CHAPTER 26: It Is The Chairman
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Move."

A brown-haired gentleman in his twenties, dressed in a business suit, eagerly entered the school grounds. Despite the fact that entering the school was completely forbidden, he persisted.

But he kept his cool.

"Chairman! You are not allowed to go in, all right? The authorities are still clearing everything inside. What am I supposed to do if you will die suddenly in there? We don't know the measures!" a concern from his assistant.

"Then that'd be good," he replied.

The person known as his companion failed to stop him as he entered the school. He was fast enough for him to not catch him on time.

All of the reporters were obliged to remain in one place where they couldn't capture the Chairman's appearance. Securities were doing all the work to keep them from following the Chairman.

Since the school is a private property where no one even a single resident can get inside, the authorities made a three-day rule where there should be no person wandering around the school; this includes the security guards, the staff, or the part-timer teachers. Failed to do so will face infringement and violation.

So for the whole remaining week, the school is down and closed to all.

Once the brown-haired guy, known to be the Chairman, finally entered the school their company was obtaining with, he came to a halt in a certain spot.

"I can sense his presence here."

The entire area seemed to be majestic, yet it lacked something. The people in it. Their noise. And their existence.

Because of what had just occurred, the school had taken on the appearance of an area. Because of the never-ending stillness, he seems to become deafening. He's not used to this kind of blankness.

Since the school is currently under surveillance, there will be no class until the next week until the higher-ups would say so. They had to take all of the necessary means just so that the students will come back safe to school, no worries, and just relax.

"Travis Mortal was it? That was the name that librarian told me, right?"

The Chairman wandered inside the school as if he's not familiar with the surroundings. Although no single human except for the Chairman was now standing inside the school, there's this dropping noise of steel he heard.

After a few seconds, there's this continuous noise that only the air could explain. It was like the sound of whispering people. Some were fighting and some were instructing. There were also these heavy footsteps that can be heard.

"It's almost sunset. Where is he? Where is that goddamn classroom he was assigned to?"

He was desperate to track down Mr. Travis.

While strolling everywhere, the Chairman seemed to find no source of these unending whispers. It made him want to find them even more. But no matter how hard he tried to roam around, he couldn't find a single person he can assume.

The glass construction of these classrooms added to the annoyance. Since he's focused on finding the root of these disturbing whispers, he couldn't make it because the glass layers of each classroom are in the way.

If there were no one in here, then where did the noise come from?

The Chairman wasn't afraid nor feeling anything fear, he was rather bothered and frustrated about the loud silence yet intimidating area. Until then, he continued finding his supposed-to-be destination which is classroom 11-5 to see Mr. Travis.

"Chairman!"

"Eek!" startled the Chairman.

As he saw someone running hastily towards him, catching breath, the Chairman was about to elbow the person's face. He then stopped halfway when he knew it was his assistant. He appeared nervous and shivering as he looked around the surroundings.

"What's wrong with you!" exclaimed the Chairman.

"S-Sir," the assistant breathed heavily while supporting his upper strength to his knees. His eyes trembled out and he seemed to be searching for something still, "I-I can hear something... and whispers!"

"Whispers?"

• • • • •

A while ago...

While silently walking, Greg and Kenneth glimpsed the cameras beaming red lights, as if they were on. But luckily, the cameras weren't pointing in their direction so they continued walking quietly. The real problem was the cameras. Although they weren't pointing in their directions, the cameras were rotating 180 degrees as if they were roaming their sights around. They're like the security guards on the school grounds since the school has closed for a while.

The next building was full of cameras since the third building is where the museum, the gallery, and the mall were located. This structure held important items so it's logically sited that there would be countless cameras around. Right at the back of this third building will be their last destination.

Before coming to this institution, Mr. Travis discovered a secret passage from this building. Nobody knew what could be his reason for coming to this school, but he was such a curious person. A massive wall runs across the rear of the third building, covering nearly a 15-foot tree. The walls were covered with a heartleaf philodendron plant, which has excellent long vines. Behind these plants was a door as ancient as the museum's exhibits.

After getting through those two buildings successfully, Mr. Travis currently signaled the boys to stop and be cautious around since they're now in the third building. The lads then assumed he had just spotted a camera that had almost captured them, so they opted to hide behind the walls.

Mr. Travis instructed the boys that hopping to another wall would require two individuals. After they would hop to the other side of the wall, the camera would revolve once again at the count of five. If they don't take two people at a time, the camera will notice their movements. And if they are not synchronized, for sure they will be caught right away.

So Mr. Travis and Greg hopped behind the other wall first after the camera rotated. It was so breathtaking but thankfully the both of them succeeded.

After the two were successful, Mr. Travis knelt and carefully instructed the next two boys, Brent and Kyle, to wait first. He signaled that after he counted to five, they should hop their butts in this wall.

After then, the camera turned. Both walked so swiftly that a sound was virtually made with each stride. Brent pushing Kyle and nearly tripping was completely unexpected. Mr. Travis, fortunately, quickly apprehended Kyle. They nearly made a sound. Brent, on the other hand, chuckled softly at Kyle who frowned.

"You got caught like a princess there," Brent whispered and laughed, patting Kyle on his head.

They had no idea there was a problem. While they both successfully walked to the opposite side of the wall, Brent was perplexed as to why the remaining boys, Victor, Kenneth, Liam, Peter, and Zeus, had such scared expressions.

"What's the problem, guys?" mouthed Brent.

The three simply froze in place, as if they couldn't move and didn't know what to do. Brent seemed even more bewildered as he switched his gaze to Greg and Kyle. Mr. Travis grimaced and shook his head.

When Brent gazed upon Kyle's steel pipe on the ground, he looked so shocked. 

"You made a sound?" Brent widened his eyes out, asking Kyle almost a whisper.

"Not me, idiot! It was you! You pushed me!" defended Kyle.

"Why me, fucker? It was you! It's your pipe, dammit!" argued Brent again.

Earlier when Brent pushed Kyle, the steel pipe clanked onto the ground and it produced a loud sound of course. That seemed to be the reason why all of them, except for Brent, looked so doomed.

"Now, let's not waste time. Let's go!" Mr. Travis instructed.

Since all of the cameras were now pointing in their directions, they had no choice but to run. 

"Damn. We got unlucky because of you two," Kenneth ran, whispering those words.

"Why did you include me? It was him!" Kyle pointed at Brent, still a murmur.

"And why are you pointing me, asshole? Am I at fault?" Brent elbowed Kyle on his arm.

"Of course, you're at fault, you problem-in-the-ass,"  Peter chirped.

They haven't been recognized by the monitoring yet. As a result, it's evident that they had to hide their faces as much as possible while running in order for the cameras to not recognize who they are.

As soon as the authorities learn of Class 11-5's existence, the school's higher-ups will face charges. This does not mean that the class will be secure. Once the government learns about their background, they will be brought before a court of law as well.

When they were finally at the back of the auditorium at the third building, they heard a voice consisting of two people talking at the entrance of the auditorium. Kenneth and Victor got curious so they looked who it was. Now that they looked into it, the other boys followed them too.

"It's the Chairman," said Peter. They immediately recognized both of them. As Peter said, it was the Chairman and his assistant.

"I have to find someone. You go home if you want to," the Chairman told his aide. 

"No, sir. I will come with you... even if this school is haunted."

"What haunted? This school is not haunted. There could be people left in here." The Chairman roamed his eyes throughout the entire area, "By the way, where is this place?"

"We're at the third building's auditorium, Sir," answered his assistant. Because the entire hall was walled in, their voices were quite loud and clear. Obviously, the noises within would bounce.

The fury and anger they felt against the Chairman were seen in their eyes. It's as if they really wanted to attack him. But, thankfully, when Mr. Travis called them, it made them forget their ill will against the Chairman.

"Now, boys. Come in!" Mr. Travis commanded after opening the door. 

After Mr. Travis opened the hidden door behind the walls at the back of the third building, he let Greg go in first. Following Victor and Liam, Brent and Peter forwarded as well until the eight of them had gone inside the passage. 

There was no time left, so they had to advance as much as possible before the authorities will come. Of course, as promised, Mr. Travis had to take the girls too when the eight of them fled away from this school. 

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

1