I’ll let you win this time Eris
1.4k 13 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Arc 1: Early Days

Chapter 2

A few days passed and I understood most of the things. First, is my father is a Duke in the Leticus Empire.  My father is an important man and apparently, the Empire is at war with another kingdom. I can understand why he is so busy. My mother also stopped seeing me. I sighed. I hate being a baby. My father's name is Luther Markle. My mother's name is Viola Markle. I was bored, so I opened my status screen and went into the menu.

Buy

Sell

Titles

Servents and Pets

System World

Back

Eris advised me to look into my titles. She said the titles start working after we see it. But I didn't because I was interested in using appraisal. But now I'm bored. So I clicked the titles screen. It opened.

Titles

Lost Soul, Apostle of Demon God, Apostle of God of Life, System Administrator

I can understand the title 'Lost Soul' but what do you mean by an apostle. I mean I'm sent by Eris. Is she the demon god, then why am I human? What boost does that title give? 

Title: Apostle of Demon God

You are venerable among demons. You'll greatly be respected. You are chosen by the Demon Goddess Eris. It gives you a boost of 2x Exp gain. It gives you the skill 'Demonic Energy'

Title: Apostle of God of Life

You are personally chosen by the God of Life, Lucius. You'll be able to use Holy Attribute without praying like others. It also gives you a small boost in stats and a boost of 10x Exp gain.

Are the gods making me this OP?! Really? It multiplies Exp gain by 20 times. Am I going to be a Mary Sue? I don't want to be. Hell, I don't want to be the protagonist. Miss Author, can you please cut what I said now?

At that exact time, the door opened. I saw a black-haired woman with red eyes and a silver-haired man with blue eyes coming hand in hand. They are coming in happily. "Dear, you signed the peace treaty with the elves right?" my mother asked. "Yes, at last. We can be at peace for a few years and that is perfect for our Carol to grow big" he said smiling at me. Wait, I thought the war was with demons. Why do elves the calm creatures fight us, humans? At that time I heard a familiar giggle. "Idiot, you didn't use Appraisal on your parents, right? Use it first" Eris said. As she said I used Appraisal on both of them. 

Name: Luther Markle

Gender: Male

Age: 74

Race: Arch Demon

Unique System: Power-up System

Level: 1347

Class: Swordsman

Titles: Master Swordsman, Demon Commander, Nemesis, Holder of Demon Sword

HP: 94125/94260

MP: 1710/1710

Strength: 33675 - 77350

Agility: 26940 - 63880

Vitality: 20205 - 50410

Intelligence: 740 - 2480

Luck: 115

Attributes: Body-Strengthening, Earth

 

Name: Viola Markle

Gender: Female

Age: 76

Race: High-Demon

Unique System: Shop System

Level: 965

Class: Magic Archeress

Titles: Hawkeye, Black-haired Madonna, Archer Queen, Slayer of Elves

HP: 48250/48250

MP: 144050/144750

Strength: 9650

Agility: 33750

Vitality: 19300

Intelligence: 58600

Luck: 109

Attributes: Fire, Air, Shadow

Holy shit! Why are my parents' demons? And if they are why am I human? Ms.System, there is some problem with this appraisal skill. "Nope, there is no problem," she said. Wait, if they are demons, then Leticus Empire's in the demon continent! "Do you hate demons that much Jared? No, Carol?" I'm sure she did it on purpose. No, I don't. It's just that I'm a human in the demon continent. They can kill me anytime. "Did you even check your inventory? There is a guide in there. Gosh, If I reincarnated some other person, I'm sure they would have looked through the system. You are an idiot Carol" she scolded. Aww, come on Eris. It's not my mistake that I wasn't curious. And you should've said that to me. "I don't know. It's fun to see your reactions" she giggled as she said that. I swear I'll get you back for that. She cut off the connection. Damn it. She dominated me in this round. 

I grumbled for a few seconds. Fine, time to go through the diary. I opened my inventory and clicked the only thing that was available there. I thought the book would come flying but it opened virtually. That's good I guess, after all, I can't lift the heavy-looking cover page. I skipped through the unnecessary things that I already know and I found what I was looking for. In this world, all are born as humans (Except lower class monsters that are naturally created by negative emotions). But every human has a level cap of 300. As the negative emotions of people constantly grow, the monsters become stronger and grow more than 300 levels. So the Gods thought if it goes on then all humans will become extinct (If you think that the Gods can just erase the negative emotions, yes it is possible. However, for a being to grow as a person, every emotion is important whether positive or negative). So, the Gods decided to create bloodlines along with unique systems. The bloodlines play a crucial role in everyday life. This lets a human evolve into higher species, for example, Dwarves, Elves, Demons, Fairies, etc. The lesser the quality of a human's bloodline, the lower the level cap and vice versa. So, if you want to become strong, you must evolve because humans are too vulnerable and they have zero resistance against anything. For example, dwarves are quite sturdy and can take an ordinary sword slash of a master without bleeding. Elves have spiritual resistance and Demons have magic resistance. If you want to check your bloodline, it'll be available in your skills window.

It was a long explanation but it was worth it. I let out a sigh. That's assuring and that explains why the classic Humans-Demons was not there. So if I want to check my bloodline- That's when I realized my parents are watching me curiously and giggling silently. "Ah, she noticed us" my dad exclaimed. "Dang it. She was so cutely focused" My mother added. They played with me for a while. I felt my father's warmth for the first time. It might be cringing but I felt safe. They left when it became too late. I was left to sleep. I closed my eyes waiting till they left. Then I opened my eyes to open the skills window.

Skills

Basic Lightning magic Lvl 1, Multi-enhancement magic Lvl 1, Multilingual, Appraisal Lvl 10, Demonic Energy Lvl 5

Bloodline: Nil

Skill points: 200

Wait, why do I have no bloodline? Does that mean that I have to be a human my whole life? Noooo... Suddenly words appeared before me.

Your unique system is the Gacha system. So you can use the other legendary ticket to get a bloodline. But I warn you, the Bloodline Gacha is once in a lifetime one, so you can't use it again. And completely read the guide, idiot.

                                                                                                                                         - Eris

Aargh! That's a headshot. She is scoring against me whenever she gets the chance. The next time I see her, I'll smash that face of hers. I opened the Gacha System again. It had a special option that was named bloodline. I think I became careless after I got reincarnated. How did I miss this big button? I clicked on it and the same setup with the same colors came. I inserted my last legendary ticket. The gachas started spinning randomly and a bright light glowed again. As expected of my luck. I got a seven-colored card again. It was named 'Bloodline: Primordial Demon'. That sounds grand. I clicked on it to get the info.

Primordial Demon Bloodline:

The ancient of the ancient demons. It is one of the strongest bloodlines available on Tellus. It is among the Ancient bloodlines where only one can get it and it won't be given to others until the previous holder dies. Primordial Demons are strong enough to fight against ancient gods (It can only fight and not win. Don't get cocky). When attained full potential, it can rival the strength of the Demon God.

Yes, now I can punch her until it hurts. I clicked on the guide to see the evolution line. Human>Lesser Demon>Demon>High Demon>Arch Demon>Demon Lord or Primordial Demon. Note the evolution line stops at your bloodline. It is advised to hide your bloodline if it is Primordial Demon or Demon Lord as it is a potential threat to the current Demon Lords and they'll come to your doorstep to kill you. Don't think you can escape being appraised as every child is appraised by a priest who is directly working under the Demon Lord.

Guess I'll have to hide my bloodline until I gain enough power. Sigh, living as an OP baby is tiring. I'll just have to wait until I grow up. 

44