Chapter 58: The Entire Todoroki Family Comes Together.
276 0 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

------------------------------------- 
Blake did his best to destroy his cold stare before opening the door in front of him. After what Teka told him, Blake's heart was filled with rage, but he couldn't show it here right now.
 
He rubbed his hand over his face. His stare as cold as a knife, which could kill someone just by looking at them, just disappeared. He reached for the doorknob and opened the door.
 
Sterile air mixed with disinfectant, bleach, and various cleaners hit Blake's face. When the doors of the warm room were opened, the light reflecting off the undraped glass hit him in the face, but Blake didn't blink.
 
There were two beds in the room and two people sitting on one of the beds as the room was lit by a white light. One of them was Blake's lover Fuyumi, and the other was Rei, Fuyumi's mother, and Teka's daughter-in-law.
 
Rei looked Fuyumi in the face with an anxious look on her face, checking to see if she was okay. She was constantly rubbing various parts of Fuyumi lightly, trying to relieve her painful parts in her way. With her randomly moving hands, her panicked expression, and her special concern for a mother, she looked like a mother cat trying to relieve her pain by licking her cub's wound.
 
In front of her, Fuyumi was trying to relieve her mother's fuss with a pleasant smile on her face. Her laughter was sincere, with a warm smile on her face.
 
However, they could not reach Blake and Teka behind him. The two's gazes were currently fixed on the "things" in Fuyumi's head.
 

Fuyumi's left cheek was swollen, the area of ​​the swelling was fixed with bandages and a few things. Her head was also wrapped in a bandage, under the bandage there was a gauze pad with medication. The bandage, which had been intervened in layers, was nevertheless red. It was clear that it had been soaked with Fuyumi's blood from the time ıt was put there.
 
The two had the same reactions. As their gaze hardened, pure anger appeared in their statements. The blood flowing through their veins turned into lava. Their hearts beat like an angry engine, the pure anger that slowly accumulates inside them was like a volcano ready to erupt.
 
Right now, someone looking at the pair from afar would see two angry tigers. The white and red tiger had their glistening gaze into the room in a wild rage as they growled in anger. Their paws scratched the floor and the walls, they couldn't standstill.
 
The White Tiger was particularly scary. His claws were clenched, in Blake's case his fists, as he clenched his teeth ready to smash his prey. The muscles in his exposed arm had stiffened, revealing veins that looked like little rivers.
 
Two invisible auras engulfed the corridor. One was as violent as a barbarian and so primitive aura. This aura, which fell on one's shoulders, made the person feel like they were being crushed by a mountain. 
 
The other was a cold, bloody aura. The black-crimson aura was washing the people in the environment with cold air as if the scythe of death was on their necks.
 
"And then I said-" The hospital staff was happily talking to each other as they were turning around at the edge of the corridor at the time. They turned the corner and looked at the two of them. The two of them turned their gazes at them at the same time.
 
They froze when they encountered a pair of royal blue, light-glowing eyes, and black hole-like black eyes. Their bodies are covered in a cold sweat. The word death appeared in their brains. They lost control of their urine and fainted on the spot. 
 
The sound of bodies hitting the ground caught the attention of two women who were talking to each other. They turned their gaze to the door, noticed Blake and Teka standing there.
 
Blake's and Teka's horrible looks just disappeared. The auras melted into the air like snow on a summer's day. They waved their hands while looking at the women with gentle expressions.
 
"B-Blake, Grandma!" Fuyumi was surprised to see the pair, her eyes widened. She quickly stuck her head under the duvet and tried to hide her injuries from the pair.
 
But it was too late. Her injuries were seen by the pair and it ignited two tigers. 
 
"H-Hello, Mom..." Rei waved her hand to Teka in a moderate expression. As she said the last words, her voice muted and she finally bowed her head. 
 

After what had happened and what she had done to Shoto, she was hesitant to call Teka a mother. She knew from the beginning how much Teka loved her family, and even if she didn't do it willingly, she felt guilty that she had hurt Shoto.
 
"Hello, Rei. We haven't seen each other in a long time." Teka nodded to Rei. Contrary to Rei's opinion, she did not give her any blameful glances, but instead looked like kind and caring as she did on the first day.  It was as if what had happened had not changed what Rei meant to Teka and her position as her daughter-in-law.
 
She was no longer her daughter-in-law, and she could divorce Enji if she wanted to, but Teka would still see and care for her as her daughter-in-law. 
 
She had heard what had happened from Enji when she first came to Todoroki House (where Fuyumi and the others lived). Enji was reluctant at first to tell her, but when he saw Teka's fist clenched, everything spilled out of his mouth.
 
And as thought, the punishment increased with it. 
 
Anyway, Teka didn't blame Rei in any way after she heard about it. She knew that Rei was the most innocent person in this case. She might have burned Shoto's face, but considering her son's constant abuse and destabilizing psychology, she didn't blame her.
 
"U-um... It's been a long time." Rei didn't think she deserved the looks. After shaking her head, she stood up and looked at Blake.
 
"Hello, Blake-kun. I found out that you were in a relationship with my daughter. I hope my naive daughter isn't a burden to you.” She placed her hand on her cheek and sighed as if she were complaining about her daughter. 

''Mother!'' 
 
"It's not happening, Rei-san. You could say she lightened my load in my daily life. I'm very happy to be in a relationship with her." Blake simply said the words that made Fuyumi blush up to her ears.
 
Fuyumi flipped the cover over her head. She certainly couldn't show Blake her current face. She wouldn't show her how toasty and happy she was.
 
She cursed Blake's sharp and sweet tongue. Even in such a situation, her words managed to make her happy.
 

''Good to hear. For a moment I thought that my daughter would not get married. What a relief~~''
 
"MOTHER!!" Fuyumi couldn't stand her mother's taunts anymore. She reflexively pulled her head out of her hiding place.
 
When she did this, she met two pairs of solid eyes. Her mother was already in her bed. She had her hand raised in front of her lips, a laugh of "fufufu~~" was coming out of her lips, and she was looking at her with a playful expression. İmaginary fox ears were exposed on her head,  her imaginary fox tail waving to both sides. 

"Ummm…” Fuyumi lowered her stance. She shot the two of them puppy dog ​​eyes, perhaps for pity. However, that wouldn't work.
 
“You're going to tell me everything, aren't you, my dear granddaugter?” Teka folded her arms under her chest. A smile without a smile hung on her face.
 
"I hope you won't leave me in the dark, honey." Blake was giving Fuyumi a warm stare, but his hard tone didn't give her a chance to escape.
 
"I-I...   "Fuyumi turned her head to both sides. She didn't want to tell them what she'd been through, but she seemed to have no choice.
 

As a last resort, she looked to her mother.
 
“What a cute butterfly.” But that didn't help her either. As her mother looked out, it seemed as if it didn't concern her at all. She even focused on a butterfly passing by the window.
 

“Hahhh…” She sighed deeply.

  

"I... preserved our relationship." 

***
 
“Oyaji (Father), after doing this to my sister, are you coming here like a brazen?'' Shoto grabbed Enji's collar and brought his face closer to him. His blue eyes, where the veins were exposed, bore a rage he had never had before when he looked at the hard eyes. 
 
"I said I'd apologize to her, didn't I?" Waving his hands lightly, he shook Shoto's arms off of him.
 
After staggering a few steps, Shoto fixed his posture and looked Enji in the eye. As red flames erupted from one half of his body, ice was coming out of the other half.
 
"Do you think this is… sufficient?" Shoto's eyes were bloodshot. He grits his teeth and asked. His grudge against Enji grew even more after what he had done recently
 
Fuyumi was as much a second mother to Shoto as an older sister. In her mother's absence, she had been both an older sister and a mother to him, taking care of her and Natsuo. In order not to demoralize the families in their absence, she always tried to cheer them up with a smile on her face and to be the source of the family.
 
Moreover, he was aware of how much Fuyumi wanted to unite the family. Enji's actions must have hurt her not only physically but also emotionally, destroying her goals, and this only fueled Shoto's anger.
 
"Okay, you two stop it. That's not why we're here." Yoshino moderately stepped in and spoke. He put his hands on the duo's chest.
 
The state of Yoshino, who had been in a state of ruin for the last few days, had completely changed, he had become his old self. His scruffy beard was gone, her messy hair gathered in a spiky model. He was dressed in a clean outfit, his posture was straight, and his face was full of energy.
 
Even though there was pain hidden deep in his eyes, he did his best to hide the pain as he looked at the pair.
 
Shoto, nod his head after exhaling deeply and turned to the other side. Since his grandfather had said so, he was going to drop the subject for now.
 
Enji obediently nodded and turned around to walk towards Fuyumi's room.
 
Contrary to what would normally happen, he wasn't worried at all. At other times, he might have been worried about his mother's wrath, but when he thought about Fuyumi's humiliating relationship, he wasn't that scared.
 
Yes, he could've got beaten up by his mother again. However, after properly explaining himself and making it clear that he opposed Fuyumi's relationship, he thought his mother would understand him.
 
Enji made these predictions because he knew how much his mother cared about a monogamous relationship and how opposed he was to things like harems. It is estimated that Teka should have opposed Fuyumi's relationship after listening to what he said.

Also, after seeing Fuyumi's Quirk, he wasn't planning to get involved in this relationship anymore. As long as Fuyumi agreed to train under him, he didn't care what kind of relationship she was in.

Still, to lessen his mother's wrath, he would pretend to oppose the relationship the way she did, and finally reluctantly pretend to accept it.
 
In a tense atmosphere, the trio headed to the room where Fuyumi was staying. None of them said a word to the other along the way, this was especially true for Shoto and Enji.
 
Yoshino put his hand on the doorknob. After taking one last look at the two and confirming they weren't fighting, he opened the door.
 
"Well done, my beautiful girlfriend. You did very well.”
 
"T-Thank you. Chomp*, Grandma, I think I'm full."
 
"I don't think you're full until you finish this apple. So keep eating. You need vitamins to replenish the blood in your body and restore strength."
 
"T-Thank you." 
 

Inside, Blake was regularly praising the girl as she rubbed Fuyumi's hair. The gentle expression on his face contrasted with the blush on Fuyumi's face. Fuyumi unconsciously smiled as she ate the apples Teka had given her, holding back from forming a bigger smile.
 
Teka, on the other hand, was slicing an apple to Fuyumi with one knee crossed over the other. Although Fuyumi said she was full, Teka looked at Fuyumi's face for a while, decided that she was not full, took a new apple, and started peeling it. Fuyumi kept eating because she had no other choice.
 

She was not at all unhappy with this treatment. On the contrary, she seemed to like it quite a bit. One could tell by looking at her face that she enjoyed being pampered by her two loved ones.
 
As the door opened, the four in the room turned to the door. Different expressions were revealed on their faces when they saw the trio at the door, apart from Blake.
 
Teka took a quick look at Yoshino before returning to her front. Her statement appeared to have done nothing, but her hands, holding the knife and the apple, were tight, and sadness appeared in her eyes that she could not hide. Blake could see her lips twitching slightly, probably biting her lip.
 
When Fuyumi made eye contact with Enji, she looked at her in a rage she didn't hide. Then she smiled knowingly and wrapped her arms around Blake's neck, pulling herself closer to him.
 
Rei and Shoyo made eye contact. Rei smiled bitterly as she waved her hand at Shoto. Shoto waved his hand at her, then put his hand on his neck.
 
Blake watched the whole thing calmly. He was grinning excessively as the only stranger in the middle of this complicated family drama, but he didn't care. Rather, he stared at Yoshino.
 
His lips curved upward with each passing second. He smiled at him in a way that only he and Yoshino could understand.
 
"You..." Yoshino grits his teeth. He knew what he meant by Blake's smile. Blake was both mocking him for acting as he said and saying nonverbally that if he hadn't done it, he would have fulfilled his promises.
 
''Tek-''
 
“Enji, go to the corner of the room and wait. Shoto, come here.” Yoshino tried to call out to Teka, but Teka gave her orders at the same time. At the same time, she cut a piece of apple and put it in Fuyumi's mouth.
 
"Mom, I know you're mad at me. But listen to what I have to say first-'' Enji tried to explain himself, but was interrupted. His eyes widened, and when he saw the Lava hand in front of his face, his pupils trembled with fear.
 
"I didn't let you talk. Go to the corner and WAIT!'' Teka's loud voice shook the room. A shockwave unleashed and caressed Enji's face.
 
Teka tossed her hair. Her hair, which had turned into a lava hand, was pulled back by Teka's movement and returned to its former state. Teka took a deep breath through her nose and continued to stuff apples into the shocked Fuyumi's mouth.
 
Enji staggered. He put his arm around the doorway and balanced. After shaking his head frantically, he moved to the edge of the room, carrying his fearful and confused gaze, and waited.
 
Shoto went to Teka after watching Enji for a while. 
 
“Would you like some apples?” She asked as she raised an eyebrow and gave Shoto a sideways glance.
 
''Mh, no need. I want to talk to my mother.” After Teka nodded, Shoto got up and went to his mother.
 
Rei was surprised when Shoto came to him. She slapped the chair next to the hospital bed twice as she smiled pleasantly at him.
 
Everyone was in their place, only Yoshino standing. Enji standing by himself in the corner, Rei and Shoto happily chatting next to him, Teka cutting fruit for Fuyumi, and Blake and Fuyumi hugging each other, the real stranger was like Yoshino.

As Yoshino looked at the people inside, he was overcome with a strange feeling. A step was like an ever-growing chasm for him. The door separating the room from the corridor was a definite line separating it from the inside.
 
He hesitated before entering. He glanced over the back of the woman he loved, his wife of half a century.
 

Everything else was gone for him, leaving only the woman with lava-haired, calmly peeling apples. After all, the woman standing there proudly despite all that had happened was his wife.
 
''!!'' A moment of enlightenment struck Yoshino. Yes, Teka was his wife. And their relationship wasn't normal, it lasted more than half a century. Their marriage had long since passed normal marriage.
 
In a relationship like this, the empathy and understanding of the two sides was nothing compared to that of normal husbands and wives. Yoshino and Teka's words and actions could be understood completely differently from those normally understood by the other.
 
When that was the case, it was easier for them to deal with problems by talking.
 
"I should have done this from the beginning..." Even if their relationship was going to end, he should have talked from the beginning. What he said at the dinner table that day was too much.
 
His eyes softened when he realized this. He decided to take it all in and talk to the woman he loves and end it here.
 
He took that step that just came as unavoidable without hesitation and headed towards Teka. His steps were as confident as his posture. He was determined to end his dispute with Teka.
 
After a brief thought session, the idea came to him that his wife wasn't cheating on him. With Teka's proud personality, she should have separated from him directly, instead of doing things that would tarnish her name and honor, such as cheating.
 
"This guy probably did something." His thoughts and self-confidence were even more restored. His thoughts became clear. He gave Blake a sharp look. He thought Blake was making his wife drink or forcing her to drink.
 
Blake had been watching Yoshino all along as he took Fuyumi in his arms. He frowned when he saw Yoshino's increasingly bright smile. The hard stare that suddenly turned to him made him wonder what this man was thinking.
 
The next second he lost interest in him.
 
"Teka..." Yoshino sat in the chair next to Teka. He turned his gaze to his wife's face and asked with a confident air that he had just won.
 
"Can we talk?"

“No.” Teka's single, clear words made his newfound self-assured air melt away.
 
"PFFTTT!!" And that was followed by a laugh. As petrified Yoshino turned his head in a robotic gesture, Teka raised an eyebrow and gave Blake a questioning look.
 
“Sorry… sorry… just… Hahahaha….” Blake's shoulders were shaking, his laughter growing with each passing second. Tears welled up at the corners of his eyes as he cast a mocking glance at Yoshino. He buried his head in Fuyumi's back, trying to suppress his laughter.
 
Yoshino's face reddened with embarrassment, while a vein appeared on his forehead from Blake's laughter.

15