Chapter 23: Vanishing Trust
618 2 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I couldn't assign a department yesterday due to my private affairs. That's why I'm going to post two chapters today.

"Mrs. Mirko, please convince your intern. If we don't do something, it could cause permanent damage." The doctor begged Mirko with certain desperation on his face. He was a humble doctor who never failed in his work and cared deeply about his patients.
 
 "Should I convince Blake? Reason? Blake wouldn't do anything to hurt Nejire." Rumi lowered her head in confusion as she walked with the Doctor to Blake's place. Two bunny ears lay sideways with her.
 
Rumi was sleeping until a call came.
She accepted with a pleasant smile as she thought the call was from Blake, but contrary to what she expected, a doctor from Fujiya Hospital called her. The subject was Blake again, but she had mentioned something that would surprise her.
 
Nejire was taken to hospital and was in serious condition.
 
When Rumi heard this, she immediately got out of bed and quickly changed her clothes, and headed to the hospital.
 
In her half-year relationship with Blake, she didn't get a chance to learn much about him. But he was sure of one thing:
 
Nejire was Blake's soft belly. There's a chance that this girl she was going to be a sister had taken root in the deepest and most special part of Blake's heart, and if anything happened to her, it would have a bad effect on Blake. 
 
She's supposed to be with Blake in a situation like this.
 
This was the reason why Rumi didn't understand what the doctor was saying at the moment. With Nejire in a bad situation, she was confident that Blake would not do anything that could harm her or worsen her condition. As she returned to the hallway of the room where Nejire was in intensive care, the Doctor answered. 
 
"The person I'm talking about isn't patient Nejire." Before he had a chance to respond to the Doctor's words, she froze with what she saw.
 
"I mentioned it, Mr. Blake." 
 
Rumi shook his head at the doctor and began walking towards Blake.
 
The skin on his back had turned to ash, it was impossible to find any pieces of living skin on his back covered with deep black burns, and his arms holding the window sill had their share of it. There were small holes in some parts of his back as if pieces of meat had been forcibly removed. In some of the holes, it was possible to see the bones.
 
When she came to Blake, she opened his mouth to talk, but quickly gave up. She came up to Blake and put her hands on the sill of the glass that was pointing to the inside of the ICU room and started watching inside with Blake.
 
Blake stared at Rumi. As his lips curled up, he put his hand on Rumi's hand and held her hand.
 
"You're badly beaten up." Rumi turned her hand and put her fingers on Blake's. She held his hand, ignoring anyone watching them around.
 
"Yes, that's what happened. I was a little careless." The warmth of their entwined hands communicated their feelings for each other and calmed Blake's complex emotions.
 
The two didn't talk anymore. With their hands wrapped around each other, they began to watch the other side of the glass. As time went on, Rumi's eyes were going back and forth between Blake's blackened back and the glass. She was trying to sneak a glance, but her movements had already been spotted by Blake
 
"If you want to say something, just say it." Blake turned into a woman. He was looking deep into Rumi's eyes as if he could see the emotions lurking in her eyes.
 
 
Instead of answering, Rumi looked into Blake's raven-black eyes. She shook her head before turning in front of her after a quiet period of uncertainty.
 
"Why are you refusing treatment?" 
 
"Refusing treatment? I'm not refusing treatment. I'm already being treated. You know, I don't need the doctors' treatment to get better.'' As Blake spoke words only the two of them could understand, he turned his eyes full of calm but secret anger before him.
 
"You're avoiding my question." Rumi turned her gaze to Blake. Her gaze seemed to sink into Blake's skin
 
"I've been caught." There was a bitter laugh on his lips. Rumi's hands holding his hand were slightly clenched. "I need something to keep me awake."
 
"Awake?" Rumi was sure the man she loved didn't mention sleep. They both knew Blake could stay up for a few days, so she didn't know exactly what he was talking about, so she asked. 
 
"I have some doubts. And if there's no pain that these wounds send to my brain that keeps me from getting lost in those doubts, I'm going to be lost in my doubts. That's why I'm preventing treatment or the removal of ashes that prevent my wounds from healing. I know that once I'm in there, I won't wake up until the end."
 
Looking into Blake's confused eyes, Rumi asked Blake.
 
"Do you want to share it with me?" She put her hand on Blake's cheek in a careful expression. First of all, she was one of Blake's girlfriends, and she wanted to support him in this situation.
 
"I would like to, but..." Blake supported Rumi's hand with one hand. A pleasant smile formed Blake's face that warmed her heart.
 
"When you know what I have to say or what I can do, will our relationship stay the same? Can you promise me that?'' 
 
Rumi opened her mouth to answer, but the words did not come out of her mouth. She opened her mouth a few times to talk, but the result was the same.
 
She wanted to promise Blake that she would be with him even though she had crossed certain lines, but she knew she wouldn't give it to. Instead of making promises that she would later regret or that would make their relationship awkward, she decided to tell the truth.
 
"I can't promise you that, I know that, but I can tell you this." She supported Blake's two cheeks with her hands and brought them closer to her.
 
"Make sure you don't regret what you're going to do. If that happens, I'll make sure I stop you." Rumi's lips were replaced by a wild smile, while her heroic expression said she would do it.
 
She, Rumi, was someone who made sure she lived without any regrets. She was living her life to the fullest and according to her will, not saying "if only" when death came for her, and she wanted Blake to be like her.
 
If Blake did something inhumane one day, she still couldn't promise to be there for him. But if she did something she'd regret in the end, she'd make sure he stopped her. 
 
Blake's eyes widened slightly with Rumi's honest answer before softening the next second. 
 
Dırırı! Dırırı!
 
The phone melody pierced the warm atmosphere between the white-haired couple. They started staring at Blake's phone as if they were looking at a murderer
 
Blake gently rubbed Rumi's head before picking up the phone with slight discomfort.
 
"Hello, Manager, what was it?" Blake suppressed his uneasy feelings about the bad timing and Nejire's condition and responded. His tone was neither respectful nor derogatory, he replied as if he were talking to a peer. 
 
"I'm going to cut this short, Blake. Lately, someone's been looking into your information, or rather your private information, like a home address." 
 
"Who and why?" Blake asked skeptically. 
 
The background Lilith wrote wasn't real. His grandfather and family were just hoaxes, and even if they didn't, he didn't care because they had no kinship ties or time. So he didn't have to worry about anyone researching his information.
 
Other than that, his home address or information about His Quirk was heavily guarded by the U.A. at Blake's request. Even the Japanese government couldn't access his information on their network, let alone a random villain.
 
Despite all this, he did not hide his doubts. Despite the daily scrutiny of his knowledge, his dubious timing caused emotions within him to boil. The embers burning in his heart were hotter than the flames that burned his house to ash.
 
"I don't know. I'm just calling to tell you to be careful after what happened recently. There's a chance someone's targeting you. But don't worry, the U.A. will protect you at all costs."
 
"Also about your second Quirk-"

Blake hung up instead of answering. As his eyes got colder and colder, a brutal glow was rising deep in his eyes. He didn't have to be a genius to know who did this.
 
'I can't decide directly, I have to research.'' Blake pulled Rumi and buried his nose in her hair. He inhaled the woman's distinctive soothing scent and closed his eyes, calming the fluctuating emotions.

 
If he didn't calm himself down, he could cause unnecessary deaths and he didn't want to commit unnecessary carnage. So he decided to investigate this to the end, perhaps as usual, that an ordinary organization could be looking into his information. 
 
Blake freed her after hugging Rumi for a while.
 
"I'm going out for a while. Keep an eye on Nejire for me." He kissed Rumi on the forehead to get rid of the skeptical looks that locked on to him.
 
"Hey, wait. Buy an outfit first." 
 
"Oh, that's right."
 
**
 
Blake left the hospital after wearing his suit and headed for an alley. 
 
His silhouette slowly disappeared into the darkness. A few seconds later, the alley lit up with white light. The clean white light that pierced the darkness disappeared after a militia.
 
Blake made sure he was using his alleys on his way home. He had learned from his previous mistake, which he didn't think he did, and his little battle against 3th pro-hero and made sure to use the alleys on the way home.
 
It took him a few minutes to get to where his old house was.
 
The sun began to rise from the east and illuminate the city with its orange-yellow light. The city, serialized by the breezes of the night, was getting warmer with the sunrise. It was 5:00 in the morning.
 
At this hour, the whole other city would be getting up from their sleep or still asleep. But for the people who lived around Blake's old house, tonight was sleepless.
 
Because the ongoing interrogations were not normal queries. 9th Place Ryukyu's intern and 5th Row Mirko's Intern were involved. The entire police department was in an extra careful position.
 
Blake gradually slowed his speed, controlled and destroyed the lightning bolts that erupted from his body. After he came to the back of a house, he started listening to their conversations with the police.
 
He moved from one house to another and made sure to listen carefully to all the conversations. When the police left the area after a few hours, Blake had a handful of information;
 
-According to what they said, all of them were either asleep during the events, the husband and wife were having a good time or they were just coming home. By the time they saw what had happened at the house, it was too late.
 
-The locals hadn't seen anyone suspicious throughout the day, and they hadn't seen Blake and anyone else go through anything in recent days. There were no suspects.

That's all the evidence Blake had. 
 
'It's obvious they're lying.'" Only a fool would believe those excuses. The area where Blake's house was located was one of the large population areas of the Musutafu region. Thousands of people were living in the area. 
 
There was no way all the people in the area, including passersby, could not miss the fire. Even a fool would know that, but the cops left the field after they scribbled a few things as if that excuse was enough.
 
Blake continued to inspect the area after watching the officers leave the area. Frankly, he didn't expect much from the cops. As he continued to inspect the area to confirm his suspicions, small shreds of confidence in the government and police forces were scattered with the wind blowing.

14