Prologue 2: The First and Last Encounter
42 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*HICK!*

*Sniff~~.*

A sound of cry echoing from the bedroom inside the mansion.

This large mansion owned by the eldest daughter of the Springfield family Ursula Springfield is usually full of life in the morning by the sound of various servants.

But now the whole mansion became empty due to eldest miss suddenly chasing away every servant left alone. Now there is no other sound except the occasional cry from eldest miss's bedroom.

Inside the bedroom, a woman curled up like a caterpillar at the edge of the room.

The woman looked to be in her early 20s and had beautiful platinum hair and a face go with a mature body.

However, her beautiful face couldn’t mask her current state. She was truly a mess.

Her hair was unkempt as if she hadn’t showered in many days. It had tangled everywhere, making one wonder how long she untangled it. Her nails were also unkempt and damaged. Her eyes were bloodshot, with large circles surrounding them.

Her appearance was a visual representation of her current mental state. At least, she was covering her body with her large bedsheet. She looked like a patient from the mental asylum. If someone saw her, one would distance oneself from her out of fear.

"Sleep, Sleep!"

She chanted under her sheet. She couldn't sleep during those days, and every time she closes her eyes, the nightmare repeats again, forcing her awake. She couldn't stop her trembling and feeling of cold despite the warm room temperature.

"Sleep!"

Again she forcefully closed her eyes. Then she returned back to the nightmare of her being getting tormented by millions of vengeful spirits then finally melting into the puddle.

"HOOH!"

She has woken up once again.

In the dream, she saw her future. She was humiliated in front of the masses by her fiance holding the hand of an unknown woman.

She had no control over her body as she again chased after them, trying everything to separate them and trying to kill that woman. In the end, her family got destroyed, and she herself sold out to some thug.

But that didn't stop as she sold her body to scum to kill the woman again only to get tortured then feed to fishes due help of the woman's friend and cowardly thug who sold out her for cash.

Then she sold her soul to an unknown entity who posses her ancestor for her revenge, only to be used and discarded.

In the end, she is killed by her owns sins and foolishness. She felt everything, including the pain of torment and feeling of shame, anger, humiliation.

At first, she hated and despised that woman with golden eyes for taking her everything. She wanted to rip off that eyes and eat her flesh. The hatred grew and grew with each of the nightmares.

The nightmare happened again, again and again.

Until both of her body and soul wears out from constant torture that she no longer feel anything.

While she lay on the ground lifeless like a doll, she saw a different thing, or one should say she saw the whole saga.

This time she observed the woman with golden eyes tale as a bystander.

Then she realized it was not a woman's fault but herself fault and her twisted view of the world.

While the story continues as a bystander, Ursula finds herself cheering for her.

She witnessed her getting tricked, betrayed by the people she trusts, then thrown into the gutter many times only to climb up by her own hard work.

Her so-called fiance thrown her many times in the name of his empire and family. She got heartbroken and hurt but forgave him.

She was forced to serve the government for the sake of people using her new power, just like her predecessors.

Only to be thrown away by those people as the sacrifice for an unknown entity that used Ursula to appear in this world.

Even though she was tired and disappointed in them, she didn't turn back on them.

In the end, she vanquished the entity at the expense of a large part of her life force. Then she lived in peace with her stupid fiance without realizing she could only live no more than ten years.

While people who used and thrown away her only received punishment akin to the slap on the wrist.

Then Ursula is woken up morning feeling anger and bloodlust, but this time her aim was not aimed toward the woman with golden eyes but those people that source of all.

* * *

Ursula, walking through the street towards the orphanage. Her appearance is greatly differed from how she had looked back in her room. It had only been a day, yet she no longer looked like a mad person.

She cleaned herself up, fixed her messy hair that used to look like a donkey's tail, and worn clean red business attire. However, she couldn’t hide her sign of tiredness. She hid her bloodshot eyes with sunglasses and trimmed her nails.

But this made her look more mysterious and domineering, so the people around her avoiding from her way while secretly glancing towards her.

Then she arrived in front of the three-story building.

This orphanage is called Little Seeds. In a playground, Ursula saw children's playing around, making various voices, fought with each other. An incredible amount of energy could be felt within the orphanage. Most of these children were orphans without any parents, but this was why the teachers worked hard to make their lives better. So, despite some trouble here and there, the children were all happy here.

Taking a deep breath, Ursula opened the gate and greeted the teacher.

"Hello, are you miss Ursula Springfield?"

"Yes."

"Then, please follow me to the director's room. Sorry about the noise."

"No, it is okay."

Following behind the teacher, Ursula entered the director's room. Inside the room, she met an old lady past her middle age with a warm smile, and beside the lady, she saw a young lady.

'A lovely.'

It was the only word that could describe her. She had long golden hair that fell down like a waterfall. When she moved her head, her hair moved like water. Her amber eyes were like tears of the sun without a single spot of corruption.

Her name is Adiel.

With a simple smile from her, Ursula felt all of her fatigue blown away.

Just like how she saw in her dream she was a child of God. The very rain itself would avoid her way, the sun would softly shine on her while the earth mother warmly embrace her lovingly.

But sadly, God overlooks to protect her from fellow humans. Ursula knew in the future, this child will perish from loving humanity too much while not loving herself enough.

From there on Ursula decided to pay her payment and collect from others as well.

4