Chapter 21
632 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[A Few Hours Ago]
 
"The Sports Festival is coming up. I should definitely be 1st this time." Nejire was at the training ground downstairs at Blake's house. Speaking alone on the training ground, she turned her hands into fists and waved her fists in a decisive, but also cute expression.
 
Like Nejire, a member of Ryukyu's agency and a member of the Big 4 didn't need to care about the first place except for personal desires.      
 
But Nejire didn't want that. She wanted to be first because of the burning competition and the desire to improve himself.
 
Also...
 
“I have to show my best side when Blake is watching me.” She wanted to show Blake her best side, and that desire had increased after the sports festival tournament and beauty pageants she had lost in the past years.
 
"Let's get started." Nejire's been working on a technique for a while. This technique would allow her to defeat Mirio, one of the biggest obstacles to her becoming 1st.
 
If he did, Blake would be her biggest obstacle.   As much as Blake couldn't hurt  Nejire, they were certain to draw because he wouldn't let her beat him up.
 
Blake, however, disagreed. For some reason she didn't know, he had no interest in sports festivals and various events like this, and she recently learned that he wasn't interested in being a hero.
 
In short, Blake wouldn't be attending the sports festival. In this case, the biggest obstacle to being 1st was Mirio.
 
After a few hours of training, Nejire finally completed the special move and increased the probability of being 1st.
 
"Hmm..." Nejire frowned lightly. She was dizzy due to excessive use of vitality, her legs trembling nonstop, working to keep her body afloat.
 
She'd tried too hard to complete her new special move. İt used Nejire's vitality every time she used quirk, and after more than 2 hours of work, there was almost no power left in Nejire's body.
 
Dragging her legs, she headed to her room, where she dreamed of sleeping with Blake. In normal times, eating or sitting in such situations was enough to refresh its vitality. But today she decided to sleep for a while, as she used more vitality than normal time.
 
After dragging herself into her room, she went in and closed the door. After setting the alarm, she turned off the lights and put herself to bed.
 
She fell asleep a few minutes after resting her head on the pillow.
 
...
 
 
"Huff... Huff...'' A man was in trouble outside the house when Nejire fell asleep.
 
This was the man that the leader of the group Yamazaki had assigned to Blake, had ordered him to stand around Blake's house and cause trouble when the time came. 

'Why does it all happen to me one after  the other?'" The man was crying inside. When he started this business, he thought it would go quite smoothly like his predecessors, but he couldn't be more wrong.
 
He was first caught by the police while watching the house, then attacked by various animals in the tree where he was hiding, thinking he was hiding in a safe place and was chased by a dog before eventually coming here.
 
And now the boss was calling to him, even though he didn't know anything about anyone entering or leaving the house. It was probably time for the operation to begin.
 
"B-Boss?" He supported his trembling hand with the other hand and took the phone to his ear.
 
"What's the situation? Did Nejire Hado leave the house?'' 
 
The man's heart leaped. What had happened to him had begun before he even started and ended sometime before he called, he had no idea whether Nejire Hado was at home or not.
 
'I can't give the wrong answer...'' His hands were shaking as he thought what would happen if the operation went wrong. He barely swallowed the lump in his throat and after taking his phone away from his ear, he began to look at the house through the fence.
 
There was no light on in the house. Downstairs, upstairs, nowhere, the light wasn't on and there was no sound coming from the house. No one should be home in this situation, right?
 
It was a ridiculous and unfounded justification, but he had no choice. He was sure that if he screwed up, he'd be one of the first to die.
 
"She left, boss." He put his phone back in his ear. After swallowing deeply, he replied.
 
''Good. The order came from above. They decided to give Blake a smaller but more effective ultimatum than the others. We're going to burn the house down."
 
'O-OK.'" It was easy for him. Thanks to his Quirk, he could have finished it quickly. 
 
He put the phone in his pocket and took a step home.
 
"Hm?" When the man stepped home, his body filled with cold sweat. 
 
'What's this?'" He stopped to make sense of his feelings and looked around. No one was looking at him and he was sure he'd already got over the cop who was chasing him, so why was his heart beating so crazy and his back was covered in a cold sweat?
 
"Are you doing it?" Before he had a chance to make sense of his feelings, he heard the boss's voice again and jumped out of his seat. He brushed aside the strange sensations and started walking into the backyard.
 
When he got to the edge of the house, he started his Quirk, no care if anyone saw him. He didn't have to worry because employers had a habit of rallying their backs so that their dirty work wouldn't come out or draw suspicions at them.
 
The lower groups who knew this could do their jobs as openly as they wanted, without fear of being caught.
 
He started his Quirk. Small flames appeared at his fingertips. That was his Quirk, making small flames appear at his fingertips. He wasn't very good at other jobs, but he was very good at arson.
 
It took a few seconds for the flames on his fingers to spread to the exterior of the house. He didn't have to do anything anymore, and he turned around before quickly leaving the scene.
 
"God protect us ." He didn't know why, but every second he was doing the job and looking at the house where the flames were slowly spreading, the fear in his heart was chilling all over his body. As if the Grim Reaper's scythe was at his throat, his breath was gasping, his thoughts in his mind were dissipating. That's why he did something he and no one else has done in a long time.

 Prayed.
 
**
 
"Mmmh?" Nejire's eyelashes trembled. A few seconds later, she opened her eyes shaky. 
 
Her nostrils were burning, her windpipe was parched. She felt strange nausea in her stomach as the sides of her lungs hurt sharply.
 
"Did I sleep too much?" She put aside the strange reactions on her body and tried to get up thinking she was sleeping more than the orange colors reflected on the ceiling.
 
'Ughhh' But before she could do that, a big headache hit Nejire. As her vision waved, she was dizzy.
 
She put her hands to the bed and took a deep breath to regain consciousness.  But for some reason, the room was very pressed and warm. Breathing was very difficult and painful for her.
 
"Window..." She put her hands on the bed and as she was about to lift herself, she saw it.
 
''???'' Lush flames were spreading slowly throughout the room. The interior of the room was covered in flames and corseted wood, resembling an image from hell. A layer of dark clouds was accumulating and spreading over the room every second.
 
Nejire's pupils shrank in fear. She stood up to leave the room.
 
Pat!
 
"Aghh..."" But when she stood up, she realized there was no power in her body and fell to the ground. While her whole body trembled violently, she could not collect a single particle of power in her body. 
 
Nejire was committed to the Quirk study, knowing that she would do nothing for the rest of the day. The vitality diminished by hours of Quirk practice was not something that could be regenerated by a few hours of sleep.
 
Also, the carbon dioxide she inhaled in vague amounts was finally taking effect, and when these two things combined, her body was unable to gather strength and was experiencing various effects.
 
"I have to get out." Nejire was aware of how quickly a fire could spread. If she doesn't leave the room quickly, she'll be roasted here.
 
That couldn't have happened. She had a life to live with Blake. She was going to have a happy time with the man she loved. Maybe their relationship would develop and they'd have kids. She had to get out of here for all this.
 
Nejire tried to drag herself out of the room with her new determination. But the power in her arms could not be gathered even if she wanted to.
 
Vhoşş!!
 
Flames spreading from the corner of the room reached the ceiling and began to spread to the ceiling, which was heated by black smoke. The instantaneous heat boost lashed Nejire's resolve, collecting the smallest power from her fingers and trying to drag herself.
 
Babump!
 
Her heartbeat was as hard as she could hear. She felt a momentary pain in her chest. It was like someone was grabbing her heart.
 
Babump! Babump!
 
Her heart rate got faster and faster, the pain in her chest increased every second. As Nejire brought herself as close to the ground as possible, she was gradually losing hope of getting out of here. 
 
"Blake..." The man she loved came to mind for no reason. She felt she had to call him for some reason, not to commemorate her for the last time.
 

She turned his head and started looking for the phone. It didn't take long for her to see the phone, it was on the table by the bed.
 
She grits her teeth and puts her arms to the ground. As soon as her arms stretched, they started shaking wildly, threatening to put her body on the ground.
 
Nejire took a deep breath and stabilized her condition before pushing herself back.
 
Pat! Thwak!
 
She threw herself back with the little power she'd amassed. She put his hand on his phone as he fell to the ground. Her arm hit the edge of the nightstand, covered in sharp pain, causing a swelling in the area she hit. 
 
Nejire put aside the sharp pain and picked up the phone that had fallen to the ground. Between her trembling fingers and her found vision, she intended to call Blake, but Blake was already calling for her.
 
He answered the call and answered it in a shaky voice.
 
"B ... Blake, help-" Before she could finish her sentence, she heard a thunderous sound that bothered her ears
 
''B-Blake...''
 
"Where are you, honey? I'll be right there." Blake's voice was so hectic that it could be transmitted over the phone. He spoke without giving Nejire a chance to ask any questions.
 
"I'm at H-Home." Nejire came to the fetal position and brought herself as close as possible to the corner where there was no fire.
 
"The house? Why are you in danger at ho- Anyway, I'm coming right over there." The sound of lightning was getting louder. 
 
The heat in the house was getting hotter when Nejire was talking. A few pieces of flame spread through the black finds spreading on the ceiling and began to spread throughout the ceiling. While 3/1 of the room was covered in fire, the air inside the room was gradually dimming.
 
Nejire's body is covered in sweat. Every time she breathed, her lungs were burning. Her eyes were watered by smoke, and her vision was blurred for internal and external reasons.
 
"B-Blake, I..." Nejire was gradually losing hope in life. That's why she wanted to tell the man she loved for the last time that she loved him.
 
"Nejire! Nejire, come on, tell me something. What did you learn at school today? I'm so curious right now."
 
The way Blake diverted, even in this situation, made Nejire smile warmly. Her cheeks began to get wet with tears dripping from her eyes. 
 
"Sure, today-" She continued to speak fetally in the corner of the room, where the flames were spreading gradually. Even as flames and dark clouds shook around her, her body cooked due to extreme heat and she suffered from the air she could barely breathe into her lungs, she kept her eyes and attention on the phone.
 
Their conversation continued as the room, perhaps the house continued to burn down. The space for Nejire to survive was dwindling. Like an animal in a cage, trapped by flames. The sound of burning wood sounded like the Grim Reaper waiting to pick her up.
 
Despite all this, Nejire continued her speeches with a smile on her face. 
 
"B... Blake... I'm getting dizzy. My eyes…” The dizziness was unbearable. All Nejire wanted for a while was to close her eyes
 
"Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes no matter what, okay, honey? I'll be right home, please don't close your eyes."
 
But Blake's hectic voice and promising voice prevented her from doing so. It was hard for Nejire to even think straight, but she did her best to keep herself awake.
 
"O...k''
 
She came out of the fetal position. She leaned her back on the floor and turned her head to the ceiling. Her face was covered with soot, and her eyes were watery with emotion or extreme emotion.
 
The cream ceiling was completely covered in flaming smoke. The flames that caressed her face made her face red and cause her pain, but it was also the only thing that could keep her awake.
 
"That's my girl. Be strong and don't close your eyes. I'll give you a reward when I came.'' Nejire involuntarily grinned at Blake's words. She was looking forward to Blake's award. She swore that if she got out of here if she held on to that possibility that even she didn't believe in, she'd get her reward.
 
 
"B... Blake... Eyes... my eyes hurt... it hurts a lot...'' It was not her intention to reproach or reflect her pain. She thought she needed to talk to keep herself awake, and she just did. It was the only idea she could get from her fuzzy thoughts due to the lack of oxygen
 
There was no response, only thunder noise.
 
'I don't want to die.' She opened her mouth to say it, but the words didn't come out of her mouth. She didn't want to look bad or weak to Blake in her final moments.
 
She forced herself to breathe in the room without oxygen. As the smoky flames engulfed the room and ceiling to capture her, a few words came out of her mouth.
 
"I love you, Blake." That was all she could say before she closed her eyes and passed out. Her body and brain eventually succumbed to the lack of oxygen and shut down the body to protect themselves.
 
The last thing Nejire saw before encountering eternal darkness was an elegant white color, contrary to her expectations. She liked this color as white as the hair of the man she loved. 
 

16