Chapter 22: Breath Again, Beating Again.
656 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

-------------------------------------

In a certain neighborhood of the Musutafu region, there was a house that ripped through the night sky and lit up its surroundings with orange-red lights. 
 
This house was illuminating the night because the house was on fire.
 
Normally in situations like this, people would call the police, the fire department and the ambulance in case of a possible injury, maybe call a hero. 
 
But that wasn't happening right now. The lights were off on the houses around the area where the flames were growing and the house was scorching, and it did not appear that ambulances, police, or firefighters would arrive. People in the neighborhood were playing three monkeys against the burning house.
 
"Pull the curtain, the kids can see outside." 
 
"Ok." Looking out the window of a house near the burning house, the woman looked at the house for the last time with regret and painful stares before pulling the curtains.
 
...
 
As soon as Blake came to the front of the house, he was pushed forward. At high speed, he came to the front of the house's burning door and smashed the door open.
 
The inside of the house was like a scene from hell. The area separating the second floor and the first floor was covered in flaming black smoke, and while every piece of furniture he could see was on fire, there was no room to walk properly. When he opened the door, the heat hit him in the face, causing the hairs on his face to burn and his nose to fill with the smell of burning.
 
Despite all this, Blake walked in without a second thought. 
 
The interior of the house, which was lit by orange flames, shone with white light. The white lightning strip was all over the house, living room, kitchen, downstairs, if someone from the outside looked in, he could easily see the white strip moving at excessive speed.
 
Blake got to the second floor in less than a second and smashed open the door to his room.
 
Zvommmmm!!
 
As soon as he walked into the room, time slowed down for Blake. Although the white lightning from his body was at his usual speed, everything else slowed down in Blake's eyes. 
 
When he entered the room, he saw Nejire lying in the corner of the room, the furthest from the fire hell. However, the flames almost reached him and gave his body a slight red hue. 
 
But that wasn't the biggest problem. The biggest problem was the collapse of a large piece of the ceiling, which succumbed to the power of the raging flames. The size of the piece covered half the room.
 
Blake acted reflexively and came to Nejire. He immediately held her in his arms and turned around.
 
Tak! Kruck! TSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
 
But before he had a chance to step up, the piece from the ceiling fell on his back. The piece, which had already come very close to the ground, was very close to the ground during Blake's run and fell on his back just as he was about to leave.
 
A large, flame-covered piece of wood fell on his back, causing Blake's eyes to go behind his skull. As his whole vision dimmed for a moment, his thoughts were completely dissipated.
 
Tsss!!!  
 
The smell of burning flesh filled his nose, causing him to feel unbearable pain every second that passed. He could feel the flames spreading over his flesh. 
 
The immense pain should have been lost with his burning nerves, but every second the burning nerves and muscles multiplied Blake's pain and tortured him.
 
Blake brought Nejire closer to himself before quickly regaining his thoughts. He threw himself forward; he swallowed the pain of forcibly removing his flesh and skin, which was stuck in nails, pieces of wood, and rubble. Before his body touched the ground, he put his feet on the ground and ran forward towards the exit of the house.
 
Crash! 
 
The roof piece blake was holding on his back with his disappearance, which now has pieces of flesh and skin forcibly removed, continued on its way. When it hit the ground, the ground, which could not last much longer, collapsed with the load on it, leaving a large hole in the lower floor.
 
As soon as Blake left the house, the flames on his back went out in milliseconds from speeding. After Blake made sure he got far enough away from home, he put the soot-covered Nejire on the ground.

Even though he had gotten Nejire out of the burning building, he didn't dare breathe a sigh of relief. Nejire had suffered no physical harm other than his scalp from extreme heat to red. But that didn't mean the real danger had passed.
 
Carbon dioxide poisoning!
 
That was Nejire's biggest and most dangerous problem right now.
 
Because the human body breathes daily, it carries a certain amount of carbon dioxide in its blood. This amount was harmless because it did no damage to the body. 
 
However, if the amount of carbon dioxide in the person's blood exceeded a certain amount, it could cause great harm to the person. Palpitations, blackouts, breathing problems were the least that could happen to you. 
 
Permanent brain damage, damage to the Heart, and worst of all, death, which Blake never wanted to see, were the biggest problems that carbon dioxide poisoning could cause.
 
Blake bit his lips to ignore the negative emotions rising in his heart. He activated the speed power and moved. Right now, a single second could cause permanent damage to Nejire.
 
At 0.02 milliseconds, he raised his arm and pressed his fingers into his vein. 
 
No pulse!
 
Blake struggled to suppress the rising sense of terror and did his best to calm himself down. He ended his speeding power, aligned his arms upright, put his hands on top of each other, and began massaging the midpoint of Nejire's sternum bone.
 
One! Two! Three...
 
Thirty!
 
After massaging 30 times, he parted Nejire's lips, covered his nose so that his breath would not escape, and exhaled deeply.
 
He stopped exhaling as Nejire's chest rose and checked his pulse before starting the massage again.
 
"Still not..." His heart was pouring down his throat. Knowing that Nejire could die here, knowing that the cute little lover could lose, made his heartbeat with unease.
 

[EN: I dont know anything about Cpr, I write what ı see in internet]

One! Two! Three...
 
Thirty!
 
Breath!
 
No pulse.
 
One! Two! Three... Thirty!
 
Breath!
 
No pulse.
 
One, two, three... breath... No pulse. Massage... Breath... No pulse... Breath... No pulse... No Pulse-
 
Every second that passed, Blake's pupils were shaking. Time seemed to slow down, even though he didn't use his power. Every moment he spent with Nejire flashed before his eyes.
 
Massage... 

He remembered Nejire's smile. The pure, innocent smile that shines under her eyes in love while looking at him, her hands between her back and her hair, as she always does... İt was slipping away.
 
Breath... 

The heavy, fragrant breath she gave when they kissed wasn't there. She was going to never come back to him, never to come back, she was burning down to ashes like woods that she couldn't hear because of intense emotions but knew were burning there.
 
No pulse... 

Every passionate moment is a series of heartbeats that he feels and wants to feel more... İt wasn't coming back. No matter how hard he tries, İt wasn't coming back.
 
As his sanity was deteriorating with every second, he had one last thought. A knowledge that he learned only out of curiosity in high school and that he thought would never be of use to him is something he is grateful to have learned now.

He started using it as soon as he thought of it. 

"In a thousandth of a second, exactly 1100 Volts." Blake put his hands together and started rubbing against each other super-fast. Lightning strikes came out of his hands and gathered in blake's hands of his will. [EN: I don't know exactly how many volts the shock should be, so I bought it according to the Defibrillator device.]
 
He only had one chance. Nejire's brain was deprived of a lot of oxygen, and if he succeeded on his second attempt,  irreversible problems could arise in Nejire's body.  
 
"Come on, honey, come back to me." Blake pressed his hands against Nejire's chest and pulled them back in a millisecond.
 
While checking his pulse in the second of the millisecond, he also put his ears to her mouth.
 
''Haa... Fuuu...''
 
Dup! Dup! Dup  
 
As his face grew with happiness, a few tears flowed from his eyes. Finally…finally Nejire was back to himself.
 
He quickly wiped his eyes with one arm. Now was not the time to get emotional. Even though Nejire survived a critical condition, she was still unconscious and showing no signs of waking up. 
 
There was nothing Blake could do after that. He held Nejire in his arms, never a single look at his house or surroundings before he left. He couldn't hide his power in Nejire's current state. He was supposed to get to the hospital as soon as possible.
 
 
**
 
"B-Boss, should we report this?" The man who burned down Blake's house and caused Nejire's current condition asked his boss as he watched Blake, who was surrounded by white lightning, leave.
 
The boss didn't answer. He was too busy getting over the surprise that Blake's superhuman speed had left him with.
 
The whole story could seem like it took a long time to tell, but in their eyes, the whole thing happened in just a few seconds.
 
Blake arrived, wrapped in white lightning. He then entered with a speed they had never seen in any pro-hero before, and after only a few seconds he came out with Nejire Hado in hand.
 
This whole thing happened in, like, five seconds. After that, it was CPR and lightning shock.
 
The boss didn't answer the man when he was stunned. He took a deep breath as he twisted one arm in a circular motion to slightly stretch his muscles.
 
Bam! Crack! Pat!
 
He turned around and punched him in the face. The boss's punch caused the man to vomit blood and tooth fragments.
 
"Report? Report what? That you almost killed Nejire Hado, who shouldn't be touched, or that we almost deviated from our purpose by reporting lies to me? Ha, piece of shit, tell me what are you going to report?'' The boss grabbed the guy's collar and pulled him in. His eyes lit up in a brutal light.
 
This piece of shit fucked everything up. If Nejire Hado woke up and said she had nothing to do with the fire, the arrows would turn directly to them and the people in the vicinity. In such a case, it would be only a matter of time before they were exposed.
 
And the worst part was that they were the ones who were going to be caught in the middle. His uppercuts would certainly point arrows at them so as not to draw attention to themselves. Their lives were in a mess.
 
"N-Nothing, boss. B-But what should we do?'' The guy knew he was going to get punched again. He decided to ask anyway.
 
The boss raised his hand to punch again. The man closed his eyes and waited for the pain to come, but the pain never came.
 
"I'll think about it." He pushed the man to the ground before turning and leaving, and after looking at the house for the last time, he got into the vehicle without saying anything and started driving home.
 
 
 
 
 
 

16