CHAPTER 49: Basic Physical Combat Training
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Run!" Mr. Travis instructed his students with his voice raised, "Run as if there's no tomorrow!" 

As soon as he gave the command again, his students began to run as if there was really no tomorrow. As Mr. Travis had indicated, they were all now in the rear of their classroom, practicing some special fighting training. Some of his students were already jogging more than 5 laps, but others also had given up after just running 20 steps.

Unlike any other teachers who threaten their students by holding a stick, Mr. Travis only held his folder and pen to take note of each student's progress. There may be some who slack off, but Mr. Travis prepared something separate task for them. He had reckoned that they may not be able to show their full strength as of now, at least he got to point out their weaknesses and strengths.

But the time scheduled he had was never enough. The students only have two days to practice training so Mr. Travis must have done this until tomorrow. He's pretty reliable for this simple kind of matter but for him, the time management can never be so unsure. He kept this from his students. Although they have no idea when will they be like this, they still were having so much fun.

"I've never been like this as before. I'm so tired. I'm gonna throw up," Faith said, catching her breath. Her friend beside her, Lila, wasn't even puffing from tiredness. She was never tired from the start.

"Building up your strength will be part of those ways on how to defeat someone different at your level!" Mr. Travis shouted, so everyone got worked up and ran as fast as they could. They thought that Mr. Travis's screaming voice was more terrifying than they'd thought.

Number one. Mareta Venice Paranao. Always silent; has good physiques; great at combats; great at reading her environment; always attentive; never letting her guard down; has her own fighting style; first of everything when it comes to physical and mental stability... but always shows a mad face. She has her own world and she wears a mask, covering her mouth. Even here, she has no one she could see as a friend. Her only weakness is that she couldn't rely on anyone and she believes that everything will be done on her own. I admit that she could live on herself alone but that's what makes her apart from this world. Being alone in a big universe. I hope she could at least open up to somebody.

"No matter what! Never underestimate your abilities!"

Second. Kenneth Asmodeus Reyes. He may not be good at physical strengths but he's pretty intellectual of a being. He's good at reading his opponent first before his surroundings; if he has a physical problem, then as long as he has his mind and intellect, he can perform properly well in fighting; he has plans for everything; even from calculating the laps was the first thing he did... but he's sure he could only last for one lap. I'm pretty certain he used to be good at fighting but I guess his passion makes his body get weaker and weaker.

"Don't be afraid to throw striking jabs towards a person! Don't feel pity for them!" 

Third. Nabito Victor Villegas. Good at fighting; quick at everything; has fighting skills; always aiming for first. This may sound ridiculous but Victor was once an MMA fighter. He uses kickboxing for his secondary aptitude, but his main martial art is taekwondo. Unlike those two, Kenneth and Mareta, he's easy to be distracted and that's his weakness. He lost focus if there was something bothering him. But since he aims to be the first, he's pretty good at reversing cards. That doesn't mean any good but at least he's capable of fighting. They may be the same level as Kenneth but I need to see more of Victor to get myself convinced.

"Don't be afraid of taking hits! But don't let everything slide right away!"

So far, they are the main three students that I could sense would win in combat. They have their own weaknesses and strengths but these three have almost the same strengths. The thing that bothers me most is their lack of interaction with everyone. I know that Victor's a bit interactive, but he won't take it seriously, it's as if he's still talking to himself even if he's talking to others. For the last time, for him to have money for their classroom to improve, he almost threw his soul away because of gambling. Gladly, I noticed it sooner, or else he would have owned many debts. He's acting in his own will.

As for Kenneth, he's so focused on books, studies, logic, and everything. I am confident he'd make a good college but he lacks the interaction of others. It's like he's a more idealistic being than a realistic one. For sure he wanted to become a lawyer but it's making him apart from this world. Becoming a lawyer at this rate would never stand for true justice if I won't teach him what action he should bring forth and what action he should go against. He needs to see the world and the reality before he'd go for law.

Mareta, darling. She's like an invisible object to their class. The class chose to disregard her existence but it's also what she wanted. But I know what she's capable of even if she's like glass in their class. I know her history, in fact, all of them, and I know it affected them the most. I think I, as their class teacher who stood as their second parent, should work hard on motivating them. That's what I tried to do but I felt like I lack something. What could be this something I lack? I knew Majordomo taught me about it but I seem to forget what is it.

"You may not know how to do martial arts, but the important thing here is your mind and body. Cooperate them together and you can create your own strategy!" Mr. Travis studies every move of his students and jots down every detail he noticed. 

After running and taking a 5-minute break, the next thing Mr. Travis had instructed them to do was to enact one-on-one combat in the field. They're free to choose their partners as long as they could perform something in front of Mr. Travis's eyes. One-on-one combats are combat between two persons. For Sir Travis, there's no need to use a specific form of fighting but the important thing here is how should the students portray and create their own teachniques.

At first, they were too shy to do this with their partners, but since Mr. Travis's too strict and they get terrified easily with his loud voice, they had no chance but to show their teacher what they were competent of. On the other hand, Mr. Travis believed that not all the time he had to be sincere in front of them. He also had no choice but to show how strict he is when it comes to instructing them.

"Read your opponent's next moves! Never let your guard down!"

Fourth. Opera Morgan deal Flores. Acting like a soldier in a field; her opponent, Clara, never stood a chance because of her easy kindness; Opera doesn't want to receive any kindness so she ended her up for good; She has no mercy; she always acts on the right time. On a battlefield, I am sure she'd handle her weapon pretty well. But her only weakness is that---something's stopping her from fighting. At this rate, she would never stand a chance against her opponent if she continued to daze. 

"Not only your strength you have to build up, but also your mind! Remember that!"

Fifth. Terfinn Lawrence Ybanez. I'm pretty sure he was the one who pointed his rifle at me once before. He has a good aim even in combats but I'm sure, without any weapon, he could tackle someone from below pretty well. He's also quick that it's easy for him to dodge, but his lower body is always not on time that which would give him a hard time fighting back. He may be weak on his lower but he's good at aiming his punches.

Sixth. Clara Dennise Melecio. I only said Opera ended her up, but that's not the case. Clara's not giving up and even picking up sand to throw it to Opera's eyes that it's now blinding her sight. Tables have turned, Clara pushed her down and she topped on Opera to put sands on her face even more. So this is her way of fighting. Talk about playing dirty but it's pretty creative. She doesn't want to injure anyone so she used her own harmless tactics to defeat others. Her only weakness was that---she's too kind to make someone suffer. Her kindness is her own weakness.

"Take note of this quote, everyone! A new polished weapon is no better than a prepared mind!"

Seventh. Zeus Dimitri Curaraton. Since he's a boxer, he's good at aiming points on Glenn's vital spots. He landed so many blows but the same goes for Opera, something's stopping Zeus from throwing punches. His hands are fast just like the lightning from the Greek god Zeus. They have the same weakness as Opera but I see a lot of potential in Zeus. It's like he's fighting for his own will and what he has gone through. All he needs to do now is to bring back the old Zeus, who's not hesitating and who's always proud of everything.

"Don't create a ruckus sooner when you finally step on the school grounds! Think of this as eating in a public restaurant. Let the food be served to your table, and all you have to do is eat the served food! Same to this subject! Let the enemies have you first, but you just have to devour them at the end!"

Eighth. Kyle Nash Lupin. He's the steel pipe holder so he used this weapon with his partner, Brent. The way he used his pipe was as if he was using a sword. He's good at where he should aim it but his only weakness is that he's using a weapon. He won't be able to play fist-on-fist at this state because of always bringing his weapon. But then again, just like Clara, they're using their own tactics to show how to win in a fight.

"Once you're out there, you have to act like you haven't been in a training! Don't brag about all of this! It's nothing to brag about! If you can fight, you fight! Don't just let anyone throw their fists on you!"

Ninth. Petra Carmina Manto. She was the one I saw back then. She perfectly finished those guys on the street with just a fist of hers. And right now, she's fighting with Ruben as if he's just a toy. She's a good fighter I presume since she doesn't want to be defeated. But that doesn't mean she's qualified in my top eight because... the more she's throwing fist, the more she's addicted to it. It's like she had no idea how to limit herself and that's her only weakness--- she couldn't control herself in fighting. At this rate, she might end up killing a person.

Tenth. Liam Heiness Ortiga. Just like Mareta, he's silent as the wind but he has friends to hang out with. I believe Liam has fighting skills I think he has the ability to trick his opponent. I used to play card games with him and I can say that he's pretty good at it since I almost got lost by his moves. Same as this, he's good at tricking people with his stirs. But the only thing I was able to defeat him on card games was because it's so easy to read his moves. Let's say, his moves have their own patterns, and I could read that easily too that's why I figured out all his tactics and turned the tables at the end.

After observing at least ten of them, Mr. Travis let them take a break first to regain back their energies. Now that they're all bare sitting on the field while drinking their water, Mr. Travis faced them to talk about something. He looked at each one of them, "Remember! Not only the students are part of this matter, but the teachers as well! But I'll tell you, class, I will handle all of the teachers in here so don't ever lay a finger on them, got it?!" 

The students appeared to be confused so they weren't able to answer right away since the only thing they could think of as of now is getting a rest. 

"Got it?!" Mr. Travis asked again.

"Understood, Sir!"

Their teacher felt great for what he had witnessed. He could see each one of them improving their skills. All he has to do now is keep teaching them the basics and for sure, they'd, even more, survive in this world. Of course, he doesn't have to do things lightly. He had to take precautions as well in case something happens to his students.

"Everyone, you did well for today's session. I'm so proud of you." His students have somehow felt a bit warming for what he said. "Let's meet in the classroom later. We will play your favorite games," Mr. Travis continued.

0