Prologue 3: The Face of My Tormentor
40 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Miss Ursula, what is your reason for your donation to our orphanage?."

The director was surprised by sudden news about someone's donation to their orphanage. Due to sudden finance cut from higher-ups, they were in a grave spot.

Even Adiel was planning to beg from the boss by herself. To her, this orphanage was her home, and the price was equal to or even more than her parents.

"I could say it is more like trade rather than a donation."

'As expected, there is no free food in this world. At the very least, this lady is direct.'

This fact made the director relax a little bit.

"What do you want?"

But she was still afraid of her as she understood the background of the lady in front of her is something she cannot offend.

Why woman like her wanted to make a deal with a small orphanage?

"I wanted to buy your necklace."

The director and Adiel followed the woman's finger and found it is pointing at Adiel's necklace.

"Sister, why you wanted to buy my necklace?"

Adiel was curious as the only thing she know about this necklace is something left behind by the person who left it at the entrance of this orphanage.

From her dream, Ursula knows Adiel can see the soul of the person and identify their intention and see part of their future. So there was no use in lying to her as she can immediately recognize it.

She told her truth but only some part of the whole truth. The necklace was a holy item that was made by mixing Adiel's parent and ancestor's blood to protect her from harm until she reach adulthood.

It is a weapon powerful enough to kill the entity completely but lost during the chase when Adiel running away from gangsters who tried to sell her. Later it was found and destroyed by the entity.

Also, trigger where Adiel meets her fiance Mo Haeun when she hides inside a car while running away from thugs.

"I will not lie. That necklace is something I need the most. I can't say its reason, but I promise I am not trying to do for something evil."

Adiel saw a beautiful blue flame surrounded by black and red mist around the woman in front of her. It was a sign that the woman in front of her not lying. And for an unknown reason, it is the same warm flame that surrounds the director who raised her.

Adiel worried about black and red mist. The black mist was the same mist she saw around animals and malnourished kids. While she saw the red one for the first time but she felt it is something even worse than everything she saw in the past.

"Okay, I trust big sister."

In the end, Adiel decided to trust the unknown woman.

"Thank you. I already send the money through the bank."

Said Ursula stoop and prepared to leave.

"Big sis, don't forget to eat something."

Hearing the word of worry behind her, Ursula felt relieved again, receiving another proof of her dream.

"Yes, I will."

With the word, she disappeared into the crowd.

* * *

At midnight inside of her room, Ursula stood in front of a large complex circle drawn by her blood.

This was a magic circle that entity used her in the dream to materialize into the material realm. She can clearly remember the pain of her flesh getting ripped off used to create its body.

But now, she doesn't feel fear or pain when it happening right in front of her. May she got used to it, or she stopped feeling it.

Starting from the skeleton, the muscle then, organs slowly humanoid figure begun to form in front of Ursula using parts of her.

"Good work, my kin!"

The half-complete human head begun speak to Ursula. He never imagined the waste he spread in the past would have use. But then he realized the waste, stopped supplying him with life force, and required flesh.

"What happened, my kin? Continue to make my vessel I will promise I bring prosperity and unimaginable riches to you when I finally manifest into this material world."

But Ursula knows that is not but a big fat lie as she saw in her dream. She saw herself immediately thrown away into hell when she finally finished creating the entity's vessel using every inch of her flesh and lifeblood.

"Sorry great one, but I require power to complete your vessel as right now I am nothing but a single mortal. Please, grant me power."

"Hmph!"

At the time, he realized what the waste saying was true. Continuing will only lead to his incomplete vessel.

"Only this time."

"I will grant you the power consider this as a great honor becoming my bride. Don't waste my generosity!."

He will let this waste only taste of his power then take it away when she finished the job. His power is not something this waste should touch in the first place.

Suddenly Ursula felt a vast surge of power inside her body. Fully recovering her fatigue, and her injuries begun to heal rapidly could observe by naked eyes.

'Fucker thinking I can't see your hurry?'

The real reason why Ursula asked for the transformation was she knows only people like Adiel, and the same kind can only damage the entity.

"The power will slowly transform your body fitting of my taste, so prepare to serve me after my manifestation."

'Fucking pervert!'

Cursing inside her head, Ursula patiently waited for the entity to finish transport his soul into the vessel. While intentionally avoid making core parts of its body.

"Aaah! finally~~."

The entity took a deep breath using its almost complete vessel and saw the waste about to finish the ceremony. And, he silently prepared to get rid of the leftover, but he didn't know it was the time.

Knowing the time, Ursula suddenly sprung into the action taking the entity by surprise.

"W-what! What are you doing, my kin."

Then the entity saw something that made his skin crawl held in Ursula's hand and where it aiming!

"YOU! TRY TO BACKSTAB ME!"

With rage, the entity created a violent wind blade and sent it towards Ursula who is only a few centimeters away from him.

*Ripp!*

The wind made the deep bloody cut right in between Ursula's eyes and nose, if not for her new body the wind would completely cut off the upper part of her body.

But Ursula completely ignored the pain, and now there are only a few millimeters in between the beating heart of the entity.

The heart began to beat even faster as a sign of panic. At that moment, Ursula felt ecstatic seeing the smug, prideful expression of her tormentor finally turning into horror.

"YOU!"

"DIE!"

The entity sent another wind blade, this time aiming at her soft unprotected neck.

*SPLAT!*

Like fireworks, the blood sprayed everywhere, painting the room in murky red color.

Then.

*Tap, tap, tap!*

Followed by the sound of footsteps, the lone figure pushed open the door walking out the room.

Upon close look, the head was dangling behind its back, only connected to its neck by a small amount of skin.

The headless Ursula reached her hand to her head and placed it back on her neck. Followed by a fleshy sound, she reattaches her head.

"Haaah~~, that is one. Now for the others!"

4