Chapter 2: Golden World (Rewrite)
2k 8 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pure gold hills were flat and clean as if they had been sandpapered over. There was not a single protrusion, stone, or pit on the plains leading to infinity. Every piece of land the eye could see seemed to be flattened and polished to the end.

The air of this clean, golden area was just as interesting. Unlike the blue-white sky, it was pure white. It was understandable from the sky that there were no people here, not a single pollution.

It's been a while since Blake opened his eyes in this environment, and he's getting bored. He didn't know how much time had passed because there was no sun in the environment. In the end, he started counting the time out of it.

3 Days, 7 Hours, 21 hours, 58 Minutes!

That's exactly how long he's been waiting for the interrogation angel. Angel, devil, buddha, god, anyone, or an interrogation angel had been waiting for 3 days for someone or something to come who would question him and judge him for what he had done in the world.

But that thing never came.

"I think it's time for me to move on." Blake made up his mind when he stood up and got nervous. If no one was coming to judge him, Blake would go to his feet.

Blake began to move forward after taking a last look around before leaving the field.

Blake's body wasn't a human body. His body was golden and white and translucent. Extra limbs, such as fingers and the tip of their feet, were translucent and the place where their legs should have been was empty.

In the middle of his body was a golden orb. The sphere glowed like a sun, emitting a brighter, pure glow than most people around it.

Blake took action after working for a while and getting used to the gliding process.

The process of flying was not as difficult as he thought, all he had to do was tilt his body slightly forward and his body was starting to glide forward.

As Blake moved forward, he saw people floating around like him. These people did not have as clear structure and bright spheres as he, but there were others like him

No one contacted each other as the spirits progressed. Although they sometimes ran into each other, they continued to move forward after a glance.

They were already dead and had come to the other world to be tried. From now on, friendship, human bonding, or something like that was irrelevant. Meeting a few people wouldn't change the final result.

"A little too plain and flashy for heaven, too warm for hell..." Blake became suspicious after a while. He's already starting to think he's where he's going in the afterlife.

As Blake's suspicions began to grow, he finally encountered an entity.

The being was what he could call a human being. He looked a lot like a human being, and he was wearing a suit. At his feet was a banner. But the reason he thought he was different from himself was that his appearance was as clear as a real person.

"I finally met someone. Hey, sir-'' As Blake glided towards the man, the words on the banner were attached to the tip of his eye.

''I Want Eat Your Pankreas!''

Blake, who saw the man's writing, glided back for several feet. He looked at the man with suspicion, disgust, and confusion. He didn't think that the man or anyone else would say something so disgusting openly or write it like an ad.

"Should I call the police?" He stood between his thoughts. He barely thought this was the afterlife.

"That's right, there are no police here." He set the man aside and, after making sure he kept his distance, glided in the direction behind him.

Blake met a human again at the end of the process. Blake, who had learned from the previous campaign, looked at his type and then the banner in front of him, instead of turning to the person.

The person in front of Blake was a woman. She wore a tight-fitting t-shirt and revealing trousers. Combined with her bob-cut hair and she had the beauty that surpassed most women in the world.

What made her stand out were the Japanese words on both cheeks, drawn in black pencil.

''Your Name''

"My name?" Seeing the sign on the banner, Blake decided to leave this woman on her own.

"3 gatsu no lion"

''Non Non Biyori''

"Silent Voice"

''Domestic Girlfriend''

''Horimiya''

''Violet Evergarden''

''The Pet Girl of Sakurasou''

As Blake progressed, he saw more people with banners. Each was dressed differently from the other, and each had different clothes than the other.

As time went on, Blake realized that the functions of these banners and names were completely different and also familiar.

"They look like street dealers." According to Blake, the people here were no different than street vendors. He even saw some of the people he saw talking to some of the spirits and ultimately taking them somewhere through a portal.

As Blake continued to walk, the mood began to change. People and banners changed, replaced by stands. Made of various wood and various wooden materials, various names were written on the tops of the beautiful stands.

"Could this be? isekay... isekay...  isekai and reincarnation." When Blake was confronted with the name "Bakemonogatari", which Mike mentioned at the time, Blake began to notice things.

The more he thought about it, the more incredible it seemed. Reincarnation was something Blake said could happen and wasn't chasing after it, if it existed, he would see it when the time came. If he didn't, it was something he didn't look for because he didn't lose anything.

But despite everything, he didn't think it could be reincarnated to imaginary anime.  No matter what anyone thought, it was impossible. Anime, born out of the dreams of several people and created to entertain certain audiences, was not real.

He moved through the field with complex thoughts in his head.

During his march, people began to see the compounds. He was particularly interested in the one-story building blake saw on his right.

That's because of the glittering knives hung on the shop windows. Each of the blades was of different colors and characteristics;  The flamethrower that surprised Blake, a black sword that emits a dark air and can even be felt through the glass, and its varieties were hung behind the glass as if it were an exhibition.

[Saijaku Muhai no Bahamut]

Grr!

Blake's stomach rumbled as he moved forward. Instead of a normal feeling of hunger, a weakness that engulfed his entire body spread throughout his body. As his vision dimmed for a few seconds, he tightened his will to stay afloat.

"What the hell is that?" He felt a great hunger as if he hadn't eaten in years. The feeling of hunger was unbearable as if all the cells in his body were dying for a piece of food.

When Blake's mind was struck by a feeling of hunger,  the golden globe in the area of his chest struck like a heart. With each shot, he felt a saturation that radiated from his body to his limbs.

"I think… I need to eat something to satisfy my soul."."' As Blake stared at the amazing scene, he began to look for a place where he also had something to eat.

As a result of the search, he came across a building. The building looked like a restaurant, windows were laid on either side of the door and it was possible to see inside. In the section separating the tables and the dining sections, people blake couldn't see their faces were sitting and eating.

[Food Wars]

"I know that." Blake remembered that the name of the anime was written on the flyer where he decided to watch the MHA anime

Blake went inside to get something to eat. When he came to the door, he put his hand on the doorknob.

"Wait! If I go in, will I be reincarnated?''  Blake didn't get used to the reincarnation of anime worlds, but he accepted it.

He clearly remembered his death, and the great feeling of hunger he had just felt could not be fake, however much he tried to deny it, he accepted that he was now in a reincarnation phase.

And he didn't want to take his chances. It was unclear whether he would ever have a chance to reincarnate again, and it was also not known if he would be given the chance to go out once he walked in. That's why he didn't want to make a bad choice and waste his only chance.

He didn't have the ideals of power, wealth, fame, domination, and he didn't want it. All he wanted was not to be fragile enough to die in a gunshot or an accident in his new life. If he was going to die, he wanted to die peacefully in his bed.

So Blake decided to be extra careful when choosing.

He took his hand off the doorknob and turned to leave.

Pat!

But before he could get too far, he shook his head with a man and lost his balance, and fell to the ground.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking."

"No, I have to apologize. I had to look ahead when I walked in."

Blak apologized as he rubbed his head, while on the other side he apologized in a tired voice.

The guy's voice was the most tired Blake's ever heard. It was like an empty voice, tired of life. Succumbing to curiosity, he opened his eyes and saw a man in a neat, clean suit. Unlike his clothes, his hair was messy and he had a dirty, shallow beard on his face.

"Then I'll go my own way." Blake wanted to travel as much as he could before a new wave of hunger came along. He shook his top before he left.

There were a lot of buildings in the goldfield where Blake was found, and each one had a variety of features. Some were as small as a shed, some were buildings as big as a two-three-story building, some were a training ground, some were a western house, buildings of all kinds were scattered throughout the golden area.

"S-Sorry..." When Blake came to a school building called [Assasination Classroom], he heard a tired and frustrated voice behind him.

When he turned around, he saw the man he was bumping into. The man was holding a bag. Inside the bag were a drink bottle and food made of rice.

"Yes, what was it?" Blake frowned. He didn't think he'd come after her.

"Take this, please." The guy handed blake the bag. With his fallen shoulder and hunched back and tired smile, he had a harmless profile.

"Thank you. But why are you giving it to me?'' Blake looked suspiciously at the man as he picked up the bag. He was already dead once, he didn't think he'd die again, and if he did, he didn't think he could do anything to the locals.

Food was becoming important after Blake's previous experience. He didn't know what would happen at the end of hunger, maybe his soul would disintegrate or he would lose his only chance and go back to eternal sleep.

Maybe he was going to be sent to a random world. Blake had no idea, and he didn't want to know. So he needed food that could feed his soul, no matter what hand it came from.

"I just want to help a stray soul and get on the good side, increasing the likelihood of coming into my world." As the man scratched the back of his head with one hand, he made his intentions clear. He then pulled a business card out of his suit.

"Take this, please."

Blake took the business card and looked at the writing on it that he could understand, even though he couldn't read it.

[One-Punch Man]

"I'll think about it. Thank you."' Blake put the business card where he thought it was in his pocket.

"Then I'm on my way." The man leaned slightly towards Blake before turning around to leave.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to ask you something." As Blake watched from behind the man, he decided to ask a question he had been wondering for some time and stopped him.

"Yes, what was it?" The man raised his eyebrows in doubt as he returned to Blake.

"Why... You're so tired?'' It might have been a bit of a private or unnecessary question, and it didn't fit the situation at all, but the man's abnormal fatigue aroused Blake's curiosity.

"Oh... 'The man had a wry smile on his face. Before answering, he sighed in a tired, crumbling way.

"Repairing cities, renovating buildings, reinventing the world, creating new ones instead of dying people, constantly producing villains..." The man covered his face with his hands and continued to explain in a weeping voice. Every word came out of his mouth with psychology on the edge.

Blake decided to sneak out after listening to the man's overlapping, depressing answers for a while. He took one last look at the guy from afar. The man was so immersed in spilling the beans, he didn't even know he was gone.

After a while of wandering around, Blake's body began to fill with hunger. Before the Golden Globes began beating like hearts, a feeling of hunger engulfed his body, the previous time.

Blake immediately took the food out of the bag. The food the man gave him was "Onigiri", a Japanese food. As a scent of meat that made it clear it was full of meat rose from the food, sesame seeds were sprinkled on it, and "Food Wars" was written with roasted sesame seeds in the middle.

"Gulp..." When Onigiri's scent got to his nose, his mind trembled. The harmonious smell of rice and meat caused him to swallow a mouthful of saliva.

Blake couldn't take it anymore and took a big bite of onigiri.

His eyes widened as the landscape changed. The broth exploding in his mouth, the salty but pleasant taste of rice, and the crunch of sesame filled his mouth. The fascinating view of the rice paddies in his sights added to the main pleasantness.

"Food  Wars..." Blake wrote this world on the back of his mind. If he couldn't find any anime, he could go to this world.

Blake continued his walk with food in his hand and saw buildings representing various worlds.

After about an hour, he saw a building that attracted his attention. Or rather, he saw a building that was still under construction, the area where the building was going to be built was under construction, and that's what got Blake's attention.

[My Hero Academia]

A wooden banner with the familiar name was on top of a stand. The stand was empty, there was nothing but a bell and a piece of paper.

Behind the stand, various human beings were working. Using a variety of features that Blake thought of as Quirk, they removed large rubble, placed pieces of wood and concrete, and built the house.

After looking around for a while, Blake started walking in front of the stand. He was hesitant to choose the MHA anime as his only choice. Knowing his world and part of the future, he had to think about it, even though it would benefit him.

What Blake was doing now was finding a place to take a breather for a while and finding answers to the questions in his head.

Blake walked to the stand in a few steps.

What was written on the paper was: 'I'm not here right now. If you have business with me, press the bell on the table."

Blake rang the bell, the only item on the table besides paper.

Thing!

"I'll be right there." As the bell sounded, a pleasant voice could be heard in Blake's ears and the field.

The next minute, a woman appeared on the other side of the stand. The woman had pink hair, purple eyes that complimented her pink hair. She had spotless skin, soft milky skin, and thin facial features. 

She had a short but voluminous body, her hourglass figure teamed with good proportions and slender limbs. She was by far the most beautiful person in Blake's world.

Blake froze for a few seconds when he saw the look. She was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. But after a few seconds, he picked himself up.

"I came to ask you a few questions, but..." Blake spoke in an unstable tone as he looked over her shoulder towards the construction site.

"Should I come back later?"

"No, I'm off now. Construction is just an evolution and it has nothing to do with us." The woman spoke with a slight tone and a small smile as she waved both hands slightly.

"So, I have a few questions, so I hope you can answer them."

"Go on, please. It is the duty of people like me to help lost and helpless souls like you." The woman's words raised more questions in Blake's mind, but he decided to go with the simplest.

"Where is this place? Am I in some kind of reincarnation phase?'' Heaven, hell, the yellow river, and other worlds of different religions, the world in which he was found was unlike what Blake knew.

According to Blake, the land was more like a holiday destination than a reincarnation site.

"People like you who have entered the reincarnation stage and are successfully re-incarnated call it the "Second Chance Way". We call it the Golden World. It doesn't matter what you say. İts mission is to serve as a transit zone for those who have earned the right to a second life."  The woman spoke slowly for Blake to understand.

"Hm..." Blake put his fingers to his chin. After thinking about it for a while, he asked the other question. "How did I get my second life? As far as I can remember, I haven't done anything in my life to deserve a second life."

Blake was the son of a farming couple and had lived on a small farm all his life and had given himself up for classes when it was time for school. Saving human life, feeding orphans, donating money, etc. He hadn't done anything useful.

The woman stared at the golden globe on Blake's chest for a while before answering Blake. After half a minute, she turned to Blake.

"I see you're the child of a farming couple, and that's enough to give you a second life in itself. This is due to people feeding on a farmer's crops. The crops feed or satisfied everyone, young, old, male, female, orphan or homeless, regardless of who they are."

"This situation returns to you farmers who grow the crops carefully. Even if it's 1/10,000, years of painstaking work have finally turned into an avalanche of good karma that can't be underestimated, and it's got you back to your current state. I mean, a second chance." Her words were based on credible and logical reasons, and her fluent speech and hand gestures helped Blake understand the essence of the event.

Blake nodded at her words. The knowledge of the cause of his second life was not that important. It was only a little strange that he was entitled to a second life as a result of his selfish life.

"Then why am I reborn in the world of anime? There were a few religions in our world that believe in rebirth, and they all said that my memories would be erased and I would be born in a new world. Being born in anime is a bit surreal." Blake spoke with skepticism.

Although I can't tell you exactly why, reincarnating into worlds you call "anime" is one of the options. If you refuse to reincarnate into these worlds, you may be sent back to the normal cycle of reincarnation. Would you like?'' Blake nodded at her words.

Going into a normal cycle of reincarnation was something he didn't want after what he saw. Unlike the anime worlds, it was unclear whether Blake would gain superhuman strength in the normal world. Maybe he'd be a normal person like his previous life, maybe he'd gain superpowers.

"Can I gain things like superhuman power in normal reincarnation?"

"I don't know. I doubt anyone here knows."

50%/50%, if Blake chooses normal reincarnation, that's the probability. It could have been even lower, but the most reasonable rate was 50/50.

40