Event Horizon
124 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Without warning, the entire facility shook violently, rattling and shaking as something impacted the surface. The lights flashed on and off and the silhouette of Jace, being hauled into the air by his throat was visible to Scyler above him as 'Mooki' threw him off to the side and ripped herself free of the restraints. The loud rumbling and shaking covered her escape as she tore herself free and made a dash straight out of the chamber, sprinting off down one of the corridors as the team stumbled around from the immense shaking that rippled through the entire place.

When it finally stopped, 'Mooki' was no where to be seen, Jace was picking himself up from the corner of the room and Theo was stunned at what he just saw.

Was that... Mooki?!” He asked, scratching his head in confusion.

Scyler picked himself up and dusted his clothes down. “Yes, it was. Key word being, 'Was'. So... whats all this about a cruiser?”

Theo went over to help up Jace, helping the dragon up, he seemed rather shaken by the event that just happened. “I'm guessing that shaking was the Cruiser coming down on us, but its not good, I don't know how many of those things there are, but I need help at the lobby now, there must be shit tons of em coming. Vell's already up there now, doing what he can.”

Jace shook his head. “Subject A's gone, she escaped with the help of the traitor and corrupted Mooki, and now Mooki's just escaped on us too... I thought she was alright... I trusted her...”

Jace! Not the fucking time! You made a mistake, it happens! Lets just get a hold on the situation before we all end up dying here.” Scyler scowled “Whats the best course of action?”

Jace took a second to figure out what he wanted to do. “Well... I want to see whats going on above... I suggest everyone leaves the labs right now and we lock it down, we'll deal with subject A and Mooki later, they can't do any harm locked in the labs... Cmon Theo, lets see what we're dealing with here. Scyler, go to Chief's office and find out what you can. Keep your comms open, i'll let you know whats going on when I can.” the trio nodded to each-other and began leaving the lower labs, through the maze of metal corridors as dust shook free from the ceiling and the sound of distant battles rang down the main stairs. Jace readied his rifle as they came to the main lobby, seeing Vell standing outside, emptying a whole clip around a corner and quickly pulling back into the building to reload.

Vell! How's it looking out there?”

He inserted the new magazine in with a loud clack and pulled up the holo sights. “Its a fucking warzone Jace... the Cruiser was blocking our communications but we managed to take it down with the Hover Barge cannons we had, unfortunately, it came down on said Hover Barges, so those are lost... and comms are still down, we're isolated here.” As he spoke, a wall of fresh slaves appeared down the street, hundreds of them, screeching and shouting as they rumbled down towards the building. Vell immediately opened fire through the main doors, bullets ripping into the wall of bodies as they approached, tearing through bone, flesh and skin alike, cutting down considerable numbers of them, but yet more replaced those lost as they approached the doors quickly.

Jace and Theo sprang to action, Jace drawing his rifle out and Theo bringing two Vulcan SMG's to bear, both men joining in with Vell to cut through the hoard that stampeded towards them,

Holy fucking shit! How many are there?!” Jace yelled, as more and more appeared from every corner of the street, surrounding the building, trying to find any entrance they could as the wall of vulcan rounds pinning the front down was too powerful for them to get through.

This is nothing Jace, you should have seen them pouring out from the cruiser...”

Scyler! Chief's office! And open the armoury too! We're gonna need more bullets! Arm your team! Every gun is going to count!”

As he spoke, the door to Scyler's own office was kicked open by a slave, who promptly dashed towards Scyler himself, but got a round straight through the eye ball for his efforts, sending brain matter, blood and bone showering over Scyler's office door.

Watch your sides, they're supported by Nodes meaning they're a bit smarter and faster, they may use weapons too. I think that one got in through my air vent...” As he spoke, he ran up the stairs and began making his way towards Chiefs office, thankfully the top of the building was cleared out unlike the previous day and it was a relatively uneventful journey to Chief's office. As he got further and further up the building, the extent of this attack became easier to see as his view increased of the surrounding area. The Cruiser was easily as large as the entire town itself, fires and fights were breaking out all over the place and thick towers of black smoke were emanating from all over the town. Chief's office had been locked this whole time and refused to open, prompting Scyler to shoot it open with his handgun. Chief was no where to be seen and his office was mainly, if not totally devoid of anything useful.

Bah, fucker! He cleared out Jace!” He called down the comms and took a look out of chiefs window to see how the street was looking. A couple of squads of fellow DA soldiers were trying to fight through the hoards of slaves, but people were getting locked down and corrupted left right and center.

Back in the lobby, the science team were still no where to be seen and Jace was getting worried, the slaves making it into the lobby now and having to be gunned down at much closer ranges, Jace knew they needed more support here. The slaves were pulling their own dead out the way of the doors and preparing to charge in again, giving Jace time to send relay signals to the nearby squads, trying to get them to rally at the HQ.

A number of footsteps could be heard approaching from behind, from the labs, with one person amongst them standing out like a sore thumb. A large, purple, corrupted Czarite in the middle of the group, looking concerned as everyone told her to keep moving. Jace was livid as he saw her in the group.

You fucking brought a corrupted czarite up!? What the hell are you all thinking?! Scyler told you to lock down the labs! Not help them out!” Jace yelled, pointing his rifle straight at Seeth, who remained still, looking nervous.

We couldn't leave her behind Jace... she's been good to us...”

Yeah, not subject B Jace, we can't leave her in her cell... we need to get her out of here!”

As the random voices of the science team called out, the loud smash was heard as the slaves pounded down the front plasma glass wall and charges into the lobby, prompting a panic from everyone as they suddenly found themselves far closer to the corrupted hoard then they'd hoped, but the hoard seemed to stop and become extremely passive just before coming into range. Seeth walked forward and pointed out the door, making the hoard retreat and leave the lobby.

I can control them if they're close to me. The others orders will override my own at some point, but I can buy us time... I'm not like that anymore Jace... you just have to trust me!” Seeth called out, using her height to look over the top of the hoard. “We need to get out of here... the others will be on their way... I won't be able to control the slaves if theres another controller around.”

Scyler came barrelling down the stairs with a couple of bags full of guns and throwing them down into the lobby's middle. The place was an absolute tip already, glass, blood, bone and empty shell casings littered the marble flooring as the wall of slaves standing passively outside the door did not inspire anyone with confidence, he glanced up at Seeth, seeing her look back, a slight scowl across her face when she did.

So... you released subject B then?” He asked. “Can't say I agree with the action, but she could still be useful. Everyone grab a gun, we're leaving through the back. This place is compromised.”

Oh, I wonder what fuckin' gave that away Scyler?” Theo laughed, sticking fresh ammo into his dual submachine guns. “We get out the back door, then what?”

Then we go to the secondary docks, grab a heavy fighter and get the fuck out of here. We save as many people as we can on the way and hope we succeed.” As he spoke, he grabbed a shotgun and threw it to Seeth. “We need you armed as well. Every gun counts. Hope you don't mind killing your own kind.”

No problem.” She replied, clacking in several shells into the firearm as she spoke. “It would be my pleasure.”

As the event unfolded in the main town, the happy couple curled up in bed had no idea what was happening. Karen's sound shielding had prevented them hearing anything and they mainly slept the day away together in Karen's room. The girl happy to finally receive some attention. Yet soon enough, the situation reached her estate in a way they didn't expect....

Karen planted a kiss on the males cheek and stood from the bed. “I'll grab us some lunch hun...” she winked, pulling herself from the covers and slowly making her way down towards the kitchen. The lizard rolled over in the sheets and stretched his back out, sighing and ruffling his hair as he wondered how to continue this... Karen seemed more than happy enough to just cuddle for the mean time, admittedly, he preferred this to any more boring jobs around the house. The time was 3pm, meaning the two had slept the morning away together and spent the early afternoon doing nothing, just napping and cuddling together. Yet before Diego could get any deeper into his thoughts, Karen screamed and dropped a plate in the kitchen, it shattering loudly on impact.

Diego immediately slipped on a pair of pants and ran downstairs, his protective instincts kicking in, upon witnessing what made Karen scream, he immediately understood why she didn't shout for help...

Farelyn, with Darin and Katie plus a number of other party guests from the night previous were up against the back door, all looking rather strange... their skin discoloured and monotone... eyes glazed over purple and all drooling as they pressed themselves up against the backdoor, trying to gain access to Karen's kitchen...

D-diego... what the fuck is going on?! Whats happened to Farelyn!? And Darin and his sister?!”

Diego recognised the affliction instantly, they'd all been corrupted... he guessed from the state of them it had happened extremely recently, no more than a few hours ago... but it wasn't them he was concerned about, whilst Karen was extremely worried about the group of people attempting to get in through her back door, Diego spotted what looked like a black tentacle going inside the garage of the house, whatever it belonged it he didn't manage to spot, but it couldn't be good...

Karen... they've been corrupted... get upstairs! Now! Go!” He grabbed her hand and dragged her from the kitchen as she began to cry, reaching her hand out to Farelyn.

M-m-my friends...?! Farelyn?! How could this happen!?” She began to sob, realising what that meant...

I don't know Karen! I'll find out! But we need to hide first! They'll give up if they can't find us in a few minutes!” As he spoke, the sound of glass shattering rang through the house and it sounded like several people just stumbled into the kitchen. The duo ran upstairs as quietly as they could and hid Karen's room behind the bed, deciding what to do best.

Karen... I need you to remove my collar...”

W-what? Why?! You'll just run away if I do that!”

I can't fight with this collar on Karen, it prevents me using my psyonics... and I think i'm going to need them....”

I can't do that Diego! You'll just leave me! I know you will!”

Karen please! You'll die here if you don't! I need my psyonics!”

You'll just leave me because you still love her don't you?! You'll never stop trying to leave as long as she exists!” Karen was raising her voice as she began to work herself into hysterics, seeing one of her oldest friends suddenly corrupted had not been easy on her... “I can't do it Diego! I need you here!”

Karen! You have to do this! I won't be able to fight off that many people without my psyonics!”

She screamed and grabbed the control to the collar, suddenly zapping Diego with a jolt of electricity. “No! I won't let you hurt Farelyn! You're my slave! You'll do as I say!” She screeched between the tears running down her face. Clearly Karen wasn't the best at handling situations like this.

Karen! Stop! You'll attract them in here!” He roared in pain as she electrocuted him again, more this time, bringing him to his knees. “I can't protect you if you fucking shock me!” He cried out, the sound of footsteps could be heard all over the house and the door to the bedroom opened slightly as someone watched them through the crack in the door.

No! I can't! I won't! WHOS THERE?!” she screamed, seeing the door open. The vacant expression of Farelyn appeared as she popped her head in, mouth open and drooling as she slowly entered the room. Yet all Karen did was panic press the electrification controls more, pulling forth another agonized roar from Diego as he collapsed in a heap on the floor, writhing around in pain. Yet Farelyn didn't enter, instead a few more heads appeared around the side of the door, staring in creepily, the two horses, a stag and another dragoness. All of their eyes glazed over purple, skin dark and expression devoid of emotion.

A loud thumping was heard, coming up the stairs and the group remained still at the door, staring in at Diego and Karen, as Karen returned her own look at them, terror written across her face as she stared at the group with utter fear paralysing her now.

Karen...” Diego coughed, clawing his way up the side of the bed. “Please... stop shocking me...” he begged, but she didn't reply. The loud banging got louder and louder as it approached the door. A black silhouette clouded the doors frame as whatever it was drew closer. The small group of slaves quickly marched into the room, huddling in the corner away from the door and the monstrous frame of a corrupted czarite became visible. Standing over 9ft tall, she towered over everything and everyone, entering through the door as her back tentacles rubbed over the walls, leaving massive black marks over everything they touched. She was deep black in colour, with golden white eyes. Massive fangs laid behind her ebony glossy lips and her muscular frame, covered in blackened carapace that led Karen's eyes down to the massive manhood she had, easily the size of Karen's leg, if not bigger.

Found you...” She laughed, licking her lips and stepping forward, tentacles smothering the walls behind her as she walked forward.

Diego... DIEGO?! DO SOMETHING?! She screamed, fumbling on the remote to release the collar desperately, prompting a laugh from the monstrous figure. Yet all Diego could do was roll around on the bed in pain, his body still recoiling from the shock Karen delivered just seconds ago, even as the collar opened as released from his neck for the first time in months. Karen dropped the remote and recoiled in fear, backing up against the wall as the corrupted czarite approached. Just as she came into range though, the beast turned, laughing at Karen as she whimpered, and instead walked towards Diego, who was trying to recover from the electrocution. Her tentacles quickly wrapped around his limbs and pulled them to reveal his body.

So this... is the one? Mhmm... I see why they like him...” She spoke with an evil grin constantly plastered over her face. “Leech will be pleased... Perhaps I can have some fun with him before that though...” she pondered, but then remembered about Karen, cowering behind her. “Hmm... not a good idea I think... Leech would hate that... But you... little dragon... You'd make a good node, wouldn't you?” She turned, dropping the lizard from her grip as he fell to the floor with a loud thump. The thick tentacles wrapped around Karen's torso and legs, pulling them open and exposing her womanhood. She threw the golden dragoness who was crying in fear into the bed and placed her absolutely massive cock into the girls torso, laughing as it was pretty much the same size as her. “Ohhhh this is going to be fun.” She laughed, holding Karen down by her throat and rearing her hips back.

Before she could go any further though, Diego stood from the floor and whacked the monster across the face with the bedside table he picked up, merely eliciting an angry gaze from her instead of shaking her off poor Karen...

Well... that didn't go as planned!” He shrugged, watching her eyes light up with fury, causing the behemoth to surge towards him, seizing him by the throat and slamming him into the wall. She pushed herself up against him and bit the end of his nose, drawing blood from his skin as her front teeth just sunk into his flesh slightly. Her tentacles wrapped around his limbs again, pulling them out to the sides so he couldn't fight back and she pressed her massive cock against his balls through his clothing.

I was going to save you for Leech and Moltezz... but after you had the balls to hit me... I think i'm gonna fuck you right here...” She growled. “Lets hope you've still got some stretchiness to you... or there'll be nothing left of you when i'm done fucking your ass... I'm Ink by the way, and you'll now be referred to as my bitch from now on Diego.” She hissed slightly as she spoke, pressing her cock even harder against his. A pair of tentacles ripped off his clothing and she pulled his legs up, readying her cock against his rear...

But again, before she could do anything, she heard a small click around her neck and glanced down to see a collar fixed around her. She frowned briefly before howling in pain as thousands of volts discharged into her, shaking her grip free of Diego and dropping him to the floor again, as a terrified Karen clutched onto the collar controls, holding the button down as Ink convulsed and roared in angry, falling to the floor with a mighty thump, but her weight was far too much for the building and she slamming directly through the floor as she collapsed, bringing down a huge section of the bedroom into the living room below, along with the passive slaves who were huddled in the corner away from Ink.

Diego scrambled away from the collapsing floor work as splintering wood and creaking pipes broke under him, grabbing the clothing back and slipping it back on. He pulled Karen off the bed and onto the balcony of her room as she clutched onto the remote for dear life.

That... that was good Karen... thank you... we need to get the hell out of here now!”

What-what about Farelyn?”

She's dead, she's been corrupted, the Farelyn you knew is gone now! I know, I know... its horrible... but we can't stop to mourn her yet, we need to survive this before we can do that... please trust me Karen... i'm not going to abandon you but you need to trust me!” Diego begged, holding onto Karen's hands and staring right into her eyes. She took a few seconds, but inhaled deeply and nodded. She quickly ran into her room again, grabbing a necklace from the floor and returning to Diego.

It was my mothers... I can't leave it behind...” She sobbed, holding the necklace close to her.

Get dressed in what you can, something practical, it buys you a bit of extra time... and keep holding down that button as well, lets keep “Ink” busy shall we?” He nodded, hopping off the balcony and landing below, seeing Ink's huge form through the front window. Karen quickly put on some shorts and a top before looking over the balcony and holding the remotes button down, making Ink howl again in pain as she stood from the mess in the front room.

Jump down Karen, i'll catch you!” He yelled up to her, and she did just that, hopping over the railings and landing straight into Diego's waiting arms. The two began running towards the estates gate entrance, Ink roaring in pain the whole time as they continued to pour every amp and volt the collar had into her. But alas, the massive creature decided she'd had enough, grabbing either side of the collar with her hands and ripping it apart from her neck in one mighty pull, she huffed and stretched her back out, eyes fixing onto the pair who were down at the estates gates.

Her charge began instantly, slamming through the front of the house, exploding the glass windows outwards as she did so. Ink's massive frame hurtled down the garden straight towards Diego, prompting a scream from Karen but Diego's response was much more use as he swung as arm around and projected a ball of concussive force at Ink's face. The projectile exploded but only stunned the beast as she continued to sprint forward. Yet Diego wasn't finished, with Ink now stunned, he rolled to the side and blasted another concussive shot at her leg, knocking it out from under her, causing her to trip and hurtle toward, straight into the metal gates and slamming through them, becoming entangled in the black metal work as they ripped off the hinges from the sheer force. The pair quickly nipped out through the gate and began sprinting down towards the town, in hope of finding help. But Ink still wasn't done. She roared out again, standing from the crumpled metal heap and tore the gates from her body, bending the metal off her and tossing it aside. The slaves from inside the house had now made it down to where Ink was and she decided to display her strength again. Grabbing them and raising them above her head...

As Diego and Karen ran down the street, they heard a wailing above them... As Ink had literally hurled corrupted Darin into the sky and he landed down with a painful crunch in front of the duo, stopping them in their tracks in pure shock. His body crumpled on impact as his thin frame broke and shattered from the force, rolling multiple times, rubbing dirt and gravel into his skin and fur. Ink threw another slave, Farelyn this time, the dragoness soaring through the sky and slamming right into the back of Karen, knocking her down with a meaty thump. Farelyn was badly wounded from the fall, her arm broke on impact as she slammed into Karens back and the two collapsed straight onto the floor instantly. Upon seeing Karen fall, Ink immediately charged down the street to catch up with the two, as Diego worked to untangled Karen from her corrupted friend, only to find that the impact had broken both of Karen's legs... making the poor dragoness cry out in pain as corrupted Farelyn tried to hold her down. Ink made her way to Diego in seconds and speared him right in the chest, slamming the lizard right off his feet and onto the floor, near where Darin had impacted and promptly died on the spot...

Diego tried to flip her off but she was too big and strong to do so. Instead, he whacked her straight in her set of balls as hard as he could, but she only laughed in his face, her tongue shot out her maw and wrapped around his neck as her tentacles began to restrain his limbs again. She was enraged with pain but yet that evil hideous grin never left her face as she pulled his rear up again.

WILL YOU JUST FUCK OFF!?” He roared, his aura of power blasting out around him, warping his voice and skin colour as he channelled his zion strength and kicked her off. She rolled off to the side and quickly stood, preparing to fight him properly. Diego rose to his feet and swung a punch right at her, she jumped back and avoided it throwing her own back and slamming him across the jaw, knocking him back. His response was a swift uppercut to her face, slamming her jaws together painfully and completely flipping her over, landing with another painful thump on her back, but this time, she seemed to be out...

He ran over to Karen, who was sobbing in utter pain as her legs were completely broken from her impact with Farelyn and trying to get the same girl off her. He pulled her free of Farelyns weak grip and hauled the poor girl into his shoulders, running off down the street once more as Karen cried in agony and held into the lizards shoulders the best she could. Diego's power aura faded again, returning him to normal and he continued to run towards the town, to the market where he'd spent the last few months buying Karen's fresh fruit and veg. The sight that laid before him was not one he was pleased to see... the corpses of many fallen slaves littered the market, as well as some DA soldiers too... the odd remaining slave, isolated from the commands of a node or controller, shambled meaninglessly through the remains of the market, looking for people to corrupt... The entire area was under attack and it looked like the Rewritten were winning...

Vell, Seeth and Theo lead the front of the group as they charged out the back of the XITD's HQ and into the main square of the town, where by there were a few other squads of DA soldiers holed up in damaged buildings, raining Vulcan hell down on groups of slaves and trading fire with nodes. The group decided to navigate through the alleys first until they got closer to the secondary dock. Corrupted people were literally bursting from every building that didn't have DA soldiers in, with the odd wale of a captured mark or a corruption in progress breaking up the moaning and groaning of the slave hoards, throwing themselves at people in the hope of bringing them down. Vells rifle roared as it unleashed a flurry of rounds down the alley, tearing up the few slaves who were crowded around someone.

How far Scyler?”

Down here, then through the mall.” Scyler replied, keeping an eye on Seeth who was moving ahead of the group, subduing and stopping slaves from attacking them so she could blast them apart. They came to stop midway down the alley as Seeth backed off from something.

Nodes... and a controller.... shit...” She pulled back again, taking cover behind a dumpster. Chief walked out and blocked the alley, looking down at the squad.

Holy shit! You guys are ok?! Christ, you seen it out here?! Its mental! Fuckin' horny bastards everywhere!” He laughed, pulling out his revolver and pointing it towards Seeth. “You guys really need to kill her off though... shes dangerous! She was the one who corrupted Mooki!”

Ok Chief, you can drop the act now... I know it was you this whole time.” Scyler shook his head, pointing his pistol straight at Chief who immediately turned his revolver at Scyler.

Whatever do you mean Scyler?!”

You are the traitor. You're an infiltrator node.”

Bwhahah! As if! I'm the head of fuckin' security Scyler! Get your facts straight!”

My facts are straight Chief. You raped Anna and started the whole incident off on the upper floors. You disabled the alarm systems from your console as you did so, so we wouldn't find out until you'd finished and planned everything. You and Anna then managed to subdue the entire logistics team and corrupt them all as we were setting up subject B's trial run.” Scyler took a deep breath, preparing to continue his speech. “I knew it was you from the very beginning. First off, you knew it was Anna at the console before you even saw her face, don't give me that shit about knowing her bum, she was wearing a lab coat. You knew it was here because you set it up. Next, you said you came down from your elevator, but you arrived from the front blast door. Because you didn't come down from your office, did you? You came down from the lobby and tried to cover yourself. And then just today, you sealed Mooki in the containment chamber and opened Plasia's cell. You were the only one other than Mooki who wasn't at that meeting I ordered. Doing your 'personal investigation' as you said. Also, you made Anna send the co-ordinates of this town off to the Rewritten didn't you? And you tried to cover yourself by killing her and blowing the console up...”

Oh how very very fucking smart of you Scyler.” He sighed, a purple glimmer visible in his eye as he did so, a number of armed slaves appearing at his side and pointing their weapons down the alley at the group. “You got it right, it was me all this time. Well fucking done. But you figured it out a little too late didn't you? As per usual.” As he spoke, the armoured and hulking form of Leech appeared by him, holding massive Ion assault cannon. She seemed to be glad in Chosen style armour too. “And now, you've brought everyone to their deaths...”

He's done well hasn't he Seeth?” Leech called out. “I know your there, show your face!” She yelled, readying her rifle. Seeth remained behind the dumpster and signalled for Vell and Theo to get ready.

If fucking Scyler figured out what he was up to, I don't think he did do that well to be honest...” she replied, slamming her fists against the dumpster, smashing it down the alley and directly into the group, Vell and Theo shortly opened fire, mulching the forward slaves and damaging Leech's weapon. The dumpster itself slammed directly into Chief, knocking him off his feet. Seeth lead the charge and threw herself at Leech, knocking them both to the ground, but this time, Seeth was the faster of the two up.

The purple Czarite grabbed the dumpster again and raised it into the air, slamming it down on Leechs armoured head but it didn't seem to effect her very much as she raised her fist into the air, stopping the metal bin instantly and standing up without much injury.

Chosen plating Seeth, its good stuff.” She chuckled, before raising her weapon at Seeth. But the girl wasn't ready to quit yet and she thumped the gun out of Leechs hands. Jace was the first out of the alley and ran over to Chief, who was currently sprawled on the floor, reaching for his revolver. Jace stamped on his wrist and pointed his rifle at Chief, who hissed back, snarling at Jace.

Its true isn't it!? You killed Anna! You killed Mooki! You destroyed the logistics team! You did everything!”

Goody fuckin' two-shoes Jace! So caring! So good hearted! I'm gonna find that lovely little czarite girl of yours and fuck her arse out until she's one of us!” He laughed, loving the anger that was curling over Jace's lips.

You leave her out of this...” He snarled back, readying his finger on the trigger.

You can't protect her Jace! Just like you failed to protect Anna and Mooki! Poor little Mooki! How she cried when Plasia raped her! You should have seen it Jace! It was beautiful! She tried to fight back and ended up breaking her poor pathetic wrist! She was as weak and pathetic in death as she was in life! Now look at her, she's so much stronger now, so much better! I'm sure she'll do the honours of fucking your girls ass after this, whether you make it or not!” He laughed, trying to pull his arm free of Jace's foot.

This one's for fuckin' Mooki you piece of shit!” Theo roared, bringing his heavy metal leg down on Chief's chest and aiming his Vulcan SMG's at his face. Nodding at Jace, the two unloaded half a clip each into Chief's face, his head being ripped down to nothing by the flurry of rounds that tore through him. Theo kicked the corpse of Chief over before quickly turning around to engage Leech, but seeing a massive wall of slaves approach from every direction. A slave leapt at his face and he quickly jumped back and brought that metal leg down on it, smashing through its skull in one swift motion.

The guns of the lab team, who were still in the alley came to their aid, cutting down swaths of incoming slaves. Seeth and Leech continued to wrestle, but again, Leech was winning, her size, strength and new armour was making it much easier for her to overpower Seeth and indeed she did. Bashing the girl over the head with her fist and dragging her away, into a ruined shop as the squad fended the hoard of slaves off for their own safety. She pulled Seeth by her hair over the damaged wall and into empty building, laying her against a wall, taking off her own helm and pointing the cannon directly into Seeths face.

WHY DID YOU DO IT SEETH?!” She screamed, furious as she held the barrel to Seeths head. “YOU LEFT ME AFTER EVERYTHING WE'D BEEN THROUGH TOGETHER! AND FOR WHAT?!” She pressed the gun hard against Seeths head, pushing her against the wall she was propped up against. But Leech lost her nerve and lowered the gun, punching over a shelf in anger and waiting for a few seconds to regain a bit of self control. “After everything Seeth, you were my best friend... and you just left me...”

You tried to kill me Leech! You were going to!”

I know... I know... I was so angry at you... I couldn't believe you were just going to leave me like that...”

I fell in love Leech... he made me happy... I was never actually happy when we were doing those things to people. The reason why I never smiled was because I was never happy... I only did it for you...” Seeth sighed, watching Leech pace around the shop. “He made me feel complete again... I knew I'd regret it for the rest of my life if I didn't go with him...”

But we'd been through so much together! Didn't you think about me?”

I did... but then I remembered how little you'd given back to me Leech. Everything i'd done, it had been for you, for 'our cause', but everything you'd done? Had been for yourself... So I figured why the hell not? Why should I stay and be unhappy for you when you wouldn't do the same for me.”

Leech paused and looked down at Seeth, turning to face her properly. “You... really didn't like corrupting people...?”

No. It made me feel horrible and evil... the temporary pleasure provided by doing it only briefly covered the guilt of the act in the first place... but I didn't know what else to do. You acted like we were made for it, like it was what we were supposed to do... build an empire based on destroying others and forcing them to do our bidding...”

And then he came along didn't he?”

Yep...”

I see... and he made you feel happy again, didn't he?”

Yes... a new way of living, where I didn't have to kill people in order to find pleasure... Only... I haven't seen him in months now... I don't even know if he's alive... we were ambushed by the white fucking lizard out there called Scyler. He convinced Plasia to betray us and she did...

Wait, where did you find Plasia? She escaped from us when we were attacked by the DA.”

She was on some random planet, half starved to death with a distress beacon... I think Scyler planned that as well.”

So you haven't been with your love in months...?”

No, i've been trying to get out of the cell i've been stuck in... I decided to be nice to the DA and see if I could earn their favour. Last I heard, Diego was sold into slavery.”

Sold into slavery?! Seriously? He's been living with some filthy rich tart on an estate for the last few months according to our intel.”

Karen kept yelping and crying in pain as Diego carried her quickly into an open house, doing a quick check to make sure it was safe and finding no one in there. He placed her down on a chair and examined her legs, finding them completely smashed and broken, her walking was simply not going to happen. He had a quick look through the houses bathroom and found some spare painkillers to give her, as well as a glass of water.

He crouched down in front of her, holding out the pills and water. “Here, drink these, if you really want me to, I can knock you out to stop the pain until we hopefully find a medical bay to get your legs fixed...”

She shook her head, grabbing onto his arms tightly as she winced through the tremendous pain. “N-no... no... I want to stay awake... w-where are we going? Do you have any idea where to go?” Her voice wobbled and she quivered all over, it wasn't surprising considering what she'd just been through... Karen was not a soldier...

Plan 1, we find the DA's resistance and go there, see what they're doing. Plan 2, if all the DA have fallen, we head straight to the dock and i'll fly us out of here.” He hugged her gently, stroking her hair softly as she gripped onto him, sniffling and weeping. “We need to continue moving... Sorry hun, its going to hurt again...”

She nodded and grabbed his hands tightly, wincing as he pulled her up onto his shoulders again. He quickly made his way through the streets, dodging the slow zombie like slaves and searching for any DA squads who might be still alive, yet his searching found little in the way of help. In-fact he only found more and more trouble, as more slaves began following him through this wrecked part of town, becoming a living wall behind him, forcing him forwards at all times as they stumbled towards him and Karen. Yet as he made his way through the streets, he attracted the attention of someone more than a slave, a dark figure standing on top of one of the buildings, who flapped her wings and landed down in front of the pair, in the middle of the street. Her bust was large in size, a hefty 9 inch wang hung between her legs as she strode forward, energy whip in hand. Easily 7ft tall, with long black locks and a mixture of cyan and purple eyes, she grinned evilly as she approached Diego and Karen.

So... This is the one... that every Controller wants so very badly... oh boy, i'm gonna get rewarded for this one...” As she spoke, another figure made herself known... this time, a familiar one... Plasia. She burst from a side alley and stumbled onto the street, next to the unknown figure.

Ohhhhohohohohhhhh you found him you found him you found him! Good job Mooks! Ink is going to be very pleased! Yes she is! Mhmm!” Plasia nodded rapidly and stepped forward towards Diego who was preparing to take action himself. “n-n-n-now then! We must be careful Mooks, he's a dangerous one! Awwwww Diego! What happened to your girlfriends legs?!” Plasia called out, seeming sympathetic before suddenly bursting out laughing. “She crumpled like a cracker! AhHAHAH!”

It dawned on Diego that the wall of slaves was still approaching his rear and fighting these two wasn't an option with Karen so badly wounded... so instead, he fled, holding tightly onto Karen, he charged down the alley that Plasia emerged from, hearing the insane alien cackle behind him vicious as the two began chasing. Mook was close behind, kicking off the walls and flapping her wings to close the distance, lashing the whip back and forth to try and catch Diego's legs, but he kept running, bellowing out his psyonic warcry to increase his speed and strengthen his skin as he blasted out from the alley and took a sharp left turn, pounding down the pathway and running up a dumpster to hop over a fence in one swift movement. Plasia herself was leaping down the alley in huge strides, slamming into things and laughing hysterically as she made a mess of everything. Mook was far closer to catching the two as they sprinting down the street, into the main plaza.

Diego turned, skidding on his heels and threw an energy bolo from his hand, the two small yellow balls, attached to each-other, whizzing through the air directly towards Mook, who swiftly dropped to the floor, rolling under them and continued her chase, but the bolo instead slammed right into Plasia's face who had just emerged from the alley and knocked her clean off her feet, slamming into the concrete floor and wriggling around as she tried to regain her balance.

Mook used the opportunity to belt her whip out and caught Diego's legs, whipping them out from under him and slamming him straight into the ground, Karen flew off his shoulders and skidded off in front of his across the floor, flopping painfully on her side as she ground to a stop, Diego suffering a similar fate. The two of them skidded out onto a crossroads, linking to a street where by a single squad was battling half an army... and just nearby, two corrupted czarites were having a heart to heart talk about their differences... The entire battle in the street stopped as the golden dragoness skidded into the middle of the street and the black komodo tumbled after her, kicking the whip off his legs and running over to Karen, to see if she was alright, aside from being a bit more cut up and bruised, she was still alive, much to his relief.

Mook soared into the air and attempted to kick Diego off his feet, but found herself being dragged down and locked in melee combat instead. As pretty much everyone in the street watched the two throw punches at each-other and wrestle with one-another desperately. Diego found himself with the upper hand however, as she failed to strike him properly and he kicked her leg away from under her and downed her to the floor with a single elbow to the stomach. As he stood for a second to recover his breath, a familiar voice called out to him from a ruined shop just a few meters away. The male stumbled away from the fight, panting heavily.

Diego...? Is that you?” Seeth called out, Leech standing next to her, watching with amusement.

Seeth?!” His ears perked up open hearing her voice and he turned to face her, his eyes locking with hers as they saw each-other for the first time in months. But before he could leap into her arms, the sore and severely hurt voice of Karen's called out to him weakly.

D-d-diego... don't leave me here... please...” She begged, stretching an arm out weakly towards him from her crumpled spot on the floor. Caught between running to Seeth and looking after Karen, Diego stood still for a few seconds, unsure of what to do. Seeth herself climbed out of the window and edged towards the male. “Diego... please... you promised me...”

2