Chapter 2: Bad Morning
32 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ursula didn't know how much time passed while walking under the warm light of the sun. She finally saved Adiel, beaten her death flag, and absorbed the power of the entity.

The change in her body is the byproduct of the half-assed power given to her by the entity. It was not something she no longer turns it back. Since it already took its effect on her body when she finally got used to the entity's real power.

As for her toned body was just one of the things she had done to pass her time during her over 500 years of imprisonment.

While entering the road, Ursula was a bit bothered about her unusual appearance.

But by arriving in the city, Ursula realized there was nothing unusual about her appearance at all.

Through the streets, she saw various people with various appearances walking along with ordinary people. Occasionally she would see people with unusual clothes flying or jumping around the buildings dressed in very embarrassing costumes.

Compared to them, she looks no different than a bystander.

Well, not quite.

As someone with stature over 2 meters tall, Ursula still towered over all ordinary people and some of those costume freaks as well. Plus, two large scars made by the entity, two sharp canine teeth protruding out her mouth, and an intense gaze made her look very threatening. She looked like an animal about to jump out at any sign of aggression.

So people quietly created a way for her out of fear.

As for Ursula, she was checking her surroundings. Everywhere she sees, there are new and unknown things lying there. Draws her attention and urging her to try it.

But Ursula immediately realized she was penniless when she saw a picture of an unknown currency drawn on a machine.

It was a union dollar, the main currency currently used throughout the whole world.

The only thing she possesses is her current cheap attire she got from prison and herself. She had no money or place to stay.

So naturally, Ursula began to search for various jobs.

* * *

1 Day later.

"Fuck!"

Ursula cursed while holding a thick stack of rejection papers.

It was more harder than she thought as there were very few places willing to hire a former convict, especially from famous prisons like Mizaru.

She doesn't know wherever policy called not hiring dangerous villains or mutants as she never any one of them in the first place. Back in Mizaru, she taught lessons to various idiots who call themselves villains with some embarrassing names, but those were just mental idiots with 8th grader syndrome.

But seems like leaving that prison gives her automatically connects her with those retards.

Even her master's degree in business, management, and mathematic didn't help her either.

Plus, her old expired citizenship id made her look even shady to the eyes of others.

"WHAT THE FUCK DOES EVEN MEAN VILLAIN NAME?"

Ursula rips the stack of rejection papers and throws them into the nearby bin. Sitting on one bench, she began to cross out names of places that rejected her from the recruitment book.

She found the book on top of the kid's playground's wooden desk seems the previous owner left there in place after obtaining the job.

In every cross out, Ursula began to feel furious again by recalling those stupid reasons and faces of people. Without even realizing she is slowly crushing the bench's steel handle like a piece of paper.

"Stop right there, miss!"

"Please don't damage the public property any further."

Hearing the deep voice, Ursula stops her action and lowers her job list to see the figure standing in front of her before it wherever it is worth her punch or not, as it was not a good moment for someone to lecture her.

"What kind of weirdo are you?"

In front of her stood a man with a slim statue dressed in a grey shirt, pants with a black belt, and a large glove along with a bright red cape, but the thing that made Ursula wanted to massage her temple was the man's head.

In place of an ordinary human head, there is a large square cube that big as a man's whole upper body with large cartoony eyes, nose, and mouth.

"I am rank C public hero Wall Face Hero!"

"Miss, I understand your frustration, but please don't let out your anger towards the public property. If you wanted to let out your anger!"

The man took a step forward and placed one of his boots on the roadside block taking a pose, then raised his arm with thumbs up towards Ursula with a smile.

"Then hit my face instead. Don't hold back! Direct all of your anger! My face can regenerat-"

*BANG!*

"AAAA! Wall Face Hero!"

Ursula's first immediately smashed apart the hero's bright shining smile along with his concrete face.

"Thanks, that felt a bit better."

Shaking a bit of concrete from her fist, Ursula left the headless body of the great Wall Face Hero surrounded by people.

It's okay three days later. The Wall Face Hero recovered completely.

Feeling a bit better after punching something, Ursula decided to continue her search.

* * *

"KYAAAA!"

"MONSTER!"

"QUICK, CALL THE SUPERHEROES!"

"Urgh! So loud!"

On next morning Ursula is woken up by an annoying voice.

"FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!"

She spent another whole day searching for the job, without any success. She got no choice but to sleep on an uncomfortable bench worse than her prison bed.

"I GONNA MURDER THAT BASTARD!"

Now being woken up by an annoying scream was her last staw. She stood up and walked towards the source of the noise.

On the other side of the road stood a large humanoid beast covered in a pitch-black aura eyeing people who with its bloodthirsty pitch-black eyes.

"I hungry! All of you will become my first step towards becoming the monster!"

With a scream, the beast prepared to pounce on his prey but he saw another figure surrounded by bloodlust walking towards him.

"ANOTHER ME-"

"AH!?"

The monster's sentence is cut short with a single strong word like a silent roar. At that moment, be a monster or people, all of them paralyzed in fear as they saw the woman's bright shining eyes burning with unbridled fury.

"HEY! Who woken me up?!"

 

4