Chapter 42- Spying the enemy tunnel
211 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark witch had put a barrier spell on the tunnel. Any outsider who entered the tunnel would alert him because of it. Unknown to this, Rui had crossed that line and activated the barrier spell.

The moment Rui entered the tunnel, the dark witch could sense the signal in his head. The dark witch's eyes widen with alert. "Intruder!" the dark witch muttered.

Trex who was beside the dark witch asked, "What wrong? The dark witch then looked at Trex. "You need to hurry."

Rui had a bad feeling since he entered this tunnel but he choosed to ignore it. Instead he focused on his initial intention and keep going.

Rui who used his shadow element power was able to avoid the guard perfectly. Contrary to his expectation, there were no traps inside the tunnel.

He checked whether there was any tunnel path built near a tribe for ambush purpose. But there were none. It was like there was no indication of venturing near any other tribe from the start.

"Was their intention just to gather these scent concealing leaves?" Rui thought. Rui suddenly hide when he heard the sounds footsteps.

Two guard walked while they were on inspection round. As they walked, they had a conversation.

"Man, I thought that our job is to gather the scent concealing leaves during the day but now we also have to guard this place at night because of what is behind that door. I wish I could rest." The first guard complained. "I wonder what is inside for them to guard and alert so much?" He continued.

"I don't know either. But one thing is for sure. It must be very important." The second guard answered.

"Just what is behind that creepy door? Have anyone been there?", The first guard could not hide his curiosity.

"Never mind that. It is not our job anyway." The second feral guard look at the surroundings and said, "mind your words a bit here."

"Whats wrong? No one is going to hear anyway." The first guard shrugged.

As they go further, so was their voice.

"Something important?" Rui mumbled. He decided to find out about this.

Meanwhile, Achara was being a good girl and stayed quietly. However, it was so boring for her to wait. So, from time to time, she peeked at the lazy guard who were kind of sleeping at the entrance. Taking ready-made dry snack dry from her bag pack, she took a few of them and munch it into her mouth.

When she peeked at the entrance of the tunnel, she saw Trex, her long lost enemy," What is he doing here?" Achara whispered. Achara continued to observed the situation.

Trex finally arrived at the entrance of the tunnel along with his man. Seeing the crocodile beast man, the one in charge of guarding the tunnel was sleeping, Trex was pissed off. He kicked his ass and the crocodile beast man fell to the ground and woke up.

The crocodile beast man who was forcefully awoken by the attack of Trex , cursed "which ungrateful asshole did ..", when he saw Trex, he stopped his words . He looked at Trex again to confirm his vision. After realizing who it was, he became sober. Trex was one of the head leaders in the feral army.

"Oh, Sir, what make you come here in the middle of the night?", The crocodile beast man asked.

He got another slap from Trex, "You useless thing, still sleeping and ignorant of the things. Do you know that an intruder has come to his tunnel?"

"Huh?" The crocodile beast man answered dumbly while holding his slapped cheek like an a little innocent housemaid.

The crocodile beast man did not dare to say he didn't know.

"Forgive me. It was my false.
I will find the intruder right away."

To avoid the wrath of Trex, the crocodile beast man  hurriedly woke up his subordinates and kicked them while they are sleeping. "Everybody wakes up! There is an intruder. What are you still doing? Quickly go and find them. " The crocodile beast man even cursed his subordinate for being slow. Honestly, he was the one who gave permission to let them sleep. The guard who were sleeping before began to do their job and searched for the intruder around the tunnel.

Trex intuition told him that something was inside the tunnel. Something he should be  aware of. So, Trex entered the tunnel himself.

At last, Rui found the place where the two feral guard discussed about. He saw a big door with skull sculpture and there were some guards guarding the area. The destination was quite a long distance, Besides, he had to avoid the guard so it takes more time.

Combining shadow and thunder skills, he knocked down each feral guard one by one. He used shadow to concealed his existence and thunder for attack and quick reflex. Finally, Rui was able to defeat and knocked down all the guard guarding the door.

He touched the handle and thought. "This is the place where it contains an important thing for the feral leader. What can it be?" Just as he was about to open it, Rui heard a voice. Alerted by the sound, Rui quickly hide.

When Trex came in, he saw all the feral are already knocked off. Trex became serious and looked at the door. Trex then examined the door and saw the lock was still there. This indicate that the door had not open by anyone yet. Trex was able to calm a bit.

Trex then sensed someone was there and throw a dagger. But Rui avoided perfectly. Trex then asked, "Who is there?"
Instead of the answer from Rui, Trex got silent. There were no answered. It was like talking to the void air.

Rui continued to hide and be quiet. Then suddenly, one of Trex subordinate kneeled him and told that there was a fire outside. Trex was worried. As he was about to went out, he stopped his steps. He turned back and went toward the door. Remembering the words from the dark witches, he mumbled a spell and was able to set a barrier to ensure locking it more strongly and also set an alarm bell notice.

Then Trex went with his subordinate.

Rui looked one last time at the door and decided to depart. Although curious, this was not the rime. He decided to escape first.

.................................................

Updated on 11th May 2023

2