The Fall
142 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The limping dragon gritted his teeth as the snapped mop handle dug deeper into his wound, his weight pushing it further into his flesh as he leaned on it briefly. Theo had improvised and made a replacement lower leg as his bionic one had been torn off. The wooden stick clacked against the metallic floor of the space station as the male hurried away from his pursuers. The screeching rumble of the hordes pounding footsteps were closing in on every angle the male tried to escape down. The maze of blood splattered and heavily worn corridors were confusing and endless, leading to room after room, each one plastered with the remains of unlucky pirates or slaves, caught in the Jewelled Fangs various traps. Theo steadied himself and kept moving on, the occasional slave in his way receiving a bullet to the head from a stolen pistol he looted from a corpse. He couldn't help but think this wasn't a high point of his life. The slaves were too stupid to follow him properly unless he made a lot of noise, they simply wouldn't think to follow his blood trail, but Nodes or even Vhaylen herself could easily track him down. As a result, he knew he needed to keep moving and in unexpected directions.

Vell wasn't fairing well either. Stripped of his weapons, he kept moving but a group of Nodes were boxing him in, moving to intercept his panicked movements. Everywhere Vell looked, he could hear screaming, screeching... the horrendous décor of the ruined station turning the scene even more nightmarish. He could hear the Nodes talking to each-other as they surrounded him, more worryingly, a Controller was moving on his position, a big one. Thunderous footsteps shook the floor near him and he caught a glimpse of a dark green body moving through a door behind him, the figure having to duck under the blast frame due to her massive size. Vell wasn't waiting around to see who it was, he sprinted straight ahead of him, charging through an opening into a larger room, at the other end, a damaged personal blast door presented an opportunity to gain some distance and he ran for it, looking to squeeze through a gap in the shredded metal. He fumbled and forced himself through, hearing the footsteps pick up behind him. The door had lead to an outer corridor, lining the exterior of the space station, glass walls on one side, metal on the other, it was an observation and maintenance connector tube. As he made his way down the corridor and began to turn right to continue moving, a metallic groan rippled down the hallway as he controller tore the metal open. For a second, Vell's gaze met eye to eye with the beast.

Cold rose eyes stared at him with a hunger and the massive controller began pounding down the corridor, half running on all limbs as the corridor was too small for her, the beasts heavily muscular body giving her tremendous presence and power, her shoulders and head armoured well with charcoal carapace plating. Vell's heart pounded against his ribs as he sprinted with every ounce of strength he had, the sheer sound and strength of the beast coming behind him bringing out a surprising amount of speed from the male, but she was closing in and he knew it, her footsteps getting louder every second, he was nearing a sharp corner in the corridor, one which was over looking another section of the station directly in front of it, an observation deck, heavy with glass and lighting equipment. As Vell went to turn the corner, he felt something touch his back.

He glanced back to see the Controller right behind him, but rather than grabbing him, she was pushing him. The massive alien shunted him straight forward, through the glass in front of him, ramming the poor guy through it was tremendous force, shattering the glass. Vell's training kicked in and he held his breath as soon as he felt the suction of a vacuum upon him, for a couple of seconds he thought the she'd just outright killed him, but he saw the glass perimeter of the observation deck fast approaching. The males body ploughed straight through and he slammed into the floor, skidding into the middle of the room painfully with a loud smash as the glass exploded inwards with him. Massive shards of glass slashed up his skin as he slowly came to a stop in the middle of the room, the stations auto shields whirred into existence and protected the air of the room from being sucked out into the nothingness surrounding the station. The male's vision was blurred on one side and gone on the other, as his shredded face was bleeding heavily. He pushed himself up a little and heard a mighty slam behind him, as the Controller following him bashed at the blast door to the deck furiously. He climbed to his feet, feeling hot all over as pain rushed through him and blood dribbled from wounds deep. He could barely make sense of the room around him, his head was spinning from the impact, he guessed that he had concussion at least. He stumbled around but didn't seem to make any progress at all. The sound of the blast door being ripped open was distant and muffled, all he could think to do was collapse, his body felt so tired and damaged... he just wanted it all to stop.

Before he could think anymore, a bright blue light popped on in front of him, just above his head, he barely see anything else but he focused on the light. The light began to move slowly away from him, he couldn't see where, his vision was far too unfocused to see that far ahead, but his head only said one thing. Follow the light.

A wave of hard hitting and confusing emotions hit the group as they saw their situation and more predominately, people they despised. Diego's eyes fixed on the group coming from the docking bay, his eyes darting between Scyler and Karen. Although he had a thousand questions as to why Karen was here, his burning desire to see Scyler's throat removed from its fleshy sleeve was taking over him already. Before his temper could get too out of hand, a large purple hand gently squeezed his neck, a reminder that Scyler's lies actually didn't mean anything in the end. Seeth was focused on the Controllers who were ordering slaves to pound relentlessly at the glass walls, trying to hammer them down and smash them to pieces. Seeth knew those girls would be nothing but trouble as soon as they turned up, but Diego couldn't let them die, that was something she'd come to terms with, but why the Trio had betrayed them was something Seeth couldn't settle herself over. She'd been trying to reform them, like she'd tried with Plasia but the past repeated itself again.

Wex was feeling somewhat overwhelmed as more and more slaves appeared, hammering their limbs at the glass surround. Meanwhile, the DA group had reached the outer blast door, the large red armoured figure knew how to hot wire the door controls and was getting them in. With the command center lost, there was no way to seal any door, they would be getting into the room in just a couple of minutes.

Despite only losing her best friend a few minutes ago, Rai seemed to be the most calm of the group and she took action, gathering peoples attention in the hope of figuring out a new plan.

Alright. We made it out of the command center... if anyone has any smart ideas for getting us out of here, i'd love to hear them.”

Well.... we have a rather makeshift squad of DA people approaching on the left side... and a whole armada of rape and death on the other side... could we over-power the DA and head out that side? Take their shuttle?” Wex suggested, checking armour and wiping some vomit off.

Surrender might be a better option...” Seeth suggested, but Rai and Wex shook their heads.

They have a bounty hunter with them, chances are they're here to kill us... we need to be prepared for that.”

Ok. Then we take cover on the right side behind the pillars and fight the DA.”

With our backs to the anger horde behind the glass?” Wex asked, trembling a little at the thought. The slaves had been pressed against the glass as more and more of them piled into the room, the various empty, hungry eyes of the creatures were watching the group intently, hundreds of them, every inch of the outside glass was covered the with bodies of desperate creatures, watching for their chance to strike. Bubblegum was working on getting the door open, fiddling around with the outside control panel. More controllers turned up, Ink towered above everyone, viewing the situation with great eagerness. Leech was fast behind her, currently scraping someones scalp off her make-shift axe she'd taken. There was no talking between the controllers as they waited for Bubblegum to open the door, they'd agreed on this plan a while ago, they were just eager to complete it, the ultimate prize was just a door away and they were hungry for it.

Despite the rather terrifying thought of having their back to the horde, the DA were already on the second blast door, having been through the decompression chamber and were seconds from entering. They squad took their positions, reloading with what they had left, Diego charging up a couple of bolo's to throw at the group once they'd entered.

There was a tense few seconds of pause, as the door opened, both squads waiting for the way to be clear and to see what the other did before taking action. Karen called out first, currently ducked behind her large red body guard who was watching the situation closely, rifle in hand and primed to fire.

Diego! I've come to take you home, away from these monsters! Lower your weapons please! We can settle this before those... those things... get to us.”

Is the safe trip just for me? Or is it for all of us? I need to know Karen!”

There was a substantial pause/

.... All of you...” Karen didn't sound very confident in her answer. “Send one of you forward at a time and we'll get you to safety...

Wex tapped Sen on the shoulder and ordered him forward. Wex didn't like the idea of sending anyone forward, but Sen was the best choice. He still had the oxygen tank on his back as well, should that be required...

Slowly now Sen... Anything goes wrong, we'll gun them down...” The snake nodded, trusting his captains orders. He rolled forward from his cover slowly, slithering towards the large blast door, the several figures behind the sides of it were still obscured from view. He got the middle of the room and Wex barked out an order from behind him.

Show your faces! We're doing what you've asked, at least meet us half way!”

Another tense pause followed, although the drumming of the slaves limbs against the glass meant it was far from silent.

Slowly, Karen's head popped out from the side of the door, looking nervous.

There! Now come forward... slowly...”

Sen's hand was firmed on his side arm, but he continued forward, creeping further and further towards the group.

Now wha-” Sen's sentence was shattered by a hail of rounds tearing through his body, ripping through his armour and flesh easily, he tried to draw his weapon as he collapsed, but there simply wasn't enough strength in him or time to react as he slumped to the floor, his corpse pierced and split by volumes of gunfire. The large armoured female charged into the room, followed swiftly by Scyler and Karen, who all took over behind the nearby pillars. Seeth and Wex opened fire, blasting out chunks of the pillars and ripping the walls apart piece by piece. The room was alive with gun fire as they all tried to take pot shots without exposing themselves. Karen was holding a single pistol in her shakey hands, unsure of what to do... she'd never fired a gun before and beyond that, she was absolutely terrified, this was not how she thought this was going to go.

A large energy bolo slammed into the pillar her bounty hunter was hiding behind, knocking half of it off and showering the area in dust and bits of masonry. With Scyler pinned down beside her as well, things seemed to be going poorly for them and she panicked. She popped her head around the side of the pillar along with the pistol and aimed it across the room, shooting through the dust and were she saw the figures moving across the room, unsure of who she was actually hitting. The pistol shook free of her hands as it fired, blasting a single shot across the room, a loud “thunk” noise following after. She yelped and hide behind the pillar again, wondering what she'd just done. Although the gunfire was loud, she could hear someone yelling over it.

Diego crouched over his brother, putting his hand over the wound, hoping to stop the bleeding. Wex's neck was bleeding extremely heavily, the bullet had tore straight through his throat and his strength was fading quickly as blood pooled underneath him. Hewas grasping at Diego's shoulders for some reason as the lizard tried to curb the bleeding, Rai was crawling under the gun fire to see if she could help whilst Seeth tried to return fire, but the bleeding would not stop. Wex was unable to form any words, only choking gasps escaped his maw as his chest spasm'd from the lack of air. The situation was beyond comprehension for Diego as he saw the life drain right out of his brother in front of him. He suddenly realised what his brother was trying to do by grasping at his shoulders.

He wanted a hug.

The lizard leaned down and hugged his brother tightly, both of them tearing up as they embraced each-other a final time. Wex held on with all his strength and managed to spit some final, bloodied words into Diego's ear before his strength collapsed entirely.

Fuckin' DA... At least I got to meet my big bro before... F-fuck... I didn't get Jessie her apartment... I...

Sorry Jess...

I tried...

Love you Diego. Survive this... for us...”

His last words were followed with a sickening gargle of blood, Wex's body going limp and letting his brother go. Diego held onto him. Unsure of what to do or say. This wasn't part of the plan.

He sighed and closed his brothers eyes. “Love you too Wex. Glad I got to see the man my little brother had grown into.”

The lizard stood from the corpse slowly and turned around to face the aggressors who were about to charge forward to secure the group. Seeth was pinned and out of ammo and Rai was examining Wex's body, Mawn and Scyler were convinced this was already won, with Sara, Mawn's assistance, looking to move forward to, although she was looking after Karen first and foremost. As they advanced, the hideous roar of the enraged Diego bellowed out and he charged straight for the advancing duo. He speared straight into the armoured form of Mawn and threw her backwards, stunning her for a few seconds. His eyes fixed onto Scyler. The male drew an electrified combat shank from his armour and readied himself for combat. The two began swinging at each-other, duck ing and weaving around the slashes and uppercuts. Scyler went for a stab but the lizard caught arm and nearly wrenched it free of its socket before Scyler let go on the knife from pain alone. Diego struck him in the face with his shin and threw Scyler to one side, the lizard having a rage fuelled idea. Seeth surged across the room and slammed into Mawn, standing up before her and crushing her armoured helm against the wall with her knee. She grabbed onto the girls chest and lifted up off her feet, bashing her floor over and over again, shaking her gun free of her hands. Meanwhile, Rai dragged Wex's body across the outside of the room, over the blast door the DA had come from, keeping her pistol pointed at Sara and Karen, ordering them to remain still, which they did out of shock.

As Scyler rolled to recover from the lizards assault, he glanced up to see Diego unhooking the oxygen tank from the corpse of Sen and lifting it straight above his head. Before Scyler could pull himself to safety, the furious lizard brought the metal cannister straight down onto one of Scyler's legs, crushing and snapping one of the dragons knee's with a horrendous crunch as bone split and flesh parted.

He howled in pain as it tore through him. Escape wasn't an option now, Scyler reached for his hand gun which had been knocked from its holster previously and managed to find it, swinging it around and pointing at the lizard, despite being told not to kill Diego, he had no choice at this point, it was him or the lizard... Karen would have to find another victim to attempt to seduce, this needed to end.

But as Scyler raised the pistol, another wave of pain rippled through him, as the lizard ripped the oxygen tank from his leg and swung it again, batting the pistol out of his hands in one movement, bringing the entire blood stained bludgeon above his head again and bringing it down on Scyler's hips, smashing them to bits within his skin in another blood curling thwack as metal impacted flesh.

Scyler's pained screams filling the room as Rai ordered Karen and Sara to get back into the air lock, Karen seeing the bullet wound in Wex's neck and realising that may well of been her, decided to help Rai pull the corpse into airlock.

Seeth booted Mawn in the chest as she tried to get up and sent her across the room, skidding into the air lock too. As Seeth charged towards her and tried to stamp on the girl, Mawn rolled to the side and drew her hatchet from its sheath. Slamming the blade straight into Seeth's thigh, who roared out in pain and swung for Mawn again, a heavy fist clattering against her helm. Mawn managed to rise to her feet, the wound she'd caused to Seeth giving her enough time to do so. Seeth noticed Scyler's electrified knife on the floor and went for it, Mawn following quickly, swinging her hatchet but finding nothing as Seeth ducked under it and lashed out with the shank. The two exchanged blows and began parrying each-other, trying to avoid the blade of the others weapon. Before Seeth could gain any advantage though, Mawn hooked the blade out of her hand with the back side of her hatchet and slammed the blade into Seeth's thigh again, the blade striking bone painfully and making Seeth cry out.

Mawn attempted to pull the blade from the girls leg but she instead found Seeth grabbing her tightly and holding the blade in place, one hand holding the hatchet in place, the other thrusting at Mawn's neck armour, shunting her off and her grip of the hatchet in one movement, she tore the axe free of her thigh herself, lashings of purple fluid leaking from its edge as she did so and advanced towards her aggressor.

Diego, still enraged, pulled the oxygen tank out of Scyler's shattered hips and raised it above his head again, Scyler's bleary vision looked up to see the blood thristy eyes of Diego looking down at him, but a second pair of eyes quickly came into view, far higher up than Diego's, along with a number of oozing and flailing limbs. The hungry bellow of the horde bellowed out as they flooded the room, Bubblegum finally getting the doors open.

As the lizard raised the oxygen tank up a final time, hoping to bring it down on Scyler's face, a pair of tentacles wrapped around the tank and pulled it free of his grip, Ink's hands grabbed his torso and began dragging him back towards the horde, more and more hands grabbing at his limbs.

Mawn and Seeth stopped fighting as soon as they heard the cry of the horde and began closing the blast doors, Mawn firing out a grapple hook from her armour at the pair of males in the room, heading towards Diego, but as it was about to impact the male, Scyler kicked his good leg up and the hook pierced straight through his knee, causing him to scream once more. The cable began to draw back and pull him towards the blast door, Mawn pulling it herself to make sure he got under the door in time. Seeth couldn't see who was being pulled as she was standing taller than the door and was focusing her efforts on slowing down the slaves, but when she saw the white, busted and bloodied form of Scyler being dragged under the door, she nearly went to stamp on his head immediately but she felt a gun pointed at the back of her head.

Why the fuck did you bring this cunt back?! Get Diego!”

I tried! He got in the way! Believe me, I didn't want his sorry ass either!”

Scyler was too deep in pain to even think about replying, but Mawn yanked the hook straight out of his leg in one sharp movement. The now united group stopped fighting and considered what to do as the blast door closed with a loud hiss, sealing them in the chamber. It hadn't quite sunk into Seeth what had just happened, but she knew when it did, she'd be torn apart again.

Diego tried to pull himself free, but every inch of the room was full of hot, hungry bodies, although the slaves kept their distance, the controllers were pulling him through the crowd, hands were holding every limb he had, he was determined not to let this happen to him again. He roared out, psyonic energy coursing through him as the warcry overcharged his body, he ripped himself free of the surrounding limbs and began to charge towards the blast door, but the second he pulled himself free of their grip, they just grabbed hold again. He tried to pull them to the door with him, but the strength of the many was difficult to fight, he thrashed around, trying to throw his captors off him, swinging his limbs around furiously, creating a little space. He charged towards the blast door again, yet a strange creature seemed to form out of nothingness, the dark liquid forming a huge and imposing form of a controller. Something that should have been impossible. The slaves and nodes formed a circle around Diego. Him in the middle, Ink behind him and this strange controller in front of him, her swirling mix of mid-night blues and oranges completely astonishing him.

Diego's psyonic aura was still in effect and as Ink went to sub-due him, he struck her straight in the jaw again, clacking her teeth together painfully, he went to continue his assault, trying to press the advantage, but the slimey controller surged forward at him. He turned around and went to strike her, but his fist found nothing to damage, he punched into her gooey flesh yet his fist just sink slowly into her, not phasing her at all. A sly grin spreading across her face as she began to reel his arm in. He wrenched it out with his enhanced strength and dodged to the side frantically as the girl reared herself up and slammed down where he was.

He went to resume his attack, but someone slammed a bag over his head, this brief distraction was all that was needed, even though he managed to remove it with a couple of seconds was enough for Ink to move in, she bull rushed him and slammed him against the glass wall, pinning him against it for a couple of seconds with all her strength, her tentacles aiding her. As she did so, the other massive controller flowed towards them and slammed into the two of them, flowing over and between Ink and straight over Diego, forming herself over him, trapping him inside her. As the male panicked and tried to escape, she moved herself and him into the middle of the room, where several Nodes armed with powered whips, cracked their weapons at the entrapped lizard, the goo girl seeming to part her liquid flesh so the whips could contact the male, binding his limbs further as he tried to pull himself free of the liquid prison. Ink's thick black tentacles dove in again, wrapping around his chest and thighs tightly. The goo girl settled her form again, her goo moulding over the whips and tentacles back to her massive form. The result was a fully bound lizard, who's psyonic energy was draining fast and was completely helpless due to the extreme bondage holding him down.

Being trapped within the monster was horrifying, every movement he made was being pressed against, it was like fighting against an ocean that was always pushing you where you didn't want to be. This had all happened so fast... he looked out from his slime prison towards the blast door, which hadn't opened. He stopped fighting, dropping the psyonic field. Seeth was safe from this lot at least. He just hoped, more pleaded, that she had managed to handle herself on the other side. It was too painful to think about Wex yet, that would have to wait. He just wondered what this lot were going to do to him...

1