Chapter 3 – Planning for the Future
108 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With that “amazing” revelation Cain’s mind wandered to how he was even going to get old enough to learn magic.

In the original novel Cain, true to his name, was a prodigy spearman. He was a genius who could defeat fully trained knights by the age of five, and was the best in the continent when he died.

How did the best spearman in the world die you ask? He sacrificed himself to save the main character by taking on the demon Marquis “Leraje” summoned by the devil support group “Erebus”.

Leraje in the Novak was described as a handsome archer dressed in green who could pierce you without even shooting his bow. Leraje could also cause disputes and fights between allies. One of the main reasons that Cain died was because he had to not only fight Leraje but also the knights that were supposed to be guarding him and his brother. 

‘He sounds like an evil Robinhood’ Cain thought as he chuckled.

‘Well I guess step one in the plan of survival is to get skilled in a weapon’ Cain wanted to go and train right away, but there was just the small problem of Cain not even being old enough to hold a weapon let alone swing it around and train with it.

‘Though there is no harm about thinking about the future.’ Cain reasoned with himself.

‘What weapon should I use though?’ 

Cain never had use for a weapon before, he lived in an apartment as a streamer, he never joined the military or anything.

‘If only I hadn’t ignored the army recruiter when they came into our class.’ Cain thought regretfully.

‘Should I use a spear like the original?’ Cain questioned himself.

‘Naw, that’s not my style, way to conservative, you can only use a tiny portion of a spear for actual combat, not to mention how hard it would be to hit things when you can use magic.’

‘Yes, yes I should go with the sword, it’s totally the most useful, I’m not picking it because it’s the coolest or anything.’ Cain attempted to justify his own thoughts as he waddled back from the mirror. 

‘Now that I’ve come up with a plan I guess all that’s left to do is wait.’ Cain thought as he closed his eyes, completely forgetting about why he was choosing a weapon in the first place.

Cain continued his spoiled life with his mother up until his second birthday.

The morning Cain woke up he received a big surprise from his mother.

“Cain, Cain, guess what?” Rosalina bursted into his room.

“Wha?” Cain leaked out in a tired voice as he rubed his eyes.

“The b*stard,” she started, 

*ahem* 

“I meant your father is finally coming home!”

4