chapter 14.
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Lan poked her head out of the very extravagant carriage's curtained window. This carriage was carved out of a gold veined blue stone name lapiz lazuri with butterflies carved onto the stone. Not only that but the frames and furnishings were made of gold and the cushions indside were made of the softest wight fur only found in the land of harsh winters and immortal trees. Even the horses pulling the carriage were war horses, pure white war horses. Also according to the romours outside while she was traveling, is that, this carriage and many more extravagant carriages were personally bestowed by the crown prince to Du Hai. Apperently Du Hai was only 17 and became a third ranked official. 

However Mei Lan was not suprised, her brother managed to become the prime minister at the incredibly young age of 21, which was the year that the emperor died and the crown prince became emperor. 

Now her brother would have a very big mansion close to the imperial palace, 100 slaves and 5000 gold coins per month. She expected that her room would also increase in luxury. It would be nice to have a scented jade swimming pool in her room, so she could swim whenever she wanted to. She had one as a empress......

"Ahhhhhhhh" She siged as she sat back into the luxurious white fur seat. It had been exactly 3 years since she was kicked out by her own family. Now she was going back, to all the festive parties and gatherings, the competing, and gossiping. But she did not want to , it was too tiring for her now. She felt like an old soul, too tired to youthfully flirt and gossip, to chase handsome men and laugh crazily, to plot evil plans and enforce them.  

After a few hours the carriage stopped at a magnificant mansion only 500meters from the imperial palace, practically next to it. 

The carriage doors opened and a hand was offered to her. The hand was clean and beautiful, yet firm and calloused. It was Du Hai's hand. Her heart swelled with an unexplainable warmth, she was even confused for a second. She was supposed to be a unfeeling, cold and hatefull person. Why was her heart so warm?

But she didn't question it too long because Du Hai's hand was waiting for her. 

"Du Hai! I've missed you brother!" She cried, her eyes souring as she jumped out of the carriage and hugged her brother. Althoug she was a self supporting strong woman, she hadn't had human contact in 1 year. She was bound to be lonely.

As if, Du Hai seemed to understand this, he hugged her tightly and they stood there for who knows how long. Well, until her tears that lined the bottom of her eyes dissapeared due to blinking thousands of time. 

"I have missed you as well my angel of a sister." Said Du Hai as he quickly pulled her in front of him to take a good look at her. Somehow she had becom more beautiful, maybe it was because of her mysterious demonic power, or maybe it was because her heart had softened, thus making the outward appearance more beautiful... She was glamourous, and beautiful at the same time.

If her previous beauty was considered the top beauty then right now she seemed like a goddess. 

However Mei Lan had no knowledge of this since she didn't have any mirrors, so naturally she did not understand when her brother wrinkled his brows.

"Brother.... do I stink?" She asked

Du Hai was to suprised to answer. His lovely sister, stink? He had wrinkled his brows at the thought of hundred of suitors throwing themselves at her, thousands of men who would do anything to receive her attention, yet she asked him if she stinked?

Because of Mei Lan's poverty she could only change into a clean set of white linen robes and because of this she looked like a pure, innocent, beautiful, shining , and more words to describe something that could not be described.

"Yes, yes you stink, brat, how dare you become beautiful, now you brother will have to work double shifts to kill all the wolves throwing themselves at you" He yelled.

Mei Lan was startled, she expected that by now her appearance would have become ugly because of her tattoos, but apperantly not. Then she thought of her Du Hai and laughed.

Du Hai's face changed again, her laugh was as pleasant to hear as bells and clear as glass. She was simply a formidable beauty. He was suddenly worried about his future.

But, soon Du Hai's face lighted up again as he lifted her up in the bridal style and ran into the house. 

"Come I have prepared your room, I think you'll like it!" He yelled like a excited child as he ran up four grand staircases like nothing. 

Du Hai's mansion was comparable to a second ranked mansion, it was seven stories high with grand decorations and a giant big estate. It was probably even bigger than their fathers.

"Put me down you inhuman brat, don't you know I am very heavy? I will crush you with my weight if you don't put me down this instant." She cried. She was worried that Du Hai would fall ill if he continued to carry her up the stairs like this.

"Pffffft" Du Hai laughed, as he continued to carry her up the stairs. She weighed close to the weight of one of his arms, he could just imagine the hardships she went through to loose so muuch weight. She wasn't that short either though. She was about 160cm, which was a very cute average height, 

Once they reached the fifth floor he put her down, and when she looked she almost fell over.

The whole floor was on giant room!!!!!!!

Three walls were made of very thick glass and into windows, and only one wall was made of actual bricks. She had no idea I he did it, but it was like a giant fish tank. Glass was very expensive, especially glass like this because, glass was practically sand refined a 100 times, and this thickness and clarity demanded the sand to be refined more than 3000times. 

And not only that but the glass windows were covered with thick white soft fur, that was the same fur used to pad the cushions. This fur would keep the cold away and keep the room cool in the summers because of it's origin. Then there were countless of gauze tapestrize that hung from the ceilings creating a mysterious setting. The ceiling was painted to reflect the whole night sky, and there hung counutless of glowing pearls from the ceiling and there were countless of gold and silver encrusted candle holders holding sented carved candles. 

As she walked through the luxurious gauze tapestries, she discovered her bed was the size of a room, contained countless of embroidered silken pillows of different shades, blankets and sheets, and was made out of "1000 moon queens" would which was a expensive type of herb wood that was good for women. her gigantic dresser was carved out of aquatic coral jade in the shapes of butterflies and dragonflies, and each dresser contained thousands of expensive cosmetics and jewelry that even an favoured imperial concubine would be jealous of. There was a thick red carpet made of brocade that covered the floors and hundreds of silken mats littered the floor. There were many precious lamps on the ground. There was even a jade swimming tub!!! The swimming tub was in a corner where the floors surrounding the tub were laquered marbel tiles. 

There was a reading corner were countless of books lined 5shelves and there was a closet in the wall that contained embroidered dresses of silk, gauze, brocade, and so on. (I am so sorry, if this description bored you or annoyed you, but I really really ike imagining rooms... sounds weird) 

This room of hers was extremely extravagant. I must have cost half of her brother's fortune to prepare all this, yet she had considered it as an option. She felt a light flutter in her heart as she turned to her brother. When her dear brother saw her face, has couldn't help but die. It was absolutely enchanting. 

"I love you dear brother, thankyou for spoiling this littler unthankful, unworthy sister of yours" She said sweetly. Du Hai was content at what she said. 

Although this room cost him a fortune, the little secret was that he recieved more than 10,000gold coins monthly from the crown prince. So it only dented his wallet and nothing more.

"It's nothing, I'm glad darling mei lan is happy, however if you want something, you'll get 1000 gold coins from the treasury, so do not worry. I want you to be happy. I know out childhood wasn't the happiest, but I want you to be happy." he sad gently, he truly wished with all his heart that his sister would be happy in his care. 

She lost her mother at a young age, and kicked out by her evil calculating father that he, Du Hai loathed. She seemed so lonely, sad, and tired all the time, he wanted her to be happy here, with him there to protect her and spoil her.

Mei Lan regretted that she had treated her brother so badly in her last life, if she knew her brother had such a gentle and kind, yet protective and fierce heart, she would have never done the things she did to him....

0