chapter 23.
34 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mei Lan found a small corner hidden from plain sight and huddled into it. Although the air was freezing and there was a good layer of snow on the ground all she felt was a hot burning pain that burned through her body. She sat huddling there for who knows how long until her beast went back to her resting place and the tiny horns on her forhead dissapeared.

Soon she was sitting there, shivering, but still afraid to come out. 

Suddenly she felt a dangerous prescence and turned around in alarm; she drew a set of daggers from her sleeves and tensed.....

Only to find Long sitting on top of the roof with a leg dangling in the air. His face was somewhere between skeptical and understanding and mocking.

She knew that Long hadn't been there long enough to see her horns, but she still felt a slight blush coming up her neck, embarassed that she had been caught. right before she could escape successfully, Long jumped down and blocked her.

"Move if you don't want to die." She said with false bravado, although she was pretty strong she could never take down the blck shadow, even with supernatural powers.

Long grinned as he slowly lifted his arms. Mei Lan tensed at first but then realized he was patting her on the shoulder.

Mei Lan understood that Long had noticed her obsession with the crown prince. Suddenly she felt miserable, even the king's bodygaurd was pitying her which meant that she was worse than a pig for slaughter.

Feeling miserable she just coldly glared at Long.

"It's ok, my Rui Rui is rather delicious." Long laughed, making her miserably and embarrassed than ever.

"Come, let's go take a walk" Long said softly leading her towards the imperial forest. " I promise I won't eat you." Long said after seeing Mei Lan look at him suspiciously. 

Rolling her eyes, she followed the dangerous assassin into the woods.....

0