Chapter 21: Undecided Speed Race with Hawks
678 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During those two weeks, the days I was posting were full of holes. This is because I don't have any partitions in reserve and I write partitions daily. So instead of throwing partitions in these three days, I wrote partitions and stored a few backup partitions. I'll make sure to keep the day-to-day until episode 50.

---------------------------------------

The Musutafu region was one of the most prosperous regions in Japan. Apart from having different types of law enforcement agencies, agencies, and schools in various parts of the region, its most important feature was that it included the U.A.
 
Because of the training given by the U.A hero school, All Might, and various heroes, hero families, and families who wanted their children to be great heroes were moving to the neighborhoods of the Musufatsu region.
 
Not only them but various agencies were set up around the area. It was a move to get students living around the U.A. to come to their agencies. After all, if they were set up across Japan, it would be impossible for students at U.A. to choose them if they weren't a big agency.
 
That's why Musutafu and the surrounding regions were one of the most prosperous regions in Japan.
 
The Musutafu region was not without its vulgarity and prosperity, even at nightfall. People were entering various restaurants, cinemas, or businesses, walking with friends, family, or friends, or simply heading towards where they needed to catch up.
 
City lights were all over the place, and the natural lights hanging in the sky prevented the brightness of the moon and stars from reaching people's eyes.
 
As much as the city was swarming with people, it was also filled with villains who gained confidence and emerged from the darkness of the night. There was a chance that one out of 100 people in the crowd of people was the villain.
 
Aware of this, the heroes went on night patrols and carefully inspected the surroundings.
 
"I remember you. You're in 1-A in U.A., aren't you?'' a medium-sized, thin-build man asked the young man in front of him and signed the book that the young man had given him, which had a realistic drawing of himself and information.
 
The most extraordinary feature of the man was his two large red wings.
 
"Yes. I'm, Midoriya Izuku."  The boy in front of the man coughed a few times to fix his trembling voice and then replied. While talking to one of the top 3 heroes, his face reddened from the tension.
 
"Midoriya-kun, why are you here at this hour? Oh, please don't get me wrong. I'm just asking out of curiosity. As far as I know, the Sports festival is getting closer and I thought 1-A students like you devote every second to training.”
 
"Oh, it's not a problem. I know what you mean. Here's the situation...'' As the youngster waved both hands as if to say there was no problem, he had an embarrassed expression "My mother and I were going to Qym. Since the sports festival is a few months old, I thought I could train myself there."
 
"Hello, I am Inku Midoriya." When Midoriya's mother saw her son bringing her into the conversation, she took a step forward and introduced herself.
 
"It's nice to meet you. Keigo Takami." The man said his name would surprise most people in Japan. The red-wing man, Keioga Takami, was the Hawks in the top three.
 
''Qym, has it? I-''
 
Before Hawk finished his words, people's eyes were covered in an elegant, white light. Fog, milk, or the glow of the moon could not be compared to the white light that covers people's eyes. It was a cleaner and more beautiful white color than any of them.
 
CRACKLE!!!!! RUMBLEEEE!!!!
 
A roar of lightning that left people stunned and their ears lost their hearing echoed throughout the city square. Some people fainted loudly, while others were stunned and others suffered temporary loss of sensation.
 
"What's going on?" After Midoriya closed his ears, he stepped in front of his mother.  He activated his Quirk against any attack, his right arm wrapped in red stripes and an ear-scratching sound began to come out, but the sound was dissipating due to the sound of instantaneous wind waves.
 
Bzzttt!!
 
People's eyes dazzled again with white light, but this time there were electric sounds following. 
 
Vhoş!! 
 
Amid the gaze of bewildered people, a strip of white lightning passed the road at an excessive speed. Normal people, or those with powerless Quirk, could not notice the white lightning, while the stronger ones could only see a strip of light pass by for a second.
 
But Hawk's and Midoriya were completely different. While the Hawks could see the white bundle of lightning as they got used to high-speed battles, Midoriya was struck by a strange feeling.
 
It was a feeling he couldn't quite explain. If he wanted to describe the feeling, the most logical was instinctive fear and familiarity. Something deep down was quite similar to the bundle of lightning, but for some reason, he was extremely afraid of it.
 
Hwog! Vhoş!!
 
Hawk spread his wings and whipped strongly. His body's up in the air. As the familiar wind felt patted his face, he began to fly behind the bundle of lightning.
 
He couldn't let the person who created the bundle of lightning walk around like this and causes chaos. Even if he was a hero, he couldn't have used Quirk so recklessly in people. 
 
Haws thought he should be a hero with an urgent duty, as he didn't think there would be any villains in pro-3 patrols who were so self-evident and called all the heroes around him "I'm here."
 
And such a quirk use, which could cause any other complication, no matter how urgent the task, deserved a warning. 
 
Hawk decided to finish this job with his motto "The fastest of his brand" and take on the role of the reckless hero. 
 
He started flying at an extreme speed. Each wingbeat increased its speed even more. He pushed the air with his wings and took flight, which except for birds, people with wing Quirk only he was allowed to enjoy. 
 
He was constantly chasing a beam of white lightning among the illuminated buildings that illuminated the nightfall. After a while, he increased his altitude because, surprisingly, he couldn't come within an inch of it. The enormous distance between the two was only increasing. If he didn't increase his altitude, he could lose his lightning beam.

 
'I'm not going to catch it like this.'" He was known as the Hawks, not by his muscle strength or physical strength, but by his speed. Among the heroes, he had the confidence to say he was fastest after All Might.
 
But for the first time in his life, he couldn't keep up with anyone at speed, and although it surprised him, it also triggered the flames of competition within him. After this was over, he wanted to race the man in the lightning beam.
 
Hawk turned his body 45 degrees to the ground and flapped his wings. Thanks to the laws of physics, his speed increased a little more and he got close enough to call out to the lightning beam.
 
"Hey, you're. Lightning-man. Stop now. No matter how urgent, you can't use your Quirk so recklessly. This will cause nothing more than problems, no matter how urgent your heroic mission." 
 
Hawk was close enough to the lightning beam to announce his words. So the person inside the lightning beam must have heard his words, but the person's speed did not decrease for a single second, instead it accelerated.
 
The person inside the lightning beam instantly accelerated after taking a quick look behind him. 
 
"Hey, you-WOAH!" Hawk intended to call out again to the person inside the lightning bundle, but the person's extremely sharp turn caused him to stop instantly.
 
Surprised, the person's just return was against the laws of physics. The faster the person went, the more he had to take the risk of the laws of physics, a rule that even a fast guy like the Hawks couldn't break,  but he had just thrown the laws of physics out the window.
 
"I'm not going to lose you." He took his stance and flapped his wings before throwing himself into the sky. 
 
Buildings and the earth were getting further and further away, his vision becoming increasingly bird's-eye view. As his eyes sharpened like a hawk, he began to study the city for any white glow.
 
"There." After a quick examination, he was able to see her. Amid the orange lights and the dark sky behind him, the person's white lightning bolts were shouting "I'm here."
 
He moved tens of meters in a single flapping of wings and began to follow the man again.
 
This one didn't last long. The person in the lightning rod had taken the wrong path and had the chance to block his way, just as he was about to turn around and leave.
 
The feathers on his wings started to fall out one by one. The fallen feathers stood in the air and settled on both sides of the air, blocking the entire street.
 
As he landed, he took a deep breath and, despite any circumstances, took a fighting stance. He also had the opportunity to examine the man or woman.
 
Since his entire body was covered in unblemished white lightning bolts coming out of his body, all he could see was his raven-black eyes, where lightning danced, except that the man opposite was 5'10", had a good physique, and was a "man."
 
"Hey, fast guy. You have good speed, but you seem to be new to heroism. Let your senpai teach you a lesson or two about heroism. First of all-'' as the Hawks took a deep breath, he shook his head slightly towards the man with a know-it-all look. His deep breaths and sweat flowing from his forehead didn't quite match the tension in the air.
 
''Fuck off!!''
 
Before he could finish his words, a louder sound than lightning struck in his ears. As the lightning strikes over the man, the sound of thunder filled the closed street. 
 
RUMBLE!
 
Lightning struck and the lightning went up around him. The wind and small lightning arcs carried by the shock wave from the lightning strike were stroking the Hawks' face every second and burning the hairs on his face.
 
"Gulp*." Hawks swallowed deeply. His clenched fists were covered with sweat, showing his tension.
 
It wasn't the lightning bolts or the shockwave that made him nervous. He had faced many bad situations and life-and-death moments before, so he wouldn't be nervous, even if he was up against Endeavor or All Might.
 
It was his eyes that made the Hawks nervous.
 
Yes, his eyes. His raven-black eyes, where lightning seemed to dance and move from right to left, were filled with madness. The look of a crazed predator settled in his eyes. It looked like it would smash everything in its path. 

It wasn't like that, he was going to do it. The man opposite had the look that made it clear that if he were the most virtuous and right man or innocent person in the world, he would tear him apart. And those looks, which he hadn't seen in the bad guys before, made the Hawks nervous.
 
"I-I don't know why you're so angry, but-" Despite being nervous, he had duties as a hero. The Hawks were aware of that, coughing several times to force the tension over him and trying to talk to the man.
 
However, the man was thrown at him before allowing him to answer again.
 
"So this is how it's going to be." The Hawks sighed that a man with such a beautiful Quirk who could benefit humanity was not a hero and prepared for the next attack.
 
It took less than a second for the man to get close to him. Just as he was preparing to wage a war that could have led him to his death, something strange happened.
 
The man walked sideways without touching him after appearing in front of him faster than in the blink of an eye. Before the Hawks could react, he stepped into the wall and the next second disappeared into the night, climbing onto the top of the building.
 
Despite seeing all this, he didn't react. His brain's reaction rate couldn't keep up with the man's speed, so he just stayed in a combat position. 
 
**
 
Nejire... Answer Nejire. Honey, tell me something.” Blake was in no condition to reflect on what had just happened. With his trembling voice, the words were forced out of his mouth with his pleading gaze on the phone.
 
"B... Blake... I'm dizzy. My eyes... has close-'' He spoke quickly when the words that made his heart leaped came.
 
"Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes no matter what, okay, honey? I'll be right home, please don't close your eyes." Blake's clothes started catching fire because of excessive friction, but he didn't care.
 
He ran through the roofs of buildings and walked down the wall when he had no way to run, and ran over all the buildings on the shortest route home.
 
The roofs of the buildings, which were covered like a curtain by the darkness of the night, were illuminated by lightning from Blake's body. If someone looked over the city, they could see a white strip moving at excessive speed in the city.
 
After a few tortured seconds, like years, the answer came. 
 
"T... Okay, I'm going to have to.'' Nejire's voice was heavy. She seemed to be barely speaking, but her voice had gained strength in Blake's words.
 
"That's my girl. Be strong and don't close your eyes. I'll give you a reward when I get back." Blake pushed himself to run faster. His legs and hands were on his limits, but while he left all the work to the speed power, his only focus was on the run.

 The soothing sound of burning wood, torture for Blake, was being transmitted continuously over the phone. Every little popping sound made his heart beat violently. He didn't want to hear these voices anymore and wanting to get his Nejire back safely, he tried to increase his speed again.
 
He repeatedly tried to use his Quirk to break his boundaries and accelerate, failing for a reason he didn't know. The speed power seemed to deny Quirk touching him.
 
"B... Blake... Eyes... my eyes hurt... it hurts a lot...'' Blake didn't want to hear those words, too. He didn't want to hear any of it, but that's all Nejire could say in his unstable condition, and it was also the only thing that indicated that he was alive in his current condition. He grits his teeth and kept listening.
 
He's taken the familiar road home. The smell of burnt wood, ash, and smoke-filled his nose as his feet slammed the road to the ground.
 
When he got to the end of the road, he saw the house he'd wanted to get to from the beginning of the conversation. His two-story house was on fire. Parts of the house were blackened and shattered, while others were dark red, indicating that it had just caught fire.
 
His emotions were multiplied by sadness, panic, and fear. He didn't care about his house, for a second he didn't care or think about it. All he could think of was Nejire.
 

15