Chapter 4: First Day Of New Life (Rewrite)
1.9k 8 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I couldn't post a chapter yesterday, so I'm going to post two chapters today.

Also, don't forget to read the end-of-chapter note for this chapter.
------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an area in every city that is seen as the stain of that city. The reason these areas were called the stain of the city was because of the environment that appeared as a stain in a developed city. In a bright and thriving city, it was like a stain on the surface.
 
It was full of dirt and mud. On every visible street were animal corpses and creatures hoping to survive by eating them. Houses or buildings used as houses were abandoned, ruined, and damp. 
 
The people who lived in such an area were, similar to the environment, the garbage, the scraps, the disgraces, or useless ones of society. Criminals, homeless people, those who gave up life or deads
 
In such an area, a vehicle was moving slowly. After wandering around on a certain route for a while, the vehicle came to a dirty, crooked piece of iron that was used as a stop in the past, and which was used as a stop in the past.
 
No one was passing the station, or anyone wanting to survive was paying attention to the vehicle. Anybody daring enough to cross this terrain was cops or people with the mighty Quirk who could kill or maim them three times.
 
Unfortunately or fortunately no one was paying attention. So no one saw this bus moving on its own and being empty.
 
Yes! The bus was moving on its own from the beginning. There was no bus attendant or passenger in it.
 
A young man got out of a vehicle like this. Although no one was in the vehicle, it magically appeared.
 
When the teen got off, the vehicle left the neighborhood, leaving the teenager behind, and began to move in a direction that no one knew about.
 
Back at the stop, a handsome young man could be seen. The youngster had natural white hair. Above her eyes, which featured black pupils, there were a pair of eyebrows curled with a lovely curve. He didn't have a shapely nose, but his nose was not one of his most prominent pieces, sitting harmoniously on his face.
 
His jaw was pointed and his handsome face made him look more pleasing. Under a good head, she had a balanced and fit body that wasn't fat or skinny, if not as much as any woman would have her mouth open.
 
"I have to leave now." Our main character, Blake, began running to the safe city area, holding his suitcase tightly, which he did not know when he had arrived, after filtering around with a distressed expression.
 
There were guys on every corner who could be called bad guys. Blake walked past them with his fit body, without giving the villain-like people a chance to take care of him.
 
Blake breathed a sigh of relief when he arrived at the city area, where police and well-dressed people were present. 
 
He quickly checked around. Even though there were people around him, they weren't paying attention to him, and there weren't many people who cared about him, except for the suspicious look of a few cops.
 
Blake headed for a random bank around him and sat on it. After putting the suitcase on his legs, he opened it with a single "click".
 
"So these are my things." There was nothing in the suitcase except a bunch of clothes, some money, an ID card, a few photos, and a note.
 
Blake ignored everything else and took the photo and note.
 
"It would be strange if you didn't have a family and no one you knew. There's a picture of you and your imaginary grandfather in the photo."
 
The note in the suitcase had the family history that Blake wanted. In the photo, there was a younger version of Blake and an old man he did not know.
 
After Blake confirmed the photo, he closed his suitcase and headed for the cops.
 
"I'm sorry..." Blake touched the officer's shoulder after taking a deep breath before getting his attention.
 
"Yes, what was it?" The officer frowned as he looked at Blake, but a friendly smile appeared on his face when he saw the young man, who was clean-clothed, had a pretty face and gave him a pure, unspoiled look.
 
"B-Me... Err... I just got back from the village, so, can you help me?"' Blake tried to fake it as if he had a provincial mouth and was trying to speak properly.
 
"Oh, yes? Can I see your ID?'' 
 
Blake nodded. He put his suitcase on the floor and reached for her ID, especially after aligning himself to show the photo. At the same time, he started staring at the police officer with the tip of his eye.
 
He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the police officer shaking his head. He was worried that he might be suspicious because he came from the slum, but his appearance and role, thankfully,  did a good job. 
 
"Here you go." Blake handed the I.D. to the police.
 
The officer picked up the ID and quickly checked it out and turned to Blake.
 
"Bla-ky? Did I read it right?'' Although the police officer was surprised to see Blake's different name than the names in the country, he was not too surprised and tried to read it properly. 
 
"Pronounced B-la-ke."
 
"Oh, I'm sorry. Blake, come with me. I'll take you to my Chief." 
 
The two-headed to the location of their superior, led by a police officer.
 
Chief was a man with big muscles with metal fragments in his joints. He had a clean, sympathetic face, but a serious, stern look on his face that matched his position.
 
"Chief!" The officer spoke respectfully when he approached the  Chief
 
Chief turned his head to where the sound came from. The serious look on his face disappeared when he saw the police officer. Instead, he received a friendly expression.
 
"Kanai-kun? Why are you here?'' Amir came up to the guy in a few steps and stroked his shoulder.
 
"Sir, the young man next to me said he asked us for help. So I brought him to you." Kanai, a police officer, maintained his respectful style despite his supervisor's friendly approach.    
 
"Is it? How exactly do you want me to help you?'' The chief's eyes were turned to Blake in Kanai's words. His sky blue eyes contradicted black eyes and expressed his doubts clearly.
 
The number of bad guys has been increasing lately. In particular, there was an increase in the number of 14-18-year-old villains. As much as he didn't want to, on orders from his superiors, he should also be suspicious of young people Blake's age.
 
"I have just come from my village and I want to settle down. But I don't know how to settle in a house or what the procedures are when doing so. I hope you can help me." Blake looked the serious man in the eye, and he kept his pure and innocent expression.
 
"Yes, thank you, Kanai-kun. You can go, I'll take over the rest." 
 
Kanai left the field after leaning 90 degrees to his superior and left Blake and Chief alone.
 
"Boy, what exactly do you want? If you give me a proper explanation, I can help you better."Chief took his ID from Blake, as Kanai did, and began investigating.
 
"What I want is to get a home where I can settle down and enroll in a school. And I want to register my Quirk. I'm a little scared, though." Blake banged his fingers together as he spoke in a tense tone. His current appearance was the same as that of a nervous child who was afraid to know the truth.
 
"Why?" Blake's role was more effective than he thought. The Chief unconsciously took offense at Blake's expression and asked with a sympathetic smile.
 
"Well... No matter what I tried in the village, I didn't expose my Quirk. That's why I'm a little scared." Blake bit his twitching lip while pretending to be a naïve childlike Midoriya.
 
"Don't worry." When he saw Blake's scared demeanor, the policeman gently tapped him on the shoulder with a warm smile on his face.
 
Quirks are incomprehensible things. Yes, you may not have Quirk, but it's relatively in the minority. I think you haven't been able to reveal it until now because your Quirk is very different from what you think. So there is no need to be afraid.”
 
"Really?" A glimmer of hope appeared in Blake's black eyes as if he wanted to hold on to the resulting hope.
 
"Yes, you just have to believe it. Plus Ultra." Yamamoto extended his fist as he grinned to show his teeth.
 
"Plus Ultra," Blake responded to his punch.
 
**
 
"Blake-kun, let me introduce myself. My name is Uzaraki Yamamato." Yamamoto nodded at Blake as he drove the vehicle.
 
"My name is Blake, nice to meet you." The pure smile on his face became brighter during the self-introduction phase.
 
"You told me you tried to expose your Quirk, but you failed. How did you try to expose your Quirk?'' Yamamoto frowned as he expressed doubt.
 
Normally, the Quirks have unearthed it since childhood. There could only be one reason why someone Blake's year old still hasn't revealed his Quirk.
 
'No, I shouldn't think like that.'' Yamamoto shook his head slightly as he stared at the youngster, who looked on with interest outside the window. 
 
One of the biggest dreams of teenagers Blake's age was to have a powerful Quirk and become a great hero. Defeating the bad guys and being like every teen's idol, All Might, what teen wouldn't want that?
 
But things weren't going your way in this life. If that were the case, Yamamoto, who once dreamed of heroism, wouldn't be a police officer.
 
But wasn't that kind of heroic? Although he was not a mass hero,  Yamamoto believed he was the humble hero of your neighborhood. Shouldn't he have thought differently in Blake's case too?
 
'It's probably something completely different from what he thought of his Quirk. That's why he couldn't wake me up until he was this old. Yes, that's the way it should be.' Not wanting to think about the collapse of his life and dreams for a teenager, Yamamoto convinced himself of the idea.
 
"My grandfather is a water Quirk user." Blake's words caused Yamamoto's eyes to widen. Elemental Quirks were extremely rare.
 
Please don't look at me like that. My grandpa doesn't have as great a Quirk as you think. The only function of Quirk is to produce water at the amount and pressure to irrigate the garden. That's all.''
 
"I tried a lot of methods because I thought my Quirk might be about him, but I couldn't. Then I tried my parents' Quirks, but I couldn't do it again. I didn't finally get my Quirk out until I was this age."
 
''...'' Yamamoto's good thoughts began to darken in Blake's words. After trying so much, his thoughts that blake might bring out his Quirk were getting worse.
 
"It's ok. In short, you have a completely different Quirk from your family, and it's not known what it is." Yamamoto didn't want to give up, even though his thoughts got worse.
 
"It's true." Blake shook his head as he looked out the window, as if not thinking he might be  Quirkless.
 
When the two finished talking, the inside of the car became quiet. The only thing that could be heard was the radio noise and the sound of stones breaking under the car wheel.

 
It took the car ten minutes to get to the hospital. After Yamamoto and Blake got out of the vehicle, they entered the hospital and waited for a sequence number. 
 
'Fuu...'' Blake snuck in. Getting in the car was more stressful than he thought. Especially when acting. Knowing that he would be caught at any moment made Blake nervous.
 
He didn't need to pretend from the start, but he felt the need to act for a while to make his past credible and to dispel any doubts that he had come from the slum.
 
And his role seemed to work. Aside from doubting him, he realized that Yamamoto had gained empathy.
 
"We got your turn number. You wait here, and in the meantime, I'm going to see a friend who can get you a house." Yamamoto went out after handing Blake  the paper that said "112."
 
Blake looked at his back for a while. After making sure he was gone, he threw himself into the chair where he was sitting with a deep "Hahhhhh" sound. 
 
"Just a little more, and then I can stop acting." Blake leaned against the chair, raised his head slightly, and looked at the sequence number written in front of the reception.
 
[98]
 
As he waited in line, he put his head back and closed his eyes.
 
"Number 112, please come to reception. Repeat. Number 112, please come to reception." It took a few minutes for Blake's turn.  Blake quickly stood up and came to the receptionist.
 
"Your ID, please." The receptionist asked with a professional smile, even if the person opposite was a child.
 
Blake took his ID out of his pocket and handed it to the receptionist.
 
"Do you have anyone with you that you can show as your parent or guardian? If not, I'm afraid I can't perform your transaction." [EN: The age of majority in Japan is 12.  But I decided to go like this because the disease or similar procedures were a little more serious. Anything outside of hospital-related matters will be done by Blake as Blake is 14 years old and is considered a minor in Japan]
 
Blake took a step to the side and pointed to Yamamoto, who was outside talking on his phone. That's when Yamamoto turned to the duo and waved his hand.
 
When the receptionist saw that a policeman was the guardian of the young man in front of him, he began to carry out the procedures. He seemed strange when he found out why Blake was coming, but he did his job as quickly as a professional would expect.
 
When the procedure was over, Blake headed to the room with the doctor to check on his Quirk. After clicking the door of the room several times, he opened it and went inside.
 
"Let's be quick, boy. I have a lot of work to do today." The doctor rubbed his nasal arch in frustration. 
 
Blake shook his head and followed the doctor behind him. 
 
There was an X-ray machine in there. The device was larger than Blake's height. Blake's seat was larger than most beds, while the X-ray machine was much more advanced than what was happening on Earth.
 
Blake reached for the X-ray machine on the doctor's instructions. The X-ray machine started working after a few seconds and scanned Blake's body.  
 
"Hm... Oh, here. Congratulations, boy. Despite your age, you have a Quirk." The doctor showed him his toe from Blake's X-ray. "Do you see this place? Full pinky bone. If you don't have this bone, you have a Quirk. Follow me to see your Quirk."
 
The doctor took Blake to a computer. The computer had Blake's personal information and a full-length image. His name, parents' names, blood type, and a lot of information was written alongside him.
 
'I've probably got the smallest detail.' Blake saw a triangle facing down next to the parent's name, and he was surprised. This thing was probably a family tree.
 
After Blake got away with his thoughts, he turned his eyes to the "Quirk" section next to his name.
 
[Quirk: Limit Exceeding]
 
[Quirk allows the person to cross any boundaries. Physical strength, endurance, speed, speed of thought can exceed any limit that a human has. But there is a price to be paid, and it is the vitality of the person. Each time the person crosses the line, a certain amount of vitality leaves the body and is used to cross the line. Vitality is multiplied by how many times it exceeds a limit.] 
 
Blake shook his head satisfied as he looked at his Quirk. With his Quirk, he was almost certain to be one of the strongest in the future and live a peaceful life. All Blake needed was time and training.
 
The humans had many boundaries. Physical, thoughtful, vital, whatever the subject, they have many boundaries. Humanity didn't know exactly how many limits they had, and maybe they never would have known, but with a short count, it could have gone over 100.
 
And Blake's Quirk was allowing that to be crossed in exchange for exponentially increasing vitality with each crossing.
 
To illustrate with an example; Blake would spend as much vitality as a fist when he crossed the line for the first time, while he would spend as much vitality as a ball in the second, a cannonball in the third, and a human-sized rock in the fourth.
 
He was going to cross boundaries, but after a while, he was going to hit a wall he couldn't get over. This wall was inadequate vitality.
 
Blake wasn't quite sure what line he was going to be on. But at the end of a border, the vitality that would leave his body would reach a level Blake couldn't afford, and that path of empowerment would end. [EN: These are not concrete levels, but examples.]

 
Fortunately, this cost of vitality was being reset at every different limit. To put this in an example, if a ball-sized vitality would leave his body when physical strength exceeded the limit twice, once a boundary in his brain was exceeded, that vitality would be at fist level.
 
[EN: Let me explain it as if there is a system for those who don't understand. When switching to [Physical Strength 2] --> [Physical Strength 3], the amount paid will be a [100X]. However, when switching to [Thought Speed ​​1]---> [Thought Speed ​​2], the amount paid will be [10X]. Unless the exceeded limit is the same, the amount paid will also vary.]
 
Blake's heart was wrapped in a fresh feeling as he looked at his Quirk. As long as he worked hard enough, he didn't have to worry about dying with a bullet again.
 
''!!'' The doctor who saw Blake's  Quirk had widened his eyes. It never crossed your mind that the young man next to you could be one of the great heroes of the future.
 
It was not uncommon for young people to come out with a bright future among the public. But it was extremely rare for so many flares to come out. 
 
There was no mention of the top 200 or 100 here. The doctor thinks blake could be in the top 10 or top five if he didn't have an accident.
 
After Blake thanked the doctor, he got his report and left the room. Along the way, he kept moving his face, warming his facial muscles.
 
He still had a role to do
 
"Oh, you're here. What's the situation?'' As he came down, Blake saw Yamamoto waiting for him. 
 
Yamamoto asked with a hidden concern that he tried to suppress it with a cheerful tone when he made eye contact with Blake.
 
"Looks like I have a Quirk. It's a very good one." Blake handed out the paper with a wry smile as if he wanted to show off his Quirk.
 
Yamamoto picked up the paper and immediately began examining it.
 
It's been a few seconds. He read the words over and over again, and every time he repeated it, his fingers were squeezing the paper more.
 
"It seems like I was worried about nothing. You have a very good Quirk." Yamamoto dipped his hand into Blake's messy white hair and began rubbing frantically. He was very happy that the dreams and future of this naive peasant youth in front of him were not destroyed.
 
After talking for a while, Blake and Yamamoto got in the car and headed to the house Yamamoto had arranged for Blake.
 
"The owner of the house is a friend of mine. I told him a 14-year-old would stay at the house with my permission, and I managed to get the house down to gold for a reasonable price. You have to pay 50,000 yen a month. So don't forget to get a part-time job." Keeping his eyes on the road, Yamamoto warned Blake. [EN: 81.36 m2 of a house at 250,000 yen.]
 
"Mmh..." After nodded his approval to Yamamoto, Blake turned his head out and began to look at the city where he would live in his new life.
 
"I also enrolled you in a school. The walking distance is 60 minutes, it takes 30 minutes by car." 
 
"Thank you. "Blake spoke in a grateful tone. He was grateful to Yamamoto for what he had done from the start
 
"You don't have to thank me. I'm helping you because I see myself in you." When they reached the crossroads, he tilted his head slightly forward and began driving to the left after checking that no one was coming from his left side.
 
"I didn't come from the village-like you, I'm from the countryside." Remembering the old ones caused your lips to curl up. "I still remember my first time in the crowded city from the countryside. I was excited to see new things and made a lot of mistakes. I don't want this to happen to you. So I'm going to help you to the end."
 
The vehicle didn't stop until it arrived at a three-story building. When the vehicle finally stopped, Blake got out of the vehicle and took a look at the building in front of him.
 
The building was five-story high and painted in a simple shady tone. It had two stairs, left and right. There were two apartments on the first, third, and fifth floors, while there was only one apartment on the second and fourth floors.
 
What attracted Blake the most was the food and beverage vending machines, which were lined up next to the stairs. There was all kinds of Japanese food and a variety of drinks.
 
"If you like it, you can get as much food as you want from here. Hot, cold, juicy, fried or steamed, all kinds of food are here." Yamamoto explained as they passed the vending machines.
 
The only apartment on the second floor where Blake would live next. 
 
Blake and Yamamoto broke into the house with the landlord waiting for them at the door. After the host showed the pair around the house, Blake signed the contract that the stunned landlord extended to him.
 
Yamamoto and the landlord went about their business after the signing. After Blake thanked Yamamoto for the last time, he saw him off and closed the door.
 
"Fuuuu..." With the door closing, Blake's shoulders collapsed and he exhaled audibly throughout the house. His head ached from successive events, his bored soul screaming for sleep.
 
Blake decided to follow his soul and fell asleep, throwing himself on the couch without even checking the house.
 
[EN: Do you fully understand Quirk? If you don't get it, I can explain it properly in the next chapter I've posted.]

 
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to clear some things up here.

I've decided to make Blake's Quirk a sidekick. As you remember, I had some ideas for Quirk from you and I had read almost all the ideas and there were two that came to mind. But one of them was almost completely useless except for one function, while the last one was pretty similar to my current idea.

Body strengthening

I read/watched the Flash series quite a long time ago. That's why I can't remember some things clearly and I have to get help from the wiki. But I haven't seen anything on the wiki that makes Barry Allen's body stronger. (Write if any.) Apart from that, intelligence, perception, etc. the power of speed in everything strengthens the person over time.

As a result, I gave him a complementary flair. This Quirk not only strengthens the body, it removes any limit your mind can think of. However, this also required a big debuff or it would have been an extreme op skill. So I decided to spend vitality (life).

And a statement about Quirk, on features that are already far beyond the limits like Blake's speed, Quirk is useless.

 

33