CHAPTER 48: Prepare For War
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The thing is... once this school year ends, I want all of you to be able to walk through the path of a good life. I also would like to talk about what do you want to become in the near future, what you keep striving for, what you really dream of, and the things that keep you going on in life. All you have to do is fill up these blanks according to each questionnaire. You have until tomorrow, so by then, I want all of you to be able to submit it."

Once the papers had passed down through each student's hands, they were frozen by their chairs as they took a quick glimpse at the written questions. Some of them mentioned how many pets they own, how do they often eat meals, and a lot of unnecessary questions that have nothing to do with their lives and future.

"Hey, I have a question," raised Ruben.

"Yes, darling. Go ahead."

"Why are the items in this paper look like some kindergarten or nursery questions?"

All of them realized that. And so, Eowyn asked, "Yeah, it even has "how often do we play games" or what. Is this some kind of a survey?"

"Hmm, survey, you say? Well, yeah, it's like a survey. But that's not entirely a survey."

They may have not noticed it but they were more bothered by the unnecessary questions rather than the real ones. Unnecessary or not, they still have to answer it. The real deal was, at the back portion of their papers, the actual questions were placed there. Each one of them has a different kind of question given by their one solely teacher. This way, Sir Travis, can dig more into his student's strengths and weaknesses, and so that, he could understand them even more.

"And class, by the way. Please be more specific with your answers, okay? I will be having a one-on-one session with you starting tomorrow."

Questions have started to rise again. "One-on-one?" asked Kyle, "Where do we have to do that? I mean, everyone could hear us if we do that here."

Sir Travis was then glad that someone asked about this. "Well, for those five days we've decided to change the classroom's appearance, I've also concluded that it would be better to transform the storage room into a perfectly groomed area. So, once you'll see the new storage room's appearance, it doesn't look like abandoned anymore."

Shira exclaimed, "So, we have two rooms now? That's insane."

"That's right. We can use that room since it appears like they don't need it that much. Just like this room, the storage room also has changed a lot. It's more on performance area since we added lots of soundproof, air-conditioning, and it now looked like a studio. There's also a broadcasting area inside. I have my table prepared and there, we can do our one-on-one session without a bother."

Their teacher may not be the perfect teacher they've got so far, but he truly did his best for his class. That being said, a teacher like him deserves the future he wanted in this class. He deserved to be loved. He deserved to be appreciated...

"But why do we have to do this one-on-one? Is it really that important?" asked Monika.

... And yet there's still some of them who couldn't do those things. With all the efforts he has done, he realized that some of them did change, but some of them didn't as well. He was grateful for it. The fact that he did make at least some of them change made him relieved. 

"Yes, of course. It's for your own good, class."

The fact that he has come this far for them within just a few days, God must be really on his side. And as for the students, some of them also couldn't believe that the class has really changed little by little. 

No matter what, others just couldn't accept that fact. They don't want to be soft with anyone. At this rate, the past will just happen again, and the same cycle will happen to them. For example, Ruben. Liam. Brent. Peter. And Victor. As for the girls, Samantha. Opera. Monika. Shira. And Maurine. All of them highly doubt the changes in this class. They were just a few of them. But as far as Mr. Travis has observed, those were the students he have to focus more on. Oh, but one student he truly has to pay attention to as of now is... Petra.

"Hey, look at Clara. She's already answering," Opera clamored after she noticed Clara answering her paper passionately.

And the others followed Opera as well. They immediately saw Clara genuinely answering the paper. "What the heck? Is she really serious?" said Monika.

Clara noticed it in no time so she responded while answering, "Sigh. Hey, guys. You can answer your papers whenever you want. You know, I have a lot of things to do later so I can't find time to do it by then because I always have a tight schedule. It should be better to answer it now."

Despite having a part-time at a resto-bar, Clara still has a lot to do besides going to school and to her part-time back and forth. She has a younger brother aged 7 years and the two lived and survived together for a very very long time without anyone's guidance. 

Finding a way of living is the only choice she has for both herself and her brother. No matter what job it is, she has to find a way to keep surviving. But despite all the sacrifices, she also chose her jobs properly to protect her dignity. She's a girl desperate for a living, but that doesn't mean she also had to sacrifice herself to keep surviving. And to that, all of those who just complained realized by then... that a girl like her is much as desperate to live like them.

"Ahh, whatever. I'm not answering this crap," stated Opera.

Mr. Travis was just observing all of them. The class' bond is really tight that all of them appeared to be so close to each other. By this, Mr. Travis concluded that every time he spends here surely is a precious moment. Same thing for the class as well. Time is precious, and they should cherish it.

"Uhmm, you said we can start joining the others, right? When can we start?" that question came from Lila made all of them fall into silence. Now that they think about it, they're now part of the school. It means they can now join the other students as much as they want.

Sir Travis then realized, "Oh, before that. I want all of you to take note of this: Prepare for war!"

The students started to question their existence and were staring into the void with a lot of questions in their minds. Mr. Travis mentioned war. They have no idea whether he's joking or not. The fact that all of them wanted to die before, now wanted to live as soon as they heard the word "war."

"What? Why the war? Are we going to die?" panicked Greg. And so, the class started to rumble their mouths without knowing the main reason. Trembling in fear. Palpitating hearts. Because some of them started panicking, they couldn't deny the fact that dying is what they're afraid of. 

"No, class. Listen. Once you get out of here and join the other students, you will face the school's brutality. After those years of being trapped here, what do you think the students think of you? If you pass the other classroom's hallways, are you sure they won't attack you just because the school has allowed you to be free in this school? Think about it, class."

Now that they knew what Mr. Travis meant, all of them were relieved to hear that. But even so, how can they face the school without knowing anything about it?

"Yeah, that's right. They will attack us for sure, right?" Emily glanced at her friend beside her, Faith.

Faith was a little bit fragile so she knows for sure that she can't survive all of the students if they would attack her in any case. "T-Then, what shall we do?" 

Mr. Travis started to worry about the fearful looks on their faces. "Class, I know what you did before, so why don't you use those skills to fight for your own dignity? Violence can also be solved by violence and violence can be solved by peace as well, remember that. Once someone lays their hands on you, better endure it for a minute before you take action. And prove what you've got."

All of them started listening to their teacher more intently. "Remember this, students attack you because they thought of you as prisoners, sinners, and unforgivable. Do you think you deserve all of this? No, right? So think before you take action. Read your environment. Decide when to fight and when to let it slide. Take note, there's only you in this world. Either you'd win or lose. What you always did was to do what it all takes to survive, right? Then, apply it to this school."

Glenn raised a question, "H-How do we do that? Some of us don't know even how to smack someone."

"Don't worry, my dear students. I recently gave you your first task, right? Then let's go for the second task..."

Should they complain about another task, they still managed to listen to Sir Travis to dig answers on how to defeat every person who dared lay their hands on them. It's just a matter of fact that everyone is desperately serious about this despite not all of them nevertheless having no trust in their teacher.

"... learning how to fight!"

0