But the letter was soooo tempting, she decided she would figure out a way to visit the woods, but until then, she would live with Du Hai and the beautiful rooms he had prepared for her.

She instantly wrote back and began to pack.

She knew she was being foolish and inthoughtful, but then again, when had she ever followed that good voice in the back of her head? She was surprised it was still alive. 

0