chapter 2 – [the unknown bystander]
47 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Harrowing screams of terror that erupted in the warehouse. 

Sounds of mangled bodies being splattering across the walls resounded across the metal walls. Its black tongue tore apart limbs from limbs mercilessly like a child. Maniacal laughter accompanied the slaughter of the ruffians.

It came to a halt when Erelim strolled out of the blood-soaked warehouse. His tongue licked the slither of blood smothered at the corner of his cheek. He quirked a cheerful smile and skipped happily.

Rubbing his stomach, it rumbled in glee in response to his action. He walked past the desolate back alleys. Few people lingered on the streets during daytime. 'Maybe it's a local thing?'  He thought. 

Waiting for the stomach to digest, he strolled into an abandoned park.

The rustling of the leaves and the swaying of swings created a serene scenery fit for a perfect time to sit down and reflect on a person's actions. And to digest the fresh corpses of delinquents.

Sighing in relief, he relaxed a bit, but his breath hitched. Erelim whipped his head backwards; behind him, a lonely forest was the only thing visible. His eyes pierced through the wavering shadows. 

"Hmm~ Won't you come out?" Erelim's soft voice carried a hint of bloodlust that even he himself hadn't noticed.

"Eep!" An unusual noise flew from the depths of the forest. Erelim jumped to his feet and ambled into the forest. His figure was largely contrasting with the eerie atmosphere of the forest. 

The unknown bystander clasped at their mouth and quietly observed Erelim, but he saw he no one there. "BOO!" Erelim spooked the bystander. The bystander's appearance grew pale and fainted.

"Oopsie!" Erelim knocked on his head and stuck his tongue out in a silly manner. Looking carefully at the fainted person, his eyes grew wider with surprise.

Taking in his looks, he could deduce a few things: he's really handsome! 

His glossy black hair, the perfect the glasses that frame his face. And the fresh scent of blood at the corner of his lips was so seductive. 

Erelim was practically ecstatic at finding him. His beloved! 


Erelim calmly stared at the bystander with beaming eyes. They were filled with devotion and indulgence in his eyes. "You must be my..." The rest of his words were inaudible.

The bystander shook around. Erelim looked carefully over at him. He clasped his hands together in a sign of prayer. The bystander slowly peeked out and stared directly into Erelim's eyes - well, an eye and empty socket. He almost fainted at the sight.

Erelim seized his shoulders and shook him harshly. "Please don't faint again! Dragging you here was difficult enough, actually it wasn't, but still please don't!" Erelim pouted.

He grasped the sweat palms of Mr. Bystander and tightly squeezed them. "My name is Erelim and, ugh... that's all I remember. Oh yeah! Meet It. It's been rumbling on about how it really wants to meet you!"

Erelim lifted the hem of his shirt, and slimy tongue emerged out. It licked Mr. Bystander's hand lovingly, but was pulled back by Erelim. "Hey! I haven't even been able to hug him yet!" He sternly talked down to it. "Ah! I haven't even asked for you name!"

Mr. Bystander had his mouth open wide in awe and fear. "Ugh- It's Kawasaki Shuji, please to make your acquaintance. What is your name?" He pushed the bridge of his glasses upward and stared into Erelim's eyes.

"Eh! I already said my name is Erelim! E-R-E-L-I-M!" He stared at Shuji menacingly. 

"I mean- ugh... Is that your actual name?" Shuji stared questioningly at him. His fingers played with each other as he awaited a response.

"Hmm? What other name could I have? Erelim is Erelim!" He proudly shouted. It (The Stomach) also growled in agreement. He pumped his fist in the air.

"O-okay! But, uh, where exactly are we?" Shuji shivered and slowly noticed the odd surroundings. The more it settled in, the more frightened he became.

"These are the trash heaps!" Shuji abruptly stood up, but the ground underneath him wavered. "Shuji! Don't move carelessly!" Erelim shouted out, but it was already too late. The tall piles of rubbish fell down rapidly, dragging Shuji into the mess, too. 

His pant leg was caught on one of the sharper pieces of trash and was tugging at him. Eventually it won.

He slid on the descending trash piles, each collapsing quicker than the next. Shuji knew he was done for; he covered his eyes in acceptance. Awaiting the impact-

Nothing came, but the cutting of air next to his ears was brought to his attention. Wearily opening his eyes, he was greeted with the view of the bright lights of the city and below him a collapsed wreckage of junk. Staring upward, another bizarre sight greeted him.

Erelim had his wings gloriously spread out as he held Tomio by the arms. "Phew! Thought I would lose you!" Soaring down to the nearest solid ground, Erelim watched Shuji assess the current situation.

"I-I, you had wings! Like Angel-type wings!" Shuji flapped his hands to mimic a bird. His forehead was caked with sweat. Perverted thoughts leaked its way into Erelim's head, but they were quickly swept away.

"It's because I'm an Angel!" Erelim pointed his nose into the air, making him look snooty. His aura made him look like a proud young master.

"I-I saw you earlier in the trash heap! You were swooping down, then went straight into the air, then disappeared." Shuji explained in vague details. Erelim's facial expression grew paler as Shuji rattled on.

"Y-You saw me? Flying?" His index finger shakily pointed at him.

"I believe so..." Shuji slowly came to realise he may have become a slight inconvenience for Erelim. "But I just saw you flying now?" 

"Ugh, you're right! You're so lucky you are my beloved else I'd have to slaughter you!" He dramatically said, but the expression in his eye told Tomio that he was dead serious about his threat.

Tomio gulped a large lump in his throat. "Um, what exactly does being your beloved entail?" Tomio hesitantly asked. Erelim merely smiled mysteriously, the meaning behind it unfathomable.

Erelim directly ignored the question and immediately went to asking: "Can I call you Shu? I think it's cuter this way!" His eyes filled with self-righteousness. Shuji's eyes widened in astonishment. But instantly conceded, "Mhm. I'd like that a lot."

Erelim giggled contentedly. He fell into Shuji's lap and nestled deeply into it. "Shuji, pinky promise that you'll be here with me forever?"

"En, sure!" Shuji held out his pinky, and Erelim quickly hooked his pinky together and shook on it. Smiling contently, his eyes felt heavier than usual. Slowly, the cozy night put him to sleep.

But who knew that just this pinky promise would cause Shuji and Erelim to be entwined together for eternity through thick and thin.

2