Chapter 03: Stop Digging Your Own Grave, Mikoto
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mikoto looked at what was happening in front of him with an unamused look on his face. He's too lazy to deal with this bullshit, but he is not that cruel to let someone handle something out of their league.

"Fuck," he muttered. "Me and my bleeding heart," heaving a sigh out of his mouth, he takes out Hrungnir Great Sword from his [Inventory].

Hrungnir is a Pantheon-series weapon was developed by St. 1504 Labs based on super-heavy great swords. One side of the blade has two mini-propulsion devices, allowing the wielder to unleash explosive bursts of power when swinging this weapon. This heavyweight Great Sword allows users to sweep aside living or non-living nuisances that get in their way.

Gripping the sword's handle tightly in his hand, Mikoto tested swinging the great sword in his hand. He won't go into the battle without familiarizing himself with the weapon. And he trusts the girl can handle herself for a few more seconds.

Now that he can swing the great sword without any trouble, Mikoto sets his sight on the Emperor-class Houkai Beast. Mikoto's amber eyes now turned orange, and the aura around him changed.

"Fuuu… Ha…," Breathing in and out, he adjusted his breathing. Even though he doesn't want to be on the radar of that girl, he has to help Kyuushou. After all, no matter how strong he is, he is nothing but a small speck of dust in front of her.

Only the Savior with her plot armor might be able to beat that girl. Thus, he is saving the soon-to-be Savior right now. With her by his side, he'll be able to laze around whenever he wants to. Yes, that was his real reason. Instead of thinking about humanity's victory, he was thinking of mooching off the Savior for her plot armor.

Mikoto rushed toward the Houkai Beast and hacked it with the great sword in his hand. But alas, the Houkai Beast got damaged but didn't die.

Of course, it is the Emperor-class Houkai Beast. Why would it die with just a single hit?

"Are you okay?" Turning his head, Mikoto asked the girl gasping for air.

"I am… fine," she replied, shakily holding the daggers in her hands. Both her legs and hands are shaking. It might be fear she was feeling, or it might be because of exhaustion, he does not know. The girl before him is not someone who proclaimed herself to be a Savior. Now, she is just a simple girl with amnesia.

Mikoto had almost forgotten about the DLC as he stopped playing after some point in his previous life. But he remembered Theresa was living separately from the Fire Moth.

"Should I go to her instead of the Fire Moth organization? I might have to work if I stay with them," he thought. But first, he'll focus on the Houkai Beast in front of him.

Breathe in, breathe out. Mikoto steadied his breathing. One should be cool-headed when dealing with a Houkai Beast.

Raising the great sword in his hand, Mikoto readied his stance. The information about Himeko's fighting style appeared in his mind. He hates using a Great Sword, but he must use it to crack the tough nut in front of him.

*Roar*

"Goddammit!" Mikoto curses under his breath as a wave of zombies appears in his vision. "You," the redhead raises his voice to get the attention of Kyuushou.

"Yes?" The Lord and Savior answered while breathing heavily. Current Kyuushou is someone who lost her memories, so she is not acting like a chuunibyou. Oh, how much Mikoto missed her laughter and nonsense when he played the game.

"Get away from the Houkai Beast when I give you the signal," Saying that to Kyuushou, Mikoto readied his stance.

"Breathe in, Breathe out. Treat this sword like how Himeko would treat her weapon. No, don't put it on fire. Put both my hands on the handle and tighten the grip," the redhead muttered.

"Now!" Kyuushou dodged backward the moment she heard Mikoto's voice. Running toward the Houkai Beast, Mikoto sent out three energy blasts toward it. The Beast froze a little because Mikoto included the Ice Element in those blasts.

*Bang*

Mikoto tilted his head to the right, dodging the incoming bullets from Bronya. The bullets hit the Houkai Beast, making holes in its body.

"I am sorry," Bronya started. "I was focusing so much on the Houkai Beast that I didn't see you were running toward the Houkai Beast," she apologized to the Herrscher.

Mikoto felt like he needed to smoke some cigarettes. It was too troublesome for him to interact with the Fire Moth right now. As one of the Human(?) survivors, he was sure they'd try to rescue him even if he didn't need said rescue.

But Mikoto made sure not to show his true feelings on his face. "No problem," he answered, dodging the incoming attack from the Houkai Beast. "Just help me get rid of this fella," he added.

"Roger," Bronya nodded. "Emesa, take Kyuushou and retreat," she ordered the blonde-haired girl.

"What about you, Bronya?" the blonde-haired girl asked back.

While they were talking, Mikoto handled the Houkai Beast on his own. The Houkai Beast was much stronger than the one back from his world. "Was it because she is in the Stigma Space?" he thought but denied it quickly.

It wouldn't be hard for Mikoto to erase this Houkai Beast if he could freely use his powers. It was hard for him to fight the Houkai Beast while consistently using under 15% of his power. That was because the enemies inside this Stigma Space were stronger than the ones he used to fight.

Deep down, Mikoto knew that the Houkai in this Stigma Space was more violent than the Honkai back home. The Honkai was trying to advance civilization to a certain level, while the Houkai were nothing more than violent energy, only aiming to destroy.

"This is an order!" Bronya yelled at the girl who was questioning her. "Take her and leave to safety!"

Looking at Bronya's resoluteness, Emesa could do nothing but nod. "Alright, take care," she said. Carrying the injured Houraiji Kyuushou, she reassured, "Hang on, I will take you back to the base."

Seeing that everyone was safe and the help had arrived, Kyuushou finally let go of herself and fell asleep. Emesa, with her small body, carried Kyuushou to safety.

Now that the injured had retreated to the base, Bronya could finally shift her focus to the Houkai Beast… and a 'man' fighting it. Bronya knew most males became zombies because they couldn't withstand Houkai Energy. But to see a male with clean clothes and a weapon that strangely looked fresh out of the factory made her cautious toward the male.

*Bang*

She shot her sniper toward the head of the Houkai Beast. Aim, breathe in, breathe out, pull the trigger, reload, aim, breathe in, breathe out, pull the trigger, reload.

*Roar*

Because of Bronya's constant firing and energy blasts from Mikoto, the Houkai Beast couldn't take it and roared in pain. Using it as an opportunity, Mikoto put his Great Sword inside its mouth and started swinging it through the Houkai Beast's body.

With the Houkai Beast down, it was time for Bronya to interrogate the mysterious male before her. "My name is Bronya Zaychik. Please report your name and base, mysterious stranger," she started.

"Rekka Mikoto, outside this world," Mikoto sighed and answered the question. He had no intention of being secretive about his origin. There is no one aside from the Herrscher of the End who can beat him here. And from his guessing, he knew that Kiana of this Stigma Space already knew about him being here as he could not leave the Stigma Space willingly.

"You are from the Sea of Quanta?" Bronya asked, raising her eyebrow. It was not new to her as her little sister Seele was trapped in the Sea of Quanta when they were little. So, the topic of the Sea of Quanta was not new to her.

"I'm from a branch of the Imaginary Tree, but let's just go with that for clarity's sake," Mikoto replied. Complicating things can be pretty bothersome to explain.

"Prove it," Bronya demanded.

"Hmm…," Mikoto thought for a while, but nothing came to mind. So, he just pulled out a can of beer from his [Inventory].

"That proves nothing," Bronya ( ᗜ ˰ ᗜ ) 'd her face. A can of beer could prove nothing.

"I know," Mikoto just nodded and opened the can. "How about this photo of Seele and you?" He then proceeded to bring out a picture of Bronya and Seele kissing in the Sea of Quanta.

Bronya's face turned into a tomato, and steam started coming out of her ears. "Wha? How?"

"As you know, multiverse!" Mikoto shrugged his shoulders and started drinking beer.

"Give me that photo!" Bronya snatched the photo from Mikoto's hand and put it neatly inside her pocket. Although it was not her Seele, all Seele are cute Seele. She won't be picky.

"So… you are from out of this cursed world?" Bronya asked, more timidly this time.

"Correct," Mikoto answered as he took another sip of beer.

"Then can you take people out of here?" Bronya asked. "It doesn't have to be us. There are some injured people back in the base. I don't think they could survive in this world more than this," she added.

"I could if this is the normal world," Mikoto gave her an honest reply. Lying here will get nowhere. "Even I am having trouble getting out of the world right now," he added.

"This world is not normal?" Bronya asked, knitting her brows.

"Kiana," Mikoto replied, and that was the only word needed for Bronya to realize their situation. "My sweet little niece Kiana was blocking me from getting out of here. I guess she missed me that much," he shrugged his shoulders.

Perhaps that person realized someone was calling her name, Mikoto heard a faint voice in his ears. "Uncle," the voice started. "Uncle Mikoto," it slowly became clearer.

*Slap*

That was the sound of Mikoto's palm meeting his face. "I shouldn't tempt my fate." He shouldn't tempt his fate. And now, he shall face the consequences.


Author's Notes;

This story lives! After abandoning this fanfic for over a year, I've decided to continue this story. Good for you, eh? You get to continue reading this lazy bastard of a captain's journey.

Welp, with miHorny lore dumping in both Honkai Impact 3rd and GGZ, I have to change the direction this story was going. Fuck you, miHorny. Seele and Sin Mal from GGZ didn't deserve the shit you threw at them.

So, what was Mikoto's [System] for him to pull out all the weapons and copy a character's fighting style? Well, my friend, that… is for the future me to explain.

Before continuing, I want to say that this isn't the first time Mikoto has traveled the Sea of Quanta. He had met some… 'interesting' individuals. He might have gone into Star Rail verse too.

The reason why the story took too long to release was because it was very hard for me to write a character like Mikoto. This chapter is my 5th draft. I had to delete the chapter multiple times to get this character right. But now that I've got my juice to write back, I'll update the story a chapter or two a week.

This story will include a small harem with only three love interests. It might increase, I dunno. But only three love interests for now.

So… that's all from me, and I will see you guys in the next chapter.

2