CHAPTER 47: Van Gogh’s Sunflowers
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 days later...

"Oh. My. God! What the hell happened?" Andrea screamed after she went inside their classroom.

For those two years they've been in this class, there hasn't been a single time when the design of their classroom has changed because of the lack of money. Only their classroom appeared to be almost destroyed and virtually abandoned among all of the classes at Bihira High. At this very moment, their teacher worked very hard with his companions to change the appearance of their classroom.

"Do you like this new look of your classroom?" asked Sir Travis as he was enjoying roaming around their newly fresh and decorated classroom.

Compared to all of the classrooms in this school, only their classroom was now even looking more luxurious and magnificent. They upgraded the size of the classroom, they even added the class's favorite equipment to use during hot weather, the air conditioner... not only one but four, perfect for each corner.

To the other classrooms, their seats were like the seats in the cinema or theatre. But in Class 11-5, their seats were like from the seats in a grand airplane; a bed-like seat and in front of it, a monitor screen to where they could watch their lessons in class. And these monitor screens were placed at the back of each seat. 

They could also use VR during hands-on activities and use the back of their classroom to have a better place to move around. They could also change their seats into bed just in case they want to rest or sleep. But this rule will be applied if Sir Travis would allow all of them at the same time to take a break. It's better for all of them to take a rest because of the tendency of letting one person rest by himself or herself, the others couldn't stay focused on the class and for sure it's not comfortable for the person too that the others are taking a class while he or she is just resting alone. It would be a bother.

"Wow! I-Is this really our classroom?" expressed Lila after she saw the upgraded version of their bookshelves.

There's no more whiteboard since they already have monitor screens. But... the only thing in front of the class, just like the other classes, is a screen projector and beside it is Mr. Travis's desk. The projector is used in case Sir Travis would want to show everyone a movie. All of the four walls were painted with one painting; Van Gogh's Sunflowers. It signifies beauty and happiness. Mr. Travis decided to have this wall painted with it because he hoped this class would be happy in life even though struggles will always be in the way. 

"I can't believe my eyes. How did this happen?" asked Victor after sitting in one of the seats. 

As for the ceiling, it's painted a maroon color with a few linear patterns on it. And at the center of the ceiling, an antique chandelier-style ceiling fan was placed. It has a bronze motor finish, hanging crystals, and 5 wood-finished blades. Also usable without a light.

Giggling, Sir Travis answered, "A little make up would do." 

Just days ago, their classroom's as messy as the garbage site. Yet now a lot has changed. Other classmates, one by one, immediately touched their classroom's new stuff as they were excited about the sudden change. Even Zeus himself was too stunned to speak.

"Wait!" exclaimed Samantha, "Don't tell me you're the only one who did this? What did you do?"

"Well, as your class teacher, I had some of my helpers help me out renovating the classroom within five days. That's why I asked all of you not to attend class in the meantime. Do you like the result?"

"Of course!" Brent approved, "This is even better than we had when we were still in the---"

"Anyways, let's say our thanks to Mortal," Kenneth cut him off, "He did this to all of us."

Happiness is a peaceful blossoming of the soul, one that has learned to love itself and the world, one that is at ease with its inherent relationship.

Everyone praised him and even hugged him. Not a single person forgot to express their heartfelt gratitude to Sir Travis for this reason. Clara was so happy that she burst into tears. Finally, the long wait is over. Sir Travis has now fulfilled one of their class's dreams.

"This will be my gift to all of you so please handle it well. I trust you, everyone."

Happiness exists in the present moment, and the more focused it is, the more intense it is, like a beam of light to the soul. And, as with well-focused light, this results in improved resolution.

Kenneth sat back to one of the seats and let the happiness soak right into his bones. He closed his eyes and savored the moment, but never released his grip on the seemingly inconsequential piece of paper and ink in his hands---he was studying. For the first time in forever his body and mind relaxed. At that moment there were no expectations upon him, no deadlines, and no schedules to meet. 

"Now that everyone seemed so satisfied with the result, let's start with our first lesson!"

"What? No!" reacted Peter. He seemed angry just by hearing it.

Everyone seemed to be shocked as well. Murmuring, some of them wanted to question Sir Travis as to why did he have to decide something like that. It seemed like some of them still doesn't want to go back to class.

"Everyone, you're all appeared to be so confused. This is a school, a place where we learn. Let's not forget that."

"But... but..."

"No buts, my dear students. You are here to learn. Now, pick your own seats and listen to me. I have a big announcement to make."

After then, the students started to seat to where they were comfortable. Some sat with their friends with the window beside them, some sat at the middle where the luxurious ceiling fan was directed at them. All of them were in their comfortable seats with their peers.

"Before we start with our lesson, I would like to announce that you are all now part of the school curriculum. It means that you can now participate in school activities, morning stirs, and everything in this school. Despite the fact that you're all seemed trapped in here for the past years, I made a deal with the ex-President last week and made you all get what you wanted by joining the other classes... like how you did in the past."

"No! That's not what we wanted!" Peter shrieked. His experience of madness made him a savant. The curse was huge. The blessing was huge. That is how the cosmos works. That is the magic, which he paid for it so he could give to others.

"Yeah! We're not going to be part of that hell again!" Affirmed by Glenn.

Now that Peter and Glenn started to oppose, some of their classmate's ideas then started to mix up. Some agreed with them and some also opposed them.

"Class, listen. You can't go to college if you continue to---"

"We don't care! It's not like college is always part of our lives anyway," answered Maurine.

"No, that's not it," Karina shouted out her opinion and looked at Maurine, "Isn't this a good opportunity? For the past two years, we've been dealing with loads of crap. Now that the chances are already in front of our faces, why don't we grab it?"

Nodding, Clara agreed with her. "Yeah, she's right."

"Ugh, whatever. It's not like we can't learn by ourselves anyway. I mean, we have brains and common senses, right? We can just learn by ourselves using THIS," Maurine pointed to the side of her head, her temple, to tell them to use their brains, not their mouths.

"Yeah, that's right. Just do whatever you want," Petra stated, "But what if you learn nothing and just continue with your hideous habits? Will you be able to learn something with that? In the end, you will just regret it, Mau."

As for Mr. Travis, he smiled while observing each one of them. He's eyeing their reactions regarding what he just said. And while the class was arguing, their teacher finally spoke, "I'll tell you, class. Having a good educational background is better than collecting money every person drops. Remember, our top priority here is to regain the learnings we've missed. You can't raise yourself in the future without a stable job. And in order to have a stable job is to be attentive in class."

Then again, the silence was kept on hold as all of them thought deeply about the future of the class. Some may be selfish, yet some were desperate to take a lesson.

"Now that everyone's ready to listen..." Without hesitation, Mr. Travis grabbed the bag below his newly polished and decorated desk and then opened it super wildly, enough for the whole class to see. A bunch of papers was piled inside so all of them were speechless at how many of them were. 

"... this will be your first task."

 

0