Chapter one
23 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

("... All you need to know is that, he uses a wooden sword as a weapon and he is 13. He is in a school and a little above average amount of money thanks to the job his parents has because why not... Also his name is... Cross.")

Dark cycle... It is the cycle that happens to us when people in this world gets too stressed or excited, being the former that happens more often than the latter. Dark cycle has effects different from person to person, and I... My dark cycle is a me that is stronger at the cost of it being a bad defender... A dark cycle is when a different you, temporarily takes control of you, of course they still have morals so most of them, really doesn't do much crimes... Of course just because most of them doesn't, doesn't mean it never happens.

"Hmm... Good morning... Me..."

I looked around on my room, noticing it is still the same, I get up from the comfy bed and walked to the door, opening it. After doing that, I showered, I wore my uniform, before leaving my house.

"I sure hope nothing will go wrong."

I muttered as I walked, of course to get to my school. The school just needs 10 minutes of walking meaning I don't need to walk far. While walking, I looked around to see a girl with a uniform that is also used by the school I am in.

"Hey!! You are wearing a uniform!! Do you know where the school called Hiretour is? I gotten lost!"

She said to me while having that face that makes you want to help her. As the school is close plus I don't want to left her here, wandering around.

"Yes Miss. I know where the school is. I also am studying in there."

I said while making it look like I am sure I do know.

"If you don't mind... As it is close, would you like to go together?"

I asked and she nodded as she doesn't know where to go anyway. I shouldn't help a stranger but... I feel like she is important enough that I can have some exception in.

Walking for 10 minutes, we reached the school, Hiretour. The school where they teach you that fighting is important. This world... As it is, has so many monsters... So manpower is important.

"Thanks for bringing me here..."

The girl I walked to here said as she entered and look at the scenery of the school... She looks suprised why it is great yet at the same time, so... Basic. Well... I wouldn't know either but I guess that I am only here for my first day too, thankfully I learned the path way to here by remembering that it is easy to know where it goes.

She left after that and I entered my classroom, F class rank. Of course, I am... Pretty much screwed by not learning but I did this one on purpose, because if I tried to actually go to a higher class rank, I will be in C already. Most average people in this school is at D class, while some talented people are in A class. I entered this school only because I am forced by my parents, and I tried to hide my strength to the point it will be like at the end of a cliff, without falling or being pushed off.

"Hello there students. I am your homeroom teacher, Asan Leff."

Our teacher said while I sat to my seat, just beside the window. The room is slightly, dirty and even you can feel how hot it is right now as it is spring... Wait... That is not how it should be normally?... I took this role, then I stick to my role. I glanced to one of my classmates, and noticed that they are sweating too, only 5 of my classmates isn't sweating, of course I am also not.

"... I guess even you can say that the temperature is hot but... That is what you get for being a weak fighter. If you all get better at fighting and fought some class rank higher than yours, you can take their room and even their better equipments, of course it doesn't change your class rank, once you are designated to a class rank, you can't change that without exceptions."

He explained as to how a basic rule of this school works... I see... There are four grades in this class and since I am on the first grade, it will took 4 years to be on high school or so the world call it.

I raised my left hand and Asan noticed that as he asked me a question.

"What question do want to ask?"

I lowered my hand before saying what I wanted to say.

"The way to get the other class equipments... Isn't that... A war? It is a group battle of all the students on a single class to fight another one. How do we fight them then? You can't expect as to not accidentally kill someone because of this."

The moment I finished, he looked at me like I am a bit different than the usual f class... Tch... Old habit of mine, always wanting to ask questions.

"Of course you don't fight in the real world, you all will fight to a virtual reality that is so realistic that it isn't different to real life. Of course it is always only one place you can fight in there, this School. The school is big enough for fights like this plus even though the class rank is higher than yours when you fight them, all of you will be given the same virtual tuner so it is fair."

When he said that, almost all of the students here are confused except for the special 5 classmates of mine. I see... Even though I can understand all of that quite easily, most of my classmates are dumber than me... No worries, i just need to stick with my role.

Class continued with no worries after that, some students can't understand what the teacher is saying, but they are just... Anyway... The class ended and 1 students approached me, of course they are one of the special 5.

"Hey there smarty guy. I wouldn't think there are People like you here."

A guy with a surprisingly good look said to me like I am a bit weird... *Sigh*... Maybe I shouldn't ask that question earlier. A girl then talk to me. Also one of that special classmates.

"... You... Why do you feel so... Tired?"

I answered pretty much immediately.

"Sorry if I am making you angry."

"? What do you mean?"

She asked as I know I didn't anger her... Hahaha... Sometimes I have to look like I am on a defensive game.

"... No... I am asking, why do you look tired?"

She asked again, this time I answered her for read.

"... Well... I guess it is because the class here are boring. I already understand almost of all them by just looking at a first glance. Second... It doesn't teach about fighting."

I said like I want to fight. Another guy then said something the moment I say fighting. This guy is... Looks like he loves fighting and has a very handsome face, though I don't care about faces much.

"I guess you like fighting. Then why don't we fight on a virtual tune? We can use one on that room."

He said as he pointed to a door where it said "students can use this". I entered it and only noticed only two can use it at the time. A war will have more than 40 people from each class though... I guess it is better than having nothing.

"I don't really want to fight after school ended but... I guess I won't refuse your offer."

I said as I entered a virtual tuner. I assumed he also entered his as the virtual tuner only works if all of the players are using them, of course they have a minimum of one to maximum of 120... Though that is a high amount of number.

The virtual tuner uses your real body to create an almost perfect body in the virtual world. The uniform that I am wearing is still there but on my back, there is a wooden sword that is on a sheathe.

_are you ready to fight?_

"Yes."

I said yes and we are transported to a random part of the school, I unsheathed the sword and jump as I heard a wind piercing attack almost hit me. Falling down, I hold tight of the sword and slashed at my classmate. A wound appeared at him yet it is shallow, making it caused only little damage... 4% damage only... The virtual tuner also allows you to see the enemy hp and once it becomes zero, it is guaranteed that it is your win... Unless someone hacks it.

"You're better than I thought."

He just said as he uses his own sword to slash at me with a strong force.

Did you know, I can make a simple illusion using this poll? You can look at the answers to see it
  • Sure. This answer is what I chosen.
  • Yes. This answer is what I picked.
  • Do it. I just chose this answer.
  • Okay. I pick this answer.
Total voters: 0 · This poll was closed on Nov 7, 2021 04:24 PM.
3