Chapter 61: Wish Twister, Lipid
676 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the next chapter, there will be a time-lapse. It's going to be a long jump, but don't worry, I've learned my lesson from previous expeditions. 

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

-------------------------

 
Giggles and laughter, laughter and conversations mixed with the sounds of the comedy on the television. Funny jokes, noises, and fake laughter from the television hung from the ceiling of the living room of the house. Combined with the laughter of the people in the room, it created an atmosphere that tickled the person.
 
"Thank you to everyone who watched us today." Noisy applause was led by a masculine voice. With the sound of a noisy curtain pulling, the show on television ended and the black screen greeted the people in the room.
 
"It was gooooddd~~~~" Nejire raised her arms and stretched with a sweet moan. As she thought, movies and things like that were more fun when you watched them with your friends, especially your loved ones.
 
"Yes, there are a lot of jokes that I still don't understand, but I like it very much." Momo wiped the tears from the corners of her eyes. The redness on her face from her laughter was fading with each passing second.
 
"In time, you'll understand." Rumi looked at Momo with a know-it-all look, and the girls took turns getting up from where they were. After they had a bowl in their hands, they spoke while they went to the kitchen.
 
Teka and Fuyumi were in their little world as the girls stood up one by one. More precisely, they were experiencing the grandparent-granddaughter moments they had never experienced. Teka was sitting on the sofa, Fuyumi with her feet on the sofa, her head on her shoulder, staring at the already turned-off TV.
 
Teka continued to rub Fuyumi's hair for a while. She put her fingers through her silky hair. Fuyumi's snow-white hair flowed like water from Teka's fingers and returned to its former place.
 
Teka tucked a lock of hair between her fingers and looked on happily. The warm and affectionate gaze a mother can have, although there were only a few hairs, was equally caring for every part of Fuyumi.
 
"Did you like it?" Her caring voice easily reached Fuyumi. The tone of her voice wished she would like this movie and not have a bad time.
 
"I like it." Fuyumi rested her head on Teka's shoulder and looked at the girls. When she saw them carrying the plates, she quickly got up and decided to help them.
 
Plates of snacks were disappearing one by one from the table. While the girls were chatting happily, they took the plates to the kitchen in turn.
 
Teka looked at the girls with a confused expression. It was uncomfortable to just stand there and be useless, she wanted to help them. After she hesitated for a while, she took a few plates and started walking with the girls.
 
"Momo, don't you think the newcomers' Quirks are weird? Ne~ You know what I noticed? That green-haired boy looks a lot like All Might, the one with freckles, who walks around with robot-like movements boy. Plus, he's always doing "Smasshh!!" and "Boomm!!" things. Don't you think they're pretty similar? It's like they're like father and son, or teacher-student… or…” Nejire put a finger to her lips as she walked. She realized she had found something, but shrugged it off.

"Now that you've said it... It's true."' Momo shook her head with approval as she took care to keep the plates tidy. 
 
Midoriya's fascination with All Might was a bit too much, so much so that Midoriya designed his hero outfit to look pretty similar to All Might. They also had those "Smashh" things and their attack structures were just as similar.
 
Momo's mind was filled with the rivalry between Shoto, the second-ranked hero's son, and Midoriya, the boy who adored All Might, during the sports festival, Midoriya's encounter with All Might in the exams, and so much more. It didn't take long for Momo to combine her high IQ with her tips and come up with some ideas. Some doubts filled her heart, but the next second it disappeared.
 
"Hm, who cares." Momo shrugged her shoulders. What would they do if they knew? What would change if they had a father-son or secret teacher-student relationship?

Midoriya and All Might's relationship had no impact on their daily lives except for one small shock. Her thoughts, made even more selfish from being pampered by Blake, didn't feel the need to reflect on this thing she had cared about before, as it wasn't affecting her, the girls, and Blake now.
 
“Isn't it?” Nejire agreed with a bright smile.
 
All Might and Midoriya's solemnly concealed relationship had just been exposed in only a short conversation and cast aside as something trivial.
 
 
After Teka and the girls placed the bowls in the kitchen, Blake quickly washed them all. Rumi and Nejire, meanwhile, rushed to the hall in a heated expression.
 
They pulled the table aside, after rolling the carpet to be a cylinder, Nejire aligned her hands behind her back and activated her Quirk before flying excitedly into their room. Rumi followed.
 
The girls didn't know what was going on. Why did Rumi and Nejire have such exciting expressions? They had other plans than to watch a movie? Their curiosity was growing by the second.
 
Luckily, the pair didn't keep them waiting long. Rumi brought three boxes with her, while Nejire brought a roll-out playset. The circular energies from Nejire's feet disappeared and she landed in a slight voice.
 
“Blake, I'm laying the game.” In the middle of Nejire's speech, she couldn't wait anymore and layed the game down.
 
"Okay, I'm coming." 
 
What Nejire knocked down was a set of twisters.  Or rather, it was as big and complicated as the carpet. The red, green, yellow, blue, and purple colors were unevenly laid on the set. The distance between the hand and foot shapes was not short, and at first glance, the person could tell that it was not easy at all.
 
Blake came out of the kitchen. He saw that the playset was laid out and his two lovers were giving him meaningful glances. He asked with a mischievous expression as he looked at them with similar looks.
 
"Is the money ready?"
 
"Ready!"
 
"Then let's start the Wish Twister."
 
...
 
If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. -Sun Tzu
 
That word suddenly slipped out of Momo's thoughts and covered her entire mind. She swallowed nervously, trying to forcefully keep her sweat-covered eyelids open. 
 
Her eyes were burning, her thoughts were slightly scattered with the salty taste she took from her lips. Although the tangible tension in the environment caused Momo to forcibly gain her attention, the appeal of the award confused her mind.
 
Her eyes were moving from side to side and scanning her enemies. She swallowed loudly, felt the saliva passing through her throat every second. She looked at the amount she had before taking a deep breath.
 
"10,000 yen. I'm still a little short. But this is my last chance. If I don't win, I won't be able to access it." Her gaze was going back and forth between the money in her hand and the paper nearby. Like any girl in the room except Teka,  she wanted what was written on that paper.
 
How did it get to this point? It was necessary to explain quickly.
 
Called the Wish Twister, this cursed game was a honeypot. The female bees, who were attracted to a particular person in the environment, threw themselves into it and got stuck without any other thought as soon as they heard this devil-invented game.
 
The game was created by Nejire and Blake during a conversation and developed with Rumi's participation, becoming a routine between the trio. At least that's what they said.
 
The rules were the same as those in the twister, but there were changes, large and small.
 
For example, unlike the regular twister, Wish Twister was played as 1v1s. With predetermined matches, the two sides faced each other and clashed in a fierce battle.
 
And an important element here was the money you had. Before you went into 1v1, you had to put in a certain amount of money. If you won, you could leave with the total prize in the middle, and if you lost, you could only cry desperately.
 
The most important rule was that when the person had enough money for himself, he could leave. If Momo thought she had enough money right now, she could simply go out, get whatever prize she wanted, and enjoy it.
 
There was a big win for everyone and no one was losing. Then why was it so stressful and serious?
 
That's because of the appeal of prize money. To give a few examples;
 
Hug-1000 Yen
 
Holding Hands (Censored with Censorship paper by Nejire) 2500 Yen
 
Deep Hug-4000 Yen
 
Sitting on the lap of the person you want-6000 Yen
 
A one-to-one meal with the person you want - 9000 Yen
 
Holding Hands (Uncensored)-12,000 Yen
 
Kissing (Couples only)-...
 
..
 
.
 
That's how the list went on and on. At first, it was designed only for Rumi, Nejire, and Blake, so there were usually things couples would do. With Teka's involvement, the group added rewards for which they could have fun and enjoy themselves.
 
That list was the reason Momo was serious. She wanted some of the rewards, even though she was trying not to show it from the outside.
 
Her goal was to hold hands uncensored and get a deep hug if it happened. [EN: What a lewd girl...]
 
Momo took a look at her enemies after she set her target. Her eyes lit up in the light of competition, her expression carrying honor and toughness like that of a war-ready general.
 
You might think Rumi was the most formidable opponent, as twister is a game of flexibility and endurance, but in fact, the most formidable opponent was Nejire, the most innocuous.    
 
"Look at that expression…" Momo was secretly giving Nejire a hostile glance. Nejire just stood there and those who looked at her smiled broadly, but her slightly narrowed eyes were saying, "Come to me." Contempt, defiance, and more could be seen in her slightly opened eyes.
 
As Momo and the other girls set their tactics, Blake cleared his throat. 
 
The girls' eyes turned to Blake. Blake was not their enemy, but the referee of the game and the judge who would determine their enemies. His stern expression like a statue seemed loftier and domineering with these headdresses.

"Gohom*... Now I will determine the encounters." And the words everyone's been waiting for have been said. Blake was giving the girls a glimpse. His eyes, which did not stop for more than a few seconds in a person, lacked any emotion.
 
Gulp!

The girls swallowed deeply. Especially Fuyumi and Momo, who had little money and were in a difficult situation because of the money in the middle, were paying extra attention to Blake's words. 

"Against Momo..."
 
...
 
"The fighting is over, the money flow is closed. There will be no more encounters. Wishes can be requested in the evening until the group dissipates, after which they will not be valid. In addition,  the money left in the middle and the extra money left over from you will be transferred to me. ''Blake put the paper on the table, where everyone can see it.
 
All the girls, including Teka, turned to the table and started looking at the wishes they could get on paper.  
 
Momo investigated the paper. She clapped her hands in delight when she saw that she was getting what she wanted. She was able to get the ''hand holding'', but unfortunately not the deep hug she wanted, but had enough money to buy a regular hug instead.
 
"Momo, come here." Blake stood out from the girls, heading deep into the house as he pointed his hand at her.
 
Momo started following Blake.  Because she didn't have much money like the other girls, she didn't have much choice and had already chosen what she wanted, so after putting the money on the table,  she followed Blake.
 
Blake took Momo to the training ground. He gestured for the girl to stop and headed to the edge of the room. He came to a black lid and stepped inside. The icy air came out of the door, causing the ambient temperature to decrease gradually, the cold behind the door could be easily felt by Momo even though she was far away.
 
Blake came out of the freezer after a few minutes. In his hand was a piece of meat with pink hues. The light pink color had an unnatural color. The flesh was quite plump under its icy skin, shivering like pudding with every movement of Blake's.
 

“What is this?” Momo kept her eyes on the piece of meat and asked with a focused expression.
 
"It's artificial human flesh. Or rather, that's what I call it. It's very similar to a person's flesh and DNA, but it's produced in an artificial environment. This will be our training partner after today."
 

“Artificial Human Meat?” Momo had a disgusted expression. She couldn't be said she like this thing called artificial meat. Its wavy structure and abnormal pinkness scratched the inside of the person, and the extreme softness and human-like nature that she could feel even if she did not touch it made her sick.

The name Blake gave the meat made her bloated stomach worse.
 
"Do you remember when I told you to look into lipids?" Blake ignored the girl's disgusted expression with a moderate smile and placed what he called "Artificial Meat" in the middle of the training ground.
 

''Yeah. “Momo tilted her head to the side and looked at Blake with a cute questioning expression. Since then, she has been working non-stop on lipids. She had swept away and etched everything she needed to know about lipids or at least anything written.
 
However, Blake has not spoken about lipids since, and the conversation continued to live as if it had never happened. Momo didn't stop working for a day, but sometimes she thought about why he wanted something like this from her.
 
"Well, do you remember the weaknesses I told you that day?" Blake snapped from the previous conversation and moved on to the new topic. Momo was confused, but she answered.
 
"My self-confidence, the way I used Quirk, and Lipids."
 
"That's right." Blake continued to speak after completing his affirming statement with a nod.
 
“You got past the first two of these pretty well, but that one is still giving you a big problem. And this problem is more critical than we think. And this is lipids.” He gestured to “Artificial Flesh” with his finger.
 
"You told me your Quirk couldn't create living things, but you had no problem creating organic matter. From today you will try to create lipids and...” Blake's last words hit Momo's brain like a bombshell. His next words confirmed her thoughts as she looked at Blake in shock.
 
"We will ensure that you have unlimited lipid sources." 
 
An imaginary lightning bolt began to blow through Momo's mind. Her thoughts were in turmoil. Her emotions were replaced by confusion, shock, joy, hesitation, and more.
 
Blake's words were not simply words. If she could do what he said, she would be invincible. She would be invincible. Even with a week's training from Blake and getting rid of her minor flaws, she was still able to defeat someone like Aizawa, mostly the surprise factor and the secrecy of the components she used, but the result was still the same.
 

So what if she solved Momo's biggest problem, lipids? Momo didn't know this, but she wanted to see it.
 

"C-Can we do that?" Confidence aside, Blake's shocking idea drove Momo to confirm his words. She wanted to be sure of Blake's words and to make sure he didn't accidentally say them.
 

“Yes, we will.” Blake didn't say any more or make an exaggerated gesture. He said a few simple words as he stood still, but the confidence behind his words struck Momo.
 
"Let's get started." The long adventures of the duo began with these words. Blake folded his hands above his head and stretched deeply. As Momo grew stronger, he wasn't going to stop. He had plans of his own.
 
 
 
 
 

12