Prologue
1.5k 12 47
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Prologue:

I pick up the phone that has been ringing for quite some time now. I pick it up to hear an apologetic voice. 

"I'm sorry Mr.Hudson, We can't deliver your ordered food today. We have some problems at delivering today" said the voice. I recognized it immediately. It was Mr.Gustaf, the manager of the Swedish restaurant. I usually order my food there. I sighed. I've been ordering in this restaurant for 15 long years and never have they done this. So I can't exactly complain. I said "It's fine Gustaf, I'll come and pick it up" as I searched for my wallet. I hung the phone as I stepped out of the house. It's been 15 years since I stepped out of my house. My name is Jared Hudson. I'm a 37-year-old author more specifically a web novelist. That's my only source of income. My parents died when I was 21 and my relatives abandoned me but I wasn't sad after all I can throw my responsibilities to them away. So for everything I ordered online, from medicines to food and rent. I had just enough to live a satisfying life until today, "Oh God, why is the shop so far?" I screamed in frustration while everyone saw me strangely. 

A million years or so later, I reached his shop and got my lunch. Now I have to go back. Shit. I was walking slowly in my thoughts. I didn't give enough attention to my surroundings. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain below my ribs as breathing became hard. It was so sudden that I was startled and went into the roadway. I didn't have enough time to look at the person who stabbed me as a truck was coming my way with bold letters at its front 'Truck-kun'. "Are you kidding m-" It hit me as I said as I fell dead on the spot. 

It was black. I didn't know how to describe this sensation, I felt hot at the same time cold. Is it death? Is it finally coming to me? "Yes, you are dead." I heard a squeaky voice. "Who is it?" I asked doubting it was my conscience. "Open your eyes idiot," the same squeaky voice said. I opened my eyes to see a girl. She was about 170 cm tall with black flowing hair and dark mesmerizing eyes. She also had C cup breasts with a proportional body to support them. She is my type. "Welcome to my realm, Jared. I'm Eris. I'm an Evil God" she said in a squeaky voice. I stood in silence. "Hello, Are you still here?" she said. I nodded. "Are you not sad that you died?" she asked. "Nope, I have no lingering relations to that place," I said indifferently. She frowned. She wished for me to say the opposite but I won't. From her gothic outfit and makeup, I can see that she is a cliche sadistic goddess. She shook her head and said, "Jared, I'll reincarnate you in a different world than earth. It is a fantasy world called Tellus-". " Wait" I interrupted her. She frowned again. "Tellus means Earth. Do you Gods have any naming sense" I complained. I know I was arrogant but seriously? She ignored me and continued, "As I was saying Tellus is a fantasy world which has systems like games that you playing. But every person gets a different system. No one can guess what system a baby has and no one can determine someone's system except us Gods. So what I'm saying is that I'm going to give you a system and send you to Tellus" she said to annoy me. 

I thought for a moment and said, "Okay." Again she didn't get the response she wanted. She sighed and I waited. Suddenly she smiled maniacally and said, "Ok, I'll tell you what system you'll get. I'll give you a gacha system and it purely depends on your luck. If someone's luck is lesser than 150, then even if they had a legendary ticket, they'll still only get a normal card. And I have to tell you, a person's luck had never shot past 120. That's why the gacha system is regarded as trash. So enjoy with the trashy system." I indifferently nodded my consent. She looked utterly shocked. Haha, that's what you get when you seek entertainment through me. She grits her teeth and formed a magic circle under my feet. I was sucked into the circle and traveled to a dark place.

In Eris' Realm: 

Eris' POV

"What did you do Idiot?" an annoying voice came ringing through my ears. It was Lisa. She is also a fellow goddess that always annoys me. "Why the Fuck did you give him a fucking gacha system?" she shouted in my ears. "Listen, Lisa, He is too arrogant," I said. "No, he's not. He just didn't entertain you right?" she said getting as correct as ever. "Eris, you know it too right. The Gods of Earth only gave us permission for a single soul. You wasted that one precious soul giving him a trash system. The only one who can save Tellus is him. If Tellus dies, we'll perish with it dammit" she shouted at me. "Don't worry I gave him my blessing and a legendary ticke-" I started but she cut me. "Do you think your blessing will help? It just multiplies exp gained by 2 times. She needs to get to at least level 9950 by the age of 25. Do you think it's possible with a gacha system and your blessing? No. So, Lucius-sama gave his blessing to him. But if he isn't able to save Tellus, you'll die before we perish." She shouted as I almost cried. Damn, I think I screwed up today if Lucius-sama's involved. After all, he is our King.

 

47