Chapter 19: Meeting with Lilith, Unexpected Developments
693 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

By the time Nejire got home, Blake has already left the house. The address Lilith wrote on the paper was an area with a lot of alleys, and even if she knew her exact address, she had to search for a while. So he decided to leave the house early.

The trigger's function was very important to Blake. The function of this drug, which he took by putting his life on the line, was quite important to him, although it was not at all challenging for him, he was dying once due to the surprise factor.

He probably should have learned about the effects of this drug on his body, which would strengthen his Quirk or completely change his Quirk.

Plus Alpha refers to the physical or genetic traits that make up a person's Quirk. It contains all biological mechanisms that make the person's Quirk work properly and refers to the part of the body that uses Quirk.

In Katsuki Bakugo's case, these were sweat glands, while in Blake's case these represented his entire body.

The Quirk change was a mutation of certain parts of the body or genetic code. The smallest problem at the mutation stage could have caused a bad mutation, which could have caused Blake a great deal of damage.

Although speed power could cure most things, there was a chance that it wouldn't cure things that weren't diseases, such as mutations or aphrodisiacs. These things had effects such as changing the overall structure of the body without damaging it and increasing the strength of a hormone present in the body, that is, instead of harming the person, they were changing it and strengthening the hormones. [EN: I don't know if speed power can cure the mutation.]

Blake thought it could cure it, but he had to prepare himself in case it didn't happen, and that preparation was information from Lilith.

It took Blake an hour to find their meeting place, and after an hour he was looking at the sign for the modest little building in front of him.

Abu&Wei

There were a few words and shapes written in clean and pleasing handwriting on top of a wooden board that glowed with the orange light of the darkened sky, with an exterior structure that was cleanly cut and had no protrusions.

Blake opened the door and went in.

As soon as he walked in, it was like he was in another world. Any noise and human noise reaching his ears suddenly interrupted, replaced by the sound of the piano playing in a pleasant tone. The cold air he didn't feel much of disappeared, and a heatwave hit him in the face, making him feel like he was in his mother's house.

The mismatched smell of alcohol and coffee tickled his nostrils. The pair, who had no sleep at all, somehow had a mesmerizing unit here.

Blake closed the door and let the atmosphere engulf him take him for a few seconds. As time went on, a relaxed smile bloomed on his face.

After a while, he opened his eyes and took the opportunity to look around.

The interior of the building was furnished with simple but relatively luxurious materials. The dirt-free floor was glossy and polished to reflect the foot of the person stepping on it. The bar section was embroidered with nice ridges, and the top was as polished as the floor.

Outside the bar area, there were clean tables, furnished with comfy armchairs where the person could rest alone.

Whether it was a district, building, interior design, or atmosphere, it was a luxurious and peaceful bar where one could relax and have a drink.

Blake walked step by step towards the woman who was drinking alone in the bar. The pink-haired, petite-sized woman sipped on her drink indifferently alone, constantly staring around with great curiosity.

"You're here." She hasn't had a look at blake since he walked into the bar. And yet she spoke confidently that it was Blake.

Blake sat next to the person known as Lilith.

"What do you want, Mr.customer," a bartender came in between the two's silence and asked Blake after handing him a menu.

"Hmm." Blake gave Lilith one last look. Lilith seemed to have no intention of speaking, curiously examining the environment, making sure she was looking at even the smallest detail.

He finally decided to have a drink and looked at the menu.

"Woah." Blake's eyes widened. Every drink on the menu looked pretty good and there were a few overly luxurious drinks that he knew their names on. The menu even featured Luwak Coffee, which used to be the world's most luxurious coffee and is still at the top of the charts.

But that wasn't the most surprising part, the most surprising part was that all the drinks were sold at reasonable prices. Any middle-paid officer could easily have a drink here.

Blake quickly recovered from his surprise and ordered one of the best coffees in his way.

"I'm bringing your order right now.''After the bartender respectfully leaned over towards Blake, he picked up the ingredients from below and started making the coffee.

Blake started watching the guy make the coffee. Instead of being interested in making coffee, he was interested in his technique. He liked to cook or he liked to make things for the women he loved, he thought he could get something from the guy.

[EN: Everything from here is my imagination. I don't know if there is such a method]

The man placed the stuff he had taken from under the bar table in front of him. A bowl of hot water, a coffee mug, a quarter cup of milk, and a spoon, all the ingredients were.

He put the coffee cup in hot water. After the cup warmed up on its own for a while, he took some coffee in his gloved hand.

The resulting coffee had no smell. It was like a piece of stone, with nothing special except the eccentric appearance and cracked surface of brown-black coffee.

When the man left coffee in the water, a bomb went off. A fascinating aroma entered Blake's nostrils and spread through his brain and taste buds. Yes, Blake's been drinking coffee, but he's already got that mouthwatering taste.

Blop!

One drop of milk went into the coffee and another shock engulfed Blake. He had never smelled anything that smelled so good in his life. The sweet smell of milk, which wrapped around the mesmerizing smell of roasted coffee, went through Blake's nostrils and spread throughout his body.

Blake's tiredness is gone. Unlike his never-tired body, his soul and mind, tired by thoughts in recent days, rested with the smell of coffee.

"Your coffee is ready." After adding coffee for the last time, mixing the coffee with elegant and on-site movements, he presented it to Blake without adding any extra ingredients, then left the pair alone.

Blake picked up the coffee and sipped it.

"Excellent." That's all he could say. It was the best coffee he'd ever had, and if it wasn't better than that, it would have stayed that way.

The taste of coffee and  milk danced in his mouth. When swallowed, in his mouth, throat, and eventually stomach, respectively, the column left its soft taste and the scorched, aromatic taste of coffee.

"Do you like it? Do you feel at peace?'' Blake reflexively nodded his head at Lilith's questions.

"That's what this place means. Abu&Wei are a combination of Abundantia, the goddess of alcohol, and Beiwe, the goddess who restores the health of the mad. Their motto is "Get Peace and Sanity While Drinking." Lilith looked at Blake's face. Unlike her masked appearances in previous encounters, she made it clear she was curious about Blake's reaction.

"Beautiful motto." Blake shook his head as he sipped from coffee.

"So, when are we going to start talking?" As much as Blake wanted to leave himself for coffee and just rest, he was aware of his priorities.

"Ask me what you want to know." Lilith waved her feet back and forth and turned in front of her and began sipping her drink.

Blake tilted his head to the side as he watched her move. Lilith's open demeanor confused her, recalling her inaction in previous encounters.

Even if he had a nice smile and a gentle demeanor on her face, these were nothing more than a mask, a curtain that hid her true feelings and offered Blake the image she wanted him to see.

Artificial and hypocritical, that's what Blake thought of Lilith. However, the woman before him now was completely different from the Lilith of that time.

"Are you Lilith?" If the previous Lilith gave him an empty shell air reading the script she was given until the last moment, the girl in front of him was extremely curious. It was very difficult to connect the two, except for the way they looked.

If Blake was going to choose one, he'd rather have the one in front of him than an empty shell with a mask on her face. Although she was more humane and selfish, she looked more like herself and was easier to talk to.

"Yes. One and only."' After hitting her in the chest with her hand, she raised her hand to the sky in a spectacular manner. She had an arrogant look on her face, but she only looked cute with her red face because of the alcohol.

"Hahh..." Blake shook his head before sipping his coffee. Even if she refused, there was nothing he could do.

He had asked Rumi about the trigger, and he didn't know much, even the Rank 6 Hero, except for its general structure. While it wasn't his only chance, but it was the easiest way.

"What exactly is the trigger?" Blake placed his coffee on the plate and laid his arms on the bar table.

"Let's think about it. Brief introduction of the trigger; It's about raising the Quirks. It's a drug used to greatly increase the power and influence of weak Quirks." Lilith's fingers started clicking the table rhythmically.

"The only reason it's developing weak Quirks is that strong or original Quirks don't have an upper variant, or I don't bother to create them." Lilith answered Blake's question before he even asked.

Blake turned around and took another sip of his coffee. Because coffee calmed his mind, it helped him think better.

"Can I use the trigger?" That's the question Blake was most interested in. Could he have used it?

"No, you can't use it because I don't produce the top variations of your Quirk." The trigger seemed to take their Quirks to the next level out of nowhere in people's eyes.

For example, if a man with lizard skin used the trigger, he could turn Quirk into a Quirk that provided Lizard power and flexibility, and that might have seemed to be made of nothing for them, but the situation was not as simple or magical as thought.

The trigger raised quirks to higher levels because inside the cells that make up the Quirks were the remnants of higher levels. Lilith planted these so people could thrive.

Blake's Quirk, however, was one of a kind and could not evolve because Lilith didn't produce top variations.

"Are there any side effects?" Although it bothered him not to be able to use it, he didn't give up and asked. If he couldn't use it, Nejire or Rumi could use it.

"There are a few. First of all, it does a great deal of damage to one's sanity. It is possible to see things like the desire to kill, the desire to blood in the individuals. There are also side effects of loss of taste. Usually, people's tongues are black. It's like this."' Lilith opened her mouth and revealed her tongue.

Her tongue wasn't as red-pink as it was in normal times. It had turned abnormally black and became increasingly black as time went on.

"However, this only applies to the first examples. None of this is what it has now. Maybe your tongue will get a little blacker, but that's a small price compared to the final result."

For companies, countries, and anyone who's ever been involved in underground wars and is looking for villains to take part in their work, what they want is security and manpower to use in various cases, not psychopathic killers. So OHRMG members were trying to improve the trigger as much as they could, and the final result was the complete loss of the mentally problematic feature.

"At least it's still usable" Because he didn't want the girls to have a black tongue and thought they wouldn't, Blake decided to put the trigger aside for now.

He had nothing left to talk to Lilith about, and when the conversation was over, it seemed like he had no intention of talking to her either. So the two reached a quiet agreement and began to enjoy their drinks.

When Blake finished his coffee, he ordered another cup. Two hours had passed since the beginning of their conversation, and it was already 8:00. Because he promised Nejire, he had to go home soon and sleep with his cute beauty.

So he decided to have another glass and go home.

"Hm?" His hands trembled awkwardly as Blake sipped a drink and thought of Nejire.

Tremors were an action that occurs when the body is weak and represents a person's loss of energy or fatigue. In Blake's case, however, the tremors from the deepest part of his heart, caused by a sense of unease, took over his body.

He began to feel as if his heart was being squeezed by someone. Deep in his heart, he felt as if the thing he held dear was about to disappear.

A slight sense of panic took over his heart. Blake couldn't make sense of his emotions and his body's reaction, but when he thought of Nejire, he decided to call his little beauty as these happened.

He took his phone out of his pocket and touched Nejire's registered number.

Dııt!

The phone started ringing. He grabbed the handle of the glass and took it to his mouth. He walked the glass around in front of his nose for a while to calm his mind from the smell of coffee. Then he took a sip of coffee.

From the beginning, the soothing feature didn't work this time. As Blake's agitated emotions grew, his hand holding the phone tightened slightly.

Dııtt!

"Pick up the phone now, Nejire." After a while, when there was no response, he began to get a sense of panic that he didn't realize.

It was like burning a piece of paper, slowly burning paper, feeling like it was turning to ash with every second it passed. If he was late, it'd be ashes and gone forever.

It's unclear when, and Blake stopped drinking coffee. His entire focus was on his phone, all he wanted was for Nejire to pick up the phone as soon as possible and talk to him as usual.

Blake involuntarily looked at Lilith in between his thoughts. He wasn't sure exactly why he did it, but his eyes went to this woman. When his eyes turned to her face, he noticed that she had shocked eyes as she looked at him.

Or rather, she was looking at his phone.

As the sense of panic grew and he finally took over his entire heart, the phone was called. He could breathe a sigh of relief and talk to the woman he loved, and he heard it.

He heard words he never wanted to hear, the tone he never wanted to hear.

''B-Blake, h-elp... *Cough.''

CRACKLE!

Lightning struck inside the bar, and the inside of the bar was painted elegant and spotless white. The roar of lightning caused the bar to tremble from the inside out, while employees at the bar panicked. The door was smashed by a loud bang.

Staff exiting their rooms saw Lilith sitting alone. The man sitting next to him was gone. There were burn marks on the boards on which the road leading to the door from where he used to sit was paved.

20