CHAPTER 52: Strategic Intel Organization
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Still, Lachlan Dietrich, the second Elite and President of the Strategic Intel Organization (SIO), and the newly arrived ally, Akari Tachibana, the fourth Elite and Cabinet in charge of the Department of Education, conversed calmly in the office of the President of the Strategic Intel Organization (SIO).

"I thought you have business in Russia. How did you escape from your new handler?" Lachlan spoke, grabbing his swivel chair out from below his desk, and then sat there composedly, "I thought he is strict about your mission."

Aside from being the Cabinet in charge of the Department of Education, Akari's also an Intelligence Analyst. The new handler Lachlan was speaking about was Dominique Evans, the head of the Federal Intel System Organization (FISO), he is the agency's main contact between Akari and the agents, and is responsible for managing them and their organization's missions. 

It's required for the Elites to have countless certain jobs, whether a spymaster, a killer, an assassin, a teacher, a surgeon, a politician, or whatever else. It's based on their contracts that Elites should keep rather wary and busy themselves for the sake of the world's peace. In short, Elites are also known as the hope of humanity in every generation. One wrong move from an Elite, the Headman shall decide his or her punishment.

Akari sighed, crossing her arms as she spoke, "Ugh. Let's not talk about him. That was a month ago," she rolled her eyes and slouched at the couch, making hand gestures, "That prick doesn't want me to have fun myself and spoil me too much that's why he requested the Federal Intel System's under organization to plant wired bombs all over my place in case I'm going to open the door and leave the house." 

"Wow, total nuts," he returned. 

Lachlan then skimmed from his computer monitor and analyzed where he was left from his agenda before Akari showed up. He then found out that he has to manage another crisis after a triangular warning alerted on his screen. There was an error regarding his estimation of their agency's customary accumulated account. A group of unknown organizations that planned on attacking their association system area was discovered. But this time, it's a group affiliated with Emil's organization.

"Right? But I escaped through the tiny window in my room that's the exact size of a 6-year-old child," continued Akari who possibly know nothing about the alert. 

Of course, supposedly she should receive reports regarding what has been discovered but then nothing alert was given to her. This made Lachlan apprehend that there's been suspicious happening in the Intel. It could have been that there's a system trying to take down the other organizations connected with the Elites. So he came to a conclusion that the real motive of this unknown organization that has recently been discovered was to target them, only them. 

"No. I mean, you're total nuts," He responded and went back to his work and has a "focused face" mode on.

Despite the appearance of Akari, Lachlan managed to be professional about his work. There may be a lot of distractions that could cause serious peril in their agency, but he stayed his cool and acted like a true Elite.

He immediately contacted the Vice-President of the SIO, Harold Villarosa, and his team, the SIO Secretary, Elton Jay Paras, and his team. They then received an alert signal from their President. Not so long after, they worked in units strategically as planned and went to the Southeast area of their building to execute their strategy. They just need to stop the unknown organization from tracking them since it's not yet part of the plan to destroy them. The last part of their plan was to revive the connection of what they've taken down between the organizations in league with the Elites.

"What? Why? Am I supposed to be locked up in that house forever? No way," complained Akari. 

"Akari. Stop being dumb," yielded Lachlan as he monitored the organization, "Intel's alliance is going to track you and get you back. You should know that. And I'm here right now, getting dragged with your clumsiness." 

"Oh man, that's for you to deal with already. In fact, you're the one who's dumb between us. I came here to deal with something because Headman told me so."

In line with what happened so far, SIO managed to cut the tracking connection as they tried to stop the enemy from proceeding to them. But there's a problem. Conspiracy theories have long centered on government espionage. While fancy microchips and mind-reading devices do not exist, technological advances have made it easier to collect and store user data. So the problem was... there's an error in the service... again.

Despite the current situation, the fact that Lachlan stayed calm doesn't help the error that needed to be fixed. He can't just ask for help on Akari since Akari's fingerprint and carbonated files will just help the unknown organization track her down... forever. This could lead to a great tragedy for the Elites. 

"So?" Lachlan answered Akari.

"So? Hello? It means I'm here to save the day!" She sighed and laid down on the couch while facing in the direction of Lachlan, who's now busy occupying his time with the alliance, "Hey, did you hear it? The crime rates? What is Emil doing these days?"

"Don't come for him. He's one of the worst criminals out there," he replied, "He has contributed to a lot of crimes."

Akari's eyebrows raised as if shocked. It left had her gave no comment. 

She's been gone for so long that she had no idea what her co-Elites do nowadays. She had no idea how they had been, what they were doing, and what's their current situation, their practices, new habits, and such. It's been so long since she had set foot in this country. 

As for Lachlan, he doesn't care what Akari's been feeling since he knew she'd get used to it, as the fourth Elite as she is. Right now, he had to prioritize this first.

Population data, according to government agencies, is critical for national security. The issue is that they do not specify what information they collect and how they collect it. To assume, this unknown organization that has been discovered and planned to attack them must be a government agency. That's also the problem. 

But rest assured. Legislation lags behind technical progress. Most nations have rules that safeguard private correspondence via letters and postcards, but not via emails or text messages. Few laws protect them from government overreach, but they are more concerned with economic and social issues than with digital ones.

Governments can exploit online surveillance techniques to obtain large amounts of data. It's one of the reasons why gadgets contain backdoors for simple third-party access. 

"Trav confronted him recently," Lachlan cut off the silence through his reply.

"Woah. Did he really do that?" Akari was then overwhelmed, and felt like worries had set forth, "For what reason?"

"Heard it was something personal. I don't know exactly the reason."

As Lachlan was trying to figure out how to get rid of their location through the device, the objection was then analyzed. How did this unknown organization track them? He had to figure that out first and then blow them off away through reversing cards. It appeared like they were just tracking their location, not exactly coming at them and attacking directly. That was part of the error.

Akari raised her legs and wiggled them like some kid playing on the couch. "I was informed by the Headman and my Pa to come here days ago. Headman told me something crazy."

"What is it?" Lachlan accidentally turned his gaze on her and then immediately turned back to cover his eyes. His ears turned red and he has lost focus on his current situation. He was flustered by what he saw. Since Akari was wearing a kimono, it slid down and swiftly showed her smooth legs, and that definitely distracted Lachlan.

"He asked me to help him with his job. Did you know about this?" Akari was confused as to why Lachlan was holding his breath and turned his back on her. Akari then came to the conclusion that a guy as innocent as him just showed his weakness. So she teased him even more. She stood up and acted like a seductress.

"Yeah, I know that, of course." Lachlan then realized Akari was about to tease him. So he get a hold of himself and cleared his throat to focus more on his work, "He told me."

That bought Akari so instead of seducing him, she then sat back again on to the couch as if she realized she was just mistaken by Lachlan being flustered because of her a while ago. "Do you know what kind of help he's looking for?"

"I have no idea as well. Just wait for that moment, you will know for sure," calmly replied Lachlan. But deep inside, he was cursing Akari on his mind.

Now back to work. They should fight on three fronts in the struggle for internet privacy. They must keep their personal information safe from hackers, advertising, and government officials. A virtual private network is their greatest line of defense against internet privacy concerns. It was necessary to use a gadget to redirect their internet traffic through a secure tunnel and encrypt their data. 

This contributes to a more anonymous web browsing experience so that prying eyes can't follow what they're doing online. Malicious actors, government agencies, and their Internet Service Provider (ISP) are unable to access their actions or data. That includes him deleting and restoring all the media and their fingerprints.

"By the way. Algos and Woohyun... have you found them?" Akari picked on her nose while making hand gestures as she spoke, "I heard Woohyun's been making appearances way more than Algos. They're both in the same organization, right? But they're working for the same person and that person also works with the Spy Alliance which is totally equal to our organization. And I heard Algos now is handling two associations which he used to be enemies with."

"What? Travis didn't tell you?"

"Uhhh, no?"

"Sigh. I told him to tell you. But yes, we've found them and the Front Group is already monitoring them. Woohyun may be making appearances but that's to confuse us. It also appeared like Algos is scheming something new, especially to the Bihira High students."

As per seeing the current situation that has been officially, almost likely, to be concluded, Lachlan figured that they have two challenges when it comes to discussing the exploits and strategies utilized by government hackers. One reason is that the tactics used by government hackers are kept secret. Second, each country has various motivations for conducting strikes and hence employs diverse techniques.

Privacy was originally seen to be a notion that was widely maintained in many nations, with minor tweaks to rules and regulations made here and there in the service of the greater good. PII, browsing history and website visits, message and email content, online transactions, financial information, medical records and DNA profiles, search engines, and browser plugins. They are only a few of the various methods to be tracked.

"That's cool. I miss them both," Akari slouched on the couch again, "But hey, keep laying low, alright? I heard Algos have filthy associations on his behalf and it involves human trafficking. They might use more people for their own benefit."

"Know that they're not your priority, Akari," replied Lachlan in a hoarse, deep voice. "Leave it to Travis."

He's not done yet with certain processes but at least he managed the SIO's location to keep hidden from the unknown organization. Overall, the work's been accomplished by their agency. No danger at all but they have to keep wary at times. There may be a sudden attack in case.

"But I guess you're gonna handle it tomorrow with Travis that's why he called you," he sighed, slouching on his swivel chair.

"Ah! What a load of crap!" she yelled.

Now that everything has wrapped up, all they had to do now is to know what organization was that earlier. As he tried tracking them down as well, he did get a piece of information about them. But in all uncertainty, Lachlan hoped he'd find that unknown organization as soon as possible to avoid casualties and damages in the future.

"By the way, Lach. Your office smells like shit!"

"Wha-!"

0