CHAPTER 57: In The Narrow Street
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was now currently 10 o'clock in the evening, and in the bar, Clara had just prepared to end her shift to proceed to her other part-time job, which was in the convenience store near their apartment. It's a rigorous schedule for her, but since she's Clara, she can do everything through her determination.

She headed to the staff room and then changed her clothes from bar server to convenience store seller. It may look funny to others when they see her wearing her job uniform in public but she would give no cautiousness at all. If she wore a store apron and that would make people think it seemed hilarious, then those people stand nothing compared to her. People who would mock her for her hard work are nothing more than pests. 

"Bye, sir Filemon! See you tomorrow!" waved Clara, smiling graciously, as she exited the bar.

Her boss, who's the manager of the bar, smiled as he waved goodbye to her. "Bye, Clara. Take care on your way home!"

His name is Filemon Robredo, a 46-year-old man. He has been Clara's boss for almost five years already. He stood as her parent even though this boss of hers appeared to be married and have a family already. Clara reminded him of his daughter who was now working abroad so then, he sometimes took his time to keep an eye on Clara as if she were his daughter. Clara's boss, whom she had known for many years, was also like a father figure to her. She's so thankful to have him as his supervisor and as a parent at the same time. Both are on good terms and felt overwhelmed with each other.

"Will do, sir! You as well!" And so, Clara vanished as she hurriedly paced her way to her next workplace.

"Haa, what a hardworking kid," Clara's boss sighed. 

Little did he know that a guy beside him, also a co-worker of Clara, showed up out of nowhere. As he was holding a broom while leaning into it, he replied, "Yeah, and she is so kind too."

Marcus Mendez, a 17-year-old boy, and a co-worker of Clara for almost 2 years now. He was the singer Clara had joined recently on stage as they performed together before Blake interrupted their performance. Although he's not in the same school as Clara was attending, they both still stood on good terms since they've been co-workers for two years now.

"Hey, you!" Boss Filemon had a mini-heart attack after he saw Marcus suddenly showing up beside him. "Are you done with the plates?!" His heart's beating faster than ever.

Marcus kept a straight face after realizing his boss had not noticed him. It's just funny now that he thought about it. "Ah yes, boss! Right away!" Marcus then rushed inside the bar to continue working. His off time had not yet begun as his night shift had not yet finished.

"Tsk. This kid. Almost had me there." Boss Filemon held his chest while glancing at Marcus who has now vanished from his sight, "Sigh. I pray these youngsters a prosperous life."

• • • • •

In the intersecting street where there existed a bunch of high schoolers walking and having fun as if it were only them because of their too-loud voices, Clara, after she hurriedly passed by the road, forgot to get something in her bag. Apparently, she couldn't see inside her bag since it was already late at night, and the streetlights won't be enough for her to see. Besides that, she's in the intersection street, where she stood in a narrowed area.

"Where is it?" Clara exhaustedly sighed, digging inside her bag as she looked after her notebook where she had to take notes of everything. "Where is my noteb---" 

As luck would have it, she bumped into one of the high schoolers who were enjoying in the street. Not only that, it's a guy whom she had bumped with, with a stiff body yet bouncy muscles. And Clara, unfortunately, lost her balance in no moment because of it. Luckily, she stepped one foot back to regain her balance and felt relieved right then.

"Oh my!" After glancing back at them, Clara discovered the high schoolers were now glaring and felt aggravated by her, especially the guy she had bumped with. Their faces weren't as clear as she had expected, yet she could feel the guy's enraged flaming aura towards her. "I'm so sorry! I apologize! I am sorry!" She bowed countless times in front of them to apologize. 

"Hey!" One high schooler yelled after seeing how enraged the guy became. She's the one who flirted with Blake at the bar earlier, Brielle.

"Who the fuck are you to hit Blake like that, huh?!" Even if it was unintentional, Brielle grabbed Clara's hair with her two hands and pulled it downwards, making it hurt a lot. It was a kind of instinct to attack Clara that way but she crossed the line already.

Poor Clara, on the other hand, tried resisting Brielle's strong grip. But all she could do was apologize again and again. She had no intention to fight back at her. "I-I am sorry! I am so sorry!"

The other friends just watched Brielle physically abusing Clara, though they appeared to be satisfied with what she was doing. So instead of stopping her, they just stood there, enjoying the show. Since no one was watching them other than these high schoolers, Kieffer and Austin decided to record the whole thing with their phone while making fun of Clara. As for Mikaela, she was just chuckling while holding onto Blake's arms. 

Clara sniffed, tears almost streaming down her cheeks while being slapped left and right by Brielle. These high schoolers were unaware that the girl they were harassing attended the same school as them. But even if they knew who she was, they would not pay any attention to her.

"Stop," commanded the guy whom Clara had bumped with. Without hesitating, Brielle instantly ceased tormenting Clara after hearing that command coming from her crush, Blake. She stepped back and was gasping badly, declaring that she got tired after what she did.

"You..." Blake said, taking a step forward with his hands inside his pocket. This made Mikaela let go of Blake's arm, so she pondered even more as to what could be his next move, whether he would humiliate her or maybe, even worse than that. 

Blake hurled daggers at Clara, who was now frantically straightening her hair while tears streamed down her cheeks. At the same moment, she wiped her tears off with her palm. This may be considered the worst night she has ever had. It was just a small blunder yet now she's treated like this.

"I-I... I am sorry!" she sniffed, wiping off her tears while staring down at the ground, "I'm terribly sorry."

She doesn't want to cry so bad yet she couldn't help it. It hurts so much. The way she was treated and the way she was supposed to be not in this position, just hurts. Her body was already tired that she couldn't stand the pain Brielle had given to her. All day, standing and serving people, and now this? What could go so wrong after all she did?

"I really didn't mean that! I was just passing here a-and I guess that was my fault for not seeing you," she gasped, "I'm so sorry! Really! And I am sorry for your friend." She meant Brielle. She was sorry for making Brielle attack her.

The guy who was glaring at her, Blake, just even stared harder at her. Kieffer and Austin, two of Blake's guy friends, waited patiently for the time of what Blake would do in order to get it on video as quickly as possible. Mikaela and Brielle, on the other hand, just crossed their arms and frowned at Clara, whom they believe deserved the treatment.

"Yeah, right," Clara remembered something. She remembered she still had a part-time job. 

After a few moments, Clara smiled sweetly and was back in a good mood after she finished sobbing and thinking about what she had inadvertently done to Blake. She beamed from ear to ear as she looked up at him, who was still glaring at her. It seemed as though all of the negativity had vanished. It was as though she had been recharged despite all those treatments to her.

"As a sign of apology..." she willingly grabbed something out from her apron pocket and showed five candies all in her palm.

"This one is for you..." she cheerfully gave one candy to Blake. 

"... for you..." one candy for Mikaela.

"...for you..." one candy for Brielle who just harassed her. 

"...for you..." one candy for Kieffer who enjoyed filming her getting harassed.

"and... for you," and one candy for Austin who also enjoyed filming the whole thing.

All of them were too stunned to speak after what just happened. They all thought, "What is she doing?" "This crazy, bitch!" "A fucking candy?!" "This girl has gone insane!" "The nerve to do this on me!" It may be impossible for their eyes but it actually happened. This would be counted as their first time being treated like this. Quite unbelievable yet amusing at the same time.

Clara was then glad that they received the candies with their loving palms. For Clara, it's not like they will accept wholeheartedly the candy she gave to them, but at least that would stop the chaos they have caused, and then eventually, she could proceed now to her next part-time job.

"I'm sorry to break it to you but I'm in a hurry!" Clara hustled down to make it in no time since she was busy with her schedule. "Take care, guys! Don't stay out too late, yeah? Your parents will be worried! Bye, bye!" And then she vanished in their eyes.

They all remained riveted to their positions, unable to process what had just happened. They returned their gaze to the candy she had given them before returning their gaze to her fleeing away. Blake was so frustrated that he crushed the candy in his palm into pieces. His friends noticed him appearing so enraged that they imagined what may happen if that girl, Clara, showed up again.

0