Chapter 67: Reason To Exist
202 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you see any mistakes, feel free to write. I'll fix it.

There are 1-2 episodes left before the main character absorbs the speed power lightning and we enter the multi-verse. Sorry I waited so long.

-----------------------

“Get out!!” In the leader's desperate moment, a roar was heard. The black-robed man pulled the leader back at the last moment, placing his arm in front of the lightning so that those behind him would not be harmed.

No matter how much he didn't care about them and his sole purpose was to fight, the order he received from the lead man was to behave well, at least until the operation began. Although then he would do what he wanted, he especially couldn't let the leader die.

He swung his robe in one motion, exposing his muscular torso and arm that was twice the size of a normal human. He aligned his arm in front of the lightning.

Lightning pierced the flesh and muscle without difficulty as if entering a piece of fat, not flesh and bone. Blood gushed from his arm as if from a faucet. The robed man's eyes narrowed in pain. The shredding of flesh and muscles aside, the sensation of burning alive made his mind flutter.

Not only that, the lightning bolts that pierced his arm were sending electric currents all over his body, starting from his arm, numbing his body. It was getting harder and harder for him to keep his arm upright, losing the sense of pain every second.

He grit his teeth, a wild smile on the contrary. He seemed to enjoy the bruising of his arm, the bleeding, and the pain in a different way.

The man's muscles began to move. As if thousands of snakes suddenly stood up, his muscles moved in layers, wrapping his arm. Beneath the light of the night, his muscles had a metal glow.

The muscle density and hardness were enough to block most attacks and amplify most of this man's attacks, but could the lightning bolts generated by his speed power be repelled that easily?

Or could this man Quirk's succeed it?

Tssss!!

Pieces of meat kept breaking off. However, the pieces of flesh burned before they could fall to the ground until they turned into steam-like pieces of blood and skin, and not even dust remained.

The lightning streak seemed to have no intention of stopping, without losing any of its shine or power and continued on its way.

“This can't go on like this...” As crazy as he was, his logic was sound and he could think straight. The lightning was more destructive than he thought, and if he didn't do something, it would pierce through his arm, aiming at his heart.

Now that he had put himself in this situation, he had no chance of going back. He had been able to save the leader at the last moment, and his heart would have been pierced by lightning before he could pull himself out. There would be no other last moment for him.

“GGRRRRAAAAA” With a mighty roar, he forcefully swung his arm to the side as he pressed one hand on the lightning. It wasn't easy to do, the momentum the lightning had gathered made it difficult for him to move his arm as if a load of thousands of tons was suspended.

The swing of his arm left behind a half-moon-shaped white stripe. The lightning fragments disappeared like thousands of fireflies after floating in the air for a while.

The man was able to disperse the lightning somehow, but he had made a great sacrifice for it. His right arm was unusable, he had lost all feeling, and electrical currents continued to spread from his right arm all over his body.

The part that had been struck by the lightning had turned to ash down to his bones and had acquired a black color. The skin and flesh of his left hand, which he used to suppress lightning, was blackened and burned.

Finally, the hit and momentum of the attack were so intense that his body was shaking. It wasn't mentioned, but at that moment it felt like it had been hit by a powerful sledgehammer. His bones still ached, his skeleton trembled.

Nobody spoke. The leader was sitting on his butt, trying to get over the shock of his near-death experience just now. As a villain, he was not afraid of death and had many near-death experiences in his life.

But the feeling of being able to die without even realizing it was a completely different feeling.

“What was that…” He ran a shaky hand through his hair and pulled it out. The coldness that started in his spine and enveloped his entire body was not going away.

Who was that young man? That mission aside, he couldn't even remember being such a person in the U.A. Considering the speed of the attack and the power behind it, he couldn't be a simple disciple.

'White hair... well-built body... handsome face... 1.90 meters tall...' He thought about the masked youth's words. The descriptions described someone he had read in the reports, but he wasn't supposed to have that kind of power. From what they could barely learn, they knew he had a Quirk about the body.

Even if he had a second Quirk, he shouldn't be this strong.

"Who was that bastard, Dabi?! Why didn't you tell me there would be someone like that?" The robed figure turned to the leader and almost snarled. His body was trembling slightly, he was clutching his arm, but there was clear excitement in his only open eyes.

He wasn't angry, he didn't have a single bit of anger in his heart. On the contrary, he was excited. He wanted to fight the attacker and beat him until he begged for mercy.

“You sadistic fool… I didn't know that someone like that would be here....” Dabi put his hand on the ground and tried to lift himself. His body was trembling like the muscular man's, but for a different reason.

“Leader…” The masked youth got over his bewilderment and took a step forward to come to Dabi. There was something he wanted to say to him.

He clearly remembered meeting his eyes as he looked at the white-haired youth. Those icy, emotionless eyes had left an unforgettable feeling in the youth. That's were not faulted or luck, they were looking straight into his eyes.

That was what was difficult for him to understand. They must have been more than a kilometer apart, but he was making eye contact with the man.

He had to tell this to Dabi.

''Not now. We need to change plans.” Dabi silenced the youth with a random wave of his hand. He didn't have the luxury to think of anything else right now.

The whole plan was ruined. The absence of another attack after the previous attack should have been the other side's way of showing that they knew of their existence. In this case, he should have already informed the students and teachers, and the surprise factor had completely disappeared.

They also could report it to the UA, in which case the whole plan was trashed. Finally, with the new variable entering their plans, they might have to change their plans.

''They will expect it. But what if we don't change the plan?” After a quick reflection session, Dabi began to think aloud.

Anyone could think of the above things, but what if they just went on the same plan without doing anything? Their plans were not exposed, but they could do nothing and deceive them, thinking that they would be on their toes due to the thwarting and exposure of the attacks.

"We'll see if there's any activity tomorrow. If 10 of us gather, we can kill them, no matter how prepared they are, as long as they give an opening.” If there was a mobilization or new heroes tomorrow, they could just walk out of here.

''Leader...''

“We can implement a few changes in the first phase of the plan. I can hold the new entrant on my own by attacking him as soon as I'm done with the first stage."

''Dabi...''

“Meanwhile, you do your part. I'll be on the lookout for him to intervene remotely like he just did, and if he does, I'll let you know somehow. Keep an eye on the sky.''

''Dabi...''

''And...''

"LOOK BACK!"

“What is it?” Dhabi finally lost his patience and turned away in an angry mood. But when he did, he froze, what he saw caused his eyes to widen.

Just one step behind him was a man a head taller than him. He was dressed in casual clothes, but his clothes were messy, clearly showing that he had just gotten out of bed or was getting ready for bed.

His face, bathed in the moonlight, took on an extraterrestrial appeal. His eyes were as cold as the night winds, and he was staring sharply at his surroundings. Even though his gaze was spine-chillingly cold and emotionless, it didn't make him look bad, on the contrary, it gave him a cold, hard-to-approach charm.

"Why did you stop…" He cast a half-glance over his shoulder at Dabi. His messy white hair bounced slightly. His raven-black eyes glowed with killing intent and a faint playful light.

"I'm very interested in any changes in your plans."

“You…” Dabi jumped back, blue flames erupting from his body, covering the hill. The heat of the flames was comparable to Endeavor's.

"Hou, 7 against 1, huh. All right.” Blake took a glance around him as he stood in the center of the villains.

The man who did not hide his face took his weapon in his hand, the lizard boy wielded his sword, the only girl staring at him with her knife and eyes as cold as the light reflecting from her knife, the robed man's good hand starting to become muscled... each of them preparing their attack.

Blake shrugged, staying where he was without making any battle preparations. His indifferent stance was a great contrast to the atmosphere.

**

“A hippie, a masked boy, a sadistic maniac, a half-zombie, a flaming half-face, and a ninja turtle….” Blake sighed, running his hand through his hair and combing it back. The hair in the area where his hand passed was returning to its previous state the next second.

His gaze turned to the only person standing.

“And you, weird girl.” For the first time from the start, emotion appeared in his voice. His cold, callous tone broke, and a slight hesitation took its place. He wasn't quite sure what to do with the current situation.

Blake wasn't the type to take pity just because his enemy was a woman. Once she became an enemy, he wouldn't hesitate to smash her head, especially if she was threatening those he loved. However, what happened in the current situation caused him to stop.

At first, her expression was normal. As one would expect of an enemy and villain, there was a glint of madness in his eyes, burning with killing intent.

But as time passed and he kept beating the villain, the gleam in her eyes began to change. From madness to slow admiration to admiration to almost worship, she gave Blake star-studded looks.

And the knife that had been in her hand all along was already on the ground.

At first, she thought he was someone kidnapped by bad guys and forced into being the bad guy. However, this hypothesis changed with the girl's statement.

The girl's expression shone with admiration, and she suddenly began to bite her finger. Her flesh was riddled with holes, and a large amount of blood was dripping from her finger. Blake could tell that she was thinking of the finger as himself.

Worship-level admiration and the desire to bite him to death, the strange desire to taste his blood on the top of him… The girl's chaotic and confusing thoughts made it impossible for Blake to understand her thoughts.

“Hai, Toga Himiko.” The girl stopped biting her finger and introduced herself with a glowing expression as she fervently waved her hand.

She shrugged her hand to the side, the red blood flower blooming on the ground. The chaotic emotions that had just been erased from the girl's face disappeared in an instant, replacing them with a kind and happy smile comparable to Nejire's.

"You... aren't you going to attack?"

"I want to, but I can't."

''Why?''

"When I do this, you won't give me what I want.''

"What do you want?"

"I won't tell you."

"Hah... Then I'm taking you down." Blake was going to take her down no matter what her answer was. He appeared in front of her in an instant, his distant gaze fell on her.

“Hıhım.” But unlike his cold gaze and his knife-shaped hand, the girl opposite him continued to smile brightly, turning her body left and right on one foot. Her hair rolled into two balls, bounced lightly. The healthy redness on her face was growing with every second she looked at Blake's face.

She tilted her head slightly forward and spoke as she grinned at Blake, showing her canine teeth.

“Here you go.” She bowed her head slightly and surrendered completely to Blake, sticking out her neck. Blake could have smashed her neck with the extra force or killed her by doing anything to her, but she didn't seem to care.

"You're really crazy aren't you?"

Blake's words made her chuckle. Her smirk grew larger. Wild happiness bloomed on her face as her eyes took the shape of a crescent moon. The tone of her redness turned to an abnormal level and spread over her entire face.

''Yeah.''

Pat!

Blake didn't let her speak any further, and with a single square hit on the back of the neck, he knocked her unconscious, causing her to fall to the ground.

He took one last look around before leaving.

Each of the villains lay unconscious in different places. They were completely devastated and had varying degrees of injury. Especially the muscular man's body was so bad that those who saw it trembled. His most severe wound was a dent in his chest.

But for some reason, all but the bulky man's injuries were minimal. They were battered, but these wounds could heal in 1-2 days if medical care was given.

As Blake intended to leave, he heard a faint rustle. The earth was grasped, and the pieces of stone were shattered by the clenched fist. He turned his head in the direction the voice came from.

Dabi struggled to lift his head as his fingers scratched the ground. The pupils under his eyelids, which he could force open, were cloudy, and he seemed to be struggling not to go to the back of his skull.

The biggest reason why he was in this situation was that Blake didn't want to deal with the flames, so he hit him directly on the head.

"Wh.. y... didn't... y...ou kill... us..."The words were staccato, and there was too much space between his words. He was having trouble keeping himself sober, and he might have even passed out a few times between his words.

“...” Blake didn't answer directly. He looked at Dabi's face.

Even if Dabi fell to the ground, he refused to bow down and helplessly faint. His fingers were scratching the ground as if they had turned into claws, his wavy eyes carrying a rebellious and wild gleam that wanted to tear Blake apart.

He looked quite like someone Blake knew well. That's all, if Dabi frowns a bit, just like right now...

The beautiful face of a woman appeared next to Dabi's face. Blake's eyes widened in shock. These two faces were quite similar, and while their personalities were not the same, the small personalities Blake could see were similar.

Another face appeared directly above him. It belonged to a more moderate and harmonious face, but Dabi's facial features also matched this person's.

Another face appeared on the other side of Dabi's face. Dhabi's resemblance to this face was greater than any before.

'Can't it be?' Blake shook his head, thinking this was impossible, and dismissed the thought. But he wrote the information on the side of his head.

“Why?” He turned around and glanced at the building where the students were probably still asleep.

Dabi's vision, which had been choppy from the beginning, was getting darker. It was getting harder and harder for him to keep his eyelids open, the pain in his head was becoming unbearable. But he resisted, resisting to listen to the next words as his fingers continued to dig in the ground.

All he could see in his blurred vision was a human figure blending into the starry sky. The silhouette in his vision was constantly getting longer, wider, or undulating, but Dabi grit his teeth to keep his gaze from the figure.

Maybe he was hallucinating right now, he didn't know, but he still grits his teeth to resist.

“A hero does not come easily. There must be some whetstones.” Blake spoke in a monotone. He simply uttered the words that were true to pity for Dabi.

'W... w... what... are you saying that I... we are... a whetstone...?''Dabi could no longer think rationally. His vision was completely black and his mouth was speaking automatically. His wavy eyes continued to stare at Blake, but the light within him had completely disappeared.

“Yeah, that's why you exist.” He looked over his shoulder at him, at least that was what he could see. He didn't know what look or expression he had, but the mediocrity in his voice made him feel insulted.

But he couldn't refuse it. Deep down he had a small feeling that it was real. Fortunately, he wasn't in a state of depression. Otherwise, very "hot" scenes would have emerged.

Darkness engulfed his entire world, and he heard the last few words as he fell into the embrace of a deep void.

"However, if I approve of what I have in mind and 'they' ask for it, you will no longer have such a role. '' Blake suddenly spoke in a warm tone. For some reason, he knew he was smiling tenderly at him. The confidence and clarity behind the words brought a half-smile to his lips.

And when it was swallowed up by darkness at the last light, everything else fell into silence.

**

The darkness of night was pierced by pure white light and Blake appeared in his room.

Momo had already fallen asleep. She wrapped the full-size pillow, which she thought of as Blake, in all four of her limbs, rubbing her cheek lightly against the pillow. Her ragged belly and shapely legs were revealed by her messy clothes.

Blake looked at her with a warm smile, wanting to go to her but couldn't. He still had something to question.

“Should I have killed them?” Blake asked himself as he started searching for his phone.

He had not killed them because they played a key role in this world. At least that's what Blake guessed. He predicted that if the so-called Blake factor hadn't had any effect, this group would have had a major impact on the development of children.

He could not kill such people as he wished. Even if he did, Lilith could somehow resurrect them or repeat the same scenario. That would only bring unwanted headaches.

Well, he could keep killing them all the time and make Lilith sick. After all, even if there were hundreds of them, they couldn't hurt him. But that was just a bigger headache. He didn't quite know Lilith and the limits of her patience.

In the end, he just decided to intimidate them. At least that way they wouldn't hurt him or his loved ones.

He might don't do anything, but he was worried that if he didn't do anything, some brave dogs would dare to bite him. Or rather, their loved ones. He had to appear to prevent this from happening.

And that's it, he was on the move. After all, he had not developed his strength and personality for show or anything. He sharpened his heart to kill the dogs that would try to bite his family when the time came; he had developed his power in this world so that no one could take action against his will.

“Hello, I want to talk to you about something.” After a few minutes, the other party replied. He spoke when the harsh but charming voice of the other party was heard.

“This is about speculation. Could you possibly have a dead, discarded, or abandoned grandchild?

**

The sun appeared in the sky, continuing its usual routine. The students again got up early in the morning, repeating their training routines, and the teachers were trying not to betray their sleep because they got up even earlier than they did to train them.

Blake and Momo continued their daily tour. Unlike students, they did not bother to study for a single second, they enjoyed their holidays alone.

Momo was embarrassed by the holidays and the stares she could feel on her as her friends worked hard and struggled to get stronger. However, in these few days, she had grown a little skin (became Shameless) and was able to ignore them.

As Blake said, she needed rest. Even the strongest iron would shatter into pieces after being repeatedly hammered by a hammer.

Besides… She wanted to spend more alone time with Blake. Couldn't a lady be selfish once in a while? Even if she didn't, this lady would be a little selfish.

Pof*

Momo's nose pointing at the sky, while she was meditating slightly arrogantly, a hand plunged into her hair in a spiky bun and began to stroke it lightly.

"Blake, what are you doing?" She tried to push Blake's hand away but failed. The biggest reason was that she didn't try.

“I love my girlfriend. What? Can't I?" Blake ignored her resistance. He continued to rub her hair with a warm smile.

''You can do.'

The couple was having a good time and the students were continuing their education. Aizawa's dissatisfaction was growing with each passing second.

The sun turned to the west and night approached. However, unlike the previous days, the house in the middle of the forest did not lose its vitality, on the contrary, it started to come alive. The students wore comfortable clothes and were heading towards the entrance of the forest with excited expressions.

The moment had come, the test of courage and the time to begin was drawing near.

 

9