CHAPTER 59: High Schoolers In The Narrow Street
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ah, that fucker Travis. I'm really gonna get him!" Zeus furiously thought as he went his way up to the narrow street where Clara used to pass by recently, where she got harassed by some high schoolers.

Zeus noticed that there had no at least a single streetlight that worked perfectly fine. Others he glimpsed were dimming and flickering making the street creepier. Besides this narrow street stood truly two huge factories, one for the other side and one for another, making the street narrower and appearing abandoned. 

Upon observing how crappy he thought the road looked, Zeus then thought, "What a load of crap. The private sector should fix this." 

Since these factories stood as private properties, it's also the duty of the owner to fix at least the streetlights in this area. Usually this kind of place, for sure there had been a lot of people experiencing unbelievably terrible encounters here, especially at night. Then it would be really a serious matter if that's the case.

While ambling consciously forward, Zeus heard reaching voices coming from his facade. He frankly just noticed the source of the voices, probably because he peered so focused on the drawbacks of this area that he paid no attention to the people marching along the path. Despite the unclear vision due to the inadequate lights, Zeus could distinguish these people's faces. The ones whom Clara had encountered earlier were the ones Zeus had identified at this moment, although he had no idea that she faced these high schoolers.

"Ugh. My bodyguards are late. I should ask mom to fire them. They annoy me," voiced one of the high schoolers, Brielle, as their group stepped ahead.

"No! Don't! You shouldn't have called them in the first place! The night's still young, right?" returned Mikaela.

Now that Zeus had taken a few distances apart from the group, he deeply examined their faces as their space gap got closer in each of their steps. The person at the center of the group as ever, Blake. Zeus remembered he stood out as the role model of their batch. 

"This guy is no good. He was always the angel in everyone's eyes, even the teachers and admin look up to him. He's always at the top of the class, the most valuable person on their basketball team, the always-so-good at class, has a relationship with almost all the pretty girls in school, good at contests, everything and all. He's also known as the richest student in the school. Almost a king, he has everything and all. But there is one thing I found he doesn't have. It's his attitude. This Blake used to bully Kyle a long time ago. He would spit and throw books at him, forcing him to eat an insect, toss a boiling candle on his head, and physically abuse him using a steel pipe. I know there's still more but I couldn't articulate them all, they're way too brutal. Since he doesn't want to do it in front of the teachers and the students, he would bully Kyle at the back of the school, where there are really no people roaming around. He's just a devil disguised as an angel.

The next one is the girl on the right side clinging to him, Mikaela. I think she's been the head captain of a cheerleading club since the second grade. She's also a model in a famous company. I already forgot the name of the company where she's working but she's pretty famous. I don't know why he's clinging to Blake now though. Maybe they're together? Because of what I've learned so far, she's using her attitude to get boys, and then use them for money. She also had a relationship once before that ended up tragically. She had cheated. And her lover was so upset about it that he confronted Mikaela. Instead of apologizing to him, Mikaela used her authority to get him expelled from school. She utilized her followers to encourage her, and because she is well-known across the school, she also used her supporters to defend her. She had her attitude and pretended to be in need of assistance in order for others to feel sorry for her. But the truth is, she's not really in the right position to be getting any help from anyone from the very beginning since she's just an abuser and a user. Very likely to Blake who is also disguised as an angel to everyone's eyes.

This girl on Blake's left, also clinging to him, Brielle. This girl used to scam everyone. Well, it's just hilarious to think that the heiress of a shoe company would scam random people for her own benefit. She's rich, I mean everyone in the school is rich. But her target was always the people she thinks are lower than her. In short, she thinks everyone stands lower than her. The nerve. The way she scams just anyone is, I think, kind of stupid and ugly. She has a fake shoe store online, which, of course, doesn't accept cash on delivery because obviously, she's a scammer. It does only accept online payment through the customer's card. The brand she's using for her scheme isn't their shoe brand, it's a competing firm owned by Faith's family. I have no idea as well as to why she keeps clinging to Blake now. Is it for money again? She has put Faith to misery because of her crap. And now what? Why Blake? But I guess, if you try to marry such a wealthy man as Blake, for sure you won't experience any discomfort in life. He has everything. Literally everything.

Now for these two guys, Austin and Kieffer. They're both members of Blake's basketball team. Their group is always active in basketball even from the first grade since it's their team that always qualifies in such school activities. Aside from being good at basketball, Austin is always excellent in science as well, especially in chemistry. No matter what special tests, exams, or contests, in terms of science, he got always perfect scores as a result. I know he's always a genius, like Antoine Lavoisier, a French chemist, and Albert Einstein, a German physicist. Every time the school wants a representative in a science contest, it would always be Austin whom they're going to choose. He competed in different national schools and so, international as well. He became famous because of it and then gain a lot of money too. I mean everyone in our school is famous. But of course, despite his excellency in science, there's a side of him that's so heinous. His mother is a politician and his father is a governor, pretty involved in politics. His parents did a lot of change for the city, but that doesn't mean there's no bad side to their governance. His family would sometimes accept clients who are into syndicates, whether good intent or not as long as they accumulate money from it. And Austin's contribution will be connecting to other clients, which are the students in school. He would help his parents attain a lot of clients, whether they would ask someone to be killed, have someone fall into debt, kidnap someone for ransom, anything. Good intentions or not, as long as they earn money from it. 

For the last guy, Kieffer. Well, he always acts dumb in school, but only in students' eyes. The school doesn't allow students with low grades, so instead of playing dumb, Kieffer would give his best at least during exams. Teachers, admins, students... sometimes they don't get how can a guy as dumb as he would pass every exam. Not only that, but he only got one to two wrongs on every test. Well, at least he proved himself that he's also focusing on his studies. His family runs a famous restaurant in Italy, England, and France and yes, he's so damn rich. Since he's good at basketball sport, he's excellent at soccer as well. The only thing that makes me hate him is that he's running a gang. A gang that would destroy lands and properties of needy people. Yes, he acts all dumb and stupid in school but when it comes outside to school, he's a monster of degrading, abusing, and manipulating people in other academies. He would randomly visit other students' houses and make them beg for him, then snatch their money. His gang would do that and he's the leader. Pretty disgrace.

What are they doing in here? They're rather rich and yet they're in this silent, dark, and narrow street. Are they going to take the route at the end of this intersection? Or are they going to go to another bar? Well, there's a mall if they go straight along that crosswalk I just crossed. Ahh, I don't care."

As Zeus put his hands in his pockets upon passing by them, he stepped on the candy wrappers exhibited on the ground. He figured out how nasty these things were, blatantly displayed on the road. Not only that, Zeus thought about who ate these candies. Why were they just throwing it on this highway? Well, he doesn't care and then proceeded to his path toward the school.

The school's location was nowhere far if Zeus would take another street as his route. Knowing those high schoolers he had just passed by, Zeus then realized maybe the five of them went to this bar that he knew since it's the only lively and loud bar not far from their school. Just by seeing their outfits as well, no wonder they're dressed like that. That meant they went to have some fun, according to Zeus.

Now that he remembered he was furious with Travis, he then changed his facial expression from straight and blank to enraged and pitied. That 203 billion on his mother's bank account would not only make their lives feel better and be less into problems but would also prosper them forever until death. It's like Travis was trying to buy them---according to Zeus.

Bihira International High is a private area and a private school. Zeus, when he got his feet landed in the front of their school, he remembered how he first stepped on this ground. He knew he was just relying on scholarship and his family's money when he moved in here. Just like the high schoolers that he recognized in the street lately, Zeus also used to have a behavior like them. He never knew everything changed when he got into that class. He never knew his life had changed after he was being discriminated against because his family had become poor. But, he seemed not to apprehend their school. Nobody deserves to be treated differently because of who they are or what they believe. 

Just like before, their gate has always been so gigantic and welcoming. Royalty and luxury at its finest, huh. It's been so long since he stepped in front of this gate. Ever since he's transferred to Class 11-5, they're not allowed to enter using this gate, they were to enter using the abandoned door at the back of this institution. Zeus had reminisced the days when he was still able to have fun, free from discrimination, to this ground. All of it went into ashes after that CEO declared his fate. Well, what would he expect from a school run by CEO Algos. They're so damn rich, even the company the CEO had handled, but their philosophy and manners... 

After Zeus noticed a shining black car parked beside the gate. He thought that maybe it was the guard's car or something so that he could ask if it would be all right to come inside the school. But then he remembered he was precisely prohibited to communicate with staff, teachers, and students. He and his classmates were forced not to converse with them, so then he hesitated in stepping forward. 

But as soon as he kept taking a slow step ahead, he noticed a man standing, facing the ground, and leaning against the thick wall that sustained the gate of their school. The man kept his left hand inside his pocket and seemed smiling, closing his eyes. He's wearing a black suit with a brown necktie paired with newly polished black shoes. Zeus then thought that this man appeared like he was about to attend a funeral or something because he held a bouquet of flowers in his right hand.

Zeus then recognized the face of the man after scanning him thoroughly. His face changed from inquisitive to sore and roughly voiced, "You..."

The man then lifted up his head, graciously smiling ear to ear, and then glanced at Zeus. "Oh? You're here, my dear Zeus," he seemed excited to see Zeus as if he were posing and waiting like that for a long time. 

"Why are you here?" Zeus frowned.

The man, which was Travis, cheerfully moved forward to his car and opened the passenger seat's door to let Zeus in. "I've been waiting for you."

0