chapter 18.
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Assassins!" Someone screamed (So cliche)

The calm tension shattered as a noble lady fell, blood spurting out from a cruel gash across her back. 

In less then a blink of an eye, everything fell into chaos.......

A few lucky nobles ran off before it turned more chaotic, however those who ran off were all the nobles who supported the second prince, so the assassins practically just let them run away. The second prince was not present, probably because he knew about the assasination attack. 

If Mei Lan thought her actions would cause some change in her father's plan she was right, however it wasn't in any good way. Her father had sent 100assassins. All the assassins have been ordered to kill the crown prince and his supporters, however, the nobles who were on neither side also became scapegoat and were killed together.

 If this senario was the same as her previous life, Cheng jia na would  also fall, and the crown prince would fall into despair, not being able to do anything, therefore almost loosing the title of crown prince. People who support the crown prince would also secretly be murdered or be exiled. Although her brother would only be exiled for 1 year and then be called back to court by the crown prince. Many others like the prime minister and the officials would suffer damage. 

It wasn't that she cared about the crown prince......or his well being........ she just didn't want her brother to be exiled because of the crown prince despairing over a women......... Ah hem.

She quickly gethered her witts and spotted two of the crown prince's people who'd be killed in this  incident. Li Anye and Chang jia na, she wasn't worried about her brother and the others, she knew they were capable of handling even thousands of soldiers, particularly with the crown prince's body gaurd, long. 

However Jia na was a girl who had never faced any hardships or move a muscle. Li anye did know some martial arts but he was a scholar always spending his time with a book in his hand, it was obvious those were the most easiest main targets. Therefore 5 assassins were running toward them. 

Mei Lan quickly grabbed Li anye who was closer to her than jia na, and ran towards her while holding Li Anye over her shoulders. If this was any other senario, people's jaw would've already crashed to the ground and bled. How hilarious is the thought of a beautiful delicate woman running with a young tall man held over her shoulders. 

The reason she was able to do this was because, she did not fail to practice martial arts, combat fighting, and weaponry. However she did become inhumanly strong (inhumanly strong as in, strength of 5 bulky men) after traveling through time, but it was still a mystery. 

With Li Anye bouncing behind her shoulders as she ran, she arrived in front of jia na. Now there were more than 15 assassins in front of her. Although she was inhumanly strong, 15 men by herself was a little overwhelming and more than what the others were facing. This was so not fair. 

There were 15 men covered in black cloth, killing intent pouring off of them in overwhelming amoounts. 

Mei Lan felt a annoying drop of sweat roll down her back from nervouness. She slowly pushed both Jia na and Li anye into a corner behind her so they don't get attacked by others whil she was fighting. 

She looked back at them once before fighting,  "Don't you two move a muscle, if you have any, I know you both are as untalented as a pig when it comes to moving around, I don't want to die."

Then without waiting for a response, she turned back, took out her double knives and charged. First five assassins were killed with ease, she felt like a graceful dancer, dancing through fire and wicked snakes. However with more than 5 men attacking her, recieving a wound was inevitable.

While she was killing her 7th assassin she felt the first big slash, it came out of no where, like a burn, slowly spreading across her body from her back. Poison.

She stumbled, spat some blood out, which earned her the second gash on her arm.

"You no good sons of sows!!" She screamed, as she refocosed and killed her 8th assassin. She would never curse unless someone cheated, and sneak attacks were cheating.  She became angry and the anger fueled her body. She was able to kill off five more men. However that did not mean her body came out unscathed. Her healing speed was a little faster then avergae humans, which was why she was doing pretty good. However it was only a tiny bit better than a normal human being. She had recieved a few more gashes and stabs, it wasn't serious, but if the poison wasn't stopped and the blood wasn't stopped she would die in a few minutes. oooops.

Mei Lan was tempted to transform, but that would mean being found out, and potentially many horifying things happening to her. 

She had slowed down consdierably, but there were only two men, so she was fending both of them, praying that someone would quickly come before she bled out and the assassins killed anye and jia na, whom she sacrificed her life for. 

"Heavens, Du Hai what is taking so long?!" She yelled, hoping that Du Hai would hear her and come. She knew that she was closer to death every minute, and she really did note want to die.

An assassin stabbed her back deeper once more, and she could feel her counsiousness slowly wanting to fly away. But she bit her tongue and kept slashing blindly with all her might, not that biting the tongue helped, because she had already passed the stage where pain was something that would wake her. 

Finally she caught an opening and stabbed an assassin multiple times in the heart, or near whereever his heart was, trying to kill him fast.

"DIE! DIE!DIE!" She yelled as blood splattered  everywhere on her already blood soaked red gown.  

Now there was only one assassin left, but she was sure she would die if she stood up right now.

While she was contemplating what to do next, a black blur knocked the the assasin down and twisted his neck, making a sick sound. 

0