Chapter 9 – Pampering yourself with food
1.1k 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

" What can be luckier then to enjoy mouth watering dishes in a place where there is lack of even a decent hot meal. She tried to be positive.

As Achara want to savour the taste of hot spicy dish, she decided to make laab, a spicy meat salad that complimented with white rice. If she was in her previous life, she would use pork, but here there's boar , which is even better. First, Achara mixed the sliced meat with lemon and pepper to melt in the flavour. Then, she cook meat, adding palm sugar with oil. This action enleash the savoury smell of the meat to spread to the surrounding. "I can't wait to eat " Achara breath in the aroma and commented. After the meat was cooked, she mixed the cooked meat with chopped onions, cintratro, mint, chilli and lastly rice powder.

Today happen to be a windy day, coincidentally, the wind blow towards the south, ending the aroma of her dishes toward the raccoon beastmen who were passing by.

"Wow, what is this smell, it's smell so delicious".

Another one of Achara's choice is Yum Pla Dook Foo. A recipe that pairs with cripsy fried catfish and green mango salad.

Catfish taste sweet,mild and moist and green mango is the mango which has'nt ripped and adds a crunchy, tangy and slightly nutty taste to the salad. She carefully remove all the good fleshy meaty part of the cat fish to fry it with boiling oil. While frying ,she sliced the unripped green mango into long thin slices just to blend it with vegetable oil, onion , garlic , cintanto leaf and roots resulting it to a salad.

Achara was in her happy fantasy to savour her favourite food. Her concentration was fully on cooking.She never dream that just her cooking aroma of her dishes have reach outside to these raccoon beastmen nearby enough to salivate and go hungry for the unknown delicious smell. 

Today,she sucessfully fished fresh crab meat from the river nearby given her the opportunity make a omelette with soft crab meat. She cracked the eggs into a bowl and mixed it adding some fish sauce to improve the flavour . She then fried the egg and put the soft crab meat while frying. After that pour mixed egg again on the crab meat to cover . 

The Raccoon beastmen were on their way to hunt but today, they take the shortcut and were a little bit lost . Don't know if they are lucky or not because they are stuck between aroma trap set by Achara. It a blessing to smell it but you could only smell and not eat it.

" smell so good, i am hungry. One of the beastmen stated. As this is not their territory it would not be a good idea to roam around. " How I wish I could go and eat whatever that food of that aroma is"

The last dish is called Tom kha , a well known soup in thailand. She cannot wrong herself by eating rice dryly without soup of course.

There 's barely chicken in this beast world and she had to make do with a turkey instead. " Well, i guess turkey will do too" she shrugged. She sliced the soft turkey meat into a smaller size. Then she pour, turkey stock to the fire pot. When the heat is just right, she added the already pounded lemongrass, kalanga, red onion to further improve the flavour. In addition she also does not forgot to plus fish sauce, sugar to mantain the sweet- sour taste. Coconut milk was also a must to contribute for Tom Kha, thus she pour it when in medium heat. Last, but not least, Achara throw the sliced tomatoes, mushroom, lime leave, chilli,onion and cilantro in the last minutes as vegetable is easily boiled unlike the meat which prevent the vegetables from over boiling. When the soup is almost done, she squeezed the juicy acidic lime to the soup according to her taste.

Achara feel like this is not enough "Well, something is definately missing, Ahh , shrimp paste!! how could i forgot that ". Fortunately She already make shrimp paste freshly today. All she do was to fried a fish and added some boiled vegetables to pair with the shrimp paste.

She smiled a satisfied smile after cooking all of this. Now it time to savour her fruits of labour." All Done!! Time to enjoy my cooking" she wash her hands, scope some rice into a bowl and savour alone by herself. Right now she have long forgotten the existance of her god father who she plan to share her food . 

She picked up laab and with its crunchy texture due to the rice powder and the fresh mint mixed within it give a refreshing flavour that complimented with the peppery spicy effect of the chilli. "mmm" 

The green mango salad taste sour, hot and salty with a slight sweetness at the end. It is awesome if taste together with crisy catfish that had just warmly fried.

The fried egg was thick and tender with its golden outer color and can taste flavour of soft crab meat inside it. 

She was so immense in eating that she forgot to left it for her adopted father then eat it all."Hmmp, I though i forgot something , what did i forgot? Nah, maybe i am too guarded these days" 

Next , she continue to take a slip of tom kha soup while it is still hot sending warmth from her throat down to her stomach with it sour, spicy flavor. " Just perfect." 

While she was almost done with the eating she heard a knock on the front. " 

"Damn it! Who might it be at this time of the day." she sigh in frustration. She quickly disguise herself as a boy, then with her perfect smiles open the door. " The moment she see who the person was in the front, her eyes widen and she slammed the door shut. " Oh no ! " she shouted inside her mind with a panic expression.

11