chapter 1 – [fall of an angel]
75 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

His descent was quick. His visage blinked in and out of existence.

The dark skies contrasted with his pure appearance. He once again flickered out of existence, only to end up in a heap of trash. His neatly groomed wings were bent out of shape and covered with soot. His frosty white hair dyed into a pink colour.

His clothes bloomed into a mismatched array of clothing accessories that miraculously worked together. His eyes flickered open, his right socket held nothing inside. Even though his face was plastered with dirt and soot, it didn’t help to cover his delicate beauty.

Erelim clambered to his feet but was quickly sent back down. The ache in his body grew even more apparent as time passed by. Deciding on not continuing to struggle, he collapsed onto his back.

He stared blankly at the stars. They stared back. 

Erelim felt as if he were slowly sinking deeper and deeper into the trash, becoming one. 

G~grrowl

The stomach protested in rejection. He slid his hand over his belly to comfort it. Laying back down, he sighed in defeat. He knew he needed to do something, but nothing came to mind. His mind danced across the edges of his head, causing it to throb.

The stars were slowly eclipsed by dawn. Sighing again, his stomach growled loudly. Erelim knew that he did not need to eat but his instincts were begging for something to be consumed.

Ah.

He had just realised. He didn't have any memories. Rubbing his chin, he pondered about but interrupted again by his prowling stomach; he was aware that if he didn't quickly approach this problem, he himself would be consumed by something. 

His hands clawed at the peeking trash piles to pick himself up, although it caused some of the rubbish to clatter around, causing the creation of loud noises. Surveying his surroundings, only piles of trash and a path were visible. Although the path looked close to his current location, the height wasn't the most ideal.

Knowing if he were to drop from his current location, it would cause the breaking of many bones. But something inside of him told him otherwise. Following that feeling, he retreated backwards and readied himself. 

Erelim ran as fast as he can and leaped at the edge. His arms flailed in an attempt at grabbing the nearest thing to him. The cool winds swept past his face as he slowly grew closer to ground. Closing his eyes in defeat, he awaited his impeding doom.

Swish!

A loud swish cut through the wind, taking away his attention. Opening his eyes in surprise, his eyes looked around. The ground, which was inches away from his face, was far below his feet.

He slowly turned to look behind him, only to see what he had least expected. 

Wings. Pure white feathers intricately woven together. Each of their positions signified a meaning specifically for an Angel. Thats when it hit him.

He was an Angel. Sent down to complete a mission; find his beloved!

How could he possibly forget! It was such an offense on his side that he was completely disappointed in himself. 

Closing his eyes, he calmly assessed his wrongdoings and swore to fix them immediately. Erelim's calm face was largely contrasted with his wings happily flapping around. 

Opening them back up, he realised he was still in the air floating. Quickly soaring down to the ground,  he hid his large wings away. He truly hoped no one had seen him up there. Exhaling with exhaustion, he strolled along the paved pathway.

Whilst he dwelled on his thoughts, he hadn't realised that every second from him standing up to him calmly soaring through the air was observed by the unknown bystander.


Stretching his sore joints, he arrived at some busy streets. The people loitering around the streets were dressed in an unusual array of clothing compared to the pure colours of white and gold he had been so used to. Looking around the weird stores, something attracted his eyes. 

His hair fluttered around in the breeze, without knowing how his appearance had already attracted the attention of many for his outstanding appearance. His interlocked hands played with each other.

Erelim's stomach prattled on about how it was hungry. Deciding now was better time to eat something, he looked around to set his sights on his next target. He roamed around aimlessly until he landed near a deserted alley. Across the streets were lined with abandoned or empty stores. But as if fate had blessed him.

An eyepatch, just sitting on the desk of a deserted store.

He knew that an eye socket without an eye wasn't the most normal thing a human would come upon. Swiftly looking around, he lifted his shirt; the stomach slit open, his flesh ripped apart to reveal a grotesque mouth to appear in its place. "Good boy! Get that eyepatch for mummy!" And it did quickly. Its tongue flew out of its resting place and snatched the eyepatch.

Pulling his shirt down, he patted the creases over until they were neat. His eye abruptly widened in surprise as an unnoticeable expression appeared, but was promptly concealed .

He heard heavy breathing behind him. Twisting around, he exclaimed in shock at how many of them there were. "What ya doing, here little lady? Y'know these parts aren't for someone as delicate as yourself." A man with a muscly physique strutted up to him. The man's hands were stuffed into his pockets, shuffling around as if looking for something.

Erelim leaned forwards and tilted his head to side in puzzlement. "Huh? But I'm not a lady!" He pouted in annoyance, but it only came out cutely, "Plus I'm definitely not that delicate, I can take care of myself!" He tried to walk past them, but one of the man's goon grasped his wrist.

An unfathomable expression plastered itself on Erelim's face, but it was concealed quickly with a pitiful expression. "Ow! Sir, please stop, it hurts!" Tears rolled across his cheeks, giving him such an innocent look.

The goons dragged them deeper into the shadows of the street. The howls of frenzied dogs echoed. Wails and moans of the lying around hookers littered the streets. Erelim shivered in fright as he was dragged past the decrepit scenery.

He was led to an abandoned warehouse. The frosty breeze of air whistled loudly. The windows were on their last hinges, causing them to squeak eerily.

"Little master, won't you service us? Our little brothers have been feeling a little lonely!" The large man, who he assumed was the leader, said as he grabbed at his junk

"Mmm... Fine! Mine has been feeling a little lonely too." Erelim rubbed his stomach in a slow rhythm; his head was tilting downwards, so no one could see the look on his face. The goons were surprised into a stupor, but the leader was still confidently smiling.

"Sirs. Won't you feed my ravenous stomach?" His head flipped upwards, his eyepatch peeled off revealing his hollow eye socket. A wicked grin climbed its way onto his face.

The ravenous beast was unleashed.

5