Chapter 1 – Who am I?
108 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Cain… Cain wake up.”

Cain’s eyes slowly crept open as he heard a gentle voice calling his name.

Cain reached up for her with his tiny hands as if it was natural. The woman picked him up and Cain put his chubby arms around her neck and buried his face into her shoulder.

Cain was enjoying the warmth when he suddenly paused.

‘Wait who is this?’ 

Cain pulled back and took a good look at the woman. Cain’s new vision revealed a thin woman with a dark hair color in between black and purple, the only word that came to his mind was obsidian. She had violet eyes that seemed to pull you into them, like an infinite galaxy that could never be fully explored.

Cain tried to recall if he had ever seen her before.

‘More importantly who am I?’ Cain realized that he couldn’t even remember who he himself was.

‘Ah I can’t remember anything, my memories are all hazy.’ Cain could only recall a few things such as his first name and a few vague things about his life.’ 

“Come on Cain, you're six months old today,” The woman started talking again, “It’s a day to celebrate, the prince of the Dragonwyrm empire’s six month anniversary!”

‘The who now???’ Cain was shocked at the name that dropped and tried to ask.

“Wah” And failed miserably, all that came out was a little sound that was something in between a squeal and a cry.

“Kyaa, you’re so cute.” The woman said in an high pitch tone.

“Yes, yes. You must be excited for today, it’s your special day after all” The woman started talking to herself as she carried Cain with her.

She kept walking until she got to two large doors with guards dressed in shiny gold armor standing by them. She nodded her head and the guards slowly pushed the doors open to reveal a large balcony.

“Announcing the arrival of her imperial grace Rosalina von Dragonwyrm and the imperial crown prince Cain Zadkiel Dragonwyrm.”

Cain was greeted to the view of hundreds of thousands of people lining the streets and cheering.

Cain was stunned looking out at the massive amount of people all yelling happily.

“You see that,” the woman named Rosalina said as she pointed out to the crowd. “Those people are all here for you”

Cain was awestruck at the sheer number of people who had come to see him. Cain had fan meetings and even talk shows with a large audience before but even those palled in comparison to the amount of people who were cheering.

“Take a good long look at them,” she continued “one day you will succeed your fathers throne and rule over them all.”

‘Don’t say such scary things woman.’ Cain retorted in his head.

‘But wow, there sure are a lot, huh.’ Cain thought as he gazed out.

For the rest of the day Cain was paraded around the city for all of the citizens to see. It finally ended when they returned to the palace, although Cain fell asleep in the carriage while in his mothers arms. 

The woman held the child in her arms and smiled a gentle smile while looking at him. 

Then as she looked away her smile suddenly turned fierce.

“That b*st*rd, not showing up on our own son’s celebration day.” She snarled as she said, “No excuses will save you this time”

Cain’s body shivered even as he was in deep sleep.


***********************************

Authors note:

Hello!! If you guys find any mistakes in my writing please point it out, it would be super helpful!! Much appreciated-257Nova

4