Chapter 24: Tips
627 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

-------------------------------------

Blake's mind was full of doubt. 
 
After Blake took Nejire to the hospital,  a couple of cops told him to cooperate, asked him a few questions, and then left him alone for a few hours. 
 
When they came back, they said the fire was caused by a malfunction or a leak, or because Nejire left an electronics on. At least that was their initial finding.
 
But Blake knew it wasn't true. Although Nejire was a childish girl, she wasn't stupid and wasn't a child. He knew she wouldn't leave any electronics on.
 
It wasn't a possibility that the vehicles malfunctioned or that the leak was a possibility. Blake made sure he had the electronics serviced regularly. Every item in the house was as good and faultless as the new one.
 
In such a case, the fire was either naturally occurs or the house was burned down by someone. And the white-haired youth suspected the latter.
 
There were several reasons why he suspected it was the latter.
 
First of all, the time of the fire was a few days after Blake's rejection. Besides, the fire broke out after Blake left the house. With so many coincidences, it was only natural for Blake to consider the second possibility.
 
The second possibility was that, despite having a larger percentage, it was just as ridiculous. Blake clearly didn't show his face or any body parts that would reveal him. He didn't use Quirk or speed power in battles either. In that case, there was no way they knew he was the one who refused.  
 
Blake had complex thoughts, as he didn't think there was anyone with Quirk who could focus his image and control it right into his mask.
 
But despite all this, the possibility was still a possibility, and he had to check to get rid of his doubts.
 
**
 
Blake openly began to search the area after the cops left. What he did wasn't illegal or criminal, and since there were no cops around, he could have been able to get on the scene and check it out as he wanted.
 
While Blake was searching the area, the man who was looking at him from afar picked up his phone and started calling a number.
 
"Boss, Blake's here to investigate the crime scene. Should we start leaking information lightly?'' The man asked in a tense tone. After what happened with the boss in the last incident, he started to worry about his life, and talking to the boss brought that tension to the line.
 
''...'' There was no response from the other side. As the seconds passed like torturous years for the man, the other side sighed and answered.
 
"Come back. I'm going to take over." After the recent events, the boss had no confidence in this man. There was a chance the idiot would screw up again, and when that happened, getting caught would be the least of their worries.
 
"Y-Yes, boss." After the man swallowed nervously, he hung up the phone and put it in his pocket. After taking one last look at Blake, he left the field with concerns about his future and his life.
 
**
 
"There's no evidence that anyone did it." Blake looked at the results of the hour-long investigation. He looked into it with his full attention, but he didn't find any evidence.
 
He had no hope of finding evidence. Blake wasn't a detective, nor did he know how to find evidence. His only hope was to find something the police couldn't find, but after a few hours of searching, he found nothing.
 
"S-Sorry..." As Blake was recovering from his suspicions that someone else was doing it and he was thinking of going to Nejire, there was a voice behind him.
 
He turned his head and turned to the person who came. The person who came was a woman in her forties, had wrinkles that indicated that time was not good for her, and had the maturity that a mother could have.
 
"Yes, what was it?" Blake stared at the woman. One emotional blow after another had brought Blake to the breaking point. His gaze looked like he wanted to eat someone raw, and it frightened her.
 
"I-I want to confess something." Despite her fear, she grits her teeth and began to confess with timid stares.
 
''W-What happened to Nejire-cha... Nejire-san was done by someone else." She paused as she was about to add "chan" to Nejire.
 
Nejire used to walk through the neighborhood regularly because of Blake, and this woman had a good relationship with her. However, after what had happened, she couldn't find the right to add "chan" to the cute girl. [EN:"Chan" is a sign of proximity.]
 
Blake's gaze became cold as ice. Unconsciously, after years of killing, his intention to kill came out as a red-and-black aura.
 
"Do you remember who they are?" He asked, ignoring the woman who was sweating cold and trembling nonstop.
 
"Y-Yes... I-I- I remember."' She squeezed herself so she wouldn't faint. If the guilt that had accumulated in her heart had not overcome her fear, she would have passed out here.
 
"It was a skinny man. Someone I'd never suspect if I'd seen him on the road. He had short curly hair and a dirty beard...'' The woman repeatedly pushed her mind to keep herself afloat and continued to explain.
 
"The most prominent feature was the red dog head mark on his hand."
 
"Dog's head?" Blake made sure he got that detail on his head without pulling his gaze from the trembling woman.
 
"Yes, I don't remember the exact structure, but I saw this person walking away from the burning house. A few minutes after the fire, we received a threatening message on our phone, along with a large sum  of money, that we should not tell the police anything we saw."
 
"I get it. So why are you telling me this?'' Corrupt cops aside, she could have reported this information to Mirko or Ryukyu's agency.. Given the influence of pro-heroes, the people who threatened her couldn't make moves that easily.
 
She hesitated. She was hesitant to open her privates to Blake, but after a few seconds, she threw away her hesitation and decided to say it. If she's come this far and said that. She was going to go all the way.
 
"My husband and I are Quirkless." 

The fear of today's age and most people in this world, Quirkless. As the name suggests, it represented Quirklessness, and the world in the heroic age was not very kind to these people. 

If one person was Quirkless, he might not even have the opportunity to get a job. Either he had to have a trait that stood out from the others, or he had to be very good at his job, and if he didn't have both, they wouldn't even be able to live a decent life.
 
"We are going through difficult times as a family lately and we need that money to live. If we reported this to the pro-heroes or the police, they would take that money from us. That's why I decided to tell you. And let me tell you in advance, I will not give you that money.”
 
The money she was talking about wasn't a simple amount. It was money that could completely change their future and their quality of life, and his family needed it. 
 
"It's ok. I'm not going to ask you for the money." Blake shook his head at her and left behind a few words before turning around and leaving.
 
"You don't have to regret it anymore. So please don't think wrong and come visit Nejire.  I don't want to beat your husband in front of you." Blake didn't want Nejire's hopes for humanity and his heroic thoughts to be torn apart by such people. That's why he made a final suggestion before he left. Or a threat, he didn't care how she understood it.

The woman accepted Blake's threat with a sour face, bowing one last time behind her as Blake left. She knew what she had done and couldn't fix what had happened, but she decided to do it anyway.
 
**
Blake was taking deep breaths to calm his fluctuating emotions. Every step of the way, he was burying his feelings deeper into his heart, but the relief didn't come to him. The flames burning in his heart and controlling his emotions instantly turned any signs of relief into ashes.
 
He surrendered himself to the loud sound of people and cars filling his ears. He walked as if he were an empty shell among people passing by and sometimes bumping into his shoulder. There was no purpose in his walk.
 
After a while of walking, his gaze regained radiance. His feet brought him to the hospital before he knew it. His eyes, facing the four-story hospital in front of him, were filled with strange coldness.
 
He's in the hospital. The smells of bleach and various cleaners tickled his nose, the quiet noise of people and employees, coming in one ear and coming out of the other.
 
The steps followed the steps.   He made his way to Nejire's room.
 
It took him a few minutes to get to the room. He came in front of the only window that showed the ICU room outside and took a look inside.
 
Nejire had a respirator hanging in his mouth and was pumping memory into his lungs every second, suffering from respiratory distress. His arms contained a needle from a medicine bag that provided nutrients to his body and connections to devices that measured his various vital functions.
 
He looked into Nejire's closed eyes. No matter how much she wanted her beautiful eyes, she wasn't about to open them anytime soon. He sat in the chair in front of the window. He placed his hands on his knees and began to think, putting his head in his hands.
 
"I'm sorry..." But another voice, without diving into his thoughts, interrupted his thoughts.
 
'They don't stop.' He stirred his hair in frustration before turning to the man who called out to him. All he wanted to do was watch Nejire,  but successive events wouldn't allow it.
 
"Yes?" His frowns and his gaze, which indicated he was being disturbed, showed his irritableness to the other side. But the man opposite didn't care and reached out to Blake with a smile on his face.
 
"I'm from the police office. We have received some evidence and we would like to share it with you." As Blake reached out to shake the man's hand, he saw something in his heart that revealed his intention to kill.
 
The man had a red dog crest in his hand
 
"Sure.'' Blake swallowed his feelings again, as he had been doing for some time, and began talking to the man with a smile full of hope on his face.
 
The two lasted more than an hour to speak. Blake listened to what he said, no matter how much he wanted to smash his head against the wall right now. There had to be a reason why the people who hurt Nejire came to him, and he knew this guy could give him a few clues.
 
The man said the people who did this belonged to an underground organization. He asked Blake if he'd been involved in an organization like this lately, and he spits out a few others.
 
But only this information could raise the seeds of doubt in the hearts of others who had a secret life and cause him to blink. 
 
The bad guys were irrational and vengeful creatures, and if someone damaged what they cared about or undermined their cause, they could easily retaliate.
 
If he'd gotten this information before he talked to the woman, Blake could have gone to break up OHRMG tonight. But after what she said and the words of one of the criminals, he understood the intentions of these men.
 
What they wanted was for Blake to mess things up. Or rather, they wanted White to distribute it. Blake had noticed this.
 
"That's all I have to say. I hope you will cooperate with the police on this issue, which affects you, and help us defeat the villain when the time comes." The man shook Blake's hand for the last time with a bright smile on his face and left.

Blake watched the man go. He raised his hand and placed it on the man's head. It was done with his one move. He could shoot lightning bolts out of his hand and smash the man's head, then go to disband OHRMG to put an end to those who did it. 

"Not now." He lowered his hand and sat in the chair. He still had a few things to investigate, he still had to dig deeper.
 
Since they had promised to cooperate with this man later, he had no trouble getting away with it.
 
Blake spent the rest of the day watching Nejire, and finally, something happened that would make him happy.
 
After 24 hours, Nejire awoke.
 
 
 
 

15