chapter 29.
35 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as they all piled up in the carriage and the horse started moving, Mei Lan grabbed Rui Wei ear and pulled on it, hard.

"How dare you make me act like his concubine!!" She growled.

Rui Wei smiled as he pushed off Mei Lan's hand.

"I'm really truly sorry, to make up for your loss of pride I have prepared a banquet for just the 6 of us back at my palace, and additional treasures for Mei Lan."

When everyone heard this they began to hoot and laugh, their hard work had payed off, and they had gotten rid of their biggest enemy.

When they got back there were tens of dishes placed on the small table. They all took their seats and the crwon prince ordered a servant to bring something. Then three servants carried a big chest the size of a horse and set it down in front of Mei Lan.

She smiled, very delighted as she asked. "Is this for me?"

"Who else here like worldly stuff like silk and money other than you?" Rui Wei laughed as the others laughed along.

"Well, there should be atleast one person who likes those kind of stuffs, otherwise the poor will take everything when you guys become impoertant." She pouted, but she was already opening the big chest with a key made of ruby that was handed to her by a servant.

"Even the key is so pretty!" She gushed. The key was shapped like a butterfly that had to be injected into the lock. Although Mei Lan had a sane head, she had a small weakness for baubles and rich things. 

The chest opened and as it opened golden light shone from insight. Although everyone were from incredibly prestigious families and were already used to millions of precious items, they were still surprised by the amount.

There were 30 bolts of embroidered dark purple and cyan, queen of night silk, each bolt cost 500gold coins! 20bolts of different colored silver silk which was made from feeding silkworms silver and cost atleast 600gold each! 10 bolts of heavenly dragon and pheonix brocade which was a legendary cloth that only the royal family could offer to wear!!! Other than cloth, there were also hundreds of baubles.

She took out five boxes, in each box there was a hair jewelry set. In the first box there were 8 precious poppy themed head jewelry made of mutton fat jade with decorations made of fireopal. Second box there were 9 tulip themed head accessories made of silver and decorated with different colored diamonds. Third box , there were 6 tiger themed accessories made of amber and onyx. Fouth box, there were 7 lilac themed head sets, made of white gold and embedded with pearls and amythest. Finally the fifth box, was a simple headset made of very hard steel, and had a simple swirly design however had five daggers hidden in it. All of the boxes should've cost a fortune.

Also there were about 50000gold in the chest, 

Was this a award or actually a bride price and a proposal?!!! was the only thing the rest could think of. 

But unfortunatly the usually smart Mei Lan did not notice it and jumped on the crown prince, thanking him over and over again.

Everyone except for Mei Lan could see the crown prince's red ears as he tried to act calm.

Anye and Du Hai glared at the crwon prince. (Now they had another competitor!!!!!)

Long just watched from the side with a bitter smile on his face. (All of his hubbies were stolen by Mei Lan! Now he could only look at Li Cheng)

When Li Cheng saw this he paled.

Thousands of stars outside fell to earth, as if trying to warn the happy group of something.....

0