Chapter 43: Speech, For Denki’s Speed Power
433 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

--------------------

Speak When You're Angry and You'll Make the Best Speech You'll Ever Regret- Ambrose Bierce

In the room with the lights off, the only sound that could be heard was the sound of angry breathing. The person was panting furiously as if he was short of breath, sometimes the sound of something shattering echoed.

The room was completely disbanded. There were holes in the window that indicated something was being thrown, and the pieces of glass were scattered everywhere. It was not possible to find a single piece of furniture properly in the room.

The walls of the room had dents, bloody fist marks on the wall could be selected. The person who had the tantrum seemed to be in a rage.

''Fuuu... Haaa... Fuuu...'' Deep breaths kept coming. With the moon's light reflected in the room, a  silhouette of a man could be selected inside the room.

His spiky hair had lost shape and disintegrated. His eyes were slightly swollen and his red eyes filled with various emotions such as anger, sadness, betrayal. He was leaning against the wall, and with the moonlight reflected in the middle of the scattered room, he looked quite lonely.

"W-Why Teka... why...'' He talked. His cracked voice had a dry tone and was muted. He raised his knees slightly, put his elbows to his knees, and began to stir his hair.

Tears continued to flow from his swollen eyes. Teka's actions hurt more than anyone could have imagined.

Their marriage could not be explained in simple numbers such as 10-20 or 30 years. They had been together for more than 50 years, living together for half a century. Being cheated on in this relationship affected Yoshino more than thought.

I love you~~I love you~~I love you~~

When he heard Teka's voice, he was startled, his eyes covered in red veins checked the room, but he could not find any trace of Teka.

I love you~~I love you~~I love you~~I love you~~

He kept hearing voices. It didn't take him long to detect the sounds coming from the phone. It was his ringtone, he recorded Teka's words at the time and made a ringtone. And that ringtone only came out when his wife called.

His eyes were squinting, he bit the edge of his lip to the wing and picked up the phone. He did not answer the call, preferring instead to change the ringtone.

"I love you~~" sounded like moaning to him, and sometimes even the sound of I love you~~ felt like it was for white hair man, not for him.

He changed the ring tone to something normal and looked at his phone. The call screen featured a full-length picture of his wife, and a rare blush covered her face. He treasured this photograph of his wife, who usually didn't show much redness or shyness.

Grrggg!

His fingers are tightened. The eyes that looked at him with compassion and secret love turned into a pair of eyes that mocked him. The still photograph's lips lifted, her eyes twitched down into the most contemptuous smile he had ever seen.

GRGGGG!!

His squeeze got stronger, sweats covered his forehead. He wanted to throw the phone away, but he managed to control himself and picked up the phone.

"H-Hello." He coughed a few times before picking up the phone so there was no trouble with his voice, but he couldn't stop his voice from shaking.

"Hello, Yoshino, how are you?" Fortunately, Teka didn't understand the situation. Speaking in a low tone, her voice lacked her normal toughness and rigidity.

Yoshino opened his mouth to say something before closing the next second. He wanted to yell at her, tell her what he saw and discuss it, but he held back and answered with a short answer.

"I'm doing fine. Why did you call?'' No matter how hard he tried to restrain himself, his discomfort was evident from his sullen tone.

''...'' Teka's silent. She was surprised by Yoshino's sudden grumpiness. It's quite normal, after all, although Teka and Yoshino haven't seen each other in six months, Yoshino has never had such a grumpy attitude in their previous conversations.

"I..."Teka quickly recovered and announced her intentions.

'Can you come to Japan? I want to meet with you.''

"What's it about?" Yoshino stood where he was. A glint of hope appeared in his eyes, which were covered by his messy hair.

If Teka told him that she was cheating on him and apologized, Yoshiona was willing to forgive Teka as long as he confirmed that she regretted it.

His trust in her was broken and their relationship would never be the same again. He knew that, yet he was willing to forgive her and be the same again. He didn't want to throw away their marriage that's been going on for over 50 years.

Besides, the greedy and selfish side of him didn't want to leave his wife, who was perfect in every way. In particular, the thought that the person she had cheated on could take advantage of this opportunity fueled his reluctance.

"I want to end our six-month separation."

Yoshino waited for the continuation of her words with a wry smile on his face. But the rest of her words never came. He asked as the corner of his lips twitched.

"What else?" He waited for her words to continue, no, begging her to continue and mend their relationship. He grits his teeth, and his hand on the ground grasped the broken glass.

''A-Anything else? I don't think there's anything else...''

Yoshino's eyes widened, he gave empty glances to the ceiling.  It was the first time he had witnessed Teka stutter and hesitate, the woman who had made firm, strong, unwavering decisions from the very beginning of their relationship.

Teka was a woman who said anything she wanted to say directly. She didn't shy away from anyone, didn't care who she was against, and spoke directly what was on her mind. No matter how bad or good, that would never change.

She threatened a head of state in front of the public and the cameras just because he was undermining their business. Her wife, Teka Todokori, was so clear and fearless, and he was always proud of her temperament.

But right now, she's hiding something from him, stuttering and pausing like she's guilty.

''As I said, I want to end our six-month separation. That's why you have to come to Japan. We'll also see our grandkids. What do you think about that?''

"Okay..." With his blank gaze pinned to the environment, Yoshino whispered in a low voice. He could feel something breaking inside him.

"Then I'll see you."

"Hmh," He hung up after grumbling at her lightly.

GRG! Çıt! Çat!

His hand became unconsciously clenched, the crunching noises began to come from the phone and the phone's screen began to crack.

He stood up. He casually shrugged his hand, covered in broken glass and blood, and headed for the exit.

**

[2 Days Later]

A luxury restaurant was equipped with luxury items and furniture that most people would never enjoy in their lifetime. The restaurant was lit up by crystal chandeliers, candlesticks, and luxurious lighting.

The restaurant was furnished in comfortable colors and was fitted with golden yellow, red, and royal purple-colored furniture that addressed the arrogance of people's inside.

The smells of charming food covered the restaurant. The rich smell of spices, combined with the smell of fresh ingredients, created a scent that took the person to other lands.

The smells rising from the food mixed but did not affect the person in any way, instead, they combined to create a more enchanting scent.

This charming, mouthwatering food was removed from the kitchen every second by waiters and taken to the only table in the restaurant. 

A place with such glamorous and delicious food should be inundated with rich people and full to the brim every day. But today, for some reason, there were only two people in the restaurant.

One of them was a woman with lava hair. She had a perfect body. Her Aphrodite-like body could peak any man's desires. Especially a pair of large but perfectly proportioned breasts squeezed by the evening dress, and a pretty face that will make any man's mouth water.

Opposite her was a man who was handsome in his way, though overshadowed by the beauty of the woman. He had spiky hair and a hairless face. His sharp jawline revealed a face that could be described as handsome, with a pleasantly curved face.

"How's the food?" Teka asked with a smile she couldn't hide. Not only did she not be able to see her husband for a long time, but they couldn't have dinner together.

That's why she spared no expense today and squandered her bottomless money to the fullest. She had made sure that the cooks were making Yoshino's favorite dishes in the best possible way, and even had the restaurant closed.

It was all about making things right with her husband today. As long as the relationship with her husband could improve today, she would tell him about her experiences with Blake.

Teka had no intention of hiding what she and Blake were going through. When the time came, she would tell Yoshino everything in every detail.

However, Teka knew that right now was not the time. Her husband was angry with himself for some reason, she could see that. In that case, telling him what she did with Blake would only make things worse.

Instead of listening to her, he'd probably get bubbly and make reckless gestures.

So for now, she decided to keep it and say everything when things got soft.

"It's good." Yoshino spoke in a monotonous tone, keeping an eye on the food.

Yoshino was giving Teka a sneak peek while he was eating. He saw Teka staring at him in between while she was eating and returning to her meal with a nice smile.

This would affect him in normal times or cause him to smile unconsciously. But in this case, all he felt was the sharp pain in his heart.

His fingers clenched holding the fork and knife. His joints turned white. Slight anger appeared in his still eyes.

'Control yourself.' He tried to calm himself by taking deep breaths secretly.

"Yoshino..." As Yoshino tried to calm himself down, Teka raised her head and called out to him.

Yoshino frowned at the interrogations. He waited for Teka's words.

"We haven't seen each other in half a year. Our relationship is being damaged by this, and I want to end it." Teka's one lip curled up. She carried her lava hair behind her ear.

Yoshino's fingers holding forks and knives got more squeezed. He bit the inside of his lip. His face got a little ugly. After what he saw last time, their relationship was damaged more than Teka thought, and maybe they both knew it, but Teka was ignoring it and making a fool of him.

The anger in his heart has been fueled. His heart was covered in painful heat, his mind was losing his sense of rational thinking every second.

"In you're six-month absence, I realized once again how important you were to me. It was as if an important part of my life was missing in your absence. I want to put our disagreements aside and get together again." Teka said in one breath what came to her mind.

During their half-year breakup, even when she and Blake were drinking, she had his eye on the phone and waited for Yoshino to call her. When she awoke, she sought Yoshino beside her, his absence making her feel as if she had lost an important part of herself.

She would be the one stepping up for their relationship again, the one trying to fix the couple's broken jigsaw and again sacrificing something, she knew that but she could swallow it. As long as she was reunited with Yoshino and stood by her side, she could bury this reluctance and disappointment in her heart.

As Teka approached Yoshino with such pure and beautiful feelings, Yoshino thought in a completely different way.

'Is that why you cheated on me?'' His breathing accelerated. Ignoring the feelings in Teka's words, he came up with passionate lovemaking moments for him and the man he didn't know.

Teka's blushing face, excited and exuberant expression, passionate movements, and willingness to make love nonstop were all in his eyes, and she didn't seem to desire his presence at all.

Yoshino's feelings descended into chaos. His blood was foaming. A few words came into his mouth, he tried to hold them back, but he failed because of the emotions he had suppressed for two days.

"But I don't want to." He spoke in a low voice, but with Teka's sharp senses, she had no problem hearing his words.

She froze with a clear surprise on his face. Her eyes widened. 

"W-What..." Teka's voice trembled. Her head was blank and she couldn't think of anything, as if she had been hit on the head with a giant hammer.

"I said, "I don't want to." He fixed his gaze to Teka's.  He made it clear that his tongue wasn't rubbing or saying it by mistake.

"Unlike you, I didn't feel much of your absence. I enjoyed your absence." The edge of his lip raised to form a sarcastic smile.

Teka did not respond to her words. Looking at Yoshino's sarcastic expression, she was just staring at him with her widened eyes.

"I can do what I want, whenever I want. I can wear whatever I want, eat whatever I want, go to any anime festival I want. I can do whatever I want in your absence, and I'm starting to like it." With his words, he felt a slight relief in his heart. He was relieved as he let out what he had been holding inside for so long.

"B-But these..." Teka tried to explain herself. Yoshino's words were true, but she had reasons for all of them.

''I haven't finished yet. I don't have to live to shape my day so I don't see your grumbles and let you down. I can be whatever I want."

Teka's pupils twitched. His words pierced her heart, and it hurt like it was being stabbed. She wanted him to stop, he didn't want to hear any more. But Yoshino, who was putting out his anger, continued to speak.

"And most importantly, I will no longer try to be perfect and worthy of you. Great comfort."

Teka's hands landed on the table. The knife and fork she eagerly held pointed to the table. In a neutral expression, she was looking at Yoshino with a hidden sadness in her eyes. She had a lump in her throat and was blocking her speech.

She had not realized that her husband was so uncomfortable with her and was such a burden to her. Even though she hadn't done anything consciously, his words still affected her.

"Fuh..." Yoshino sighed comfortably after spilling the beans. He stood up.

He needed some time alone. He also wanted to see his beloved son. So when he left Teka alone, he headed for the exit.

Pat!

As he walked past Teka, his arm was held by Teka.

"I need you, Yoshino." Her strong voice was gone, replaced by a voice in need of help. Her clenched fingers were locked to convey her need to him, and she wouldn't let go. Her words were like pleading one word after another.

Teka's hidden feelings were finally revealed. Her unintentional cheating on Yoshino has affected her more than she had imagined.

She hadn't done it on purpose, and when she found Lilith, she was going to make her pay for it. Still, knowing that she was cheating on her husband had made her unable to think anything for the last few days.

And she was tired. She was tired of facing everything, the world alone, and the problems that overlapped. She wanted her husband by her side, to have him by her side, to lean on his shoulder, even for a few seconds, and relax, forgetting everything.

She didn't even need this. It was enough for her to just know that she had him behind her. As long as Yoshino was behind her, the rest was unimportant.

She needed Yoshino to relieve her trapped and drowned feelings. She needed her husband.

"But I don't, Teka."

Vwap!

He shook her hand and freed himself from Teka's grasp. The sound that came out when he shook her hand was very low, but for Teka, it was as strong as thunder. She looked ahead with wide eyes as his voice echoed in her ears.

Pat!

The door closed loudly. Teka was alone in the restaurant.  Her body inside the spacious restaurant,  contrary to normal, looked rather small and fragile.

**

Blake raised his arms and a relaxed humming came out of his lips as he stretched.

He finally made it.  He changed the mindset of the girls. They were now a little more selfish and mindful of their own lives.

Her two girls were back to being heroes. Deep down, they wanted to continue to be heroes and help people, and they decided to abide by it. But considering Blake's feelings.

They said they were going to put their lives and relationships ahead of other people's lives, and they were going to ask him before they went on a mission that could put their lives at risk.

They were going to do everything they could to save people. But if there was still a problem they couldn't solve, they would act with their own lives in mind first. And if they still couldn't do anything, they'd move to a safe place.

There was a lot more. In short, in the end, they would put their own lives and relationships in the foreground rather than heroism and the lives of strangers.

Blake liked this and all the other stuff. He had assured them that if they adhered to these articles, he would face the world.

But if they disregarded their own lives and threw themselves forward, he would take them away from them and spank their asses.

Literally.

As he walked through the eyes locked in, a smile hung on his face, causing the faces of the girls who were afraid of him to blush slightly.

Another reason he was so happy was that he was going to get the speed power from Denki today and increase his speed.

He'd skipped it because he'd been spending time with his girls for the last two days, and now he's got some free time. Nejire was with Rumi was back on patrol, which she had been missing for a while

Blake went looking for Denki after spending some time with Momo at school.

It didn't take him long to find him. He was walking with his friends with a clothes bag on his arm. He had a hot look on his face and he didn't shut up for a second while talking to his friends.

Blake's eyes lit up in a cold light. The anger in his heart began to grow with cries of speed power that only he could hear. Before he stepped into an alley, he shot Denki a look that made him shiver with cold.

"What the hell was that?" Denki was left sweating cold with the chills he felt in his spine. The cold air caressed his body. He looked around, but he couldn't see any villain or anything like that.

"It must be my image-" Before he could finish his words, his vision went dark. The last thing he saw was his friends' faces covered in white light.

11