CHAPTER 60: Mixed Emotions
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Come with me," invited Travis, graciously smiling.

Zeus came to a halt, unable to move in his spot. "Why did you do that?" he frowned with him controlling his rage but a clenching fist, determining that it had not yet the time to clamor a cry at Travis.

"Hmm? Did what, honey?" holding still the front door, Travis acted unaware yet he knew what Zeus meant. He held no intention to mock his student, he just wanted for him to be specific since there could be a possibility in which he might be wrong.

"Stop bullshitting me! Why did you do it?!" Zeus couldn't retain his rage any longer and strode forward to smack Travis' face with his clutching hand. It was too violent that Travis lose his balance and alleviate his hold on the front door he clutched only for Zeus. But as attentive as he was, he trekked his feet behind to regain balance.

Travis, despite being punched, maintained his proportion and of course, his genuine smile. It might be excessively fierce that his cheek became red in less than three seconds, but he still faced Zeus with a calming expression.

Yet as soon as Zeus met gaze with Travis, he advanced with gritting teeth and drove aggressively his teacher's chest. Pressing him was an impulsive act. Snarling like a vengeful beast, Zeus seized his collar upon hysterically meeting his teacher's eyes. He despised the thought of progressively softening for this teacher he once loathed. He despised the idea that there was a place in his heart where he felt sympathy for assaulting the teacher who had saved his life many times.

This teacher's first day in their classroom was then recalled in his mind. He also shoved and strangled this teacher, as if he was trying to murder him in wrath. He felt the desire to kill him that time, but he couldn't do it. The same thing happened only now. Zeus felt this hatred before he needed to find Travis, regardless of the fact that he had taken the trouble to walk on his feet that distance simply to confront his teacher.

"My dear, calm down, it's bad for your health," warming words came from his teacher's mouth. "Why don't we sit down and talk this out?" calmly said Travis and patted Zeus's shoulder three times. It's as if Travis understood Zeus's feelings deep down, what he felt and what his intentions were, and that might be the reason why he was so careful with his choice of words and actions.

"This again. Not this again," Zeus thought as he bit by bit loosened his grip on Travis's collar, realizing how vastly offensive he had done to this teacher, "That heartwarming and calming voice paired even with such precious words... how can I convey sore at you if you emit like that? So unfair. Such unsportsmanlike!"

Upon Zeus releasing his clasp on Travis's collar, he stared down at the ground, deliberating what he had just done. After realizing Zeus had calmed down, Travis muttered, "Okay, that's right, my Zeus." He then returned to his car, encouraging Zeus again to get in with his hand on his abdomen just like what a royal butler would do to his master as a loyal servant. 

"Where are we going?" Zeus questioned, returning his glance to Travis. When he observed his teacher bending, although he had done this several times, Zeus felt it was strange for a teacher like him to act as if he were a lowly servant with no indication of openly ridiculing his students. 

"Just follow me, dear," Travis replied, softly simpered.

"Why don't we just chat here?"

"It's freezing outside, my dear. Let's look for a comfortable spot to continue. I can guarantee you that if something turns out badly for you, I will be held accountable."

That was nothing to be regarded about, according to Zeus, yet he continued and went inside the automobile, scowling. Travis' words had duped him. Furthermore, why would he spend his time not riding in this vehicle when it is one of the most expensive cars in the world, a BMW? Not to mention, the seat was so nice that he wished he could sleep in it forever. Despite the experience, Zeus grimaced and chose to suppress his sentiments, despite knowing that deep down, he longed to jump into happiness.

It's been so long since he last rode this type of vehicle. They had a car similar to this one, but they stopped using it after Zeus' mother chose to sell it when they were desperate for money when the company got bankrupt. Regarding the car insurance, Isabella, Zeus' mother, did not have to cancel it and start over after vending the car. The insurer just transferred the policy to the new car owner and issued a new certificate of insurance. That's how they managed in living---through the money from the car they sold.

After a while, Travis opened the driver seat's front door, put the flower he was holding in the back seat, and instantly started the engine. Before he started maneuvering, he took the time to cool down first and then wait for the vehicle to be ready. As he gladly diverted his peer to Zeus, Travis noticed that his student hadn't yet modeled his seatbelt. And so, Travis politely reminded him to have his seatbelt on before they would start advancing. Now that he implied Zeus about it, his student just seemed to ignore him. He simply crossed his arms and looked outside through the window beside him, still withering. 

Travis merely sighed, observing his student. Afterward, he leaned closer to the steering wheel and pushed a certain button there. When Zeus wondered why Travis hadn't yet started driving, he turned to glance at him and was found dumbfounded about what he just witnessed after seeing Travis pressing a particular button. He almost jumped on his seat after an average-sized tray came out from the glove compartment.

"Have some tea," expressed Travis as he offered a cup of hot tea to his student. 

As for Zeus, he was left aghast, plowing himself onto the car door, unable to grasp a word. It was the first time he had seen such a mechanism. How on earth did that work? They had a car just like this, a BMW, and yet this one has cool automation he had never undergone before. 

"Now that I think about it, there's also that old man with a grand car. And I think Mortal knows that man because they seemed so close as well. The old man gave us scrumptious bread and something coming from inside the car or whatever... a car that has clever machinery! What kind of man is this Travis! How the heck did he have this type of car?! Just how rich is this guy?!" Zeus intensely brooded as he attempted to obtain the tea Travis had given to him.

Not so long after, Travis singly beamed and then started driving after handling Zeus the newly brewed tea. It was a pleasure for someone like his student to accept the cup of tea without any suspicion. Or maybe Zeus just forgot to check the tea whether the tea contained strange ingredients or not? But even so, there were no eccentric elements in there whatsoever. What kind of teacher would harm his students?

Zeus then conceded that Travis's habit of driving hones the ambiance inside the vehicle. Just as composed, as gentle, as a kindle, and as kind as he was, Zeus thought that his teacher's innate essence mirrored in the way he managed the car and his grip on the steering wheel. It's all so serene and soothing following the streetlights, the sleeping city, the moonlight, and the silent streets on their way.

As he was done sipping his tea, he put it back in the tray right at the glove compartment portion and it automatically closed after then. Flabbergasted as he was, he managed to straighten his facial expression and avoided eye contact with Travis. As for Travis, he supposed that Zeus really was a kind kid no matter what countenance he may display. He's so scornful about it.

"Hmm," Zeus thought, staring outside the window while placing his hand supporting his chin below, "Pertaining the matter at hand, Travis did really a lot of things... not just for me but for my classmates as well. He went into all of those troubles to save me from that person who stabbed me. I have no idea as to how did Travis found me but I guess, I should be thankful, at least? Right, I haven't said "Thank you" to him even once. I'm sure he's aware of the history of our classroom but despite that, he still chose to be with us. Is that a good thing? Is that why he remade our classroom overly much because he knows what we feel? Uhh, well. That might be a good thing... But yeah, I guess, he's reliable and all... pretty different from our school teachers."

Out of nowhere, Zeus grabbed the seatbelt and sported it on. As Travis noticed what his student had just accomplished, he felt the warmth of the idea that Zeus might be trying to gesture some kindness to him as his teacher. That simple thing made Travis feel appreciated and welcomed.

Sighing, Zeus thought, "I don't know if we are just lucky or just enjoying this too hard. All of what he had done to us is already enough. The 203 billion worth of money, hospital bills when I was hospitalized, this car, the budget in all just to change the classroom and the grounds, and the bag that the guy a week ago was carrying which contains lots of cash... I don't know why but what the heck? How is he so damn rich? I heard that the money whom that guy... ahh what's he called again? Was it Calix? I heard that the cash from that bag is for Victor's gambled money. Oh yeah, I remember now. I have no idea who won but I guess, they won? That's why the classroom changed a lot? Is that how Travis got the funding in total? Ahh! My head's going to explode if I keep presuming about this."

Zeus kept overthinking through and through and it's all connected to Travis. But then again, he was pretty grateful to him. The only problem he was facing now could be, "How do I express my gratitude to this teacher?" 

After the car turned left, Travis asked without glancing at Zeus, "So, how's your stomach? Does it still hurt?" Travis got concerned about that incident that happened days ago. He might still be in need of medication for that terrible deep wound he had gone through.

"Nope, I'm fine now. I even walked from our home up to the school just to find and confront you," Zeus responded, still glued his eyes on the window.

"Oh. That's good then. If you want something from me, just ask me right away, okay?" Travis added.

"Tsk," Zeus scoffed, and he thought, pouring, "Whatever, dude. Richman nowadays. Just how the heck would he handle everything? If I asked him to jump over the bridge, would he jump off? Ridiculous. It is better to stop being a "one call away friend" rather than being all goody-goody in front of me. What would you gain? You will gain nothing!" Zeus took a deep breath and settled down, "Sigh. Well, if only I could say these words out loud... I hope he will stop bothering us and just focus on himself."

"Oh, we're finally here."

After he heard Travis, Zeus then stopped staring at the window and turned his head to look in front of the car. What he saw in front of him was nowhere good news for him. Lost for words as he was, Zeus felt a tremor down his spine upon witnessing the location where they've driven to. He felt all the shivers. His heart beating fast as if he wanted to puke out of spite. Unable to hear, speak or breathe, Zeus suddenly reminisced all the tormenting, shattered memories years ago that he had no idea he was sweating too much.

Of all the places why this?! He had no idea! He had no idea!

Stopping the car engine, Travis grinned, "You know this place?" 

0