Chapter 3: Cultured Mens
36 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Random Mutation" is an uncommon mutation that occurs in random people due to the high accumulation of various feelings turning them into monsters, villains, or heroes depending on a person's characteristics and positive or negative emotion accumulated.

But at the same time, one can't judge a person from its transformation due to the random nature of mutation itself.

A great example of the mutation was the monster right now facing Ursula.

"HEY! SAY SOMETHING! YOU FUCKING MUTT!"

Just like a small animal being stared down by its predator, the monster froze in its place. In reality, the previous scene was just an act he made on the fly due to a sudden power-up he felt.

The poor man just thought it was something cool at the moment, but unexpectedly he faced the consequences of his action immediately.

"Un...n-no!"

Despite the intimidating appearance, the main reason for the man's mutation was his bitterness towards neighborhood cats that keep damaging his bag and pants every morning.

Of course, he would be intimidated by a real murderer who spent 500 years along with other various criminals.

"AH!"

The monster let out a sharp scream when Ursula took a grab of his ears and tugged it towards her with a strong force, forcing him to kneel.

"Nice costume! Is this what today's makeup can do?"

Seeing such a monster, Ursula felt her fury overcome by her curiosity to get to know better, so she began to inspect everything.

"N-o, that iiis real! AAH!"

*Rip~~!*

*PSS!*

Before even the monster finishes his explanation, Ursula unconsciously adds more force while in the middle of her inspection, like a newly grown leaf of veggie ripping out one of his ears.

"AH!"

"AAAAH!"

"KYAAA!"

The monster screamed in pain while people ran away from the scene, fearing their turn get inspected by such a person.

One of the things Ursula really hated was loud noises, and being almost shouted directly at her ears made flare up again.

"SHUT UP!"

*CRACK!*

With her mood ruined, she planted her fist right above screaming mutt and smashed him into the pavement filling the crack of the driveway.

Even though she was furious, Ursula remembers to holding back as she didn't want to return to prison for such a small reason.

"Little shit screaming at my ears."

While cleaning her poor ears, Ursula left the park, starting another new day.

Later the monster was successfully found, retrieved, and captured by local police. He received one day's worth of imprisonment for disturbing the neighborhood.

* * *

"Damn."

Ursula placed her list in her back pocket with a deep sign. It was already three and half days, but she still couldn't even find a job as a street sweeper.

"Haaah~~."

She felt a little bit disheartened seeing people not even hiring her as a cleaner. The labor work was the same as others. It didn't want to hire her for the same stupid reason.

Now she has begun to feel hungry.

As someone near-immortal like Ursula, the feeling of hunger was just a minor inconvenience, but that doesn't mean she likes to feel that way.

"Hey, did you forget what day it is ?"

"What Day?"

"It is Sunday. Haven't you forgotten about Kasumi's kitchen, you idiot!"

"OH SHIT!"

But by her luck, thanks to her enhanced ear, she catches conversation between bums like her. It was about a small kitchen opened by the family led by its eldest daughter Kasumi on Sunday to feed homeless and jobless people spending their days at the dumpster.

The place they opened their kitchen was two bus stops away from her current position.

"Why not?"

Ursula stood from the bench and walked towards the place where Kasumi, open her kitchen.

Why should she be embarrassed?

It is true she is homeless, jobless, and doesn't have money to buy even a bottle of water.

* * *

At the side of the children's playground stood quite a long line made of various people. But one thing in common was their attires.

No matter be it a colorful flashy suit or an old parka and construction gloves, all of them are in poor shape. Each of them holds the story of its wearer and their wish to live another day.

At the start of their line, there are two large soup pots filled to the brim with soups boiling over fitting large stoves placed on large desks along with a large rice cooker.

"It is hot, so be careful."

"Please, don't cut in the lines. There is plenty for everyone."

With a smile, a mother and daughter gave out a single-use plastic container with soup and rice while the dad and two brothers managing the line of people.

“As always, thanks for the hard work, Kasumi.”

Said man received the hot soup and went to one of the cardboard spread on the ground to eat his meal along with others. Eventually, the empty playground became quite lively, being filled with people holding a warm soup in their hands chatting and humoring with each other under the starry night.

Of course, each of them held back their loud voice and avoided getting in the people's way, knowing the place and time they are in.

“AAAh~~ What a bliss.”

“Same, same. I don’t know how I can pass a week without this soup. Thanks to their kindness, I was able to save some money for the winter.”

“Shame, not all people like them. With winter is coming, I don’t’ know how many of us will ended meeting the god at this winter.”

“True, true, with the price of can and plastic bottle getting dropped again. Even by working a full day will earn money that is barely enough for a cheap noodle. With agency refusing to hire old junk like me. I guess, I am done for.”

With conversation, all of them felt the mood slowly turning dark. But it was something that can't be evaded forever, as they understood now it is mid of fall.

The winter is right on their doorstep.

"It will be okay, it happens all time! Just like last time, all of us will go through them."

"Yeah, you old coot talk about death all time, but I saw how much you took care of your so-called thrown away life."

"I bet when the time comes, you can outlast every one of us!"

"True, true, true!"

It with some humor and smile, the light returned the people's faces. While in mid of their laughter, one of them found a figure walking towards the kitchen.

"Hey, look!"

"What ?"

"Is that a person ?"

It was a tall person dressed in simple clothes. Upon closer look, it was a woman who possess, quite a threatening appearance.

"Holy shit! It is!"

"It is monster ?"

"Of course it is not! Can't you see her face?"

"As if I can see straight to her face! Can't you see that eyes and that scar!"

Said man, made a sliding motion under his eyes while pointing his eyes. But he only received a slap on the back of his head almost made him spill his precious soup.

"The heck!"

"Pot calling the kettle a black!"

A bum judging person by its look.

"Yeah, but can't you also see her monster body?"

Said old man, pointing obvious places on the woman's body with a grin.

"Fucking, old pervert!"

Following the old man's finger, they noticed a woman's excellent curvaceous body and large breasts would make any man move their head in motion.

"....."

"..."

"I don't mind dying in between those~~"

"True, but isn't her eyes and scars scary? And those muscles!"

"No, no no, that is plus!"

Immediately talk between life and way turned to a conversation between perverts.

5