Chapter 10: #####
1.1k 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What kind of people is the villains?

Crazy, mad like, abusing their power and loving to kill people or sacrificing people for their purposes, at least that's the general definition.

If you ask Blake, the bad guys are the ones who hold grudges. They are people who will not forget the wrong done to them or any evil done to them. Like a snake, they will wait for the moment of revenge, and when that moment comes...

They will bite you.

With Blake's powers, it was hard for that to happen. He didn't want to be arrogant, but with his speed power, and Quirk, he would be extremely strong now and invincible in the future in the MHA world.

But was the woman he loved the same as him?

Blake thought Nejire would be a strong hero with her Quirk and be in the top 10. But being invincible with her personality was difficult for Nejire.

With her naive and childish personality, she would make mistakes or make deficits, and her enemies would wait for that opportunity to finish her off.

Blake knew he had to sharpen his feelings to make sure that didn't happen. For Nejire not to be harmed, he had to renounce some human emotions and learn to kill.

Blake wasn't against killing like Midoriya, All Might, or any of the other heroes. At least he couldn't be.

Those idiots believed that no matter how long the villain escaped, they should still be thrown in jail and atonement. Although the Villain League kept smuggling villains out of prison or down the prison road, they kept throwing them in similar prisons without raising their security.

But Blake couldn't let that happen. Not when prisons are so fragile and defenseless, a heroic society so naive.

The snake had to decapitate before it grew up or secretly damaged it, and Blake had been working on it for the last year.

Every time he got it, he'd fight the bad guys and kill them. So he destroyed the compassion for the villain in his heart. For Blake, any potential target who could harm him and Nejire had to be killed.

When the time came, maybe he'd be judged and shunned. But he didn't care, he couldn't sacrifice Nejire just to say good things to the faces of two people out there.

For the good of mankind? What good would humanity do when the woman he loved wasn't there? The protection of life? Wasn't he doing the greatest insult to life by unleashing the bad guys who could hurt or kill Nejire?

Would just two tributes bring the dead Nejire to him? Would a few people congratulate him and honor bring back the pure smile that had disappeared?

The answer is a big no.

He wasn't going to, and knowing it, Blake was trying to solidify his heart as much as he could.

And that's what he's done in a year. Blake was on his way to U.A., hunting down bad guys to harden his heart at night or when he was alone.

One day, when he was hunting down another villain, he learned from him. He learned of this place that was paradise for the bad guy, the cop, and the outlaws, or just those who wanted to unleash the evil in them.

**
Let's go back to the present.

Blake fought three more battles throughout the night, fought four times in total, and went into the arena for his final fight today.

"We've come to one of today's last games, folks. Our battle will be fought with the Blood Lord in 1154. Odds 1:5 for 1154, 1:2 for Blood Lord''

As the odds were revealed, people started putting their money in. Those who had learned from previous wars were wise this time and after weighing everything, they were putting their money on it.

One of the important rules in the Underground Wars is that you cannot deposit money on both sides at the same time. This rule was made to instill in the person the feeling of gambling and being nervous when depositing money. So the person would make a mistake and put their money in the wrong place. As a result, the money would be distributed between the "OHRGM" and the other side of the bet.

But these were trivial matters. At least not for Blake. Because Blake was always putting money into himself.

He learned that the people who would appear today and for a while were those who had a little reputation. There were special times and events where the most important villain came out. There was no one here today who could force him.

Maybe Crazy Bull could've pushed him with his physical strength, but there was nothing he could do because he fell in his hands.

Among Blake's thoughts, the Blood Lord entered the arena. His strange red face had a sadistic expression, as in his battles. His bladed gloves glowed with an ominous, bloody glow.

"Start!" As soon as the presenter's voice was heard through the speakers on the edges of the arena, the Blood Lord was thrown forward.

Blake stood where he was and waited for the attack to come.

When the Blood Lord approached Blake, the blades emerged from his bladed gloves and punched him forward.

Blake tilted his waist back without moving his legs. When the cold knives arrived at their previous place, he put the weight of his entire body on one foot and kicked him under the armpit.

Pat! Tap! Tap! Tap!

The Blood Lord's face crumpled because of the pain of the kick. He bounced back a few steps with his face, which was struck by a sharp sensation of pain.

Blake gave power to his right leg and threw himself into the air. After turning his body in the air, he kicked him in the face.

Pat! Pu!!!

The blood lord spits blood from the kick but quickly picked himself up and punched Blake's leg, which was still in the air. It also set quirk in motion.

The Blood Lord's Quirk was to remove the blood from his body and shape it according to his will. Spears, swords, guns, as long as he knew its structure, he could turn it into anything that wasn't alive.

The blood in the Blood Lord's body began to emerge from his pores and cover his hand. His hand was shaped like several tentacles when covered in red blood, and he turned to Blake, who was still falling and wrapped his legs around him.

Puchi!! Fşşşş!!

"Ggggh!" Blake groaned slightly as the cold sensation of the knife that entered his flesh and the sharp sensation of pain spread throughout his body.

When he saw the Blood Lord attack working, he gained confidence and tried to punch Blake in the face with his empty hand. At the same time, little needles came out of his hands. Given the alignment of the needles, if Blake took this punch, his eyes and forehead would puncture and he would die.

Blake grits his teeth and tilted his body slightly before getting over the punch.

Vhoşş!!

The knives and needles ripped off a few of Blake's strands of hair. Blake grabbed the Blood Lord's arm and gave the weight of the body entirely to the man.

Pat! Pat! Pat! Pat!

He started kicking the guy in the face with his free foot. The two's position was quite eccentric, but it was entirely to Blake's advantage. Each kick got to exactly where he wanted to go and kicked the Blood Lord in the face.

The Blood Lord was stunned by Blake's kicks. He stepped back until he rested his back against the wires behind him. Blake thought he had the opportunity, grabbed the wires with both hands, and kicked him in the face with all his free foot.

"Trouble.'' The Blood Lord realized that if the kick reached its goal, he could pass out and pulled back the tentacles and knife he had controlled with his Quirk and put his body on the ground.

"Tsss..." A pain session hit Blake as the sharp knife came out of his flesh. He bit his tongue with a slight hiss.

PAT! Jing!

The kick hit the wires and the wires rattled. Blake, who lost his balance when the man instantly shifted, grabbed the wires and threw himself back.

He turned his body in the air and landed on both feet.

The speed power that kept his body at its best every second was already starting to heal the wound. The bleeding wound stopped and the wound began to heal.

But the recovery was invisible due to pants and blood.

'Let's get this over with quickly.'" Blake ran forward, ignoring his stinging foot, and punched him when he came in front of him.

The man held the fist with his hand. His empty hand was covered in blood, the blood quickly turned into sharp knives. On the wrist, a gun slowly began to form.

The blood lord bit his tongue to relieve dizziness caused by anemia. His knit improved, but darkened again the next second, with Blake's head-snapping.

The blood on his arm waved with the Blood Lord stunned and dissipated the next second. Blake didn't give him time to breathe. He punched her in the stomach with her free arm.

"Ughhh..."" The breath in the blood lord's lungs left his body with the punch. Blake didn't stop and grabbed his head with his hand and put it on his knee.

PAT! CRACK!!!!!

His nose broke, blood started flowing. The Blood Lord's pupils lost focus and his vision began to blur. The hand holding Blake's fist loosened

His freed hand became a claw and he grabbed the man's trembling head and hit the ground with all his might.

Pat! Crack!

Another breaking sound was heard. The Blood Lord's body trembled and remained motionless a few seconds later.

Blake left the guy's head. He breathed a sigh of relief and returned to leave.

"Dear spectators, as you can see, the Blood Lord has been killed. The winner of the bets was 1154 - WAIT, WHAT IS THIS?''

Blake felt a cold in his spine as he intended to leave. His whole body screamed for him to escape.

Time slowed down for Blake. The shifting expressions of some sad, some happy audiences began to move in slow motion.

Blake quickly waved his arm back.

Svish! Svish! Svish! Svish! Dip! Dip! Dip! Dip!

Blake's arm was stabbed multiple times. The blood-soaring knives entered his flesh and lodged in his bones, severely injuring his arm.

Blake instantly turned around and took his stance, but what greeted him was the Blood Lord with an unbelieving gaze, taking his last breath.

"That was close." The feeling of almost dying shook Blake. After exhaling deeply for a while, he began to take turns dismantling the knives.

Krrr-CHA! Krrr-Cha!!

As Blake pulled out the knives lodged deep in his bones, the voices were heard causing the audience to breathe cold.

After Blake pulled out the knives in a flash, he went to the attendant to get his money and his new token.

"H-Here, Mr. White, this bag has all your money and this is your new token." The attendant was startled to look at Blake, who was so cruel to himself. Yet he did his duty in a shaky voice.

Blake shook his head and left the area after picking up the bag and token, disappearing into the darkness of the hallway, following the bewildered gaze.

He started walking alone on a quiet night. He walked home step by step between the melodic whisper of the wind and the glow of the moon hitting the ground from above.

He walked around for a while before he came home. After wandering around for a few minutes using his speed in blind spots, he came to his house and closed the door.

Pat! Thud!

When the door closed behind him, he collapsed. He wrapped his cold sweat-covered body with his hands and pressed himself against the wall. His body slid along the wall and sat on the floor.

"Almost... I almost died again." The whisper of death had not left his body since. As his heart continued to beat faster than ever before, his every breath was extremely cold.

He put his hands in his hoodie to warm his cooling fingertips. The tingling in his spine and the image of death in his mind kept bothering him.

"I need to pull myself together." Blake tried to lift himself for a while, but he failed. He couldn't gather strength in his body for some reason. The wound on his arm and leg had already healed, but his arms could not lift his body, as if all the strength in his body had been drained.

After a while, he gave up and collapsed on the doorstep.

"So that's what a near death experience feels like. Disgusting...'' Blake made a joke that wasn't a joke to dispel the trauma he almost suffered, but there was no sound out of his mouth except a bitter laugh.

Minutes passed, and Blake's eyes closed slowly. He fell asleep on the doorstep.

**

The moon has left the sky, the sun has taken its place. As the heat engulfed the sky, the creatures, especially humans, began to wake up. Commuters stood up at 6 am in an uncomfortable mood, while the agitated students, realizing it was today's weekend, breathed a sigh of relief and fell asleep cheerfully.

Blake's eyes were blinking as he collapsed on the doorstep. He opened his eyes and stood up, accompanied by sunlight reflecting through the window and illuminating the room.

"I fell asleep." Blake stood up and shook himself slightly to remove the uncomfortable sensation from his body.

But it failed. The feeling of death seemed to stick to it. The uncomfortable feeling in his heart didn't stop him.

"Anyway, life goes on." Blake went to the bathroom to wash his face.

When he was done, he decided to go to QYM for his daily workout. After a quick meal and bath, he set off for QYM.

Chapter Name: Near Death.

19