CHAPTER 27: The Pick-Up
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The path appeared to be vast, yet it is as narrow as a human tunnel. It could perfectly suit a human body, which is a little bit strange since this hole looked so human-made. For some reason, it appears like this tunnel was designed just for humans only.

After they reached the end of the hole, a street came in their path. It was a typical street like others, with vendors selling, a chaotic crowd, loud noises, a lovely street view, and night skies. It didn't worry any of them in the least.

There was no single person looking at them even if they came right through this passage. It's as if they're an air that no one even tried to blink at them. It's almost as though the people in here are used to it... or was it forbidden for them to gaze this way?

When the boys looked back to the tunnel, they perceived it as quite ancient as the items in their school's museum, just like the passage's entrance door. For the exit, there was no door affixed, only thick plant vines were there enough to obscure the escape.

"Did you see that guy? If that person got into our class, all of us would be hapless," Mr. Travis continued, but this time he was plotting something, so then, he beamed. He wanted the boys to realize that they may be put into a lot of trouble in the future if they don't trust him. 

If the class won't depend on their teacher, there will be simply no way for them to change.

"T-Then what do we do?" asked Brent.

"What else? Of course, we have to get the girls," answered Kenneth.

"All of us? Aren't we already got almost into danger because of these dumbasses?" Peter said, pointing to Brent and Kyle. Both responded instantly and were enraged at Peter.

"What did you---"

"Now, now," Mr. Travis stepped in between the three, placing his arms on their shoulders as though they were friends, and smiling broadly, "Friends shouldn't fight, all right?"

Brent, Kyle, and Peter just clicked their tongue and looked away, frowning. Meanwhile, the other guys were so shocked at this luxurious car stopping behind their teacher.

Mr. Travis delayed his arms back and turned around. 

"And besides... our pick-up is here."

Except for Mr. Travis, who remained calm and collected in the face of this limousine car, the boys were all too astonished to talk. This must be their first encounter with such a lavish vehicle. This car is not the same as the one earlier in which Calix had ridden. This one is originally made in France, and the one that Calix used was made in California which both cost a lot of fortune. 

After the car was securely parked in the street, an elderly man in a suit emerged from the vehicle, composed and smiling.

"Good day, Sir. Please come---"

"Majordomo!" 

Mr. Travis couldn't contain his delight and hugged the old man as soon as he saw him. Meanwhile, the elderly man, known as Mr. Travis's majordomo, stepped back a little and smiled as he responded to Mr. Travis's hug.

"Is this some kind of reunion or what?" said Brent with a disgusted look on his face.

"Aside from that, why does he appear like a butler or something? Was he abducting this old geezer?" asked Peter.

The other lads were too quiet to see the two, who were still embracing as if they've just met for the first time in ages. They shook each other's hands and grinned continuously after hugging.

"Either way, let us not squander time. I and Victor will get the others, and the rest of you will keep a watch on those two. We don't know what they're up to anyhow," Kenneth directed before heading back into the tunnel.

"Oh. I will come instead of Victor. Please stay inside the car until then, my dear boys," Mr. Travis smiled at his student, Victor. "And besides, you should rest after those long runs."

Kenneth was enraged on the inside, but he couldn't dispute with him especially when they're in this situation where they had no option but to go with the flow. They needed to hurry before the chairman will arrive in their classroom.

"Wow, showing off in front of the father, huh," Kyle shrugged, looking at major-domo.

Major-domo and Mr. Travis were still smiling rather than driving upset, despite what Kyle had just stated. His friends didn't think about it and kept their gaze fixed on the exquisite car as if they truly wanted to ride in it right almost immediately.

"Now, now. Get inside all of you," Mr. Travis ignored Kyle and let each of them send carefully inside the car.

The dihedral doors were remotely controlled by Mr. Travis's major-domo so it really didn't trouble him opening them one by one. The students then went in one by one, all excited like some ignorant kids.

"Oh, shit. This is cool," Kyle murmured, trying to hit the bucket seat.

"Hey, stop that. You're going to destroy it," said Greg, hitting Kyle's head.

"Oh, fuck! That hurts! What's with it anyway? It's not like we own this."

After they had all gotten their seats, one of them, Liam, moved to the seventh seat to have the bucket seat all to himself. They didn't notice him proceeding to the other seat since all of them were as loud as the thunder and as chaotic as the festival. Liam peacefully slept in there with a sleeping position. He was quiet yet he was happy.

"We will be waiting here, Sir," said Mr. Travis's major-domo to him.

"All right. We will be back."

After then, the dihedral doors closed. Mr. Travis and Kenneth both went their ways back to the tunnel to get the others. There's no time to waste since they both know the class would be in big trouble if one higher-up would know the class' habits. They're too careless that they're overly numb even in their surroundings. They're playing guns and fires, like some independent uncultured kids. 

Meanwhile, inside the car, Mr. Travis's major-domo handed the boys a tray of loaves of bread coming from the passenger's seat's automatic features. These were freshly baked. These pieces of bread were particularly baked only for the Mortal House, made by a famous major chef owning a fancy restaurant. Yet the boys ignored his offer and continued moving things inside the car.

"Hey, old man," called Brent while observing the entire area of the car. 

Since none of the boys picked up a single bread, Mr. Travis's major-domo put the silver tray back in its place. It was a little unfortunate since they didn't get to try one of the world's finest handmade pastries.

After a while, Brent suddenly clutched the head of the old man and grabbed the knife he's been carrying.

"Why don't you simply get out of the car and flee? I'll find a way to cover you up," Brent threatened, his knife poised near the old man's neck.

"H-Hey, Brent. Easy, okay?" said Greg.

"Why are you stopping him?" asked Victor, almost stopping Greg. The other guys stared at the old man and at the same time, glanced at Brent who looked so desperate to get the car.

As a matter of fact, the old man shakingly lifted up his hands after he felt the tip of the knife on his skin. As he raised his head and stiffened his position, he got teary-eyed out of fear, trembling all over his body.

"Chill, man. The geezer's about to wet his pants," responded Zeus who's now playing with the adjustable rear seat.

Except for Liam, all of the guys were around the old man, who was trembling on his end. Liam was peacefully taking his time sleeping at the seventh seat.

"How about you forfeit all of the money in here as well?" Peter suggested, moving to the passenger seat to get a close distance of Mr. Travis's major-domo. After then, he inspected the old man's outfit from head to toe.

"What are you doing, you ass!" Kyle was furious. "You stepped on my fucking foot, damn!"

Peter then retreated his foot and ignored Kyle. When he excitedly kept searching the old man's lower garments, expecting a large sum of money from them, he felt something different instead of some cash or credit card. He felt something hard, illegal, and familiar from the old man's flank belt. 

"Well? You found some cash out there?" Brent chuckled, his knife slowly buried deep in this old man's wrinkled thin neck. Blood ran down from the old man's neck to his spotless immaculate suit.

"Hey, the old man is blee---" Greg stopped along with the other guys who were all now frozen in their spots.

They were too shocked to see Peter carrying a gun. He found it from the old man's belt. It was a handgun, they were all familiar with it. The thing they're now worried about was the old man. They then thought they'd just underestimated someone. 

The old man finally stopped shivering and turned his gaze to Brent, the person who was clutching his neck. With a single strike, the old man elbowed Brent in the face. There was a sound of bones snapping, but the old man didn't seem to worry about it and just continued snatching the knife Brent was holding.

Brent then held his face as it was numbing like hell. He felt like his head was ringing so he stumbled onto the seat and was left outbalanced.

In the meantime, the old man considered utilizing his method to steal the gun in Peter's hands. Peter was taken aback by what the old man had done to Brent. He grinned at the gun, returning his gaze from the old man to his pals. He then moved back far enough to aim the weapon towards the old man's brow. The last thing he did was smile as he loaded the handgun.

In one swift movement, the old man elbowed Peter's temple first and grab a hold of the gun. Now that the chance had come, the old man snatched back his gun and fired it on Kyle's swaying hair. The old man fired it again on Victor's seat, almost shooting through his pants. The third gunfire was aimed at Greg's side, which was the tinted window of the car. When the bullet bounced back, it scraped through Zeus's face. It's now dripping with blood.

After then, the guys lifted up their hands, shaking, and about to wet their pants. It happened so fast that it lasted a second. Even all of them didn't expect it to happen. But none of them could deny the fact that the gunfire was extremely loud, which may have caused their eardrums to rupture.

Because the limousine car was bulletproof and soundproof, the gunshots did not penetrate the car's exterior. It's no surprise that none of the people passing through the vicinity reacted to anything.

Peter was left on the passenger's seat, head ringing and about to lose his balance. 

"Ahh, my back hurts," the old man spoke with his voice like a foghorn. He performed some of the stretching exercises so that they could at least reduce his back pain. 

The tables have now turned. All of them except for Liam were all lifting up their hands and behaving like some kids who were about to get punished. Their faces were too terrified and the six of them couldn't even blink.

"You're all grown-ups. You should've already distinguished what's good or bad in your age."

All of them were quite frightened still so they stayed silent.

"I am older than all of you. I am 72 years old yet how come you didn't show any respect?"

"I am so sorry, Sir!" said Brent.

"M-Me too! I really apologize!" stated Zeus. 

They acknowledged their errors and apologized to Mr. Travis's major-domo. They've only had a taste of death's dread once, and now they're acting like this. It was quite a rare scene to see these kinds of people apologizing. It was fascinating.

"Well, that's that. I am not a major-domo without these aptitudes. But my back really hurts, you brats," major-domo sighed and went back to the driver's seat, sitting comfortably and wiping off the blood in his neck with his handkerchief. 

"I urge that none of you underestimate individuals like me, especially your instructor... who is also my boss. You never know when his tolerance will run out," he calmly advised.

Enjoyed the chapter? Don't forget to hit the like button and drop your thoughts in the comments.

If you want more of these chapters, kindly join my:

Patreon: 
GallantLassGL

Ko-fi: 
GallantLass

Thank you!

0