CHAPTER-59
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

the trio were the first witches I had ever had the pleasure to meet.

each one of them was a strange, exciting, complicated figure, Ester was the Knowledgeable one, She was knowledgeable in all the sciences: botany, astronomy, psychology, anatomy, alchemy, geology, chemistry…

I had no idea these even existed in this world, but to my surprise, this world was advanced enough to rival my own world.

then there was the mama bear of the group Anabella this one was also knowledgeable 

she was also skilled in many arts ranging from artistry, sculpture, music, and dance.

She was also a wonderful dancer and talented artist.

Anabelle was the Adventurer that seemed to always bring out adventure.

She was kindhearted, smart, adventurous and loved to laugh.

then there was Isabella 

she too had her own unique talents.

but I did not know about them as she was more interested in having sex with me, according to her she needed a man before she committed a long time to Anabella,  which made no sense as she was already married and I did not really know of the meaning of love and marriage when compared to Anabelle.

The three girls were also quite the opposite in nature.

Isabella was very playful and happy loving being free-spirited and wild like she couldn't help herself and loved doing mischief and creating trouble and mayhem.

Anabella though was a calm and gentle and calm person and she seemed to be caring for both Ester and Isabella.

But one thing I do know is that I had never felt something so strong and protective towards anyone. 

while Ester was the scholar and she preferred the company of books to people which completely shattered my hero image of her bringing some badass which that had whips for weapons. 

By my second day, the girls had invited me into the Troupe, which as I had found a travelling circus type of group.

they took me, to see the trope leader who turned out to be the witcher guitarist called Arnold

at first, he was resistant to the idea as they already had enough magical protection also he told me he considered me a burden to the troupe due too  well my lack of any skill 

I wasn't much of an actor for their plays, neither was I any type of performer hell I didn't even know how to play the guitar much less any other doesn't instrument I was given to showcase my ability, but the man quickly accepted me when he found out he didn't need to pay anything to me and I would repair the wagons for two square meal.

And so I joined a travelling circus, as I had no plan, no aim to fulfil 

my life fell into a mundane routine,  it was a dull, drab, monotonous and boring existence.

but I did not care

because such a life was exactly what I wanted 

my day began with a hearty breakfast with gals, then I would move around all the wagons doing all sorts of repairs, which was relatively easy since I never needed to do anything physical. 

All I needed was a chant here a rune there and the repairs were done, broken axel a rune that would reverse it back to its pristine condition, a horse too tired a chant and up its health went, and then I would return at noon to have lunch and then at night I would sit with the guards playing liars dice, a variant of poker and chess which a big surprise to find out and then I went back to Wagon where I would sit next to baby and mediate as the blind cat perched itself atop my head which was somehow relaxing. 

I learned about this part of the world.

I was on a co continent called Lorinand which was named after the ancient Lorian Empire that had ruled the entire continent some twenty thousand eyes ago.

but it was divided amongst Five superpowers the Two Queens, The storm Isles, The kingdom of Ironland, The holy republish of bright and the Dracian empire. 

I had not seen any map of the continent so I did not understand any language and therefore could not communicate with them either.

I was able to get around quite easily, however, the reason for this was the fact that I was a wizard and magic worked better than any human language.

it took me an hour before I create a translation rune with the help of the magic of the wandering breeze, and the imprinted that rune on the base of four bones with some help from Silver who had grown grumpier as days passed by.

bing bang boom now every spoke English,    but that did not mean they understood me, as they did not have a translation rune, 

I tried to create a rune that automatically translated my words but I never succeeded in it and finally gave up after two months of tinkering on it and decided to learn the dammed languages, Ester knew 64 spoken languages that were spoken all over the continent but thankfully only five were actually used on a widespread scale.

After two months I moved out of the girl's wagon with a promise from Anabela that she would look after the baby girl whom I named Jin for no other season because Silver suggested it.

I found myself sleeping atop the wagons with Jack, the kid who I had met on the first day when u came here, the dude was an Orphan who was serving the Troupe alchemist, the kid was a strange creature, 

he was always smiling no matter what was happening or what had happened to him, more than once I noticed nasty buses on his back or stomach not to mention his bi-weekly wist to Ester to get some magical helping for broken bones and whatnot,  but he kept refusing help every time I offered. there was only so much I could do as I was strictly forbidden to confront the troupe alchemist by everyone.

hell, even Ester forced me to give up on the issue of the threat she would kick me out.

So I tried to help him best I could by being there and teaching him things like reading and writing with a facade that I was learning too, and they showed me how to steal, how to blend into the crowd, how to make my way reading the stars.

It was the best Six years of my life as I travelled with the troupe,   I got to see the most amazing places in the world, I learnt the language of the people of all the of places where the Troupe performed, I even found my own act fireworks, 

I just used my lightning to make tinny lighting balls that would explode after some time 

I would then launch these balls in the air and create fireworks which became a huge success as there was no gunpowder in distance here it was unique and only I could do it.

I also found a way to make a jukebox 

 I just plastered a rune of recording on a metal plate and fixed it on a guitar like an instrument called the  Fender, and voila I had a radio that played all the music that I could record

and it did not just record music from the surroundings but also from  my memories 

I found joy in all these adventures, not just that I also found I could shape, bend and mould anything wooden according to my wish all I had to do was touch and imagine it to change, and this discovery led me to find out I could talk to trees, not in any spoken language but I understood what was said to me,  and oh man do they not like it when to try to change them. 

hell I was even able to spy on anything that was in the range of the trees' connections

 not just that after a year, Ester proceeded to give me a brief overview of each of the sciences. 

it was out of the blue as one day she just came up to me as I was experimenting with tree talking and then told me to learn from her, why she thought to so so I did not know but I wasn't the one to look e the gift horse in the mouth.

I learned how to work the sextant, the compass, the slipstick, the abacus. More importantly, I learned to do things without runes.

 Within a span, I could identify any chemical in her cabinet. In two months I could distil liquor until it was too strong to drink, bandage a wound, set a bone, and diagnose hundreds of sicknesses from symptoms. I knew the process for making four different aphrodisiacs, three concoctions for contraception, nine for impotence, two types of laxative and four types of healing.

she said

and it meant everything to me and I did it with great effort

as I spent hours studying under her instruction.

I also realised that I could make even the most mundane instruments and objects into something magical by imprinting runes on them, but most objects weren't able to handle the strain that was put upon them and would crumble to dust after a few uses. 

I learned the formulae for a dozen poisons and acids and a hundred medicines and curealls, some of which quite dangerous according to silver.

My mind was learning to work in different ways, becoming stronger.

 It felt the same way as cultivating but at the same time a lot more different.

There was something magical about this practice but not in the same way that I felt the energy within the wind and water, but in the same way my soul energy gathered.

it was only later Silver informed me it was mind cultivation much like soul, body or spirit.

she also taught me how to divide my mind into different sections, to focus on multiple things at the same time, 

However, while being able to think about two r more things at the same time is terribly convenient, the training it takes to get there is frustrating at best, and at other times rather disturbing and scary.

it was said different people were living inside me, multiple times I found myself in situations where when my mind spilt into parts I only had access to the main part the other developed their personality, it was as if  I was sharing the same brain space with two different people, the main part of my mind was in charge of thinking while the rest was a mess and had no idea which side of the brain it belonged on.

It was a scary and unnerving thing, to say the least.

I mean what happens if I can't control it, control the thoughts? 

if I can't control my mind, will I lose my sanity, lose my humanity, go insane and lose the ability to speak and understand language

What if someone tries to take away my free will, myself?

what if I am forced to become an object

Have you ever been annoyed and amused with yourself at the same time or found yourself mocking and jeering at yourself or finding out that your another self is a raving lunatic? It’s an interesting feeling, to say the very least.

it was as if I was talking to some other person.

but I persevered, I trained constantly on my ability, I practised my spells, I studied, I practised, I studied, I practised, I practised............

and I finally mastered it, three was the maximum parts I could divide my brain into one was anger as always the other was fear and the third was me minus anger and fear. 

I also learned about bindings, I learned that almost anything could be bound together. An iron drab and a silver talent, a stone and a piece of fruit, two bricks, a clod of earth to the actual man.

the amount and level of things I could do was stunning and 

 unbelievable and I could feel my power increasing daily as I progressed, the amount of knowledge and experience I gained made my abilities more powerful and I began to use my new power to do a variety of things that I had never imagined possible, but that I loved.

I had mastered so many different skills that I had discovered that even I did know what to do with even half of it.

But I loved it, I loved using my magic, my gifts, and my skill, and so I become a tinker.

 I love how I was able to make my creations, and it also helped that I had a natural ability to do all those stuff with plants and trees. 

I found myself wishing these days would never end, but also everything comes to an end.

1