Chapter 98: Why did your speed increase?
89 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blake waited for the man's reply. Talking and arguing is one of the most basic abilities of human beings and, together with their intelligence, is one of the characteristics that distinguish them from animals. Even though Blake was slightly hostile towards the man for his actions, he decided to find out why.

 

Well, he can't be a rabid dog that will bite and kill any thief that comes his way, right?

 

Simon was silent for a while. The lightning bolts kept coming out of his body and whipping the air, then returning to his body. Amid the serpentine movements of lightning, he continued to study Blake.

 

He thought Blake was just as fast as he was. The basis of his thoughts was that he did not see his lightning and did not think that others would be as lucky as he was.

 

Simon became a speedster in his world and then stole Barry's speed. Given time, he was destined to be the fastest speeder. Moreover, he had the power of not just one, but two speeds, and he believed he was destined for something greater than Barry.

 

As for his lightning, he thought he had the same orange lightning as himself.

 

Although it doesn't make sense in the series, in the comic, the color of lightning is the most basic concept representing the power of a speedster and it expresses how fast the speeder is according to the light spectrum.

 

The colors are red(color), yellow, orange, green, blue, white, and red (Negative Speed ​​Power) which is not included in these colors. It is also available in more purple etc colors. [EN: There are also two kinds of blue. While the first is the blue described above, the second occurs when he increases his speed with a special drug. I may name the latter differently when the time comes. It will be in different colors and if you know the colors, please write.]

 

And Blake's speed was on par with his. He had noticed in his little battles that he was no faster than him.

What Simon didn't know was that Blake had concealed his lightning bolts since he noticed him, which he had sensed long before but had ignored.

 

He didn't know how important lightning bolts were. However, given the spectrum of light, he had concealed it, worried that his elegant white lightning might cause him trouble or cause the snake to escape.

 

No matter how hard Blake tried, he couldn't increase his speed. Because of this, he started to develop all his strengths except his speed, and lightning was one of them.

 

And as a result of these actions, his control over his lightning had increased to a level that even he wasn't entirely sure about.

 

As for his speed, he could beat him faster than Mach 3, but he had matched his speed with his and followed to understand the opponent's purpose and if others were coming with him.

 

'Why am I stealing? You know this pretty well. I'm going to ask you a question. Why are you giving away such a precious thing to someone who isn't like us?" Simon's skin was wrinkled, his brows not visible as it was covered by his red suit.

 

The bracelet in Blake's hand was filled with pure speed power. If to compare it with the energy found in the world, the bracelet contained energy that could rule the entire world for years.

 

Moreover, if this energy was absorbed by them, contrary to what is known, it would not be painful at all. It would be fully accepted and assimilated by the body, like drinking water.

 

Simon didn't understand why Blake had given such a thing to an ordinary girl, Momo. While immediately absorbing this thing was the first thing to do, he should have kept it with him even if he had no intention of absorbing it.

 

An ordinary girl like Momo wasn't even worthy to hold such a thing.

"It's none of your business." Blake lifted his head slightly. His raven-black eyes looked down on the man, the dominating emotion in his eyes making Simon's skin tickle.

 

Simon fell silent, giving Blake a cautious look. He shoved his foot lightly into the ground, aligning the tip of his shoe to the right so that if Blake moved, he would run away. Blake's cold voice and gaze made him feel a sense of danger that he had only felt twice in his life.

 

The first was when he died in his first life. The second was at Scathach. And now he felt it in Blake.

 

"Probably his physical strength is superior to me. But as long as he can't get close to me, it shouldn't be a problem." Simon forced himself to rationalize his sense of death. With their equal speed, he shouldn't be a threat to himself.

 

In this case, the opponent was stronger than himself and more experienced in life and death battles. As for the chilling, he guessed it was the "killing intent" he'd heard in fantasy books and anime in his previous life.

 

As his reason grew stronger, he overcame his fear, and all the fear in his heart disappeared without a trace. His trembling expression faded, and one corner of his lip lifted, forming a confident smile.

 

'Of course, it doesn't matter. But if you don't want that thing that much, you can give it to me. You should even give it to me." He put a hand on his hip. His tense muscles softened.

 

Blake's eyebrows knit. He stared intently at the man's suddenly softening facial expression and muscles. His relaxed posture, his reckless gaze, and more. He seemed to have seen all this elsewhere.

 

After a quick thought session, he remembered exactly where he had seen it. A mocking smile appeared on his face. He couldn't hold back his chuckle.

 

"Hehe... haha... HAHAHAHA!!" His chuckle grew slowly. It went from a small smile to a genuine laugh. He covered his face with his hand, but his black hole-like black eyes that appeared through his fingers carried great contempt.

"Why are you laughing?" Simon showed a little anger. Blake's laughter made him remember a certain arrogant blonde character in his previous life. And he didn't like that character.

"Haha... you... you... do you think you're the main character?" Blake wiped the tears from the corners of his eyes with his finger. His words froze Simon in place.

 

Simon's reaction widened Blake's smile. He had seen Simon's reaction and movements before in Kuro.

 

These were the actions of someone who thought he was the main character. Reckless actions as if he were never going to die, attitudes claiming that everything deserves the best and it's his, and arrogant and audacious words without knowing how strong the other side is, were the things a person with the main character syndrome would have.

 

Even though Blake laughed, he thought it was too insulting. The other party was as old for it, perhaps older than him, yet he acted as if he was at the center of the universe.

 

And to Blake, that was pretty funny.

 

He also predicted that the other party would die soon. Even if it wasn't in his hands, the other party would probably provoke someone they shouldn't have provoked.

 

Why was he thinking like that? Because the other side saw this life as a game or still an anime. Such people would blatantly provoke those they shouldn't have provoked, as in Kuro, or enter into battles they could not win, thinking they would not die.

 

It was the fate of these people to die and be forgotten, even lower than the side character.

 

Because this life isn't a game or an anime, it's real life.

It was not certain that they would get another one of this second life given to them. The person should be aware of this situation and get out of the absurd "main character" syndrome as soon as possible and live by weighing the situation seriously.

 

Even Blake still hadn't unleashed his full strength, despite being very strong. The possibility of hiding powerful people like Teka in this world was in the back of his mind, and unleashing his full power or acting recklessly meant death.

 

Well, that was just Blake's thought. He didn't want to waste his time caring about how others were behaving. If there's going to be a chuunibyou who's going to go and kill himself, so be it. It has nothing to do with him.

 

It's nothing more than just a pastime for him.

 

Blake looked at Simon's darkening face. His smile deepened. It looked like he had shot the Bullseye.

 

 

'Well, I don't care. Go deal with someone you can't match with your main character demeanor and wait for death, it's none of my business." He dismissed the issue with a dismissive wave of his hand. But he didn't know that his words had hit another bullseye.

 

"If you don't care, why are you laughing at me?" Simon grit his teeth, his hands clenched into fists. The number of lightning bolts coming out of his body was increasing day by day.

 

Blake shrugged, not answering the man.

 

Simon and Blake looked into each other's eyes. The indifferent look and the slightly angered gaze stared at each other, waiting for the other to speak first. A weak wind blew and the leaves rustled, a few leaves snapped from the tree branches and drifted with the air.

 

Simon was the first to lose his patience.

"Anyway, like I said. If you have no desire to absorb it, you better give it to me. At least it wouldn't go to waste in the hands of the common woman." Simon frowned. He wasn't so arrogant in other matters, but he was very selective and careful when it came to The Flash and things related to it.

 

He liked Momo as an anime character, but he didn't think even she was worthy to touch speed power. Blake, on the other hand, was worthy as he was chosen by the speed power.

 

''Hm? You are the main character. But the annoying ones. Anyway, why do you think I should give it to you?" Blake put his hands in his pockets. His eyes were half-closed, his demeanor indifferent, save for the mocking smile that hung on his face.

 

'There is no particular reason... But if you can't assimilate it, no one in this world can absorb it but me."

 

There was truth in his words. As a speedster, only Simon could absorb the bracelet in this world apart from Blake.

 

But Blake didn't think so. If he helped, he could turn each of the girls into speedsters. However, this required the speed power orbs that he had removed from Denki and the Time Wraith.

 

Of course, he wouldn't say that to the other side.

 

"Is that all, then you're not worth it." Blake shook his head, his hair swept aside. He had not thought that the other party was stealing for such an unfounded reason.

 

"Since the interrogation phase is over, I must judge a thief as he deserves." Blake kicked the ground as he spoke. The ground trembled as if there was an earthquake. The tree next to Blake was uprooted.

Blake thrust himself into the air. He flipped his body horizontally in mid-air, using his rotational acceleration to kick the tree. As he lost momentum, his body fell to the ground, touching the ground with the tip of his finger and stabilizing his stance.

 

Simon looked at the tree that had come to him. The corner of his lip curled upwards. Time slowed, his pupils illuminated with orange light. He gave strength to his right foot and completed his step.

 

He didn't know why the other side had made such a simple attack on him, but since he despised him so much, he would respond with a good punch.

 

"Hm?" Simon frowned. Although time had slowed down and had used its superior speed, the tree continued to follow it.

 

He increased his speed. In the space where time slowed down, the lightning bolts coming out of his body looked like thin lightning bolts. Their steps followed each other. Still, he couldn't escape the tree's target area.

 

He stepped forward at his top speed. He disappeared in an instant, reappearing in front of another tree the next second. With that, he had to dodge that tree.

 

He turned his head to look behind him and make sure the tree had hit its old place. But when he turned his head ninety degrees, he saw that the tree was right in his face.

 

His eyes widened. He couldn't understand how the tree was still following him. Yet he did not stop. He stopped his steps, put his feet on the ground, and let his body drift. He raised his arm and punched the tree.

 

Crack!

With a loud voice, the trunk of the tree split in two. Even if Simon only had 10% of Blake's power, the acceleration he gathered from his high speed was by no means insignificant. In this way, he was able to split the tree in two with his power.

 

Simon folded his arms in front of his chest. Another attack should have followed such a trick, probably because of Blake's equal speed, he was considering gaining an advantage with this method.

 

However, the expected attack did not come. He placed his feet on the ground, straightened his posture, and looked at Blake with widened eyes.

 

'Why didn't he attack?' Simon lowered his arms. He looked at Blake suspiciously, seeing him staring at him with shock and disbelief.

 

"Why did your speed increase?" Blake's eyes widened. He pointed with his finger at Simon, his voice trembling slightly.

**

Blake opened the door of the house and walked in. The perfect warmth that filled the house caressed his face. He closed the door behind him and looked around.

 

The lights were off. There was no sound coming from upstairs or downstairs. Blake took off his shoes with one finger, placed them neatly in the shoebox, and headed inside.

 

Before entering the kitchen, he went to the living room and turned on the television for sound. He went into the kitchen, took a knife, and began to prepare snacks for the girls.

 

The knife danced harmoniously in his hand, and food was cut, sliced, chopped, and peeled to the sound of low cutting sounds.

 

Blake was lost in thought as he did this.

 

He had just seen something that shocked him.

 

Simon's fellow of the same species had increased in speed. The increase in speed did not surprise him, he knew deep down that it was all-natural.

 

What surprised him was the pattern of Simon's speed increase.

 

He hadn't noticed at first, but when he attacked Simon, he saw his speed increase in a very natural way. Like breathing, his speed was getting a little faster every few seconds. It wasn't visible, but after a few minutes of talking, the increase in speed was evident.

 

When he asked Simon about this, the other party gave him a strange look. His quiet words seemed to say to him, "Why are you asking such a normal thing?"

 

After that, he received an urgent call and left without looking at Blake. Confused, Blake had no intention of stopping him. He didn't even look at him when he left.

 

With Simon's presence, Blake had realized for the first time in his second life that there was a problem with his power.

 

He didn't mind that his speed wouldn't increase at first. Yes, his pace might not be picking up, but it wasn't so bad that he despaired. Speed ​​power had a lot of undiscovered powers other than speed, and speed wouldn't matter as he discovered them over time.

 

But today he had learned that increasing his speed was as natural as breathing. For the first time in a long time, he began to think about how to increase his speed.

 

After all, as long as he could solve the problem, his speed would increase even if he didn't want to. He thought there would be no free food in this world, but he learned that he was the one who missed the free food. [EN: Free food: Free power boost, easy access to things that benefit the person]

 

His movements did not stop during his thoughts. Small hills of various sliced ​​vegetables and fruits had formed next to Blake, and more continued to form over time.

 

He continued to think until the girls arrived, but could not conclude. Firstly, he didn't know exactly where the problem was, and secondly, he didn't know how to fix it even if he found it because his knowledge of speed power was so shallow.

 

He put his thoughts aside for now, as he would prepare the meals when the girls arrived. Nejire looked at the hills beside him with interest and began to ask him how many fruits and vegetables he had cut for these hills. Blake was completely distracted by this.

 

When night fell, Blake escorted the girls to the other rooms and fell asleep after spending quality time with Nejire.

4